In this article we will study in-depth facts on the Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu and how changes in these rates can affect life and lifestyle.
Silver as a metal is very valuable and stands highly in demand as it is much cheaper than gold. One important feature of silver is that it is anti-corrosive. The demand for silver in the state of Tamil Nadu is in the form of electronics, for energy, chemical production and more.
Facts in purity of silver and its uses to make different tools are laid down in this article. We hope that you consider all the parameters discussed below on Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu today to predict future trends. To know more details on the Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu Live, run through this entire article and the figures posted as well.
Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu – 10 gm, 100 gm & 1 kg Silver Price in Tamil Nadu Today
We have summed up data on Silver Price in Tamil Nadu Today in a very systematic format by comparing the changes in silver prices from yesterday to today.
Rates for 10 gram, 100 gram and 1 KG of silver are tabulated below and relative comparison is undertaken for 22 carat silver. This data is necessary to understand how silver rates can change on a daily basis.
Also, Check out the Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu Today
Silver Price in TN for Last 15 Days
A small fluctuation in prices during recent times is an important step towards predicting future trends. To facilitate the understanding of future movement of prices we have summed up numbers on the changes in Silver Price in Tamil Nadu for the past 15 days.
Find Silver Rates of Top Indian Cities & States
Silver Price in Tamil Nadu – Past 6 Months Price
Past data is always crucial while studying an investment unit. For the sake of the readers, we have penned down all necessary information on the silver rate in Tamil Nadu changes for the past 6 months.
These notes are key points to understand the silver rate changes and the reasons that can highly impact the market. We hope a bird’s eye view on this data will be helpful for your further study.
August 2020, silver rate movement in Tamil Nadu
|August-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st August 2020||₹ 65,110|
|8th August 2020||₹ 74,200|
|15th August 2020||₹ 68,000|
|22nd August 2020||₹ 67,100|
|31st August 2020||₹ 66,600|
|Highest Price||₹ 76,510|
|Lowest Price||₹ 65,000|
In Tamil Nadu silver rates keep moving as per the market forces of demand and supply. Silver is a precious metal used in household and as ornaments and jewellery. The below section discusses about the fluctuation of silver rates in Tamil Nadu for the month of August.
- The silver rates for 5 different days in August are mentioned in the table.
- The silver price on 1st August was Rs. 65,100 per kg, on 15th August was Rs. 68,000 per kg and on 31st August was Rs. 66,600 per kg.
- The highest price for the month was Rs. 76,510 per kg.
- And the lowest price was Rs. 65,000 per kg.
- Performance was calculated which was precisely 18%.
July 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Jul-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st July 2020||₹ 50,050|
|8th July 2020||₹ 50,020|
|15th July 2020||₹ 53,000|
|22nd July 2020||₹ 58,950|
|31st July 2020||₹ 65,000|
|Highest Price||₹ 66,050|
|Lowest Price||₹ 48,500|
Finding the best investment opportunity whether it is in gold or silver always comes with knowing prices for the same and making sure investment is made at the lowest so that increasing prices will also serve profit to one’s portfolio. Here, the changes in silver prices in Tamil Nadu for the month of July is focused on.
- Prices as on different days in July are available in the table.
- Silver rate in Tamil Nadu on 1st July was Rs.50,050 per gram and on 31st July was Rs.65,000 per gram.
- The peak point was Rs.66,050 per gram and the lowest point was Rs.48,500 per gram.
- Silver prices show an increasing trend.
- Performance is analysed and set at an approximate of 36%.
June 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Jun-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st June,2020||₹ 50,150|
|31st June,2020||₹ 48,550|
|Highest Price||₹ 50,160 per Kg|
|Lowest Price||₹ 47,100 per Kg|
We have noted figures on silver rate movement in Tamil Nadu for the month of June. To precisely understand silver rate movements it is very important to glance at figures from the most recent month of the year. The month of June showed steady upside because of the stability in the market. Some important numbers are mentioned below.
- Opening and closing prices are mentioned in the table. You will also find the highest as well as the lowest price in the data.
- The opening price for the month is seen at Rs.50,150 per gram and the closing price is at Rs.48,550 per gram.
- Highest touched rate for the month of June is Rs.48,800 per gram and the lowest point is Rs.47,100 per gram.
- There is a decrease in prices from first day of the month until the last.
- The calculated percentage change in performance for the silver rate in Tamil Nadu per gram for this month is roughly seen to be 6.50%.
May 2020, Silver Rates in Tamil Nadu
|May-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st May,2020||₹ 41,000|
|31st May,2020||₹ 50,110|
|Highest Price||50,110/- per Kg on 31st May,2020|
|Lowest Price||41,000/- per Kg on 1st May,2020|
All the necessary information for the reader to keep in mind for the month of May is available in the table and the key notes below. We hope you get a better picture about the silver rates in Tamil Nadu with this data.
- Prices on first and last day of the month are mentioned.
- The highest price that silver rate has touched this month is Rs.50,100/- which is on the 31st
- The lowest dip for the month is Rs.41,000/- noted on 1st
- Percentage change in silver rate in Tamil Nadu per gram is calculated to be 22.22% which shows the movement in silver prices for the month.
- This month has a stable upward trend for the silver rates in the state.
April 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Apr-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st April,2020||₹ 39,940|
|30th April,2020||₹ 42,520|
|Highest Price||Rs. 42,700/- per Kg on 20th April,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 39,940/- per Kg on 1st April,2020|
The fluctuation in the silver rate movement in Tamil Nadu for the month of April is compiled below. These numbers are crucial to predict future silver rate trends.
- The table below has prices of silver in the state of Tamil Nadu for the first and last day of the month.
- It also has information on the highest and lowest prices for the similar month.
- The price of the metal opened at Rs.39,940 per kg and the closing price for the month was Rs.42,520 per kg.
- The highest price recorded for the month was Rs.42,700 per kg and the lowest at Rs.39,940 per kgfor the month of May.
- Overall performance for silver rate in Tamil Nadu per gram for the month is recorded at 6.46%.
March 2020, Silver Rate Movement in TN
|Mar-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st March,2020||₹ 48,500|
|31st March,2020||₹ 39,480|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,080/- per Kg on 7th March,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 39,480/- per Kg on 31st March,2020|
The month of March 2020 marked the onset of the lockdown in the country because of which major changes were seen in the silver price movement in Tamil Nadu. This section will guide you on how changes in the economy can majorly impact silver prices.
- For your reference, we have put in the price for the first and the last day of the month in the table.
- The highest price level for the month was Rs.51,080 per kg of silver dated on 7th
- On the other hand, the lowest price level for the month was Rs.39,480 per kg dated on 31st
- Price on first day of the month was Rs.48,500 per kg and on last day of the month was Rs.39,480 per kg.
- As mentioned earlier, the major volatility this month was the result of the pandemic that disrupted the economy. The stock market as well as silver rates showed a negative slope. The overall analysis for this month for Silver Price in Tamil Nadu per Gram stands at -18.60%.
February 2020, Silver Price Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Feb-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|15th February,2020||₹ 49,500|
|29th February,2020||₹ 48,500|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,500/- per Kg on 24th February,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 48,500/- per Kg on 29th February,2020|
We have set up a table on the data for 22 Carat Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu for the month of February. Points to be noted are mention for reference as well.
- Take a sneak peak for February for the change in price from 1st February to 29th February, as we have mentioned it in the table.
- The month opened at was Rs.49,500 per kg and closed at Rs.48,500 per kg.
- Peak point of silver rate for this month was Rs.51,500 per kg as on 24th Feb 2020.
- The lowest price level of drop in prices for the month was Rs.48,500 per kg on 29th Feb 2020.
- The calculated percentage change in performance for the Silver rate in Tamil Nadu per gram for this month is roughly seen to be -2.02%.
January 2020, Silver Price Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Jan-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st January,2020||₹ 49,350|
|23rd January,2020||₹ 49,000|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,000/- per Kg on 6th January,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 48,900/- per Kg on 14th January,2020|
The month of January marks the beginning of a year and high demand for silver. This section is a run through 22 carat silver price in Tamil Nadu and reasons for its change. We hope that this information is worthy to calculate future movements.
- Prices of silver rate changes for the month of January are given for reference.
- The price as on 1st January 2020 was Rs.49,350 per kg and on 23rd January was Rs.49,000 per kg.
- On 6th January 2020, prices touched its peak point, that was at Rs.51,000 per kg.
- And on 14th January 2020, the steepest dip was seen at Rs.48,900 per kg for the month.
- The performance change has been calculated as -0.71% for silver price in Tamil Nadu.
December 2019, Silver Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Dec-19||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st December,2019||₹ 46,650|
|31st December,2019||₹ 49,350|
|Highest Price||Rs. 49,350/- per Kg on 31st December,2019|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 46,650/- per Kg on 1st December,2019|
The prices for 24 carat silver rate in Tamil Nadu are the highlight for this section. Information is posted in a tabular format as well as explanatory points are also mentioned below.
- We have mentioned data on the silver rate in Tamil Nadu for this month in order to get a short insight on last year prices of silver.
- This month gave the overall performance of 5.79% in the fluctuation of silver rates.
- The prices opened at Rs.46,650 per kg and closed at Rs.49,350 per kg.
- Month began with the lowest price of Rs.46,650per kg as on the 1st December and ended with the highest rate of Rs.49,350 per kg on the last day of the year.
- The month saw a positive and upward trend in movement of prices.
Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu – Trend in 2020
Investing in metal to hedge during time of uncertainties has always been a strategy of the people in the country.
The silver rate in Tamil Nadu this year was greatly impacted by the onset of the global pandemic which took charge during the end of the financial year.
Other measures that also changed the silver rate trends this year is the unstable relations between India and China.
Today silver rate in Tamil Nadu has considerably taken a steadier pace as compared to the initial months of the year where it had a steep low.
Investors decided to turn to metals as it is a safe haven for funds. With the property of high liquidity, investors believe that their funds are safe by investing them in silver.
Check out Silver Rates of other Indian Cities & States
Silver Rate in TN – Trend in 2019
Demand plays an important role under the reasons for change in silver rate trend 2019 in Tamil Nadu. With an increase in demand for silver, the prices also tend to sky rocket. The strength of rupee to US dollar also impacts silver rates in Tamil Nadu.
Historical silver rate in Tamil Nadu have been impacted by many reasons. Global factors, the demand from jewellery market, trade relation with other countries and more can change silver rates from nation to nation.
The year 2019, had volatile silver rates, it showed uptrend for initial months, then declined and again started to increase. However, since the beginning of 2020 it continued to increase.
What makes Silver Rates in Tamil Nadu to increase or decrease?
The increase and decrease in silver rates is an ongoing cycle and will never stop. However, with either short term or long term stability, prices of silver do not always only increase or only decrease. We have tried to list some reasons that positively and negatively impact the silver rates in Tamil Nadu as on today.
Take a note at few of the reasons mentioned below:
- Silver rate increases with an increase in demand and increasing inflation. The similar case also has a vice-versa effect.
- Depending on overseas fluctuation, silver rate nation wise is also bound to change.
- During time of festivals, silver is demanded in high quantity in the form of jewellery, silverware or coins as a sign of luck and blessings. This also increases the rates of the metal.
- Silver rate in West Bengal today per gram changes whenever there is any change in rupee dollar strength.
What are the various measuring units of Silver in Tamil Nadu?
A standard measurement of silver is called troy ounce. Wherein, 1 troy ounce measures 31.103 grams of silver. This measurement comes from the metric system of measurement and is mainly used for measuring metal rates only.
Purity of silver during its measurement is also checked in order to calculate authenticity. Other metrics for calculating and knowing about the measurement on silver in Tamil Nadu are mentioned below.
- 1 tonne is 1000 kilogram
- 1 tola is 12 masha or 11.67 gram
How much is the Tax Levied on Silver Rate in TN?
Every state is free to impose taxes on luxury. The state of Tamil Nadu as per central government norms is compelled to levy 3% GST on purchase and sale of gold.
Other charges factored come from transportation and hauling cost, making charges and broking expense that differ from jeweller to jeweller. Therefore, the tax on silver rate in Tamil Nadu is different from taxes in other states.
Find Silver Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Silver Rate in Uttar Pradesh||Silver Rate in Bhubaneswar||Silver Rate in Jaipur|
|Silver Rate in West Bengal||Silver Rate in Chandigarh||Silver Rate in Lucknow|
|Silver Rate in Ahmedabad||Silver Rate in Coimbatore||Silver Rate in Patna|
How to check Silver purity in Tamil Nadu?
Checking silver purity to know if one owns real silver or only a tool coated with silver is very important. Pure silver rate in Tamil Nadu comprises of 94.79% silver which is mixed with other alloy.
A local way to check purity in silver is by using ice cube test. Silver is said to have the highest thermal conductivity.
Therefore, when placing ice on silver, it is said that real silver will melt the ice at a very high rate. Bleach is also used in order to test the authenticity of silver. If bleach tends to tarnish after silver being placed on it, then your silver is considered to be pure.
Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu – Conclusion
A complete and detailed summary on the silver rates in Tamil Nadu are laid down in this article. We have put in figures pertaining to comparative study of silver and past data which are valuable to understand when it is a good time to invest in silver.
For your portfolio diversification and perfect time to invest in silver, make sure you have seen thoroughly all the aspects in this article, and taken a note of all the economic and political factors impacting today silver rate in Tamil Nadu.