Before looking into Kotak Securities Review & Brokerage Charges, Let’s read through some important information about the company.
About Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities Limited was founded in 1994 & currently considered as one of the largest stock broking house in India, headquartered in Mumbai. Kotak Securities is a full service broker with massive customer base ranging from 1-1.2 million. They are a stock broking arm of Kotak Mahindra Group having 1200+ branches & franchisees across 359 cities in India. Kotak Securites is a highly recognized member of Bombay Stock Exchange & National Stock Exchange delivering 5 lakh trades on daily basis. They are also a depository participant with National Securities Depository Limited (NDSL) and Central Depository Services Limited (CDSL).
Kotak Securities have been rewarded with many Awards in the near past, they have been voted as the “Broker of the Year” by The Asian Banker’s Financial Markets Business Achievement Awards 2014. In 2013, Awarded as Best Equity Broking House by D&B Equity Broking Awards. They have always been considered as a highly influential stock broking house within the Broking Sector.
Kotak Securities Brokerage Charges & Fees
There are two types of Brokerage Plans available with Kotak Securities:
Dynamic Brokerage Plans – Dynamic Brokerage Plan is promoted for those who wants to save big on brokerage. With Dynamic Brokerage Plan a client can avail brokerage as low as 18 paise on delivery trading. Find below detailed view of Dynamic Brokerage Plan:
|Delivery Trading – Brokerage is Charged based on Monthly Volume of Transaction|
|Monthly Volume||Brokerage Charges|
|Less than 1 Lakh||0.59%|
|1 – 5 Lakh||0.55%|
|5 – 10 Lakh||0.45%|
|10 – 20 Lakh||0.36%|
|20 – 60 Lakh||0,27%|
|60 lakh – 2 crore||0.23%|
|Greater than 2 crore||0.18%|
|Intraday Trading – Brokerage is Charged based on Monthly Volume of Transaction|
|Monthly Volume||Brokerage Charges|
|Less than 25 Lakhs||0.06%|
|25 Lakhs – 2 Crores||0.05%|
|2 Crores – 5 Crores||0.04%|
|Greater than 5 Crores||0.03%|
Advance Brokerage Plans – This is quite a unique plan for any investor where he/she can earn the brokerage back over a period of time by doing multiple transactions. In this plan the Client has to pay certain sum of brokerage in advance to Kotak Security & the same brokerage can be earned back over a period of time by the client by doing stock transactions. In this way, the client ends up paying very low brokerage in a span of time. This plan comes with 12 month validity within which the client can earn back the brokerage paid in advance.
|Plan||Advance Fee||Delivery Brokerage||Intraday Brokerage|
Validity of all the above mentioned plans are 12 Months.
Kotak Securities Offers
Kotak Securities is renowned as a premium broker in stock broking sector. They have some really interesting offers which is majorly related to their Brokerage. Like 18 paise brokerage related to dynamic brokerage plan and advanced brokerage plan where a client can earn back the brokerage paid amount over a period of time.
They have also come up with All in one account feature where a client can open Saving, Demat & Trading Account at the same time, this is convenient for many clients who don’t want to link their existing saving account to demat account. Also, this reduces the burden of documentation process of the client to quite an extent.
Kotak securities also provides “Free Demat Account” promotional offer where the client don’t have to bear any annual maintenance charges. This offer only waives off amc but not any other charges like demat opening charges & taxes.
One of the unique offer kotak provides is happy hour trading. This offer flashes in the trading platform where the client can get flat 50% off on brokerage.
Another Interesting offer available with Kotak Securities is Double or Quits. This offer also flashes within the trading platform where the client can either pay double the brokerage or don’t pay any brokerage basis the performance of his/her stocks. If the client makes profit on selling the stock then has to pay double the brokerage or if he/she makes losses then the brokerage is waived off.
Kotak Securities Products & Services
Kotak Securities offers a wide range of Products & Services.
Services offered by Kotak Securities:
- Demat Account – Every Full service & discount broker in the stock market sector offers demat account to their client, this is major product which Kotak securities sells on daily basis to the prospects. Demat account is like a bank account for dematerialized stock scripts.
- Equity Trading Account – Along with demat account Kotak securities also provides trading account. In this account a client can keep their money & via this money they can buy & sell shares.
- 2 in 1 Trading Account – This is combination of Demat & Trading Account which kotak securities sells to their client.
- Trinity Account or 3 in 1 Account – Kotak securities most famous & highly promoted account is trinity account. This is a combination of saving, demat & trading account.
- Linked Account – This is a unique concept of Kotak where a client of different broker can link their saving & demat account with Kotak securities trading account & perform trades. This feature is available only with few banks like Kotak Mahindra bank, ING Vysya Bank, IndusInd Bank, Federal Bank, Union Bank of India, Citibank or Oriental Bank of Commerce.
- RGESS – The Rajiv Gandhi Equity Savings Scheme is an investment option which allows anyone holding a demat & trading account to invest in the form of Equity Investment & also enjoy tax exemption upto Rs.25,000.
- PMS – Portfolio Management Services is used majorly by those clients who have massive holdings in their portfolio & they want to get it managed by highly experienced fund manager. The objective of portfolio managers is to invest client’s money in a very productive manner which grows on a consistent basis.
- Kotak Private Client Group – This is an exclusive product from kotak securities which mainly caters to HNI’s (High Networth Individuals) & Corporates.
- Kotak Pearl Account – This is also an exclusive kotak product which caters only to women investors. It is designed in a way that helps female investors achieve their goals.
Products offered by Kotak Securities
Kotak Securities provides all security market products to their clients. Some of them are Equity Trading, Derivatives, Mutual Funds, IPO’s (Initial Public Offering), Exchange Trading Fund (ETFs), Currency, Tax Free Bonds, Gold Exchange Traded Funds (GETFs), Stock Lending & Borrowing Mechanism (SLBM) & Interest Rate Futures.
Along with these services & products they provide a wide range of value added services aswell. Some of these value added services are Willsecure, Autoinvest, Margin Trading, Super Multiple, BNST, Portfolio Tracker, SMS alerts, indicators & technical charts, capital gain report, stock as margin, AMO.
Kotak Securities Trading Platforms
Kotak provides multiple trading platforms for every type of client. As per clients usage behavior trading platforms also varies. Some of the well-known trading platforms of kotak securities are –
- Website – A client can log in to kotak website & starts trading.
- KEAT ProX – It is the most famous trading platform from kotak. It has all features which a trading platform requires from live market updates, buy and sell option in real time to portfolio management feature & Watchlist. It is a flagship Kotak tool for trading.
- Kotak Stock Trader – It is specifically designed for mobile which client can use from anytime & anywhere.
- Fastlane – This is browser based trading platform which has similar features as in KEAT ProX.
- Xtraline – This is a browser based application which can work at a very slow internet connection aswell. Especially designed for tier 2 and tier 3 cities where internet is very slow.
- Dealer Assigned Trading – This is an offline feature rather than a Trading platform where are client can directly go to a nearest kotak securities office and get the investment or trading done from the outlet.
- Call & Trade – This is another trading feature where the client can directly call the dealer & get the trading done on his behalf.
List of all Full-Service Brokers in India –
Angel Broking , Motilal Oswal , Kotak Securities , HDFC Securities , Sharekhan , India Infoline / IIFL , ICICI Direct , Edelweiss , Karvy , SBI Cap Securities , Geogit BNP Paribas , Anand Rathi , Religare Securities , Indiabulls Ventures , Just Trade , Ventura Securities , Marwadi Group , Aditya Birla Money , Axis Direct , SMC Global , GEPL Capital , IDBI Direct , GCL Securities , Arihant Capital , Mangal Keshav , MasterTrust , Networth Direct , Reliance Securities , Sushil Finance , LSE Securities
Important Blog Posts –
Top 10 Stock Brokers in India , Best Stock Broker in India , Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India , Top 10 Sub Broker Partner in India , Full Service Broker vs Discount Broker in India , 10 Best Practices of Share Market Investment , Mutual Fund vs Real Estate Investment