Sharekhan offers services to the following customers: individual investors, institutional and traders, corporates & NRI’s. Sharekhan has now more than 14,00,000 customers in India. Their facilities involve areas to invest on BSE and NSE and also commodity trading on MCX and NCDEX. You can invest here in IPOs and mutual funds and take benefits of depository services (demat account).
Sharekhan ranks 3rd in India (after ICICI Direct and HDFC Securities). It has branches & franchises in over 550 cities across India. They provide brokerage services through their online trading website Sharekhan.com and 1850 offices. It also has international presence in the Oman and UAE countries. Sharekhan has seen incredible growth over last 11+ years as an online trading platform and the chain of franchises located in almost every part of India.
Sharekhan.com is the finest investment portal for Indian stock market, offering research reports, stock quotes, wide range of options on investment, share market news, information of fundamental equities and statistical equities.
Sharekhan offers “Sharekhan TradeTiger”, is one of the popular trading terminals for retail investors. It allows frequent traders to place and execute orders at a very high speed. These yield live data on the same screen to help the users with their trades.
Sharekhan’s ‘ShareMobile’ platform that offers trading facility through mobile apps, available for iPhone, Android, iPad, Blackberry and others.
The services in Mutual Funds, Insurance, Bonds and NCD’s, F&O and Commodity and investment in IPO’s are also available. The company provides Sharekhan Demat Account registered as a depository participant with NSD and CDS.
Sharekhan offers variety of accounts to suite customer requirement. These accounts include Sharekhan Classic Account, Sharekhan Trade Tiger Account, Sharekhan’s First Step Account, and Portfolio Management Services (PMS) through its Platinum Circle Account.
They have their own research teams which help traders with stock tips, quarterly company result analysis, investment advices & policies and news alerts to its customer though email, SMS and through other campaigns. It would provide free online and classroom seminars / workshops to their investors. The Sharekhan Accounts come with both online and in-person help from the Sharekhan representatives.
Sharekhan Rating (by the customers)
1. Classic account
In this account type, investors can buy and sell stocks with provided features like Integrated Banking, multiple watch lists, demat and digital contracts, Instant credit & transfer and Real-time portfolio tracking with price alerts. Below are the following features:
- Online trading account for Equities and Derivatives
- Free trading through Phone / Dial-n-Trade
- Two dedicated numbers for placing your orders with your cellphone or land-line.
- Automatic funds transfer with phone banking (for the customers of Citibank and HDFC bank).
- Simple and Secure Interactive Voice based system for authentication.
- get the trusted, professional advice of our tele-brokers.
- After-hours order placement facility between 8.00 am and 9.30 am
- Integration of: Online trading + Bank + Demat account
- Instant cash-transfer facility against the purchase & sale of any shares
- IPO investments facility
- Get Instant order and trade confirmations by e-mail or SMS
2. TradeTiger account
This is a net based app for active traders who trade frequently during the day’s trading session. Below are the following features:
- Single platform for multiple exchange BSE/NSE/Cash & F&O/ MCX/NCDEX
- Multiple Market Watch available
- Tie-up with 12 other banks for online transfer of funds
- Graph Studies are available including Average, Band- Bollinger, Know Sure-Thing, MACD, RSI, etc.
- Hot keys similar to a traditional broker terminal
- Different tools available to gauge market like Tick Query, Ticker, Action Watch, Option Premium Calculator, Span Calculator and Market summary.
Sharekhan Special Offers
Free Trading & Demat Account (Only for limited time)
Sharekhan offers FREE Trading + Demat Account (Rs 1150 waived). You can avail of attractive trading plans that suits your need by paying Annual maintenance charges that are fully adjustable against brokerage. Thereby, saving up to 70% on brokerage. You can visit their website to avail this offer.
Sharekhan Brokerage Charges 2017
Annual maintenance charges (AMC) & Account Opening Fees:
- Trading Account Opening Charges (One Time): pay Rs 750 (Classic Account), Rs 1000 (Trade Tiger Account)- charges fully adjusted against first 6-months brokerage.
- Trading Annual maintenance charges (AMC): Nil
- Demat Account Opening Charges (One Time): The amount included in trading account opening charges
- Demat Account Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC): pay Rs 400 (Free for 1st year with trading account.)
Sharekhan Trading Brokerages Charges:
- Intra-day Trades: charges 0.1% on the buy side and 0.1% on the sell side.
- Delivery Based Trades: charges 0.5% or 10 paise per share or Rs 16/- per scrip (whichever is higher)
- F&O Trades: charges 0.1% on the first leg and 0.02% on the second leg (if squared off on the same day) and then 0.1% (if squared off on any other day)
- Options Trades: charges Rs 100/- per contract or 2.5% on the premium (whichever is higher).
- Currency Future: charges 0.1%
- Currency Options: charges Rs 30/- per lot or 2.5% on premium (whichever is higher).
- Commodity: charges 0.1%
Sharekhan Minimum Brokerage Fee:
- For Intra-day Trades:charges min. brokerage of 5 paise/share. That means while doing intraday trading if the share price you trade in is Rs 50/- or less, they will charge you a minimum brokerage of 5 paise/share.
- For Delivery Based Trades:charges min. brokerage fee of 10 paise/share. So, for delivery based trades min. brokerage of 10 paise/share is charged when the share price is Rs 20/- or less.
- Minimum DP charges:charges Rs 16/- per scrip when the total traded value is Rs 3200/- (or less if it is sell transaction).
Sharekhan Post Paid Plans:
|Margin Scheme||Cash Leg 1||Cash Leg 2||Delivery||Future Leg 1||Future Leg 2 same day||Future next day||Option|
|25 K||0.1||0.1||0.5||0.1||0.02||0.1||Higher of 2.5% of premium or Rs 100|
|30 K||0.1||0||0.5||0.1||0||0.1||Higher of 2.5% of premium or Rs 100|
|40 K||0.09||0||0.45||0.09||0||0.09||Higher of 2.25% of premium or Rs 95|
|50 K||0.07||0||0.4||0.07||0||0.07||Higher of 1.5% of premium or Rs 80|
|1 Lakh||0.05||0||0.25||0.05||0||0.05||Higher of 1% of premium or Rs 70|
|3 Lakh||0.04||0||0.2||0.04||0||0.04||Higher of 1% of premium or Rs 50|
|5lakhs||0.03||0||0.18||0.03||0||0.03||Higher of 0.75% of premium or Rs 40|
|10 Lakhs||0.02||0||0.15||0.02||0||0.02||Higher of 0.60% of premium or Rs 30|
|20 Lakhs||0.015||0||0.1||0.015||0||0.015||Higher of 0.55% of premium or Rs 25|
Sharekhan Pre Paid Plans
Sharekhan offers following pre paid plans. The plans are available for 6 month and 1 year as shown below:
|Amount (Rs)||Period||Cash Leg 1||Cash Leg 2||Delivery||Future Leg 1||Future Leg 2 (same day)||Future next day||Option||Intraday transaction||Delivery transaction|
|Default||0.1||0.1||0.5||0.1||0.02||0.1||Higher of 2.5% of premium or Rs 100|
|750||6 months||0.1||0||0.5||0.1||0||0.1||Higher of 2.5% of premium or Rs 100||7,50,000||1,50,000|
|1000||6 months||0.09||0||0.45||0.09||0||0.09||Higher of 2.25% of premium or Rs 95||11,11,111||2,22,222|
|2000||Annual||0.07||0||0.4||0.07||0||0.07||Higher of 1.5% of premium or Rs 80||28,57,143||5,00,000|
|6000||Annual||0.05||0||0.25||0.05||0||0.05||Higher of 1% of premium or Rs 70||1,20,00,000||24,00,000|
|18000||Annual||0.04||0||0.2||0.04||0||0.04||Higher of 1% of premium or Rs 50||4,50,00,000||90,00,000|
|30000||Annual||0.03||0||0.18||0.03||0||0.03||Higher of 0.75% of premium or Rs 40||10,00,00,000||1,66,66,667|
|60000||Annual||0.02||0||0.15||0.02||0||0.02||Higher of 0.50% of premium or Rs 30||30,00,00,000||4,00,00,000|
|100000||Annual||0.015||0||0.1||0.015||0||0.015||Higher of 0.55% of premium or Rs 25||66,66,66,667||10,00,00,000|
|200000||Annual||0.005||0.005||0.08||0.005||0.005||0.005||Flat Rs 10||2,00,00,00,000||25,00,00,000|
Pros and Cons of Sharekhan:
- For suite customer requirement they offer different trading platform that includes Installable terminal, mobile, call & trade and in-person trade through branch offices and online browser based trading.
- It offers different brokerage slabs to suit individual customers. Higher your trade your brokerage gets reduced. They have multiple brokerage schemas are available with them.
- They offer to investors both online and classroom training, seminars, tips and workshops.
- Sharekhan doesn’t charge for Online Funds Transfer from bank account and Funds Pay-out to bank account.
- It doesn’t charge for any DP transactions. The transfer of share from and to the DP account is free.
- Sharekhan has nation-wide network of branches. You can easily find a Sharekhan branch in your neighborhood.
- Call & Trade facilities are free with Sharekhan.
- It also allows fixed-deposit as a collateral for future and option trading.
- Does not offer a 3-in-1 account as they do not provide any banking services.
- The brokerage charges are Percentage-based which is higher in comparison to flat fee brokers.
- They charge a minimum brokerage of 10 paisa/stock. It would not let you stocks trade below 20 rupees (you may lose the majority of money in brokerage).
- Facility to place order after the trading hours is not available.
- The Classic account holders can’t trade on commodities.