Let’s have a detailed review of the company and analytics of the LIC IPO release date, IPO offer price, subscription, LIC IPO allotment, grey market price and other details like the company’s background, Life Insurance Corporation of India financial positions, its promoters and other related things.
LIC IPO Review & Ratings
|IPO Ratings & Review|
|Top Brokers Review||8.1/10|
Summary of LIC IPO
The country’s largest institutional investor and the largest insurer, LIC, is the market leader in the life insurance industry both by premium collected, as well as the number of policies sold.
The government now proposes to sell a part of its holding in LIC by way of Initial Public Offer.
It is the only insurer offering sovereign guarantee meaning that the policyholders funds are completely secure. This is the reason that LIC policy premiums are higher than private sector counterparts.
Financial Analysis, as per the Restated Financial Statements
- For the April to December 2019 period, LIC collected new premiums of Rs 1.37 lakh crore, showing a 45.5 percent year-on-year (YoY) rise. In fact in one month (December 2019), LIC wrote Rs 16,861.98 crore.
- Despite the insurance industry having been privatised in 2000, LIC still remains the largest life insurer with 70.52 percent market share (by premiums as of December 2019)
- LIC saw a 291 percent jump in its income from investment in a 10-year period between FY09 and FY19. Data from the LIC Annual Report 2018-19 released last week showed that the income from investments stood at Rs 2,21,573.72 crore at the end of FY19.
- Putting the premium income and investment income together, the net total income stood at Rs 5.61 lakh crore in FY19 compared to Rs 2 lakh crore in FY09. Here, the premium income stood at Rs 3.37 lakh crore.
The Promoter of this company is . The lead managers to the issue are ARYAMAN FINANCIAL SERVICES LIMITED, GALACTICO CORPORATE SERVICES LIMITED. The Registrar to this issue is BIGSHARE SERVICES PRIVATE LIMITED.
LIC IPO Dates / Launch Date
The opening and the closing date of LIC IPO is not known yet.
LIC IPO Subscription
|Day / Date||QIB||NII||RII||Total Subscription|
|1st Day –|
|2nd Day –|
|3rd Day –|
|4th Day –|
|Shares Offered or Net Issue|
The shares subscribed by the public will be updated here.
LIC IPO Allotment Status
Here, you can find the Allotment Status of this IPO. Allotment of Equity Shares pursuant to the Fresh Issue and transfer of the Offered Shares of the Promoter Selling Shareholders pursuant to the Offer for Sale to the successful Bidders. However, the Allotment status is not yet disclosed.
LIC IPO Listing Date
Find the dates below on basis of allotment, refund, listing and more:
|Basis of Allotment Finalization||–|
|Credit of Shares to Demat Account||–|
|Share Listing Date||–|
LIC IPO Price Band / Cash Price
The face value of each share is Rs.[●], and the cash price of the IPO is [●].
LIC IPO Size
This Initial Public Issue of [●] Equity Shares of Rs.[●]each for cash at a price of Rs.[●] per equity share aggregating to Rs.[●] Lakhs.
LIC IPO Share Offering
Fresh Issue: The Fresh Issue of [●] Equity Shares by their Company of Rs.10 each at a price of [●] per equity share aggregating to Rs.[●] lakh,
Net Offer: The Net Offer of up to [●] Equity Shares of Rs.10 each at price of Rs.[●] per Equity Shares aggregating to Rs.[●] lakhs
Offer for Sale: Offer for sale consists of Up to [●] Equity Shares of face value of Rs.[●] each for cash at a price of Rs.[●] per Equity Share aggregating Rs.[●] lakhs.
LIC / Life Insurance Corporation of India- Company Overview
LIC continues to be the dominant life insurer even in the liberalized scenario of Indian insurance and is moving fast on a new growth trajectory surpassing its own past records. LIC has issued over one crore policies during the current year. It has crossed the milestone of issuing 1,01,32,955 new policies by 15th Oct, 2005, posting a healthy growth rate of 16.67% over the corresponding period of the previous year.
From then to now, LIC has crossed many milestones and has set unprecedented performance records in various aspects of life insurance business. The same motives which inspired our forefathers to bring insurance into existence in this country inspire us at LIC to take this message of protection to light the lamps of security in as many homes as possible and to help the people in providing security to their families.
LIC Notable Pressence
LIC had 5 zonal offices, 33 divisional offices and 212 branch offices, apart from its corporate office in the year 1956. Since life insurance contracts are long term contracts and during the currency of the policy it requires a variety of services need was felt in the later years to expand the operations and place a branch office at each district headquarter. Re-organization of LIC took place and large numbers of new branch offices were opened.
As a result of re-organisation servicing functions were transferred to the branches, and branches were made accounting units. It worked wonders with the performance of the corporation.
It may be seen that from about 200.00 crores of New Business in 1957 the corporation crossed 1000.00 crores only in the year 1969-70, and it took another 10 years for LIC to cross 2000.00 crore mark of new business. But with re-organisation happening in the early eighties, by 1985-86 LIC had already crossed 7000.00 crore Sum Assured on new policies.
LIC – Objective
- Spread Life Insurance widely and in particular to the rural areas and to the socially and economically backward classes with a view to reaching all insurable persons in the country and providing them adequate financial cover against death at a reasonable cost.
- Maximize mobilization of people’s savings by making insurance-linked savings adequately attractive.
- Bear in mind, in the investment of funds, the primary obligation to its policyholders, whose money it holds in trust, without losing sight of the interest of the community as a whole; the funds to be deployed to the best advantage of the investors as well as the community as a whole, keeping in view national priorities and obligations of attractive return.
- Conduct business with utmost economy and with the full realization that the moneys belong to the policyholders.
- Act as trustees of the insured public in their individual and collective capacities.
- Meet the various life insurance needs of the community that would arise in the changing social and economic environment.
- Involve all people working in the Corporation to the best of their capability in furthering the interests of the insured public by providing efficient service with courtesy.
- Promote amongst all agents and employees of the Corporation a sense of participation, pride and job satisfaction through discharge of their duties with dedication towards achievement of Corporate Objective.
LIC – Financial Statements
On the basis of Standalone statement:
|Amount (in INR & Lakhs)|
|Profit After Tax|
Earnings per Equity Share (in Lakhs)
|Amount (in INR & Lakhs)|
|Basic & Diluted|
LIC IPO – Promoters
The Promoter of this company is:
- Life Insurance Corporation of India
LIC IPO Offer Details or Issue Details
|Particulars||No. Of Equity Shares|
|Equity Shares Offered|
|Offer for Sale|
|Market Maker Reservation Portion|
|Net Offer to Public|
|Equity Shares outstanding prior to the Issue|
|Equity Shares outstanding after the Issue|
LIC IPO Issue Object
These are the IPO Issue Objects of the company-
- To meet the Working Capital Requirements
- General Corporate Purposes
LIC IPO – Basis of the Offer Price
The Offer Price has been determined by their Company and the Selling Shareholder in consultation with the Lead Managers on the basis of the key business strengths.
LIC IPO – Quantitative Factors
|Basic & Diluted EPS||RONW in %||NAV (Rs.)|
- Price to Earnings (P/E) ratio in relation to Price band of Rs.[●] of Rs.[●] per each
LIC Limited: Competitive Peers
|Face Value (Rs.)||P/E||EPS (Rs.)||Return on Net Worth (%)||NAV per share (Rs.)|
|JMC Projects (India) Ltd|
|Prestige Estates Projects Ltd|
LIC IPO Lead Managers
LIC IPO Registrar to Offer
|Registrar to the Offer|
- Statutory Auditor – [●]
- Legal Counsel to the Company – [●]
- Bankers to the Company – [●]
LIC IPO Review by Top 10 Stock Brokers
|Top Stock Brokers Review||Company Reputation||Competitive Edge||Financial Statement||Popularity Index||Promoters Reputation|
LIC IPO Grey Market Premium
The LIC IPO Grey Market Premium price is Rs X, the Kostak rate is Rs X and the Subject to Sauda is X.
Subscribe to LIC IPO
LIC IPO News
News 1 – LIC IPO [Download DRHP Prospectus]
|What is IPO?|
|Best Discount Broker in India|
|Top 10 Sub Broker Partner in India|
|Best Stock Broker in India|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Best Demat Account|
|Best Full Service Broker in India|
|Best Intraday Trading Brokers in India|