Motilal Oswal Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
Motilal Oswal Trading facilities are highly sought after by investors and traders and in this article, we will discuss the various aspects of Motilal Oswal Online Trading.
The article that you are going to read below, will cover details about the charges that the firm levies on the different range of products it offers and we will also analyze those charges with market average charges for the same segments.
Then, we will cover the benefits and features using the trading facilities of Motilal Oswal. We will also guide you about the procedure of starting online trading with Motilal Oswal and different things that you need to take care of.
Apart from these, the article will also have details of trading platforms offered by the firm and thus, you can have a complete idea about the firm in this single page. Let us start with the features and advantages of Motilal Oswal Online Trading.
Motilal Oswal Trading and Benefits
Here, we will see what makes Motilal Oswal Trading services so popular amongst the investors in India:
- Thirty years and above journey in the industry, you get to trade with some of the best minds in the business and these thirty years also portray the reliability of the firm.
- Motilal Oswal Online Trading facilities are available in all the investment segments, be it equities or derivatives, or IPO investments, bonds or mutual funds and even they have their insurance products as well. You can get every possible investment product for your portfolio under one roof.
- Even being one of the top players in the market, the firm has kept its brokerage charges very low and it really helps the daily traders to see a profit. They have different brokerage plans for the investors and traders depending on the amount they want to invest in the market and keep as margin money.
- There are bank tie-ups with over 60 banks in the country and thus, your funds can be transferred without any hassle.
- You get the best trading software in the market and that too for no cost involved. They have a range of trading platforms which they offer to the traders and the investors to make their trading experiences fruitful and easy.
- The firm has the research and advisory department which works hard for traders and investors. They provide ample resources for your investments ranging from the company reports, annual reports, daily, monthly and weekly market reviews apart from the daily tips for intraday trading and many other facilities.
- They provide great customer service as well. The Company is professional and experienced in handling customer’s issues related to online trading.
- They have Portfolio management services as well.
Open Trading Account with Motilal Oswal – Fill up the Form Now!
Motilal Oswal Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.|
Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 150 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 60 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 50 per request + Rs 50 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 35 or 0.02% (whichever is higher) per ISIN request|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
Motilal Oswal Trading Charges are around average charges as per the market and that we are now going to discuss in the segments below.
Before starting with the individual brokerage charges for the investment categories, let us first see the mandatory charges that you need to pay when you trade using Motilal Oswal platform.
- STT is levied at 0.0126% on the total turnover and it is decided by the government
- SEBI Turnover Charges are levied by SEBI itself and decided by them and the percentage charged on total turnover is 0.0005%.
- The transaction charges are also decided by the SEBI and it is a little different for each of the brokers and for Motilal Oswal it is 0.00335% which a trader has to pay on total transaction value.
- Stamp Duty is fixed by State government and it is levied as per the state from where you are trading. It is one of the most nominal charges so it won’t affect your trading cost much.
- The GST charges are levied on the total amount of brokerage of a transaction and its transaction charges and the rate being 18%.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
Motilal Oswal Delivery Trading
|Motilal Oswal Delivery Charges|
Motilal Oswal Delivery Trading facility is available at a rate of 0.5%. So, it means when you do not square off your transaction on the day of making the transaction, you need to pay a brokerage of 0.5% of the transaction value.
The charge is the average one in the market and most of the well-known brokerage houses charge the same.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading
|Motilal Oswal Intraday Charges|
For Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading, the charge is 0.05%. Here you can say the rate is a little higher than the average you see in the market. Intraday trading is a game of bulk trading that might get little affected because of the higher rate.
Motilal Oswal Option Trading
|Motilal Oswal Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.100 per Lot|
When it comes to Motilal Oswal Option Trading, it charges the traders fairly. The charge for the equity options is Rs.100 per lot which is around the average rate in the market.
Motilal Oswal Futures Trading
|Motilal Oswal Futures Charges|
Motilal Oswal Futures Trading can be done at a price of 0.05% of the transaction value. It is a little higher than the average charges for future trading in the market.
Motilal Oswal Currency Trading
|Motilal Oswal Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per Lot|
|Currency Futures||Rs.20 per Lot|
For Motilal Oswal Currency Trading you need to pay Rs.20 per lot for the currency options segment while you have to pay Rs.20 per lot for the currency futures segment. Both charges are around the average charges in the market at present.
Motilal Oswal Commodity Trading
|Motilal Oswal Commodity Charges|
The Motilal Oswal Commodity Trading facility is available for the traders at 0.05% of the transaction amount. It is also little above the average rate for commodity trading you will see in the market.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Motilal Oswal Online Trading Process
For starting Motilal Oswal Online Trading you need to:
Open Demat Account
- Open Motilal Oswal Demat account and trading account by clicking on this button. On this webpage where it is mentioned “Open Demat Account” click there.
- A form will pop up and you need to fill the same. It is the Demat application form that appears on the screen of your desktop and once you fill it then you need to submit it.
- After submission, company representatives will call you up and direct you to fulfill the KYC requirements. You have to upload the documents that are required for the verification process
- After your application is approved and the documents are verified, you will be receiving the login credentials on the email id that you have registered.
Login and Setup
- Log on to the Motilal Oswal website. Use the same user id and the password that you have received in the mail.
- Check for the trading terminal, online trading site on the website
- The mobile application can be downloaded from the APPLE or Google Playstore.
- Create the watchlist of stocks that you want to track and trade.
- Select the stocks you want to add, and then click on the add button
- After creating the watch list you can start trading
- Select the scrip that you want to trade.
- Details of the stocks which you have selected will be displayed on the screen – current price, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen
- You will find BUY, SELL, Modify, and other options
- Select from either buy or sell options to place the trade.
Motilal Oswal Online Trading Platforms
There are multiple Motilal Oswal Online Trading Platforms. It doesn’t restrict its trading platforms to the three basic platforms that we normally see in the market. So, let us now check the different platforms that it offers.
- Motilal Oswal Desktop Application is a highly responsive trading terminal that executes your trades within a blink of an eye. It has auto-refresh technology that refreshes and shows you the real-time data and the refresh time is 1 second. It has a huge collection of research data and information for making your trades safe and sound. You get different trading ideas on this platform and access to thirty thousand research reports.
- Motilal Oswal App is a multi-asset trading application that allows you to make multiple watchlists for different asset categories. Real-time data is available with lot of technical and analytical tools and it is safe and secure for trading and fund transfer.
- Motilal Oswal Smart Watch App is a unique platform for trading offered by the firm which is rare to see in the market at present. It is highly advanced technology where you get a SmartWatch to wear on your hand and you can trade using the same. It has all the information on the global indices, you can check your portfolio on this, updates and other details.
- The web-browser based platform is the Motilal Oswal Trade which is a traditional trading platform having all the basic features ranging from the simple orders, different information about the market and other features.
- Also, the company offers ready-made investment plans featuring rich investment products in just one click. With investment ready portfolios, you get personalised advice along with robo advisory with no locking period as well.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Motilal Oswal Trading – Conclusion
Motilal Oswal is a huge name in the stock market industry. There is a great repute of this firm in the market for providing excellent services and a wide range of products to the customers and maintaining great customer relationships.
The firm was incorporated in the year 1987 which makes it a three-decade-old stock brokerage house, and this huge experience helps the traders and investors in different ways.
The firm provides a broad range of products and services including IPO, commodities, mutual funds, GOI bonds and regular investment instruments like equities and currencies and derivatives.
With Motilal Oswal Online Trading you can really experience the true meaning of online trading especially when you get to trade just by using your SmartWatch. The experience of the broker counts a lot for the investors and that is the case with Motilal Oswal.
The feature mentioned above truly makes it’s a great brokerage firm and the charges being reasonable make it more beneficial for the investors.
Motilal Oswal Trading FAQs
Ques – Do Motilal Oswal provide Online Trading?
Answer – Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide online trading. Motilal Oswal Trading facilities are highly sought after by investors and traders. The company provides the most advanced platforms for online trading to its clients and offers benefits and facilities to make the process easier and profitable for traders.
Ques – What are the Charges in Motilal Oswal?
Answer – Apart from the brokerage charge that is different for each segment, there are the Transaction Charges worth 0.00335% and STT worth 0.0126% of the total turnover, 0.0005% of total transaction amount as SEBI charges, stamp duty charges as per state and GST worth 18% of sum of brokerage and transaction charges.
Ques – Do Motilal Oswal provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide delivery trading. In delivery trades, the stocks you buy are added to your demat account. They remain in your possession until you decide to sell them, which can be in days, weeks, months or years. Traders have complete ownership of their stocks for as long as they want.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at Motilal Oswal?
Answer – No, delivery trading is not free at Motilal Oswal. Motilal Oswal Delivery Trading facility is available at a rate of 0.5%. So, it means when you do not square off your transaction on the day of making the transaction, you need to pay a brokerage of 0.5% of the transaction value.
Ques – Do Motilal Oswal provide Option Trading?
Answer – Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide option trading. Options are conditional derivative contracts that allow buyers of the contracts (option holders) to buy or sell a security at a chosen price. Buying and selling options are done on the options market, which trades contracts based on securities.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at Motilal Oswal?
Answer – When it comes to Motilal Oswal Option Trading, it charges the traders fairly. The charge for the equity options is Rs.100 per lot which is around the average rate in the market. Trading options can be a smart way to take advantage of profitable situations, but you have to be careful to watch bid-ask spreads.
Ques – Do Motilal Oswal provide Futures Trading?
Answer – Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide futures trading. A futures contract is a standardized legal agreement to buy or sell something at a predetermined price at a specified time in the future, between parties not known to each other. The asset transacted is usually a commodity or financial instrument.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at Motilal Oswal?
Answer – Motilal Oswal Futures Trading can be done at a price of 0.05% of the transaction value. It is a little higher than the average charges for future trading in the market. However, the company provides the best of facilities and benefits to the clients while carrying out futures trading.
Ques – Is Motilal Oswal safe for trading?
Answer – Yes, Motilal Oswal is completely safe for trading. With more than 30 years in the industry, the company boasts of reliability and security. They provide great customer service as well. The company is professional and experienced in handling customer’s issues related to online trading.
Ques – Do Motilal Oswal provide Trading Tips?
Answer – Yes, the firm has the research and advisory department which works hard for traders and investors. They provide ample resources for your investments ranging from the company reports, annual reports, daily, monthly and weekly market reviews apart from the daily tips for trading and many other facilities.
Open Trading Account with Motilal Oswal – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles