Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading – Benefits, Process, Charges, Margin & moreLast Updated Date: Nov 17, 2022
Motilal Oswal needs no introduction as it is one of the biggest stock brokerage houses in the country.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading is one of the most popular intraday trading services that is opted by millions of investors and traders.
It is three decades old, successfully running an investment and financial service business that has been a part of many investors’ lives. Lakhs of traders use the Motilal Oswal Intraday facility on a daily basis.
Motilal Oswal provides a variety of investment options for intraday trading, and it has very advanced trading platforms for making your intraday trades easy to process and profitable.
The firm has various verticals of investment services, including research and services that assist in trading intraday, advisory services, investment banking, wealth management, institutional broking, and many others.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading & Benefits
For intraday trading, certain factors must be kept in mind while choosing the brokerage house. Motilal Oswal covers most of these facilities in its ambit and its makes Motilal Oswal, one of the Best Platform for Intraday Trading.
Let us see whether Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading services include all those factors or not:
- Motilal Oswal has all kinds of investment options, and you can trade any or all of them daily, depending on your investment goal and budget. It also has IPO investment facilities, apart from the regular equity and derivatives investment.
- It offers discounted schemes of brokerage, which helps the daily bulk traders to trade without getting a pinch on their pockets. There are multiple brokerage plans to suit the investment planning of different traders.
- Motilal Oswal allows you to link your Demat and Trading to around 40+ banks. You can link it with most of the nationalized and various private sector banks and transfer funds for trading easily.
- Traders require placing orders swiftly to make profits; Motilal Oswal Intraday Tips are provided by the advisory and research team of the firm. They provide various market reviews, stock reviews, and research reports from time to time.
- You can trade products across different exchanges with Motilal Oswal. It has an association with BSE, NCDEX, NSE, MSEI, and others. So you can trade equities, commodities, and derivatives simultaneously.
- Motilal Oswal has Orion, which is regarded as one of the most powerful trading terminals in the country.
- The brokerage charges of Motilal Oswal are average as per the market and it provides a high level of leverage for the intraday segment.
- It provides a simple account opening facility which can be accessed online with a few simple steps.
- Conclusion: there are customer care executives and a team who are professional and experienced in handling the customers’ queries with ease.
- The firm also provides Risk Management services.
- Motilal Oswal Review encompasses all the facets of this stockbroking company that you will need to know before trading with it.
Open Motilal Oswal Trading Account Now! – Fill up the Form
How to do Intraday Trading in Motilal Oswal?
The process of starting Intraday Trading in Motilal Oswal is simple. You need to:
Open Account with Motilal Oswal
- Click on the green button of the page, and you will see a form opening on your screen where you have to make the application for Demat and trading account with Motilal Oswal.
- You have to submit documents for KYC and give all the details thereby asked.
- Refer to some of the articles we constructed for the procedure in dept.
Login To Demat and Trading Account and Set up
- You will receive a login id and password after opening the account. Use the same to log in to the Demat account and trading account that you have downloaded and installed on your computer or mobile device.
- After logging in, you must create a market watch list on the trading platforms. Add the stocks you want to track and trade.
- Intraday trading requires experience in the market and thorough knowledge of it. You need to understand the market and the stock movements and price trends.
- You can use the technical analysis tools for charting, analyzing and understanding the price movements.
Select the stock you wish to trade, click on the buy/sell option and then check in the intraday or Day trade option, which is an essential part of the process.
Similar Intraday Trading you may also Like
- HDFC Securities Intraday Trading
- ICICI Direct Intraday Trading
- Axis Direct Intraday Trading
- SBI Cap Securities Intraday Trading
- Kotak Securities Intraday Trading
Motilal Oswal Intraday Charges
Motilal Oswal Intraday Charges are levied on the amount of transaction you have processed. The firm charges 0.02% of the amount as brokerage.
|Motilal Oswal Intraday Charges|
|Intraday Brokerage Charge||0.02%|
|Intraday Brokerage Calculator||Motilal Oswal Brokerage Calculator|
Motilal Oswal Intraday Brokerage charges are on the higher side, as other firms in the market have lower brokerage rates for the intraday segment.
However, if you compare the range of products and services of Motilal Oswal and the reliability factor, this brokerage charge is more or less justified. The traders need to pay certain other charges apart from the brokerage charges.
The other charges include 18% GST on the brokerage and transaction charges. The transaction charges are levied on the number of transactions.
Then there are three mandatory charges: SEBI Turnover charges, STT, and Stamp duty.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Margin
For intraday traders, the higher the leverage, the more opportunity he gets in the market and the profit-making capacity also increases.
|Motilal Oswal Intraday Exposure|
|Intraday Margin Funding||Upto 5x|
|Intraday Margin Calculator||Motilal Oswal Margin Calculator|
The Motilal Oswal Intraday Margin is 5 times high compared to other stock brokerage houses in the market. Motilal Oswal Intraday Limits are enough for the traders who keep a good amount of margin money in their trading accounts.
If you have Rs.10000 in your trading account as the margin money, you can trade worth Rs.10000*5 = Rs.50000.
Motilal Oswal Trading – Types
The company’s Trading facility for the intraday segment is present on all the trading platforms it provides.
Motilal Oswal Online Trading is available on the mobile device and the trading terminal, and the browser-based platform is also available.
You can check your portfolio and trade daily from the mobile application, which is known as MO Investor Mobile Trading App if you are away from your trading terminal.
There are other ways to trade as well. Motilal Oswal provides call and trade options for daily traders. So, you can call the Call & Trade desk and tell them the share you want to buy or sell, the quantity, and the price. They will process your order.
However, for intraday trading, the best platform is a trading terminal. It provides speed and you can buy and sell whenever the price is perfect as per your requirement.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading – Conclusion
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading services are sought after by more than ten lakhs of clients and their huge network helps the traders trade from different parts of the country.
The exception trading platforms leave no stone unturned to make your intraday trades successful.
It has an abundance of trading and investment features, starting from a very responsive user interface; there are various charting tools that are mandatory for technical use.
Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Motilal Oswal Intraday trading:
Is Intraday Trading safe in Motilal Oswal?
Yes, intraday trading is completely safe at Motilal Oswal. Motilal Oswal Intraday Trading is one of the most popular intraday trading services that is opted by millions of investors and traders. It is a three-decade, successfully running investment and financial service business that has helped many traders.
What is Intraday Exposure at Motilal Oswal?
For intraday traders, the higher the exposure, the more opportunity they get in the market, and the profit-making capacity also increases. The Motilal Oswal Intraday Exposure is five times high compared to other stock brokerage houses.
What are Intraday Charges in Motilal Oswal?
0.02% of brokerage charges are levied. The other charges include 18% GST on the brokerage and transaction charges. The transaction charges are levied on the number of transactions. Then there are three mandatory charges: SEBI Turnover charges, STT, and Stamp duty.
How to do Day Trading in Motilal Oswal?
Open an account with Motilal Oswal by filling out the form and submitting KYC documents. Login to the Demat account, create a market watch list and add the stocks you wish to track and trade in. Select a stock, click on the buy/sell option and check the intraday trade option to start trading.
Does Motilal Oswal provide Day Trading?
Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide day trading. Lakhs of traders use the Motilal Oswal Intraday facility daily. With expertise and knowledge, they offer a mix of affordability, profitability, and ease to traders to carry out intraday trading.
Is Intraday Trading Free in Motilal Oswal?
No, intraday trading is not free in Motilal Oswal. While Motilal Oswal Intraday Brokerage charges are slightly higher, if one compares the range of products and services of Motilal Oswal and the reliability factor, the charges are fully justified.
Does Motilal Oswal have an App for Intraday?
Yes, Motilal Oswal does have an app for intraday trading, known as the MO Investor Mobile Trading Application. You can check your portfolio and trade daily from the mobile application if you are away from your trading terminal and still trade on the go.
Is Intraday Profitable at Motilal Oswal?
Yes, intraday trading at Motilal Oswal is profitable. Motilal Oswal provides various investment options for intraday trading, and it has very advanced trading platforms. Expert recommendations for making your intraday trades easy to process and profitable.
Does Motilal Oswal provide Intraday Tips?
Yes, Motilal Oswal does provide intraday tips. Motilal Oswal Intraday Tips are provided by the advisory and research team of the firm. They provide various market reviews, stock reviews, and research reports from time to time to help traders make decisions.
What does Motilal Oswal Intraday mean?
Intraday trading is a form of trading in which clients are expected to buy and sell shares within the same day. This form of trading is usually opted for by experienced traders. Motilal Oswal, a popular stock brokerage house globally, offers facilities and expertise to help clients carry out intraday trading.
Can we do intraday trading in Motilal Oswal?
Traders can easily trade-in intraday orders with Motilal Oswal. You will need a Demat and Trading account with Motilal Oswal to access all the tools and features of the MO Investor Mobile Trading Application. Apply from the account opening from the Motilal Oswal website, fill in the details, and support your application with necessary documents.
Motilal Oswal will verify your application, and post verification, account opening details along with Account ID and password will be intimated to you.
What are intraday charges in Motilal Oswal?
Motilal Oswal is majorly known for its impressive margin on intraday trading, tailor-made investment plans, real-time monitoring, and other rich features. Motilal has a commendable track record of happy customers and has become a common choice for trading.
They charges 0.02% of the trade value for every complete Order as the brokerage fees.
How do you intraday in Motilal Oswal app?
Motilal Oswal is a full-service stockbroker which offers a convenient trading experience through the mobile application. The entity offers various securities to invest including – equity, commodity, currency, and derivatives.
The Motilal Oswal app is a simple mobile trading platform to trade intraday.
- Open the mobile app and log in with your ID and password.
- Choose ‘Trade’ from the menu.
- Click on the ‘Buy-Sell’ button.
- Now, search for the stock you want to buy; after searching the stock, select the exchange.
- Now, click on the ‘Order’ button, and it will redirect you to a new page.
- Here, you will have to enter the quantity, price, and Order type to place the Order.
- From the ‘Send’ button, your trade order will execute.
What is normal Order in Motilal Oswal?
Normal Order, also known as NRLM. Here, the trader takes the delivery of a stock with the aim of holding it for more than one trading day. You can also say it is carrying forward the stock position in the Demat account.
Is Motilal Oswal safe for online trading?
Motilal Oswal is an old and reliable entity offering its services in the form of a full-service stockbroker. It is also an excellent choice for beginners as it provides research and advisory services to customers. The research will help customers to call up the worthy trades.
Is Motilal Oswal a full-service broker?
Yes, Motilal Oswal is a full-service stockbroker. It is an Indian entity registered with SEBI as a Portfolio Manager. Motilal Oswal has over 22 lakh customers and is very widespread across the country.
What is the available limit in Motilal Oswal?
Motilal Oswal offers high margin exposure limits to its customers. It offers:
- The margin of 100% of trade value for Equity Delivery.
- Margin of up to 20% of trade value for Equity Intraday.
- The margin of 100% of NRML margin for Equity F&O, Currency F&O, and Commodity F&O.
What is margin plus in Motilal Oswal?
ValuePlus is an intraday segment product offered by Motilal Oswal to its customers. It offers a feature for intraday order placement that allows you to take a position for selected liquid commodities, negating the position’s risk of not getting closed.
Is Motilal Oswal a free Demat account?
Motilal Oswal offers an online Demat Account opening. It is a paperless process, and the entity does not charge for account opening.
Motilal Oswal has waived off Annual Maintenance charges (AMC) for its customers for the first year. It charges Rs. 400 from the second year.
Which is best, Motilal Oswal or Angel Broking?
Motilal Oswal and Angel One started operations around the same time only. Motilal Oswal is a full-service stockbroker, whereas Angel One is a discount broker.
They have 305 branches, and Angel One has 900 branches spread across a larger area comparatively. Both the entities offer free Demat and Trading account opening.