Paytm Money Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat a/c, Platforms & more
Paytm Money is a stock broking & mutual fund distribution of Paytm. The company has recently launched its broking wing & will provide discount broking facilities to its customers.
In this article, we will dig deep into Paytm Money review, its brokerage charges, demat account opening fees, offers, trading platforms & more.
Paytm Money Customer Ratings
|Products & Services||2.8/5|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||3.4/5|
|Stock Research & Advisory||2.5/5|
|Total Client Reviews||315|
About Paytm Money Securities
|Broker Type||Discount Broker|
|Founder||Vijay Shekhar Sharma|
Paytm money securities are a publicly held financial company as a discount broker. It was established by Pravin Jadhav.
On 2017, the capital market regulator Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) has approved the launch of it’s as Stock Broking. BSE and the National Stock Exchange had issued them broker membership.
Paytm Money securities provide new offers on its platform, along with stock and cash trading, derivatives, ETFs and other traded exchange products.
The company is based out of Bengaluru, India, is an Indian e – commerce payment system and digital wallet company.
They 190 + Banks supported auto – payment with physical mandates.
Get a Call back from Paytm Money
Paytm Money Brokerage Charges & Fees
In the below table Brokerage charges for trading are discussed –
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Equity Intraday||Lower of 0.05% or Rs 10 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 10 per executed order|
|Minimum Brokerage||0.02% or Rs.10 per order (whichever is lower)|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.0 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Brokerage Calculator||Paytm Money Brokerage Calculator|
Paytm Money delivers one of the India’s lowest demat trading account. In reality, for all of the finance purpose, they are the agents to scrap the brokerage fee.
Here, it is described in detail the charges of Paytm Money brokerage such as Delivery, Intraday, Derivatives (F&O), Currency and Commodities.
- Delivery segments allow to the transactions you are brokering shares today on another day. Paytm Money charges no fee for these kinds of trades in which you don’t purchase and sell on the same day.
- Trading intraday pertains to online trade in which on the same trading day you buy and sell shares. Depending on the number of shares / trade value, the maximum commission you pay is limited to Rs 10/trade.
- Brokerage fees for the segment Futures are the same as those for the segment Intraday.
- The options brokerage is quite appealing. They charge Flat Rs.10/trade regardless of lots.
- For trading with Paytm money, a marginal amount of zero can be maintained.
Find Brokerage Charges of other Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|Axis Direct||ICICI Direct||Karvy||Upstox|
Compare Stock Brokers
Paytm Money Other Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 250 per 100 shares + Depository charges|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 10 per ISIN|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 10 per ISIN|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 10 per ISIN|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 10 per ISIN|
They charge transactions and their main source of revenue. Here the comprehensive review of other charges is mentioned.
- Taxes must be paid as recommended by the government.
- The slabs STT and Turnover are small.
- In India, monetary trading is only permitted against INR. Cross currency such as USD – GBP is not permitted. In the currency segment, there is no Security Transaction Taxes (STT).
- These charges are the very negligible amount so it does not affect profit or loss of trading.
Paytm Money Demat Account Opening Charges
|Account Opening Fees|
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 200|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
The account opening charges by Paytm Money Securities are –
- Paytm Money charges account opening fees of Rs.200
- Demat AMC is Rs.0 per annum ut Trading AMC is free
- The broking house requires Zero margin & depository service used are both CDSL & NSDL
Paytm Money Offers
|Free Demat Account||Yes|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
Paytm money offers many attractive proposals for customer’s benefits. This is meant for the customer to impart for the long term.
- They provide a trading account of free charges.
- They provide flat brokerage which is at discounted rate
- Any individual can associate with paytm money via referral program. They get a bonus on every referral in the form of a fixed amount or percentage of trading.
To know about offers of other stock brokers check below
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||Geojit Finance|
How to Open Demat Account with Paytm Money?
To open a trading account with Paytm money securities you have to follow below steps.
- Fill up the form by clicking on green “Open Demat Account” button
- You will receive a call from Paytm executive & they will send a link in your Mobile No. & Email
- Just click the link in email or sms & follow the KYC process.
- You have to upload few documents for verification pusposes like PAN, Aadhaar etc.
- All your documents will be verified
- Within 1 day your account will be opened & you will receive client id & password.
Why open Paytm Money Trading Account?
The various reasons to open Paytm Money trading account are –
- Practical investment payment options Experience seamless investments with automated 1-tap payments
- Net banking supported by all banks in the country.
- Paytm money is 190 + Banks supported auto – payment with physical mandates.
- Extremely low brokerage i.e. flat Rs.20
- Demat Account with the broking house gets opened in ust 1 day
- Smooth Mobile Trading App & Web trading platform
Paytm Money Products & Services
Lets have a detailed understanding of their products & services –
Products Offered by Paytm Money
- Paytm money provides a range of financial product for their customers.
- They provide product for trading in equity, derivative and commodity.
- Trading in currency is available.
- They make available banking option for customers.
- Customers can invest in mutual fund and SIP.
Paytm Money Services
|3 in 1 Acount||Yes|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 6x|
Paytm provide various range of services to the customer.
- They provide all services for Demat and trading account.
- 3 in 1 account service are offered.
- Intraday and IPO service to customers are offered.
- They provide one of the highest marginal amounts of 6 times of investment.
Open Demat Account with Paytm Money
Paytm Money Research & Advisory
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||Yes|
|Free Stock Tips||Yes|
|Daily Market Review||No|
Paytm doesn’t have a big research team. There research is mainly limited to few important things like –
- Paytm money as they are new comer as security broker, they do not provide extensive research and advisory as compare to other stock brokers.
- They provide stock trading tips for every segment for free of cost.
- Paytm money provides offline advisory to customers. Customers are provided with a representative, so they can contact any time offline.
- They are on process to provide very soon report like the fundamental, company, research for annually, daily and monthly basis.
Paytm Money Exposure/ Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Delivery||1x (no margin)|
|Equity Intraday||Up to 6x (based on the stock)|
|Equity Futures||Intraday – 1.3x, Carry forward – 1x of NRML margin (Span + Exposure)|
|Equity Options||Intraday – 1.3x, Carry forward – 1x of NRML margin (Span + Exposure)|
|Margin Calculator||Paytm Money Margin Calculator|
Based on the segment traded, they offer its customers with the following margin values:
We would like to mention here that exposure is a risky concept. Only if you know how it works what its effects are, it would be our recommendation not to use it in addition to your investment.
- You will be more secure and comfortable when using it once you get an understanding of how things are going.
- They give the highest marginal up to 6x which is high compared to other discount brokers.
- For delivery, they provide 4 times of margin for trading.
Find Exposure or Margin of other Stock Brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||Groww||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||5Paisa||Reliance Securities|
Paytm Money Trading Platforms
Paytm Money provides all types of Trading Platforms to its clients. They have trading termimal, they have web browser & they also have Paytm Money App.
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||Yes|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||No|
Paytm Money Trading Terminal – Paytm Money Trader
Trader Terminal is one of India’s seasoned trading applications. It provides a wide variety of information, analysis, market trends, and related levels features.
Let’s look at some of the characteristics quickly:
- Live Market Data, Streaming Quotes. The application gives the best 5 bid/ask and open interest quotations to view the market depth.
- You can follow up Daily Price Range (DPR) and Average Traded Price (ATP) before proceeding with the call or not. Single-click ordering usability with short-cut key. Similarly, it is also possible to use shortcut keys to access other features.
- Comes with 2-level verification for enhanced security provision to add multiple market watch lists to allow users to view pre – selected scripts information. Clients can view data such as Last Traded Price, best bid rate, total volume, best offer rate, etc.
- To your technical or fundamental evaluation – multiple forms of charts are loaded on the trader terminal such as Candlestick, Line, OHLC.
- Consumers can see graphs with patterns in the duration of 1 month, 3 months, 6 months, 1 year, 2 years and 5 years and so on.
- In addition, the analysis includes 14 various technical trading price and volume indicators.
- Online funds money transfer with almost all banks such as ICICI, HDFC, SBI, UTI, Yes Bank, Axis, etc available.
Paytm Money Mobile App – Paytm Money Trading Features
Some features of Paytm Money Trading App are –
- Trade across different platforms on Android and iOS.
- Trade in Equity, Derivatives, Commodity and Currency on single platform.
- Start purchasing stocks with the implementation of the eSign facility.
- A well-organized Portfolio that lets you keep a track of your positions and holdings effectively. You can view them as per your convenience using the sort options. View Average Price, and Overall Profit and Loss of your Positions and Holdings, among others.
- Maintain a record of the LTP and Change & Change Percentage to LTP of scrip that you are interested in by adding them to the WatchList.
- You can create up to five different WatchLists with 20 scrips in each, which is easy to get to both on Web and on the Mobile App.
Paytm Money Mobile App – Mutual Fund Investment Features
Features of Paytm Money Web Trading Platform are –
- Individual can open your ‘Paytm Money investment’ account online by use of your Paytm registered mail id or mobile phone number.
- They provide Up to 1 percent higher returns with Mutual Fund Schemes Direct Plans.
- Put the money by investing in 35 mutual fund firms in India’s mutual fund schemes.
- They provide opportunity of no commissions or charges for the purchase and sale of mutual fund projects.
- With full digital KYC, one can open investment account online within 30 minutes.
- Assist to update on the app with real-time investments, track them all day long.
- Set up auto pay – a onetime authorization to computerize investment in SIP & Lump sum mode.
- Earn interest by 3.5 percent p.a. more than savings bank interest. Smartly manage your money, invest in funds for insta-redemption (liquid) and enjoy easy withdrawal without penalty.
- Investing in equity-related savings schemes (ELSS) to save tax and earn higher returns than other tax-saving options such as PPF, fixed deposits, associated plans for insurance, etc.
- One can invest in any kind of mutual funds to attain short-term and long-term goals.
Paytm Money Customer Support
|Toll Free Number||No|
The number of ways of connectivity is wide, but the reliability of customer service is quite ordinary.
There is no doubt that the discount broker can work in different service areas such as turnaround time, messaging quality, executive skill set, holding time and the final quality of customer queries.
Their customer support team assists in offline and online trading. The support team support by email and chat.
A lot of customers complained about not supporting 24*7 and not providing Toll Free Number.
Paytm Money Complaints (Current Year)
|Complaints (Last Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||0|
|Resolved in BSE||0|
|Lodged in NSE||0|
|Resolved in NSE||0|
|Percentage of No. of Complaints Received Against Number of Active Clients||0.00%|
Paytm money is very new in stock broking business. Therefore no complaints lodged in NSE and BSE.
Paytm Money Disadvantages
Various cons of Paytm Money Securities is provided below –
- They do not help in advising in which fund should invest in. Their recommendation is very weak.
- There are so many glitches in their Android application that we can read the reviews from the Google Play Store.
- If you skipped your SIP, there is no option.
- They did not provide any customer care number.
- Mostly public have invested their capital through their app and many time face issue in login.
- The portfolio is not regularly updated.
Paytm Money Conclusion
Paytm money is inching closer towards becoming as they lined out a full – stack wealth management platform, in line with our outlook and purpose of bringing possibilities for wealth accumulation to millions of Indians.
The stock broker has established its investment operations team in the fields of trade, payment, depository, risk, finance, reserve, and others.
If we compare Paytm money brokerage charges with other full-service brokers like Sharekhan, ICICI Direct, and Angel Broking, etc., it’s nearly 80-90% lower. It is very competent even in the category of discount brokers.
Paytm Money Review FAQs
Ques – Is Paytm Money safe for trading?
Answer – Though this stock broker is the latest addition to the industry, yet they are a brand which has excelled in payments gateway system. This makes them reliable and trusted in terms of funds. They also excel in the domain of technology, which is a perk in present times.
Ques – What is the brokerage of Paytm Money?
Answer – This stock broker charges a flat rate on all the investment classes in general, since they belong to the discount broker domain. Delivery based trading is free of brokerage, however intraday investment attracts Rs.10 per order brokerage. All the other classes it is Rs.10 per order.
Ques – How to open Paytm Money demat online?
Answer – Opening a demat account with Paytm Money is very easy and quick. You simply need to click on the button “Open demat account” from this page and fill the pop up form. You will be redirected to the E-KYC form and you need to fill it up and upload documents scan copy for verification.
Ques – Can I invest in IPO via Paytm Money?
Answer – This stock broker provides IPO investment to all of its clients. Traders can invest in the latest IPO via this stock broker through the online process only. Directed steps to invest in IPO must be followed and ensure you know the conditions applied on the same.
Ques – What Leverage does Paytm Money provide?
Answer – Leverage provided to the traders varies on several parameters, such as segments. 1.3x leverage is provided for futures, currency options and commodities.NA leverage is provided for currency futures, NA for options, 1x for delivery and 6x leverage is provided for intraday trading.
Ques – Does Paytm Money have trading App?
Answer – Yes, this stock broker provides a trading app, which can be used for the process of placing orders. This is the metal method to trade on the go, and breaks a lot of barriers. The app is easy to use and filled with features, which is provided for iOS as well as Android users.
Ques – How to contact Paytm Money customer care?
Answer – This broker only has online presence and hence, you cannot expect offline, branch based connection with them. They only mediums of communication with the stock broker is Chat and email support as of now.
Ques – Does Paytm Money provide Research?
Answer – Paytm Money is a discount broker and this line of stock brokers are not into providing research and advisory services. However, you can expect free stock tips perk from the stock broker’s end, which will help you in investment process.
Ques – Is Paytm Money good for Beginners?
Answer – This company is the latest addition to the list of stock brokers. This makes them well accustomed with the present prevailing needs of the market. Also, they are a discount broker, which makes them highly affordable for anyone and everyone.
Ques – Who Founded Paytm Money?
Answer – Pravin Jhadav is the mastermind who led the formation of Paytm Money and is a significant and active contributor to its success. It is a publicly held corporation, which commenced its business from the year 2017, an addition to the new discount brokers.
Get a Call back from Paytm Money
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|SAMCO||Shriram Insight||Swastika Investmart||Way2Wealth|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most Read Articles –
|Demat Account Opening Charges|
|How to Open Demat Account?|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Investment in India|
|Top 10 Share Market Websites|
|Stock Market Franchise|
|Everything on Trading Platforms|