Silver is very famous in Kolkata, especially amongst young women. The Silver Rate in Kolkata is always fluctuating based on the demand of the commodity.
We have gathered data and crucial information related to Silver Rate in Kolkata and of the previous day and also for the past months.
If you are an investor who wants to invest in this commodity, in this city, then you need to understand the price movement and trend of the silver price and then invest your hard-earned money.
Here, on this page, you will find Silver Rate in Kolkata Live which is updated on a real-time basis. This means, whenever you will visit this page, you will get to see the current price of silver in the city of Kolkata. Whether you trade or invest for the long-term you need this information which is there on this page.
The article will cover factors affecting silver price in Kolkata Today, taxes levied on the purchase of silver, and many other such crucial facts and aspects of the commodity.
Silver Rate in Kolkata – 10 gm, 100 gm & 1 kg Silver Price in Kolkata Today
This section is specifically written and designed for the Silver Price in Kolkata Today and the price that was prevailing yesterday.
This section not only gives you these two prices but also the change in these two prices. It is important to understand how the price moved over one day.
The change in the price is given in both formats that are numbers and percentages. The percentage that is whether the price of present-day improved or declined than Yesterday is also mentioned in the table given.
Also, Check out the Gold Rate in Kolkata Today
Silver Price in Kolkata for Last 15 Days
In this section, you will find the Silver Price in Kolkata for the last fifteen days. This is a crucial section that is used by both traders and investors.
If you are looking to invest for the long-term, then these fifteen days’ prices will give you the idea of how prices are moving at present and when you can enter the market.
If you are about trade the silver in the commodity segment, then you can get an idea of the price trend from these prices of the last fifteen days.
Find Silver Rates of Top Indian Cities & States
Silver Price in Kolkata – Past 6 Months Price
In planning investment strategies, past data or historical prices plays a great role, and thus, in this section, we have curated price details of the last six months for Silver Rate in Kolkata.
You can use these six months of data to analyze the price movement, anticipate the future price movement, and also understand when to enter the market and other aspects of the market.
August 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|August-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st August 2020||₹ 65,110|
|8th August 2020||₹ 74,200|
|15th August 2020||₹ 68,000|
|22nd August 2020||₹ 67,100|
|31st August 2020||₹ 66,600|
|Highest Price||₹ 76,510|
|Lowest Price||₹ 65,000|
All the details about Silver Rate in Kolkata mentioned in this article will be of great help to you in one way or another. You can see the highest price level of the price, and also the lowest price level of the metal, which is well oriented to contribute to you investment research.
- Price is provided to you in the form of KG metric, from across the month. You can see the percentage change which happened across the entire month too.
- Time to check the opening price of the metal for August, which was Rs.65,110, whereas the closing price of the metal was Rs.66,600.
- You must now check the highest price of the metal which was Rs.76,510
- We also have the lowest record of price for the month, which was Rs.65,000
- Now, we wish to show you the change in price which happened across the entire month, and it was 18%
July 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|Jul-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st July 2020||₹ 50,050|
|8th July 2020||₹ 50,020|
|15th July 2020||₹ 53,000|
|22nd July 2020||₹ 58,950|
|31st July 2020||₹ 65,000|
|Highest Price||₹ 66,050|
|Lowest Price||₹ 48,500|
Make your call of investment, being well read about the present market Silver Rate in Kolkata, to ensure you are able to make a fruitful investment plan. This will lead to multiplied funds easily and precisely.
- Go through the table, which has the information on highest, lowest, opening as well as the closing price of the month.
- First price level, i.e. the opening price of the metal was Rs.50,050, and then the last day of the month recorded the metal’s price as Rs.65,000.
- From all the rates of the month, Rs.66,050 stood as the highest rate the metal was priced at, for the month of July.
- Similarly, Rs.48,500 was the lowest rate of the metal, for the month of July.
- With the given data of the entire month, the change in the price level was as much as 36%.
June 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|Jun-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st June,2020||₹ 50,150|
|31st June,2020||₹ 48,550|
|Highest Price||₹ 50,160|
|Lowest Price||₹ 47,100|
Tables act as the easiest way of understand a given set of data. The above provided table is in relation with Silver Rate in Kolkata for the month of June, the latest year of our discussion.
Here, you will be able to take a lot of items into consideration when you form investment strategies.
- For a quick view of the figures, we have the likely data of the month in the form of KG. You can check the opening, closing, highest, lowest and also the percentage change.
- Check out the first figure of the metal from the table, which shows Rs.50,150 as the opening price and Rs.48,550 as the closing price simultaneously.
- Highest level, as reached by the metal was considered as Rs.50,160.
- Looking over the entire month’s data, the lowest of price point of the month was Rs.47,100
- As we have seen, the price Change of the month in the form of percentage was commuted as 6.50%.
May 2020, Silver Rates in Kolkata
|May-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st May,2020||₹ 41,000|
|31st May,2020||₹ 50,110|
|Highest Price||50,110/- per Kg on 31st May,2020|
|Lowest Price||41,000/- per Kg on 1st May,2020|
The Silver Rates in Kolkata for May is given below along with the details and important observations-
- As you can see in the table above, the Silver Rate in Kolkata per kilo Gram is given for the first and the last date of the month. The starting price is Rs. 41000 while the price on the last day of the month was Rs. 50110.
- The difference between these two prices is huge and that suggests the price of silver in this city has moved drastically up this month.
- Highest price was Rs. 51000 which happened to the price of the last day of the month.
- The lowest price is Rs. 41000 which is the price of the starting date of the month. So, you can understand the price has gone up the ladder gradually throughout the month which is a very significant sign of strong momentum in the commodity.
- The overall performance of the commodity has been outstanding in this month as it moved up by 22.22%.
April 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|Apr-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st April,2020||₹ 39,940|
|30th April,2020||₹ 42,520|
|Highest Price||Rs. 42,700/- per Kg on 20th April,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 39,940/- per Kg on 1st April,2020|
Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata for April has been given below –
- In the table above, as you can see the price on the 1st of April was Rs. 39940 and on 30th April it was Rs. 42520.
- This suggests an average gain in the price of the silver in this month. The price moved up especially during the end of the month.
- The highest price was recorded on the 20th of April and the price was Rs. 42700 and this means the price was going up during the third and fourth week of the month.
- However, towards the end, it fell a bit but didn’t go any close to the starting price which happened to be the lowest price for the month as well.
- The performance of the commodity in this month was average and it gained around 6.46%.
March 2020, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|Mar-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st March,2020||₹ 48,500|
|31st March,2020||₹ 39,480|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,080/- per Kg on 7th March,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 39,480/- per Kg on 31st March,2020|
In this section, you will find the details related to the Silver Price Movement in Kolkata for March 2020 –
- At the beginning of the month, the price was Rs. 48500. The price was going up in the first week of the month.
- The silver price topped in this month at Rs. 51080 on the 7th of March. However, post that it was falling.
- By the end of the month, it was Rs. 39480 and this is the lowest price of the month as well.
- The volatility in the price of silver has been high this month. The price fell drastically and investors were in a state of shock by this sudden huge fall in the price of the commodity.
- The price of silver slipped downhill by more than 18% which is shocking and havoc losses were incurred.
February 2020, Silver Price Movement in Kolkata
|Feb-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|15th February,2020||₹ 49,500|
|29th February,2020||₹ 48,500|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,500/- per Kg on 24th February,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 48,500/- per Kg on 29th February,2020|
In this section, you will read about the Silver Rate in Kolkata per kilogram for February and the details related to it –
- The month started on a good note and the price was Rs. 49500 around the mid of the month.
- The price increased as well and topped around the fourth week’s starting and the highest price of the commodity for this month was recorded at Rs. 51500.
- The lowest price was the price that was recorded on the end date of the month only and the price was Rs. 48500.
- By these prices given in the table, one thing is clear the fluctuation in the price was there this month and finally, by the end of the month, the price went down south.
- The overall performance recorded for this month as shown in the table gives a negative value of 2.02% and this may be due to the Covid-19 fear in the market.
January 2020, Silver Price Movement in Kolkata
|Jan-20||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st January,2020||₹ 49,350|
|23rd January,2020||₹ 49,000|
|Highest Price||Rs. 51,000/- per Kg on 6th January,2020|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 48,900/- per Kg on 14th January,2020|
Silver Price in Kolkata was trading sluggishly in the first month of the year 2020. The details are provided here –
- In the beginning, the price of silver was Rs. 49350 which sloshed to Rs. 49000 by the end of the month.
- So, the overall performance of silver in this month had been negative and the price dipped by 0.17% overall.
- The highest price was recorded on the 6th of January and the recorded price was Rs. 51000.
- The lowest price was Rs. 48900 which was recorded on the 14th of January.
- These two prices show the price of the commodity has been volatile this month. While it was going up at the beginning of the month, it went downhill towards the mid of the month.
December 2019, Silver Rate Movement in Kolkata
|Dec-19||Silver Rate per KG|
|1st December,2019||₹ 46,650|
|31st December,2019||₹ 49,350|
|Highest Price||Rs. 49,350/- per Kg on 31st December,2019|
|Lowest Price||Rs. 46,650/- per Kg on 1st December,2019|
The Silver Rate in Kolkata for December has been given in this section. You can find the price details in the table above and the observations and discussions below –
- So, as you can see the price was Rs. 46650 on the 1st of the month. It went up throughout the month as we can predict from the table above.
- The lowest price was this price only which was on the starting day of the month and thus the price didn’t go below that within the month which is a good thing.
- The highest price was Rs. 49350 and this was recorded on the last day of the month.
- This means the price was going up all through the month and garnered profit for the investors.
- The overall performance meter says there was a rise of 5.79% in the price of silver for this month.
Silver Rate in Kolkata – Trend in 2020
The year 2020 is a year that we all will remember and this year has shown some of the wildest rallies of Silver Rate Trend in Kolkata.
When you come to check Today Silver Rate in Kolkata, you may see a price way apart from the last day’s price.
The market is completely volatile due to the lockdown, pandemic, and the crisis we are going through.
The price of silver as you saw above for March was sloshed but again gained momentum and reached a new high in May.
So, overall the commodity has been in demand as investors are trying to make their investments safe by investing in assets that are not related to the businesses in the country.
Silver, gold, and other commodities like these, have a low or no correlation with other assets and thus, these are safe bets when in crisis.
Check out Silver Rates of other Indian Cities & States
Silver Rate in Kolkata – Trend in 2019
This year, the Silver Rate Trend 2019 in Kolkata was very volatile as well. While the price of the commodity went to new highs in some of the months, it went downhill as well.
At the beginning of the year 2019, the silver price was moving around within a closed pace but after the first two or three months, the prices started roaring upwards.
However, the surge came to an end and the price again started falling during the mid of the year. But the end of the year was marked by a surge in the price again. So, overall 2019 had been a good year for the silver investors.
What makes Silver Rates in Kolkata to increase or decrease?
Silver Rate in Kolkata as on today can go upward or downward and there can be multiple reasons for this movement–
- If the silver is in high demand in the market, the price of the commodity will go up eventually. The demand when goes above the supply of the commodity raises the price as the buyers are ready to spend more to purchase the limited amount of silver that is available. Inversely, when the supply of the silver goes up, the price falls and this is the basic price mechanism.
- Apart from demand and supply, silver prices get affected by gold prices as well. Yes, if the gold price in the market is high, probably, the silver price will also go up and vice versa.
- Inflation can play a great role in raising the price of silver in the market.
- The currency valuation by RBI also impacts the silver price in the market.
What are the various measuring units of Silver in Kolkata?
The units which are mainly used for measuring Silver in Kolkata are grams, kilograms, and ounces.
These three units are used as per the quantity of the silver purchased.
For example, if you buy silver for a simple lightweight jewelry, then the silver may be measured in terms of grams or ounces.
But if you are purchasing it for industries uses, then it will be measured in kilograms.
1 ounce is 28.35 grams.
How much is the Tax Levied on Silver Rate in Kolkata?
As you pay taxes on your purchases, you have to pay Tax on Silver Rate in Kolkata as well. So, the prevailing tax on silver is 3% GST. It is the goods and services tax that is levied on the purchase of any product.
Find Silver Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Silver Rate in Uttar Pradesh||Silver Rate in Bhubaneswar||Silver Rate in Jaipur|
|Silver Rate in West Bengal||Silver Rate in Chandigarh||Silver Rate in Lucknow|
|Silver Rate in Ahmedabad||Silver Rate in Coimbatore||Silver Rate in Patna|
How to check Silver purity in Kolkata?
It is easy to find out whether the silver is of pure quality or not. Pure Silver Rate in Kolkata is higher than the duplicate ones.
Pure silver means an alloy of silver which has 92.5% of silver in it at the least.
The remaining metal can be copper for improving the quality and durability of the silver ornament or other products.
Silver Rate in Kolkata – Conclusion
We hope you found this article useful for researching Silver Rate in Kolkata. You can come back to this page whenever you want to check Today Silver Rate in Kolkata.
The price of silver is regularly updated on a real-time basis on this page.