Upstox Demat Account – Find Opening Process, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: May 12, 2022
Upstox Demat Account helps traders to trade at unbeatable low prices across all the segments that exist in the market.
With Upstox Trading Account, you can trade across various asset segments, i.e., equities, commodities, currencies, etc.
Upstox is the discount brokerage house that has a tech-first attitude towards all the services and the products they provide, and thus, this helps the traders to make their trading simple and profitable at the same time.
In this article, you will read about the various aspects of the Demat account of the firm and its charges like the opening charges and the annual maintenance fees, and others.
There will be a lot of information on the features and services provided by the firm when you trade with its Demat account and trading account.
So, let us start with the details of the Upstox Demat Account and then dig deeper into other details that you must know for opening and using the Demat account of Upstox.
Upstox Demat Account
Upstox tailors the requirements of its customers by means of its online trading platform. Upstox started its journey in 2009 as an online investment platform.
It is a brand of RKSV Securities, It aims at empowering the investors by offering an easy to access and use trading platform.
It is a technology-driven stock brokerage house that provides exceptionally advanced trading terminals on different platforms.
With Upstox Demat Account, you can trade and perform various analyses as chartings are abundant in the trading platforms.
Upstox is a stock brokerage house supported by a distinguished group of traders and investors, including Ratan Tata, Kalaari Capital, and others.
With the Best Demat Account in India and reliable discount brokerage houses in the country, it provides different trading solutions at unprecedented rates.
Now let us talk about the features you will get when you trade using the Demat account of Upstox.
- You can avail yourself of two kinds of accounts with Upstox. A basic plan offers to trade in the equity segment both delivery and intraday. Under this plan, you will get leverage up to 20 times which is huge, and the brokerage charges are very cheap at Rs.20 per order. Under the Upstox Priority Pack, the charges for the traders are Rs.30 per order. This plan allows you to trade in all segments, whether F&O, currencies, or equities. The leverage you will receive in this plan is up to 25 times.
- There is no brokerage in the equity delivery segment, and you can invest in the securities for free.
- Various orders can be initiated using the Demat account of Upstox and its trading platform. There are after-market orders, bracket orders, and cover orders, and also there is another order which is hardly seen with other brokers that is the One-cancels-other Order type.
- Explore all the features of Upstox and its trading platform with our Upstox Review section.
Open Upstox Demat Account – Fill up the Form Now!
How to Open an Upstox Demat Account?
To Open Upstox Demat Account, you do not have to check any other sites as you can start your application process right now while you are reading the article.
- There is a button on this page that says “Open Demat account” that you need to click on, and right from there, you can see a pop-up form opening where you have to fill in some details that are asked there.
- An executive will now place a call to you and share a link to be filled, the EKYC link.
- The documents you will need are PAN, AADHAAR, and date of birth.
- Now, you shall upload the bank details like the Account Number and the IFSC code.
- Once you fill out the form and submit it, you will see that there will be another page where you need to upload documents for verification that require PAN, AADHAAR, a photograph of yours, and a Cancelled Cheque for the bank details. The scan copies of these documents must be uploaded on the page.
- You will have to sign the form through Aadhaar or in person and then submit it.
- Then you will receive a call from the Upstox Executives, who will guide you about the rest of the process. Once the process for the application is over, your documents will be verified, including other details.
- Post verification, if everything is alright, your application will be approved, and you will receive the login credentials for the account.
- After that, you can download their trading platform and easily log in and start trading.
Similar Demat Accounts you may also Like
- Zerodha Demat Account
- Angel One Demat Account
- Groww Demat Account
- 5Paisa Demat Account
- IIFL Demat Account
Upstox Demat Account Charges
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NA|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs. 300 + 18% GST|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 249|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
The Upstox Account Opening Charges are Rs.249 only, and as you can compare, it is one of the lowest of all the discount brokerage houses.
Upstox Demat Account Charges are one-time-only, and there is no account renewal process. You can use it for years as long as you want it. There are certain maintenance charges discussed in the last segment of this article.
Monthly maintenance charge = Rs. 25 (excluding GST), which will be charged at the end of every month and debited from your Trading a/c.
Trading Account Charges: Rs.150 + GST = Rs.177
Demat Account Charges: Rs.150 + GST = Rs.177 (AMC)
For LLP- Account Opening Fees LLP
Trading Account + Demat AMC: Rs.500 + Rs.1000 + GST = Rs.1770/- (non-refundable)
Demat AMC 2nd year onwards: Rs.1000 + GST = Rs.1180/- (non-refundable)
Upstox AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges
The maintenance charges that we were talking about in the last paragraph are Rs.249 for the Demat account. Upstox AMC for the trading account is nil.
This means you have to pay Rs.249 every year to continue using your Demat account, while your trading account will be available for use even without any maintenance fees.
To know more in detail, also check Upstox Brokerage Charges.
Upstox Trading Account
The Upstox Trading Account offers a wide range of facilities, and some of the main benefits are –
- There are Stop Loss orders available which you can use for trading, and it is available on all the trading platforms.
- Upstox Trading account is available on all platforms that the firm offers, and you can trade from any of them.
- You can keep margin in shares, and there is no minimum margin requirement.
- Higher leverage is available for the traders who need it against a little higher brokerage charges and are available with Priority Pack.
- You can use the various platforms which are available with Upstox. There are web trading platforms, mobile trading platforms, and online trading platforms. With the mobile and web trading platform, you can trade.
- Ami-Broker software is available with Upstox, with which you can easily code the strategies you prepare for trading and put them to use.
- There is ever Developer Console which helps in developing Trading Applications as well.
- Upstox Options Chain Tool is another feature that helps traders check various prices like Spot prices, vertical comparison of rates, future prices, circuit levels, and many other details.
- With Upstox Demat Account, you can also invest in Mutual Funds. There are thousands of Mutual funds available with Upstox that you can trade. There are SIP schemes that are available and ready for investment.
Upstox Demat Account – Conclusion
The Upstox Demat Account offers to trade at unbelievably lower brokerage charges while offering the best trading platforms and a wide range of investment products and services.
There is an abundance of features that you get with the Demat and trading account of Upstox, including Ami-broker.
Upstox Demat Account FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Upstox Demat account:
How can I open an Upstox Demat Account?
The first step is to click on the “Open Demat Account” button from the page. When you do so, a pop-up form will appear.
Fill it up, and then you will be redirected to the KYC process, and a customer care representative will contact you to help you through the process.
Is Upstox Demat Free?
No, opening a Demat account with Upstox is not free of cost, but it is one of the cheapest. When there are broking houses that charge around Rs.500 and more, Upstox charges only Rs.249 for opening an account for you.
What are Upstox Demat Charges?
Upstox levies two different kinds of charges for holding a Demat account. The first is the opening account charge, which is a one-time fee in general, then comes the AMC, a yearly recurring fee. The opening account charge is Rs.249, and also, the AMC is Rs.249 per annum.
Is AMC levied on Upstox Demat?
Yes, you need to pay a set of charges to hold the Demat account. AMC or account maintenance is one of them, and it is set to be Rs. 249 per annum. Hence, you need to pay the amount once a year, resulting in a tiny amount for the account holder.
Is Upstox’s Demat Account the best?
Yes, Upstox has attained great recognition and is one of the market players and strong competitors. They have organized the best structure for ease and convenience of their clients, with a stronghold of technology. This stockbroker is also cheap, making investment related expenses a sign of relief.
Does Upstox provide Demat a/c?
Yes, this stockbroker provides all the products and services from their industry, including a Demat account. You can invest and deal in many financial products or instruments via the Demat account. Getting an account online is easy as well.
What Documents are required for Upstox’s Demat?
To get started with investing in the stock market, you need the assistance of a certain document. Documents required are the ones that prove the identity and financial status. Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport size photograph, and canceled cheque are required for the process.
Is Aadhaar Compulsory to Open Upstox Demat?
Yes, an Aadhaar card is essential if you wish to successfully go through the account opening process. This document is a must for the KYC process made mandatory by the regulating authority. This card also lets you sign the declaration of the account opening form.
Is PAN required for Opening Upstox Account?
PAN card is on the priority documents, which serve as the base of proving one’s identity. PAN is also required as proof of good financial records. You need to provide the PAN card to link your bank account with your Demat account, facilitating the transfer of funds.
Do they Charge the Demat Account Opening Fee?
Yes, there is an account opening fee associated with the Demat account, and any new user needs to pay a small amount of Rs.249 at the time of opening an account. However, this is a one-time fee, which is not subject to repayment at any point in time.
Who is the owner of Upstox?
The Co-founders of Upstox are Ravi Kumar, Kavitha Subramanian, and Shrini Viswanath.
Is Upstox legal in India?
Upstox is an Indian entity registered with BSE, NSE, SEBI, MCX, and CDSL. The company provides stock broking service to the customers online.
Can I delete my Upstox account?
If you are not using your upstox account, you can close it by submitting an account closure request with the stockbroker. Submit the request in paper form duly signed by the customer. After that, the representative will contact you to process the request.
Is Upstox good for beginners?
Upstox offers very easy step-wise trading facilities on its trading platform and helps the customers at each step. You can easily reach out to Upstox regarding any query or doubt. Also, upstox has a very affordable brokerage charge.
What are the disadvantages of Upstox?
Investors cannot invest in IPOs or FPOs through Upstox. Good Till Canceled (GTC) is not supported for Delivery trades; also, it charges Rs. 20per trade for Call and Trade.
Which Upstox app is best?
Upstox tries to offer its customers seamless opportunities with its Upstox Pro Mobile app. Customers find it very easy to trade and invest in securities on the application. You can easily find the application on app stores.
Can I buy gold on Upstox?
No, Upstox does not offer Digital Gold trading on its platform.
What is validity in Upstox?
The validity period is the duration for which a trade order is valid. One of the types of Order Validity is Immediate-or-Cancel (IOC). It is a type of order which will be valid only if the order quantity is matched.
Can I close the Upstox account online?
Yes, the Upstox account can be closed online. You can submit the Account Closure Request on the website or mobile application. The account will be closed in about seven days from the receipt of the request.