Want to Open Zerodha Demat Account? Zerodha is a pioneer discount brokerage house. It was the first in the industry to offer the discounted and minimal brokerage rates for stock trading in India.
Zerodha offers a trading as well as Demat account facilities to its customers. The trading account is used to undertake and execute the trading i.e. buying and selling of stock, whereas, the Demat account is used to retain the stocks and scrips with the investor.
In this article, we will discuss the Demat and the Zerodha Trading Account and their charges and annual maintenance fees and other details related to the account opening with Zerodha.
Zerodha Demat Account
There are various discount brokers in the nation that came before and after Zerodha but this firm brings a revolution in the stock market with its unrealistic cheap prices and established themselves as a discount broker in a completely new manner and made the word Discount Brokers famous.
The Zerodha Demat Account has various advantages which the clients can reap and make use of for their trading and investment purposes. Here are some of the most important Zerodha Demat Account benefits –
Reach and Network
There are some advantages of being the most sought after brokerage house in the country.
Zerodha has been recognized and referred as the most promising and popular brokerage house at present among the capital market fraternity and the traders.
You can find Zerodha branches in nooks and corners of your city and you can be from anywhere, any city to get that.
Discount brokers are famous for Trading platforms and cheap brokerage plans and Zerodha can be called as the innovator of this idea.
They simply changed the means of trading with their innovative trading platforms and technologies they use for those platforms. It made trading easy and more profitable.
Zerodha has variety of trading platforms like KITE, Zerodha Varsity, Smallcases, Sensibull, and many others to facilitate the clients.
No doubt, Zerodha has one of the cheapest brokerage plans for the clients. They have no charges for the equity delivery transactions and for the other trades, the maximum brokerage per order that any trader needs to pay is Rs.20 as it is lower of 0.01% of the whole transaction value or Rs.20 per trade.
The brokerage plan apart from being cheap and very pocket-friendly also simple to understand and you do not need to bring your calculator our every time to make the brokerage calculations.
No Hidden Charges
There are no hidden charges attached to these cheap brokerage charges which we mentioned above. There are all the charges in front of you and there are no other charges.
No Minimum Brokerage
There are no minimum brokerage charges as well. You pay for what you trade and the maximum can be only Rs.20 for any volume of order.
So, if you are looking for an opening Demat account, Zerodha Demat account can be one of the best options for you.
Open Demat Account with Zerodha
How to Open Zerodha Demat Account?
Now, if you have made up your mind about the account opening with Zerodha, then to Open Zerodha Demat Account, you need to –
- Register you Name & Mobile No. & City – Register Here
- Zerodha representative will guide the user for online account opening process first
- Customer can also download the form & courier the same & post receiving accounts get opened within 48 hours
- If the customer wants to meet offline then they will arrange for face to face meeting
- On meeting the customer, few details are required to open free Zerodha demat account i.e. Aadhaar Card, PAN Card, Bank Statement, Cancelled Cheque & Address proof
- The executive will process the entire documents & customer will receive the Trading account ID & Password over the email or SMS within 30 minutes
- Client can now start trading using Zerodha Kite or Zerodha Pi
Zerodha Demat Account Charges
|Demat Accounnt Charges|
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.300|
|Demat AMC||Rs.300 per Annum|
Zerodha Account Opening Charges for Equity is Rs.300 and for commodity it charges Rs.200. Thereafter, one needs to pay an annual fee in to the tune of Rs.300 (in case of non-individual account holder the fee would be Rs.1000). This yearly recovered amount is to maintain the account with Zerodha i.e. an annual maintenance charge.
Apart from this AMC and account opening charges, another nominal charge of Rs.50 is leviable. This is a statutory charge towards stamp duty or registration of power of authorization.
The other DEMAT account related charges are discussed below for your reference:
- Pledging: For pledge creation and closure, Zerodha charges Rs.20 plus certain request charges and CSDL charges on the actual basis
- Cheque bounced: In case a customer’s cheque is bounced, he or she is charged with Rs.350 as cheque bouncing charges. This charge is a bit on high side so as to discourage any such instances.
- Statement: Zerodha typically rolls out an e-statement, however, if a customer wishes for a physical statement then he is required to pay Rs.50 as a courier charge.
- Call & Trade: The discount broker charges Rs.20 per call as call & trade charges
Zerodha AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges
The Zerodha AMC or annual maintenance charges are only Rs.300 that is you need to pay Rs. 300 every year for the maintenance of your account with Zerodha.
There are no other charges apart from this charge for maintenance of the account. However, this charge is only for maintaining the Demat account, there are no charges attached to the Trading account. There are no maintenance charges of the trading account.
Zerodha Trading Account
With the Zerodha Trading Account, you can –
- Trade different investment options ranging from the equities to the Derivatives and the currencies as well.
- You can easily access your Zerodha trading account on the trading platforms offered by the firm and you can trade easily without much hassle on any of the platforms that suit you the best.
- There is no margin money that you need to keep in the trading account. Buying and selling shares can be done from the shares you have in the account and no money is required as the balance in the trading account
- You can also invest in IPOs with the Zerodha Trading account
- You can use bracket orders and other orders formats
Zerodha Demat Account – Conclusion
The Zerodha Demat Account is one of the most sought after Demat account and that is evident from the huge client base it has of 10 lakhs customers and above (as per the data received in June 2019).
This depicts the quality and quantity of services and products the firm provides to the customers and it is mainly owing to the fact that they have a typically low brokerage and highly advance trading terminals.
Open Demat Account with Zerodha
|Products & Services of Zerodha|
|Zerodha Brokerage Charges|
|Kite Web by Zerodha|
|Zerodha Kite App|
|PI from Zerodha|
|Zerodha Brokerage Calculator|