Zerodha Intraday Trading – Benefits, Process, Charges, Margin & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 08, 2023
Zerodha is considered the country’s biggest stock broker as per the active number of clients they have.
Zerodha has changed the trading and investment process in the country with its super-low brokerage schemes and excellent Zerodha Intraday trading support and trading terminals.
Being a Discount broker, it has been giving tough competition to traditional brokers because of its ultra-low brokerage schemes and various other services and products it provides.
In this article, we will cover Zerodha Intraday Trading in detail. We will start with the various benefits of the Zerodha Intraday feature and then dig into other details like how you can day-trade using Zerodha’s account and other details.
This article will also cover the charges of intraday trading with Zerodha, and there will be more detailed and intricate details about the same.
Zerodha Intraday Trading & Benefits
Zerodha Intraday Trading integrates highly advanced technology-based trading platforms and the various products that Zerodha offers.
Being the largest stockbroker in the country, it has a huge network that helps clients get support from any part of the country, whether online or offline.
Here, we will discuss the various benefits and features of Zerodha Intraday Trading which is one of the Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India:
- The first benefit is its huge network. Since there are so many active traders on the trading platform of Zerodha, it facilitates the trading process and helps the traders make a profitable trade.
- The largest stockbroker, a discount broker, does not compromise with the research service. Zerodha Intraday Tips are always available on the trading platform, or you may even choose to call the executives.
- There are multiple trading platforms that this firm offers to its clients. It has trading platforms for all devices with a variety of resolutions.
- This firm provides the intraday trading opportunity at very low brokerage charges. This is a discount brokerage house; the brokerage charges are way lower than the traditional brokerage house.
- Zerodha provides excellent customer support. It has branches all across the country, and the customer care team is always at the service of the clients (24/7).
- As a Discount Brokerage firm, Zerodha does not provide research and advisory services, but it has intraday tips ready every day for the clients and the daily traders.
- Intraday trading is intriguing with Zerodha, and it could be highly profitable because of the leverage they provide to the clients. They provide huge exposure in the intraday segment, which helps traders trade shares worth more than what they have in their trading accounts.
- The account opening process and then setting up the trading platforms for intraday trading is quite simple with Zerodha.
- We update the offers provided by Zerodha continuously. To stay updated, visit our Zerodha Review section which also consists of all the features, products and services of Zerodha.
Open Zerodha Trading Account Now! – Fill up the Form
How to do Intraday Trading in Zerodha?
Intraday Trading in Zerodha is super smooth because of its effective and highly advanced trading platforms and the wide range of products and services the firm has.
With Zerodha, you can do intraday trading with a few simple steps and can learn about it more as the days go by.
Let us see how you can start intraday trading with the largest retail stockbroker in the country.
- For starting intraday trading using Zerodha’s products and services, you need to open a Demat account and a trading account with the brokerage house. To open the accounts, you need to click on this link, and you will see a form popping up on the screen of your computer.
- Fill out the form and submit it, and then you need to upload the required documents as per the instructions given on the site. An executive will follow up with the rest of the details. Once your account is open, you will receive the login ID and password from Zerodha.
More about Intraday Trading
- The next step is to log in with the User Id and password that you have received and download the trading terminal. You can also use the online trading platform or the mobile trading platform. However, the trading terminal is the best platform for intraday trading and bulk trading.
- You have to select the stocks you want to track and trade. It would help if you prepared the market watchlist, which can also be formed with the help of Zerodha intraday trading tips. Once the market watch list is prepared, you are ready to go.
- For buying and selling, you will have to click on the particular share you want to trade, and there you will see both options, of which one would be Intraday Trading. Click on it and start trading.
Similar Intraday Trading you may also Like
- Upstox Intraday Trading
- Angel One Intraday Trading
- Groww Intraday Trading
- 5Paisa Intraday Trading
- IIFL Intraday Trading
Zerodha Intraday Charges
|Zerodha Intraday Charges|
|Intraday Brokerage Charge||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
|Intraday Brokerage Calculator||Zerodha Brokerage Calculator|
Zerodha is the largest retail stockbroker and the most reputed Discount brokerage house in the country because of Zerodha Intraday Charges.
The Zerodha Intraday Brokerage is a flat fee of 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower for any trade you do.
Whether you trade equities, commodities, currencies, or anything, the brokerage you will be paying is Rs.20 on maximum.
This gives an edge to the traders who trade in bulk, which is why intraday trading with Zerodha is one of the most profitable opportunities.
Here are certain other charges that are mandatory, alongside the brokerage charge.
- You need to pay a transaction charge for all the transactions you do; it is as per the value of the transaction.
- Then there are SEBI turnover charges and STT or Securities Transaction Tax. The SEBI authority decides the one-time charge and the latter by the government.
- You need to pay Stamp duty for all your transactions as per the stamp duty charges applicable in the state you are trading from.
- Finally, GST is applicable @ 18% on brokerage, and transaction charges were taken together.
Zerodha Intraday Margin
|Zerodha Intraday Exposure|
|Intraday Margin Funding||Upto 5x|
|Intraday Margin Calculator||Zerodha Margin Calculator|
For intraday, the trading margin is one of the crucial factors. Zerodha’s Intraday Margin can go up to 6 times higher than many other brokerage firms in the country, especially if you compare it with the discount brokerage house.
This makes Zerodha Intraday Limits 6 times more than what you have in the trading account. For example, you have Rs.5000 in your trading account.
You can do intraday trading worth Rs.5000*6 = Rs.30000. Isn’t that great?
Zerodha Trading – Types
Zerodha Trading is available in all formats. You can do Zerodha Online Trading using the Kite Web-based browser offered by Zerodha.
It is an HTML 5-based web browser that makes Trading smooth and easy for traders. It is a lightweight platform with all the features required for intraday trading.
Then you can do intraday trading from the Zerodha Kite Mobile Application, which has a wide range of features that support intraday trading.
Zerodha Intraday Trading – Conclusion
With Zerodha Intraday Trading offers and options, you can make the most of your intraday trading activity. The wide range of products and services and the highly integrated trading platforms offer a great platform for day traders.
The exceptional leverage and margin trading facility is an added advantage for the Zerodha Daily traders.
Zerodha Intraday Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Zerodha Intraday trading:
Is Intraday Trading safe in Zerodha?
Intraday is pretty safe to trade in Zerodha. It is the country’s biggest stock broker as per the number of customers over the years.
They have changed the process of Trading and investment in the nation with their immensely low brokerage fee, cutting out all the barriers to becoming one of the finest trading platforms ever.
What is Intraday Exposure at Zerodha?
Zerodha’s trading margin can exceed up to a limit of 6 times. This is a huge deal compared to the other discounted brokerage houses. For example, if you have Rs.5000 in your trading account, then six times the money, that makes it Rs 30,000.
What are Intraday Charges in Zerodha?
The charge for the brokerage sequence is a feeble 0.03% or Rs.20, whichever is lower for every trade that you do. This excites the traders, for it is a conventionally less fee to be charged.
Then comes the STT, SEBI turnover charges, the GST levied by the central government, and Stamp duty based on the state’s regulation.
How to do Day Trading in Zerodha?
Day trading in ZERODHA is done in a matter of minutes. First, you create a Demat account, then need to login into your account, and then create a market watchlist of all your scripts that you feel like Trading.
Click on the “buy and sell” option, after which you have to straight-up go to the “day trading” sequence. Once you do this, you are good to go!
Does Zerodha provide Day Trading?
Zerodha does provide day trading, a sequence that is pretty favourable for its good. It attracts a hoard customer base, making it all the more efficient and work-ethnic.
Is Intraday Trading Free in Zerodha?
Intraday trading is not free in this firm. With many facilities available over here, you could take over trade equities, commodities, currencies, or whatever it is that you wish to fondle over.
The brokerage fee is a meagre 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower.
Does Zerodha have an App for Intraday?
Zerodha is available on every platform. You name it. You can use Zerodha Online Trading using the Kite Web-based browser.
It is a pretty flexible platform with amazing features required for intraday trading. You can also opt for the Zerodha Kite Mobile Application, which is just as efficient.
Is Intraday Profitable at Zerodha?
Zerodha is utterly profitable because of the ease they provide to its clients. With a massive possibility of a profit-earning score and an extremely low brokerage fee, this company is already piling up to become one of the most chosen ones in the stock market arena.
Does Zerodha provide Intraday Tips?
Intraday is extremely profitable in this firm, per se. Zerodha doesn’t provide a hoard of research and advisory service, but it has a list of tips to serve clients and traders all over.
What does Zerodha Intraday mean?
Intraday here means “trading within the day,” which intends to trade at a particular time of the day, buy and sell your shares, and earn a good profit to build your fortune.
Is Zerodha good for intraday trading?
Zerodha has made its name as the top online discount broker. Zerodha is a well-established entity that offers diversified financial products and services, making it an excellent choice for intraday trading. The brokerages charged by it for intraday trading are comparatively low, and an efficient and advanced trading platform backs it.
Is intraday free in Zerodha?
Zerodha charges Rs. 20 or 0.03% on Equity Intraday trades from its customers. It is charged per executed order.
Can I buy 10000 shares intraday?
The maximum allowed quantity per order is 1 lakh. And the maximum value allowed per order is Rs. 2 crores.
Does Zerodha charge for Cancelled orders?
Customers can cancel their trade order, and you will not be charged any fees for cancelling the order.
What are F and O in Zerodha?
F and S stand for Futures and Options. These are derivatives. These are security types that derive their value from other underlying security. Future and Options are some of the types of derivatives. Zerodha allows its customers to trade in these securities on its online trading platform.
Why is intraday trading not allowed in Zerodha?
In case the system at Zerodha observes volatility in the market above the standards, it blocks certain types of intraday trades to ensure the clients are not at very high risk with their trades.
Which broker gives the highest margin for intraday?
UPSTOX/RKSV, Zerodha, and SAS online offer up to 20X times the margin on Intraday Equity.
Are there any annual charges in Zerodha?
Yes, Zerodha charges Annual Maintenance Charges (AMC) on its Demat account services of Rs 300 per year. Zerodha does not charge AMC on Trading accounts.
What are IOC and day in Zerodha?
IOC means an Immediate or Cancel (IOC) order where the trading member can execute the order of buying or selling as soon as it is released in the market; otherwise, it is cancelled or removed from the market.
Whereas Day order means an order to buy or sell stands in the market for the day until it’s matched. In other cases, it is cancelled at the end of the day if not matched.
Can I buy foreign stocks in Zerodha?
Presently, Zerodha offers securities to domestic companies and organizations only. So, a person cannot trade in foreign stocks with Zerodha.