Upstox Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 08, 2023
Upstox is one of the leading discount brokers in the country at present. Upstox Trading services are fully technology-based services that make the life of the traders easier and smoother.
Now Upstox Online Trading services are rendered across different trading segments, whether equity, options, or commodities. It is a tech-first brokerage house where everything is dealt with using technology and thus making the whole process easier.
In this article, you will read about the various benefits of Upstox and the different products and services it offers. We will mainly focus on the different brokerage plans it has for the traders and whether the brokerage charges are reasonable as per the market or not.
We will also cover the process of starting online trading with Upstox, and finally, we will take you through the multiple trading platforms it offers.
Upstox Trading and Benefits
Upstox is prominent as the Best Trading Account in India. There is an array of benefits and features offered by Upstox Online Trading services, and they are enumerated below:
- You can do Upstox Trading in the delivery segment for free. There are no brokerage charges for equity delivery trades with Upstox, which helps the traders make more profit. Apart from the delivery trades, the brokerage charges are lower for the other segments, which will be discussed later in the article.
- There are no charges for trading platforms. Yes, it offers all trading platforms with highly advanced technology. There is no additional cost you need to pay for using those platforms.
- You can use multiple types of orders on the Upstox platform – AMO or After Market order, Bracket Order or Cover order, and others. This reduces the risk of your investment by limiting the losses.
- There is AmiBroker and Upstox Bridge for coding your trading strategies. This helps you make your strategy for your trades and code them to be implemented via the trading platform.
- The trading platforms are full of technical indicators, which help in the analysis. It helps in understanding the price movements and the triggers.
- Other highly advanced tools and technologies offered by the firm are rare in any other full-service broker: Upstox Developer console, Upstox Option chain Tool, and many advanced trading technologies.
- There is a high level of leverage provided by the firm to the customers in all the trading segments.
- Upstox app comes packed with rich attributes that will make your investment journey way more interesting. Explore with us all you want to know from our Upstox Review section.
Open Trading Account with Upstox – Fill up the Form Now!
Upstox Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs. 5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy-side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.
Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||18% + GST|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 2 per certificate + courier charges of Rs 35 per demat request for every 500 grams.|
|Pledge Creation||0.02% of transaction charges are subject to a minimum of Rs 50 + NSDL/CDSL charges at actual|
|Pledge Invocation||0.05% of transaction charges subject to a minimum of Rs 50|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 18.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
The Upstox Trading Charges include:
- Brokerage charges are the primary charges that need to be paid, and Upstox charges a flat fee for all segments.
- STT or the Securities Transaction Charges is levied at 0.0126% of the total turnover
- SEBI Turnover Charges are levied at Rs.5/crore
- Then there are Transaction Charges itself which are 0.00275% of the total turnover
- GST is levied on the sum total of the transaction charge and the brokerage charge at 18%
- Then there are Stamp Duty charges which are very nominal and decided as per the state
To know more in detail, also check Upstox Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- Zerodha Trading Account
- Angel One Trading Account
- Groww Trading Account
- 5Paisa Trading Account
- IIFL Trading Account
Upstox Delivery Trading
|Upstox Delivery Charges|
The Upstox Delivery Trading comes with no charges. There are no brokerage charges on the delivery trade segment in the equity class. You need to pay nothing for taking the delivery of the equities you trade.
Upstox Intraday Trading
|Upstox Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
For the Upstox Intraday Trading service, the charges are Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower). Once the order gets executed, the charge is deducted from your account.
Upstox Option Trading
|Upstox Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per Trade|
For Upstox Option Trading as well, the charge is Rs.20 per trade. Generally, the charges for the options segment are higher in the market, but Upstox charges the same amount for options as well, as it has a flat fee brokerage plan.
Upstox Futures Trading
|Upstox Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
For Upstox Futures Trading, you need to pay Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (lower) executed on the platform.
Upstox Currency Trading
|Upstox Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per Trade|
|Currency Futures||Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower)|
Whether you are trading currency futures or currency options, for Upstox Currency Trading, the fee you will be charged is Rs.20 per trade on the top end. If you check the currency futures segment, you have to pay the brokerage of Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower).
You can save a lot on the options because most brokerage houses charge per lot basis for options, and the charges are higher than this one.
Upstox Commodity Trading
|Upstox Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per Trade|
You can do Upstox Commodity Trading with Rs.20 for each order, precisely for the commodity options segment. On the other end, if you opt for Commodity futures, the charge is Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (lower).
Upstox Online Trading Process
For starting Upstox Online Trading, you need to:
Open Upstox Demat & Trading account
- To open the accounts, you have to click on the option “Open Demat Account” you find on this page.
- A form will pop up on the screen. You need to fill out the form that pop-ups and then submits the same.
- Submit the form along with the required documents online. The documents generally include the PAN, AADHAAR Card, and a cancelled cheque for bank details and others.
- You will receive the login details of your account once and if the verification of your documents is successful and the application has been approved.
- You need to log in to the Upstox Website. You need to use the login credentials you have received.
- Here you will find the trading platforms which you need to download.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms:
- To download the trading terminal and other platforms, you need to click on the files (software) you find on the site.
- Once the software is downloaded on the desktop or mobile, install them.
- The market watchlist needs to be created by adding your favourite companies’ stock scrips
- Once you have created the market watchlist, you can start trading.
- Select the stock you want to track or trade
- There will be a BUY or SELL option on the side of the windows that open, or you can directly click on the BUY and Sell option. Put the price, the unit of shares you are to trade, and other details required and place an order.
Upstox Online Trading Platforms
The firm is known for its high-end technologies, and trading platforms are the best examples. It offers multiple Upstox Trading Platforms, some of which are:
- Upstox App is the Upstox Mobile trading platform. It is a highly advanced mobile trading platform that works with minimal internet usage and thus, helps you trade in different places. This application has different trading options, charts, and analytical tools. You can trade with this app when you are travelling, which makes the trading experience so rich.
- The next is the Trading terminal offered by Upstox. It is based on the Omnesys NEST platform, and it uses its Order Management System and Risk Management system. The terminal is powerful and has all kinds of trading features. There are multiple market watchlists, technical indicators, and charts for your usage.
- The Web-browser-based trading platform is a web version of the trading terminal. It provides trading across the segment: multiple trading options, various analytical tools, and many other features.
Upstox Trading – Conclusion
Upstox Trading Services is one of the most sought-after trading services in the market because of its low brokerage charges and exceptionally well-designed range of products and services.
For Upstox Online Trading, the trading platform it offers adds to the customer’s benefit a lot and creates an ideal environment for online trading.
Upstox Online Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to Upstox online trading:
Does Upstox provide Online Trading?
Upstox does provide a very diligent online trading service. They are technology-based, which makes the trader’s experience pretty easy and reliable both ways. They render services across many segments, and everything is handled using high-end technology.
What are the Charges in Upstox?
First and foremost are the brokerage charge and the Upstox charge. Then comes the STT or the Securities Transaction Charges levied at 0.0126% of the total transaction. Following this are the SEBI Turnover Charge at 0.0005%, the transaction Charge itself, which is 0.00275%, GST at 18%, and the Stamp Duty charges, which are dependent on the state.
Does Upstox provide Delivery Trading?
Yes, Upstox does provide delivery trading, which is pretty worth it. There are, thankfully, no brokerage fees required for it to come to life, making Upstox a reliable firm for people to have a look at.
Is delivery trading Free at Upstox?
Yes, it is. The delivery trading fee is practically zero. You need to pay absolutely no amount for having taken the delivery of all the equities that you’ve traded along the way.
Does Upstox provide Option Trading?
Upstox does provide options trading, which is an advantage. Upstox charges more or less the same fee as any other company in the share market.
What are Options Trading Charges at Upstox?
It is a feeble amount of Rs. 20 per trade. It has a flat fee plan for the brokerage system, which adds up to its popularity, and investing in this firm seems like the right decision for anyone looking to increase their profit margin.
Does Upstox provide Futures Trading?
Upstox does provide Future trading for every necessity. Upstox trading is pretty low maintenance and doesn’t ask for a lot. This helps attract a huge customer base, those who haven’t yet heard about it and are willing to invest in a stable firm.
What is Futures brokerage at Upstox?
For the Upstox Futures Trading, you need to pay Rs.20 per executed order or 0.05% (whichever is lower) for each of the trades that are made out on this very term, which is a very bleak amount, to be fair, given, how solid the reputation of Upstox is, in the market.
Is Upstox safe for trading?
It is no surprise that Upstox is one of the safest and most talked-about firms to have your hopes dwelled in. It charges exceptionally less and has hundreds of features that boost its niceness as a company. This platform is ideal, with an environment suited best for online trading, among many others.
Does Upstox provide Trading Tips?
Upstox provides trading tips that come of ardent use to all the new and inexperienced users who are more than euphoric about learning every specificity and detail regarding online trading. The company’s highly advanced technology and features lure in hundreds of customers, and its excellent research team makes sure to polish this novel audience into a shiny professional.
Is Upstox good for trading?
Upstox has brought forward an online trading platform that opens ample opportunities for investors to trade in according to their savings and risk-bearing. Upstox is an efficient trading platform for new investors.
How does Upstox make money?
Upstox allows investors to invest in a variety of securities from the online platform. It charges brokerage from the customers to provide its services.
Is trading free on Upstox?
Upstox offers Free Demat and Trading Account opening to its customers. Also, no AMC is charged on the Demat account.
Upstox does not charge a commission regarding investments in Mutual Funds and IPOs.
How do I trade on Upstox?
- You are required to fill out the Account Opening Form with Upstox.
- Submit the Know Your Customer (KYC)
- Provide required documents for identity proof and address proof.
- Link your bank account with your trading account for the effective transfer of money.
- Now you are good to start trading on the Upstox platform.
Does Upstox charge monthly?
Upstox levies no monthly charges from its customers. It charges Annual Maintenance Charges on Trading Accounts.
Is Upstox good for beginners?
Yes, Upstox is an easy-to-use mobile trading platform that offers a convenient trading experience at your fingertips.
Who is the owner of Upstox?
Ravi Kumar leads Upstox as the Co-founder and CEO of the company. Kavitha Subramanian and Shrini Viswanath are also co-founders.
Is Upstox gold safe?
Yes, the digital gold you buy from Upstox is safe. Upstox is a registered entity and is regulated under regulations. All your investments are safe with it.
Does Upstox cheat?
Upstox is a trustworthy company. It is registered with SEBI. Upstox has membership with NSE, BSE, CDSL, NSDL, and MCX.
Can we do offline trading in Upstox?
Offline trading is when you place your trade order by calling your broker or visiting the stock broker’s office to place an order in person.
After receiving such a request, the stockbroker will verify your profile and execute the order accordingly.
Can we buy US stocks in Upstox?
Yes, Upstox online platform allows you to invest in US stocks.
How do I withdraw money from Upstox?
You can withdraw money from the Upstox application.
- Open Upstox mobile application.
- Log in with your ID and password.
- Go to the fund’s section in the app.
- Enter the amount you want to withdraw from your securities or commodities account.
How do I invest in Upstox for beginners?
Upstox is an excellent choice for beginners to start trading. Upstox is a convenient destination for any person to place orders for investments. You can search for the stock you want to buy. And place the order for the same.
What is the minimum amount I can invest in Upstox?
There is no minimum amount that is stipulated for investment with Upstox. You can invest as low as Rs. 100 or even lower depending upon your desire.
What is the Upstox limit?
A limit order is an order to buy a security at a particular price. In such orders, the trade is executed only when the specified price matches the security price.
Open Trading Account with Upstox – Fill up the Form Now!