Zerodha has been the game-changer in the online trading arena. With Zerodha Trading facilities, people who were afraid of the stock market before are now taking interest in it. Its huge heap of facilities and services for the traders and the investors are well sought for.
Zerodha has been tagged as the largest broker in the country by total active client base. Being a discount brokerage house, it has really cheap brokerage plans for the clients and trader and this is one of the most important reasons behind the huge clientele of the firm as well.
Here in this article below, we will discuss the various Zerodha Online Trading features, trading charges & brokerage plans. Apart from the same, we will also discuss the benefits that you will be getting when you trade on Zerodha’s platforms.
We will be talking about the trading platforms in the latter part of the article and the process of online trading and account opening as well.
Zerodha Trading and Benefits
There is a heap of benefits for using Zerodha Trading services and in this section of the article, we will be discussing the same.
- The first and foremost benefit of using the Zerodha Online Trading service is that you get to trade in bulk and pay charges in pennies. It refers to the very low brokerage charges which are charged by the firm as brokerage. You can trade any number of securities in a single order and still pay a very nominal fee which we will be discussing in the later section of the article.
- The second and another most important benefit of using Zerodha’s trading services is that you get to trade on the best trading platforms in the market at present. They, being the discount brokerage house have created trading platforms that are highly advanced in terms of technology and loads of features are there to assist you in your trading.
- They have various online stock market education programs that help the traders to learn new things about the market and for the new traders, it is extremely helpful.
- It also offers a three-in-one account which is a rare thing to expect from a discount brokerage house.
- They have all kinds of trading segments – equities, options and futures, and currencies and many others.
Open Trading Account with Zerodha – Fill up the Form Now!
Zerodha Trading Charges
|Transaction Charges||0.00325% of Total Turnover|
|STT Charges||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty Charges||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST Charges||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
The firm Zerodha has become so popular amongst the traders especially those who trade actively because of the Zerodha Trading Charges. The firm has a flat fee brokerage plan which we will discuss in detail in the next segments for each of the asset classes.
Apart from the brokerage that it charges for the trading services, there are some other charges that are levied while you trade. The charges include –
- Transaction charges are levied on the total turnover and the rate is 0.00325%.
- Then there are SEBI Turnover charges which are levied at 0.0002% of the total turnover.
- STT Charges is 0.0126% of the total amount of the transaction
- Stamp duty is also levied and it is as per the state you are trading from and it is super low.
- GST is also levied on the total amount of brokerage and transaction charges of an order.
Now, let us see the brokerage charges for individual segments or asset classes.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Upstox Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Nirmal Bang Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
Zerodha Delivery Trading
|Zerodha Delivery Charges|
For Delivery trades, the charges are nil. Yes, you heard that right, there is no brokerage charged for Zerodha Delivery Trading.
You can take delivery of shares as much as you want and need not pay any charges for those trades. However, the delivery of equities is only exempted from brokerage charges not delivery of another asset segment.
Zerodha Intraday Trading
For the Zerodha Intraday Trading service, you need to pay a flat fee of Rs.20 per order. So, if you are trading 1000 shares, you need to pay Rs.20 for the turnover and also Rs.20 for trading 1 lakh shares.
|Zerodha Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per Trade|
Intraday trading is one of the most sought after services of the company. It provides huge exposure and other benefits to the intraday traders apart from these low brokerage charges.
Zerodha Option Trading
For the derivatives section, and for Zerodha Option Trading, the charges remain the same and it is Rs.20 for each trade you make. Whether you buy one lot or more in order, the brokerage that gets levied on the transaction is Rs.20 only.
|Zerodha Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per Trade|
For options traders, it is highly beneficial as most of the brokerage houses charge hefty brokerage charges for the options segment.
Zerodha Futures Trading
|Zerodha Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||Rs.20 per Trade|
Similar to the option trading, the charge for the Zerodha Futures Trading is Rs.20 per trade. The firm has been charging this same price for every trade and for every segment.
Zerodha Currency Trading
The firm also provides currency trading facilities. For both types of Zerodha Currency Trading – currency futures and currency options, the brokerage is the same and it is Rs.20 per trade.
|Zerodha Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per Trade|
|Currency Futures||Rs.20 per Trade|
Here also the traders get the benefit as currency options carry high brokerage compared to other asset segments but with Zerodha you pay the same charge for any of the categories.
Zerodha Commodity Trading
|Zerodha Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per Trade|
Being a discount brokerage house, it provides a commodities trading facility which is a rare sight. The Zerodha Commodity Trading charges are also Rs.20 per trade and there are a lot of different commodities that you will find on the platform of this firm to trade.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Zerodha Online Trading Process
Zerodha provides three types of accounts that are Demat, trading and commodities account. The Zerodha Online Trading facilities can be availed by opening all these three or Demat and trading account only.
Here is the process of Zerodha Online Trading –
- For opening account, you have to click on the button, which has “Open Demat Account” written over it.
- Fill the form that pop-ups on the screen
- Company executives will then call you up, and ask you to Submit a form along with the required documents online
- Wait for the verification process to get over and you receive the account login details.
- Now using the user id and the password you have received on your mail, you need to login to the Zerodha website
- In the website you will find the trading platforms which you need to download
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- You have to download the trading platforms – terminal software, and mobile application
- Create the market watchlist by adding your favourite stocks
- Once you have created the market watchlist you can start trading
- Place an order by selecting the stock you want to trade
- You will find details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- Click on BUY or SELL option, to place your order.
Zerodha Online Trading Platforms
Zerodha Online Trading Platforms are highly advanced and one of the most powerful ones in the market at present.
- This company offers Zerodha App which is known as the Zerodha Kite mobile application. It is a lightweight mobile application having various features. It is one of the most used mobile trading application.
- There is Zerodha Pi which is the trading terminal offered by the firm. It is the desktop trading software that offers high-speed trading and order execution, highly responsive and has a huge collection of technical and analytical tools.
- Zerodha Trader is also a terminal software based on the NEST platform. It is a customized version of the NEST trader. It helps the trader to trade various asset segments but it has the basic features for trading, unlike Zerodha Pi.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Zerodha Trading – Conclusion
Zerodha Trading services can be availed for such cheap brokerage charges is really pocket-friendly for the traders especially those who trade in bulk.
The Zerodha Online Trading facility is available on all the trading platforms they offer which are highly advanced. Being a discount broker, it has the largest active clientele and that speaks about its quality of service.
Open Trading Account with Zerodha – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles
|Top 10 Discount Brokers in India|
|Top 10 Full Service Brokers in India|
|Best Stock Broker in India|
|Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Broker Comparison|
|Top 10 Broking Franchise|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Stock Market Franchise|