Zerodha Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Nov 16, 2022
Zerodha has been the game-changer in the online trading arena. With Zerodha Trading facilities, people who were afraid of the stock market before are now taking interest in it.
Its huge heap of facilities and services for the traders and the investors are well sought. Zerodha has been tagged as the largest broker in the country by total active client base.
Being a discount brokerage house, it has really cheap brokerage plans for the clients and traders, and this is one of the most important reasons behind the huge clientele of the firm as well.
Here in this article below, we will discuss the various Zerodha Online Trading features, trading charges & brokerage plans. Apart from the same, we will also discuss the benefits you will get when you trade on Zerodha’s platforms.
We will be talking about the trading platforms in the latter part of the article and the process of online trading and account opening.
Zerodha Trading and Benefits
Searching for a befitting trading companion which will work as per your command, we bring to you Zerodha, the Best Trading Account.
There are many benefits to using Zerodha Trading services, and in this section of the article, we will be discussing the same.
- The first and foremost benefit of using the Zerodha Online Trading service is that you get to trade in bulk and pay charges in pennies. It refers to the very low brokerage charges that the firm charges as brokerage. You can trade any number of securities in a single order and still pay a very nominal fee which we will be discussing in the later section of the article.
- The second and most important benefit of using Zerodha’s trading services is that you get to trade on the best trading platforms in the market. Being a discount brokerage house, they have created trading platforms that are highly advanced in terms of technology, and loads of features are there to assist you in your trading.
- They have various online stock market education programs that help the traders learn new things about the market and for new traders.
- It also offers a three-in-one account, which is rare to expect from a discount brokerage house.
- They have all kinds of trading segments – equities, options and futures, currencies, and many others.
- With this trading account, you also get access to free Kite app, find this out in Zerodha Review section.
Open Trading Account with Zerodha – Fill up the Form Now!
Zerodha Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||Rs 10 / Crore|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only)Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%. Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||18% + GST|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 25 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 30 per request|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 20 per ISIN|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledged/ Pledge closure||Rs 9 + Rs 5 per request CDSL fee|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 2 CDSL Fee|
The firm Zerodha has become so popular amongst the traders, especially those who trade actively, because of the Zerodha Trading Charges.
The firm has a flat fee brokerage plan which we will discuss in detail in the next segments for each asset class.
Apart from the brokerage that it charges for the trading services, some other charges are levied while you trade. The charges include:
- Transaction charges are levied on the total turnover, and the rate is 0.00325%.
- Then there are SEBI Turnover charges levied at Rs 10 / Crore of the total turnover.
- STT Charges is 0.0126% of the total amount of the transaction
- Stamp duty is also levied, and it is as per the state you are trading from, and it is super low.
- GST is also levied on the total brokerage and transaction charges of an order.
Let us see the brokerage charges for individual segments or asset classes.
To know more in detail, also check Zerodha Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Account you may also Like
- Upstox Trading Account
- Angel One Trading Account
- Groww Trading Account
- 5Paisa Trading Account
- IIFL Trading Account
Zerodha Delivery Trading
|Zerodha Delivery Charges|
For Delivery trades, the charges are nil. Yes, you heard that right; there is no brokerage charged for Zerodha Delivery Trading.
You can take delivery of shares as much as you want and need not pay any charges for those trades. However, the delivery of equities is only exempted from brokerage charges, not the delivery of another asset segment.
Zerodha Intraday Trading
|Zerodha Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
For the Zerodha Intraday Trading service, you need to pay a flat fee of 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower. So, if you are trading 1000 shares, you need to pay Rs.20 for the turnover and Rs.20 for trading 1 lakh shares.
Intraday trading is one of the most sought-after services of the company. Apart from these low brokerage charges, it provides huge exposure and benefits to intraday traders.
Zerodha Option Trading
|Zerodha Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per Trade|
For the derivatives section and Zerodha Option Trading, the charges remain the same, and it is Rs.20 for each trade you make. Whether you buy one lot or more in order, the brokerage that gets levied on the transaction is Rs.20 only.
It is highly beneficial for options traders as most brokerage houses charge hefty brokerage charges for the options segment.
Zerodha Futures Trading
|Zerodha Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
Similar to options trading, the charge for Zerodha Futures Trading is 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower. The firm has been charging this same price for every trade and segment.
Zerodha Currency Trading
|Zerodha Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
|Currency Futures||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
The firm also provides currency trading facilities. For both types of Zerodha Currency Trading – currency futures and currency options, the brokerage is the same, and it is 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower.
Here, the traders also get the benefit as currency options carry higher brokerage than other asset segments. Still, with Zerodha, you pay the same charge for any category.
Zerodha Commodity Trading
|Zerodha Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order whichever is lower|
Being a discount brokerage house, it provides a commodities trading facility that is rare. The Zerodha Commodity Trading charges are also 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower, and there are a lot of different commodities that you will find on the platform of this firm to trade.
Zerodha Online Trading Process
Zerodha provides three types of accounts: Demat, trading, and commodities. The Zerodha Online Trading facilities can be available by opening these three or Demat and trading accounts only.
Here is the process of Zerodha Online Trading:
- You have to click on the button, which has “Open Demat Account” written over it for opening an account.
- Fill out the form that pop-ups on the screen
- Company executives will then call you up and ask you to submit a form along with the required documents online
- Wait for the verification process to get over, and you receive the account login details.
- Now using the user id and the password you have received in your mail, you need to login to the Zerodha website
- On the website, you will find the trading platforms which you need to download.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- You have to download the trading platforms – terminal software, and mobile application
- Create the market watchlist by adding your favorite stocks
- Once you have created the market watchlist, you can start trading
- Place an order by selecting the stock you want to trade
- You will find details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- Click on the BUY or SELL option to place your order.
Zerodha Online Trading Platforms
Zerodha Online Trading Platforms are highly advanced and one of the most powerful ones in the market.
- This company offers Zerodha App, known as the Zerodha Kite mobile application. It is a lightweight mobile application having various features. It is one of the most used mobile trading applications.
- There is Zerodha Pi which is the trading terminal offered by the firm. The desktop trading software offers high-speed trading and order execution, is highly responsive, and has a huge collection of technical and analytical tools.
- Zerodha Trader is also a terminal software based on the NEST platform. It is a customized version of the NEST trader. It helps the trader trade various asset segments, but it has the basic features for trading, unlike Zerodha Pi.
Zerodha Trading – Conclusion
Zerodha Trading services can be availed for such cheap brokerage charges is pocket-friendly for the traders, especially those who trade in bulk.
The Zerodha Online Trading facility is available on all the trading platforms they offer, which are highly advanced. Being a discount broker, it has the largest active clientele, which speaks about its quality of service.
Zerodha Online Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Zerodha online trading:
Does Zerodha provide Online Trading?
Zerodha has taken the world of online trading by storm. People have started gaining interest and thrill in the area of the stock market solely because of Zerodha and its brilliance. It has an enormous range of facilities for every trader and investor, which allows for keeping a static balance.
What are the Charges in Zerodha?
First and foremost, the transaction charges are levied at 0.00325%. Then comes the SEBI Turnover charges levied at Rs 10 / Crore. Following this is the STT Charge of 0.0126%, Stamp duty according to the State and GST, and transaction charges on that particular order.
Does Zerodha provide Delivery Trading?
Zerodha does provide delivery trading. And the charges? Absolutely nothing as such. There’s no brokerage fee whatsoever to be levied on any transaction.
Is delivery trading Free at Zerodha?
Delivery trading is free at Zerodha. They don’t charge you a penny for any turnover transaction. The delivery of shares is unlimited, and so is happiness. Nevertheless, the delivery of equities is still taken from the brokerage fee.
Does Zerodha provide Option Trading?
Zerodha does provide Option trading in its firm. The charges aren’t that high, which again makes you want to stay and do subtle research on all the allowances this firm assures you.
What are Option Trading Charges at Zerodha?
Option trading charges at Zerodha are really low. It is only Rs.20 for each trade that you make. Whether or not you buy one lot, the brokerage fee that gets levied on its transaction has to be Rs.20, nothing more and definitely nothing less.
Does Zerodha provide Futures Trading?
Zerodha does provide Futures trading just like it does with options trading. The Future trading is a similar 20 bucks for every trade that happens. This is the price Zerodha has been charging for every other segment.
What is Futures brokerage at Zerodha?
It is a meagre 0.03% or Rs. 20/executed order, whichever is lower for every trade that the client makes in the firm, regardless of the lots they buy. This has been going on for a long time, and needless to say, Zerodha has been quite a performer and manager.
Is Zerodha safe for trading?
It goes without saying how safe and sound Zerodha is for trading purposes. Not only are they extremely cheap but also quick and worthy. It is available on every trading platform that is pretty advanced, to be fair. It has one of the highest digits in the customer base, which speaks a lot about how efficient the firm is.
Does Zerodha provide Trading Tips?
Zerodha provides many trading tips to all the newbies who are undoubtedly ecstatic to learn about the company and what they are getting themselves into. Zerodha has a lot of online stock market education programs that aid in their assistance. It also offers an account which is a rarity. Having all sorts of segments in their firm, Zerodha is a pretty decent one.
Is Zerodha good for beginners?
Zerodha is one of the best financial service provider companies. It comprises all types of securities which lays out numerous investment and trading opportunities for the customers. The brokerages charged by Zerodha are inexpensive and accessible by every type of investor. Also, it has multiple trading platforms to cater to the requirements.
Is Zerodha free for trading?
Zerodha is the largest stockbroker operating in India presently. Zerodha offers Free Equity Delivery trades.
Does Zerodha help in trading?
Yes, the Zerodha platform does not provide any advisory services. Zerodha has designed an educational app called Varsity, which allows investors to learn from basics to advance the stock market and trading.
How does Zerodha trading work?
Zerodha is a technology-driven entity and uses an online platform to facilitate its services to its customers. You can easily trade in any security from the online trading platform.
Why is Zerodha not good?
Zerodha is a reliable discount broker whose brokerage is easily accessible. Zerodha offers various types of securities to trade. You can invest in equity shares, commodities, currency, mutual funds, IPOs, SIP, and other securities and enhance your money’s worth.
How do I pay my Zerodha annual fee?
You can pay your Annual maintenance Charges or AMC online in easy steps:
- Go to the link: https://www.ilfsdp.com/eko-pay.asp
- Choose the DP ID of your Depository Participant and enter your client ID.
- Your outstanding charges will appear.
- You can pay the charges by debit card/credit card/internet banking.
Or you can also consent to deduct your charges automatically from your registered account.
Is demat account free in Zerodha?
No, Zerodha charges Rs. 200 for the Demat and Trading account opening.
How do I start trading?
To start trading, you must open a Demat and Trading Account with a Depository Participant.
- Choose a good stockbroker to open and maintain a Demat account with.
- Fill out the Account Opening Form.
- Submit your documents for identity proof and address proof.
- The stockbroker will verify your details and, after that, will process your account opening process.
- After the verification, you will have your trading account.
Does Zerodha charge monthly?
No, Zerodha does not charge monthly. You can pay the AMC quarterly or yearly.
Is Zerodha registered with SEBI?
Yes, Zerodha is registered with SEBI having registration no. INZ000031633. Zerodha is a Trading member of BSE and NSE.
What is a limit in Zerodha?
A limit order is where you place the order to buy a stock at the specified price. Here the order is executed when the stock price matches your price.
What is type in Zerodha?
An order type states a specific set of instructions to place enter or exit trade on the platform. Basic order types are market, limit, and stop loss.
What is validity in the Zerodha app?
Validity in the Zerodha app means the period for which an order is valid to be executed. There are approaches like Immediate or Cancel orders (IOC) and Day orders.
How can I buy shares in Kite Zerodha?
To buy shares on Kite,
- Log in to the Kite website or mobile app.
- Add the stock you want to buy to your watchlist.
- Click on the stock you want to buy.
- Click on ‘Buy.’
- Enter the order type, quantity, and price.
- Click on ‘Buy’ to place the order.
Is Zerodha legal in India?
Yes, Zerodha is an Indian company. It is registered with SEBI and operates as a discount broker in India. It offers to trade in securities on the Zerodha trading platform.
Open Trading Account with Zerodha – Fill up the Form Now!