Gold is undoubtedly treated as the most auspicious metal across India. This Article has been created with a focus on gold rate in Tamil Nadu.
This will give you a detailed understanding of gold rate in Tamil Nadu today. In fact, you may treat this article as a source to get the idea about gild rate in Tamil Nadu live.
The fact that its price is on a constant upraise is definitely generating a lot of curiosity among Indians. However, even this fluctuation has something good about it and, that’s why we’ve created this article. So, we’ll discuss all about the 22 and 24 carat gold prices.
We’ll talk about certain historical data around it. We’ll give you an understanding as to how and why the gold prices vary in Tamil Nadu.
22 Carat Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu – Gold Price in Tamil Nadu Today
Also, Check out the Silver Rate in Tamil Nadu Today
Indians are way too much attached to their gold. In fact, Indian households are known to possess over 25,000 tonnes of gold and, most of that gold exists in the form of some jewellery. This brings us to the matter of 22 carat gold.
22 carat gold is used in creating most gold jewellery. That’s why this section tells you about 22 carat gold rate in Tamil Nadu. It even gives you sufficient data to compare gold price in Tamil Nadu today to its historical prices.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu Today – Gold Price in TN
24 carat gold is even known as pure gold. It is used majorly for retention purposes. In other words, it is used to mould gold bricks and bars. These bars and bricks are stored as assets by trading institution, central banks and business people.
They’re even used to further create 22 or 18 carat gold. That’s why 24 carat gold is priced more than 22 and 18 carat gold.
This section talks about the figures of 24 carat gold rate in TN. It grants you yesterday’s, today’s and also the change% of gold price in Tamil Nadu.
Check out some amazing Gold Calculators
|Tamil Nadu Gold Investment Calculator||Gold Rate Calculator of Tamil Nadu|
|Gold Investment Comparison||Gold Rate Comparison|
Gold Price in Tamil Nadu for Last 15 Days
Given the recent circumstances, gold price in Tamil Nadu is changing like crazy. The price for both 22 and 24 carat gold has been on a mild but constant inclination.
This part of the article presents data to help you understand the shift. In fact, it’ll give you a clear picture of gold rate in Tamil Nadu in the last 15 days.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Tirunelveli||Gold Rate in Ahmedabad||Gold Rate in Odisha||Gold Rate in Indore|
|Gold Rate in Udupi||Gold Rate in Chandigarh||Gold Rate in Patna||Gold Rate in Kanpur|
|Gold Rate in Warangal||Gold Rate in Goa||Gold Rate in Coimbatore||Gold Rate in Madurai|
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Tamil Nadu – Also Past Gold Price in Tamil Nadu
A lot of factors come into play in order to finalize gold rate on a daily basis. Tamil Nadu is not much different than the rest of the country.
Therefore, it requires keen understanding of gold rate fluctuations to be an investor in gold. That’s why we’ve prepared a specific graph.
This graph tells you about the pattern in which the rate of change takes place. In short, it tells you all about percentage change in gold rate in Tamil Nadu.
Gold Price in Tamil Nadu – Past 6 Months Price
We’ve already mentioned the current position of gold rate in Tamil Nadu. However, you must understand that like any other product, gold price too has a pattern and, it’s important for investors to figure that out. This helps them to make informed decision about their investment.
This section serves that exact purpose. It enables you to grasp the pattern of price change for gold in the last six months.
July 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,755||₹ 4,875|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,750||₹ 4,870|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,795||₹ 4,915|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,875||₹ 4,995|
|31-07-2020||₹ 5,220||₹ 5,320|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 5,220||₹ 5,320|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,690||₹ 4,810|
You can take a brief view of the Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu for the month of July. We have taken into account the major price fluctuations, giving you the idea of the probable future price flow. You can make better investments and aim for long intervals investment based on the data we are providing.
- Check the highest price of the metal and also the lowest price of the metal in the entire month, as given in the table.
- Stating the change which took place in the entire month, it was 11.30% for the 22 carat gold, and 10.60% for the 24 carat gold.
- This was a proportionately high change in the price of the metal, as compared to the general rise which happens.
- Now, the highest price threshold for the 22 carat gold was Rs.5220 and the 24 carat gold was Rs.5320.
- On the other end, the lowest price of the metal for the 22 carat gold category was Rs.4690 and Rs.4810 was for the 24 carat category.
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,512||₹ 4,922|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,435||₹ 4,842|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,532||₹ 4,945|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,538||₹ 4,950|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,627||₹ 5,048|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,645||₹ 5,066|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,427||₹ 4,835|
Tamil Nadu is one of the states of India that record the highest sales in gold jewelry with a huge amount of transaction every day. June 2020 saw a downfall in sales in this state as it was locked down due to the outbreak of a severe pandemic. Readers will get an overview of the performance of this metal from the points given below.
- The rate of one gram of 22 Ct Gold fluctuated between Rs.4645 and Rs.4427 in this month
- The maximum and minimum rates for a gram of 24 Ct Gold were Rs.5,066 and Rs.4835 respectively
- 22 Ct Gold increased gradually throughout the month with small fluctuations
- The price of 24 Ct Gold dropped in the second week of June but again caught the upward pace in the third week
- An average performance percentage was calculated in gold rate which was 4.92% in 22 Ct and 4.78% in 24 Ct
May 2020, Gold Rates in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,341||₹ 4,585|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,449||₹ 4,692|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,484||₹ 4,787|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,487||₹ 4,868|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,509||₹ 4,916|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,592||₹ 4,967|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,341||₹ 4,585|
May foresaw the last phase of nationwide lockdown and, that impacted the gold rates in Tamil Nadu a lot.
That’s why the table underneath holds all data pertaining to gold rate movement throughout this month. However, in case you find the table difficult to decipher, we’ve got your back.
You may always look into the following points as mentioned below:
- The table considers 5 major points of draft. These points are separated by seven days each. Moreover, each of them establishes a certain change in gold rate in Tamil Nadu per gram.
- 22 carat gold reached its maximum at Rs. 4,592 in May 2020. However, the highest price for 24 carat gold went to Rs. 4,967.
- The lowest record for 22 carat gold prices in May 2020 was worth Rs. 4,341. However, the same record for 24 carat gold was worth Rs. 4,585.
- You may observe a steady raise in the overall price for both 22 and 24 carat segments. Both the segments’ rates increased chronologically from beginning to end of the month.
- 22 carat gold performed at 5.78%. However, 24 carat gold rate performed at 8.33% throughout the month.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in TN
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 3,960||₹ 4,152|
|08-04-2020||₹ 4,025||₹ 4,420|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,357||₹ 4,651|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,297||₹ 4,587|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,395||₹ 4,637|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,474||₹ 4,686|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 3,955||₹ 4,152|
This section registers the gold rate movement in TN during April 2020. So, here are some major take away from the table beneath:
- Lowest 22 carat gold rate during April 2020 was Rs. 3,955. However, lowest 24 carat gold rate in Tamil Nadu per gram was Rs. 4,152.
- Highest 24 carat gold rate in Tamil Nadu was drafted for Rs. 4,474. On the other hand, the same parameter for 24 carat gold was recorded at Rs. 4,686.
- The price for 22 carat gold kept on increasing till 3rd It again increased post a minor fall on the 4th week.
- This can even be said about the 24 carat gold pattern in April 2020. However, the 24 carat gold rate saw most increment during the 2nd
- 22 carat gold rate performed at 13.12% throughout the month. However, the 24 carat gold rate went through 12.86% worth change in April 2020.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 3,991||₹ 4,191|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,213||₹ 4,420|
|15-03-2020||₹ 4,024||₹ 4,227|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,967||₹ 4,167|
|30-03-2020||₹ 3,955||₹ 4,157|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,232||₹ 4,446|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,840||₹ 4,029|
Gold price movement in Tamil Nadu has been very interesting recently. This was especially true for the month of March 2020. Here’s our take from the table above:
- The table describes about gold price in Tamil Nadu per gram. So, the highest 22 carat gold price in March 2020 was Rs. 4,232. However, the highest 24 carat gold price in march 2020 was Rs. 4,446.
- Lowest 22 carat gold price in march 2020 was recorded to be Rs. 3,840.
- The same for 24 carat gold was recorded at Rs. 4,029.
- Rates of both 22 and 24 carat gold inclined in the first week of the month. However, we observe a slight downfall post the 2nd week and till last week.
- Both the segments performed at 10.21% and 10.35% respectively. This has still been the highest percentage change in a month of 2020 so far.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,888||₹ 4,079|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,874||₹ 4,066|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,929||₹ 4,079|
|22-02-2020||₹ 4,077||₹ 4,283|
|29-02-2020||₹ 3,993||₹ 4,188|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 4,105||₹ 4,309|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,844||₹ 4,036|
We’ve dedicated this section to the change in gold rate across Feb 2020. The rates are specific to Tamil Nadu and, the table underneath shows gold rate in Tamil Nadu per gram throughout Feb 2020. Anyway, here’s how it all went:
- Least 22 carat gold rate in Tamil Nadu for Feb 2020 was Rs. 3,844. However, least 24 carat gold rate was recorded at Rs. 4,036.
- The variation in highest 22 and 24 carat gold rates differed by nearly Rs. 200.
- 22 carat Gold price went as high as Rs. 4,105 in Feb 2020. However, the 24 carat gold price recorded a high of Rs. 4,309 per gram.
- Both 22 and 24 carat gold rates showed a zig zag curve. The crest of the graphs was recorded at 1st, 3rd and 5th However, the troughs were recorded during 2nd and 4th weeks.
- 22 carat gold rates registered a change worth 6.79%. However, the rate of change for 24 carat gold rates in FY 2020 was worth 6.76%.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Tamil Nadu
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,746||₹ 3,930|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,934||₹ 4,133|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,808||₹ 3,992|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,814||₹ 4,001|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,859||₹ 4,053|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,934||₹ 4,133|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,734||₹ 3,925|
Gold price in Tamil Nadu keeps on shifting on a daily basis and, there are a lot of factors that make it happen. This part is a description of how 22 carat gold price in Tamil Nadu changed during Jan 2020. So, take a closer look:
- The highest price for 22 carat gold in Jan 2020 was Rs. 3,934. However, the highest rate for 24 carat went as high as Rs. 4,133.
- Rs.3,734 was the lowest price ever for 22 carat gold in Jan. The rate of 24 carat gold never went any less than Rs. 3,925.
- You can find a rate of both 22 and 24 carat gold rising during the 2nd The rates dropped a lot by the 3rd week nonetheless. Although, the rate again picked up the growth attribute, they never went as high as the 2nd week.
- 22 carat gold pitched in at merely 5.36%.
- 24 carat gold recorded for a performance worth 5.30%.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in TN
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,652||₹ 3,834|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,618||₹ 3,800|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,630||₹ 3,808|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,642||₹ 3,826|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,733||₹ 3,915|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,740||₹ 3,928|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,595||₹ 3,772|
We’ve included the change in gold rate in Tamil Nadu for Dec 2019 in here. It consists of 24 carat gold rate in TN throughout Dec 2019. It even describes about the 22 carat gold price. Just take a look and you’ll understand:
- 22 carat gold rate in Dec 2019 was highest during the 5th It was recorded at Rs. 3,740.
- 24 carat gold rate on the other hand went as high as Rs. 3,928. However, even this rate was acquired during the 5th week of the month.
- The lowest rates for 22 and 24 carat gold were Rs. 3,5959 and Rs. 3,772.
- The overall difference in the highest and lowest rate of both categories went nearly as much as Rs. 140.
- Both the segments performed well within expectations. The 22 carat gold rates went for 4.03%. However, the 24 carat gold rates recorded 4.14% performance.
Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu – Trend in 2020
Today gold rate in Tamil Nadu opened at Rs.4,610 per gram. This is obviously more than the previous day. In fact, the entire gold rate trend in Tamil Nadu for 2020 has been up.
The 22 carat gold rate was positioned at Rs.3,735 per gram on 1st Jan. The price for 24 carat however, was positioned at Rs. 3,922 per gram then.
Both categories have shown positive inclination throughout the year so far. Although, the graphs for the price change in 22 and 24 carat gold are different. The first one plots 5 major up trends. However, the second one has only four.
Moreover, the second one shows a steep downfall around 9th June, which is not the case for the first graph. In fact, the first one shows an uptrend on the same day.
Having that said, we must acknowledge that both graphs are almost identical till 6th April 2020 and, the gold rate for both categories have been on an uptrend overall.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
Gold Rate in TN – Trend in 2019
Gold trend in 2019 in TN was categorically different than 2020 and, this can easily be determined by the historical gold rate in Tamil Nadu.
The lowest and highest 24 carat rates were Rs. 3,205 and Rs. 4,069 throughout the year. There were certainly a lot more fluctuations in the price as well.
The rate chart shows a constant fluctuation in high and low throughout the year for this segment. We see a huge difference in June 2019 rates which varied by Rs. 450 per gram.
Another such difference can be spotted during July 2019. Here we see a difference of Rs. 440 between the high and low of the rates.
22 carat gold rates showed more consistency in 2019 nonetheless. The lowest and highest records of it were worth Rs. 2,992 and Rs. 3,730 per gram.
Although, we must acknowledge that it went through some sever down trends as well. It started off with Rs. 3,017 in Jan, and went all the way up to Rs. 3,730 in Dec 2019.
You can spot a severe down trend in between March to May 2019. This is the period when the rates were recorded at the lowest.
However, there was also a steep inclination in August 2019 to counter the down trend. This time the difference between highest and lowest went straight up to Rs. 403. The trend has been upwards throughout the year nonetheless.
What makes Gold Rates in Tamil Nadu to increase?
We’ve already mentioned the gold rate in Tamil Nadu as on today and, we’ve even told you that the gold rate is on an up trend in 2020 so far.
However, we feel that is not enough for the investors tending to invest on the yellow metal. We even believe that you must understand the core reasons that raise the price of gold in the first place. So, here’s how it all happens:
- Pan Asian culture depicts gold as a prized possession. That’s why India is one of the largest importers of gold in the entire world. So, the up trend in gold price in Tamil Nadu and all other Indian cities is determined by international rates of the metal.
- Gold is even viewed as the balancing element for investment portfolios. Investors tend to hoard gold to stay safe during economic downfalls. Since the entire world economy is on a declination, therefore, the gold price tends to rise.
What makes Gold Price in Tamil Nadu to decrease?
There are several reasons why gold price in Tamil Nadu declines and, neither one of them can or should be considered as conclusive. Anyway, here the reasons why gold price declines:
- Irrespective of its value in our culture, gold is an article after all and, that makes it susceptible to the law of demand and supply. This means, that after a certain raise in price, the demand of gold decreases for households falls. This creates a negative impact on the article’s suppliers and, thus the price is again lowered.
- International trade policies also impact the gold prices. So, we import gold in huge quantities. Thus, the gold price in Tamil Nadu and other Indian states include the transportation charges as well. This also means that the gold price comes down every time the transportation charges come down.
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in TN?
Gold rate in TN today was established after including multiple parameters. One of the major parameters include the policies of the Central Banks.
You see, banks hold on to gold as a measure of economic safety. They tend to lose their gold reserves in times of economic crises.
This enables them to generate funds and balance the value of the Indian Rupee in contrast of the U.S. Dollar. In short, the gold prices elevate as the value of the Indian Rupee depreciates.
This condition stays the same during counteractive situations. This means that the gold prices drop when the Indian Rupee elevates in value.
Why Gold Price in Tamil Nadu is different from other Cities?
Multiple factors play in while determining the gold price in Tamil Nadu. However, we’ve managed to compile a list of the most dominating factors. So, just take a look at it:
- As mentioned above, the policies laid down by the RBI has a direct impact on gold. However, it is always the state based council that determines the final price and, they take into consideration the transportation charges, in-state demand and local festivals to start with.
- Another important fact that contributes to this, is the quantity of gold being ordered within the state. In simple terms, higher quantities fetch lesser transportation and security charges altogether. Thus, the added price in terms of certain taxes gets lowered as well.
What is Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu 916 Hallmark gold?
Gold has always been a prized possession for Indian. However, this also gives rise to the probability of forgery. That’s why the BIS was created in the first place.
The Bureau of Indian Standards recognizes a certain pattern in pure gold. It even has categorized the 22 and 24 carat gold for better understanding.
Anyway, 916 gold is believed to be the most potent in market terms. It’s basically 91.6% pure gold. The rest of it is other metals like alloy and, most importantly, gold rate in Tamil Nadu for the 916 category today is similar to 22 carat gold price.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in TN?
This part is all about the tax on gold rate in TN at present. Much like all states of India, Tamil Nadu is required to pay an import tax worth 10%.
The buyers from the state even need to pay a GST amount worth 3% and, that’s not all. The buyers are further incurred with another 5% in case they consider turning their gold into jewellery.
Gold Rate in Tamil Nadu – Conclusion
This entire article has been created to inform you all about the gold rate in Tamil Nadu. We’ve included a lot of charts, graphs and obviously historical data within this article and, we’ve ensured to incorporate the data from most reliable public sources.
Anyway, we hope that this article proves to be helpful for you and, we even hope that your investment in gold fetches you good profit.
Most Read Articles