In this article, you will read about the Gold Rate in Chennai and for any investor, it is important to know Gold Rate in Chennai Today if he or she is investing n the commodity. The information will provide in this article can help you construct your analysis of gold prices in the city.
Gold is known to everyone whether they invest in it or purchase as ornaments or even if they do nothing of these two. In India, gold is kind of a metric of your status and success, though this concept and thinking are changing with time it is still regarded as one of the safest assets to invest in especially during the time of crisis.
We will give you Gold Rate in Chennai Live as well as historical data for the past six months so that you can analyze the price trend. Whether there has been a surge in the price or decline, we will talk about it all in the write-up given below.
22 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai – Gold Price in Chennai Today
In this section, you can see a table which has 22 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai for different quantity of gold. This table shows the Gold Price in Chennai Today for 1 gram of gold as per the current price, it also has the price of the past trading session for comparison.
You can see the change in the price of 22 Carat gold within 24 hours just by looking at this table. The performance of the 22 Ct. gold is prominently mentioned so that you can have a clearer idea about its change in absolute and percentage terms.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai Today – Gold Price in Chennai
In this section, you will read about the 24 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai. As you can see in the table above, the Pure Gold Price in Chennai is given for 1 gram. The table also showcases the performance of the gold for the previous day and the present day.
It has the change in absolute terms mentioned in it and also you can check the change percentage for all the quantities provided in the table.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Kochi||Gold Rate in India||Gold Rate in Kerala||Gold Rate in Mysore|
|Gold Rate in Bangalore||Gold Rate in Delhi||Gold Rate in Hyderabad||Gold Rate in Vizag|
|Gold Rate in Mumbai||Gold Rate in Pune||Gold Rate in Kolkata||Gold Rate in Jaipur|
Gold Price in Chennai for Last 15 Days
This section has all the Gold Price in Chennai in the last 15 days and you can get a complete list of these prices just looking at this table.
As you can see in the table above that there are prices of both 22 Carat gold and also for the purest gold to date which is 24 Carat Gold.
You can compare the price changes and also understand the trend of the price of the gold as you get all fifteen days of information in one place.
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Chennai – Also Past Gold Price in Chennai
A graphical representation of Gold Rate in Chennai is given in this section which can help you understand the trend, the price movement of the Gold Rate in Chennai easily.
If you are a technical analyst or a trader, then it can be highly beneficial for your analysis purpose. The graphical representation is anytime great to understand and observe price movements.
Gold Price in Chennai – Past 6 Months Price
In the sub-sections below we will mention the details about the Gold Rate in Chennai for the past six months.
You can find the prices, change, performance, and other details of both 24 Carat and 22 Carat gold in the next six sections for the past six months starting from May 2020.
July 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,674||₹ 5,095|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,678||₹ 5,099|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,713||₹ 5,129|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,785||₹ 5,220|
|31-07-2020||₹ 5,125||₹ 5,582|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 5,125||₹ 5,582|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,610||₹ 5,062|
With the tight data in hand, we have constructed this section to provide you the idea of the Gold Rate in Chennai for the month of July. The recent price trends are all mentioned in this section, providing you the idea of the how gold prices fluctuated in the month.
- The table you see in this section gives the idea of the price level so the metal gold. You can see the highest and the lowest price level as per happenings of the month.
- As per the data given in the table, we can see that the change in the price levels was massive, which is barely seen.
- Mentioning the exact figures we have the information of the change in price for both the category gold. For the 22 carat gold, the percentage was 11.17%, whereas it was 10.27% for the 24 carat gold.
- Now, the commutation of change was done on the basis of highest and the lowest price level of 22 carat gold, which stood at Rs.5125 and Rs.4610.
- In the exact manner as it was commuted for 22 carat gold, change in 24 carat gold was discovered using the highest price of Rs.5582 and lowest price of Rs.5062.
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,512||₹ 4,922|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,435||₹ 4,842|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,532||₹ 4,945|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,538||₹ 4,950|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,627||₹ 5,048|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,645||₹ 5,066|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,427||₹ 4,835|
The best way to understand the trends of Gold Rate in Chennai is tabular representation. So, here is the data for the month of June, provided in table. Check out the related stats, followed by the explanation.
- For the ease of study, we have the rates of major timelines of the month, i.e. the first day from each week. You will encounter both the category price frequencies.
- Frequency of change as encountered across the entire month was 4.92% and 4.78%.
- We can see that the change was commuted on account of the highest price and the lowest price and showed a noticeable change.
- Highest recorded price was Rs.4645 and Rs.5066.
- Lowest recorded price on the other end was Rs.4427 and Rs.4835
May 2020, Gold Rates in Chennai
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,341||₹ 4,585|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,449||₹ 4,692|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,484||₹ 4,787|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,487||₹ 4,868|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,509||₹ 4,916|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,592||₹ 4,967|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,341||₹ 4,585|
In this section, you will find detailed information about the Gold Rates in Chennai for May. If you are a trader, then you must track the gold price for every day and every month, and here are the details for May for both 22 Ct. and 24 Ct. Gold.
- The performance of 22 Carat gold as well as the 24 Carat gold has developed this month. Both types of gold have gained 5.78% and 8.33% and that is a good sign for the investors and traders.
- For the whole month, the price has increased gradually as you can see in the table. The table has prices for both the gold for each of the weeks and thus you can understand from the given prices that it has increased over time.
- The highest price for the 22-carat gold was Rs.4,592 while the lowest was Rs.4341 and this shows that there was not much fluctuation in the price for May and the prices were increasing at its own pace.
- Similarly, for the 24 Carat gold, the highest and the lowest prices are Rs.4,967 and Rs.4585 respectively. However, here you can see a little bit of fluctuation on the higher side in the price of the commodity.
- While for the 22 Carat gold, the price increased gradually over the whole month, for 24 Carat gold, the price jumped or spiked at a higher rate.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 3,960||₹ 4,152|
|08-04-2020||₹ 4,025||₹ 4,420|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,357||₹ 4,651|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,297||₹ 4,587|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,395||₹ 4,637|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,474||₹ 4,686|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 3,955||₹ 4,152|
For April which marks the starting of the financial year, the Gold Rate Movement in Chennai is given in the section and the table above.
- The prices are given with an interval of one week as you can see in the table. It starts at the beginning of the month and ends on the 30th of April. As you can see the prices for both types of gold are given over here.
- The 22 Carat gold price in Chennai increased in the starting few weeks of April and then dropped and again increased by the end of the month.
- For the 24 Carat gold, we see a sudden jump in the prices at the beginning of the month – 1st and 2nd week, and then it decreased once in the third week and then again picked up momentum in the last week of the month.
- The performance of both the gold was around average while the 22 Carat gold gained more than 24 Carat gold in this month and increase 13.12% while the latter increased by only 12.86%.
- The highest and lowest prices of 22 Carat gold are Rs. 4474 and Rs. 3955 which shows a wide difference and depicts the fluctuation in the price for this month.
- Similarly, for the 24 Carat gold, the fluctuation was higher as the highest price was Rs. 4686 and the lowest being Rs. 4152 only.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 3,991||₹ 4,191|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,213||₹ 4,420|
|15-03-2020||₹ 4,024||₹ 4,227|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,967||₹ 4,167|
|30-03-2020||₹ 3,955||₹ 4,157|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,232||₹ 4,446|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,840||₹ 4,029|
Gold Price Movement in Chennai for March is given in this section. This month of 2020 marked the beginning of the pandemic situation we are in at right present and thus the prices were little bit fluctuating and you can understand the same looking the table above and the details are given below-
- The price of 22-carat gold increased for the initial two weeks of the month as you can see the table above and then dipped for the rest of the month.
- Similarly, for the 24 Carat gold, the prices in the city of Chennai initially increased in the first two weeks of March and then started dipping.
- The overall performance of both the gold types in the city of Chennai was really good because of the initial spike in the prices. Both types of gold increased by 10.21% and 10.35% in this month.
- The highest and the lowest prices of 22 Carat gold recorded in this month was Rs. 4232 and Rs. 3840 which shows a gap of almost Rs. 400 and that depicts there was quite a fluctuation in the price for this month.
- For the 24 Carat gold, the price was also fluctuating as depicted by its highest Rs. 4446 and lowest price of Rs. 4029.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,888||₹ 4,079|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,874||₹ 4,066|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,929||₹ 4,079|
|22-02-2020||₹ 4,077||₹ 4,283|
|29-02-2020||₹ 3,993||₹ 4,188|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 4,105||₹ 4,309|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,844||₹ 4,036|
The table and the details given here are for Gold Rate in Chennai per gram for February 2020. You will get all the details about the gold prices of both 22 carats and 24 carat gold in this section for the given month –
- The 22 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai fluctuated throughout February as you can understand looking at the table given above. The price went up and down throughout the month.
- The highest and the lowest price achieved by this gold were Rs. 4105 and Rs. 3844 which has a difference of around Rs. 300 (approx.) and thus it can be said, that though there were fluctuations throughout the month, the rate of fluctuation wasn’t that high.
- For the 24 Carat gold, the highest price was Rs. 4309 and the lowest was Rs. 4036 which also depicts an average fluctuation.
- The price of 24 Carat gold increased significantly in the third week of the month but then dipped in the later week.
- The performance of the 24 carats and 22-carat gold was around 6.79% and 6.76% respectively.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,746||₹ 3,930|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,934||₹ 4,133|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,808||₹ 3,992|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,814||₹ 4,001|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,859||₹ 4,053|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,934||₹ 4,133|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,734||₹ 3,925|
In this section, you will find the Gold Price in Chennai for January 2020. The section has a table as you can see and the details are discussed below –
- As you can see the table is given above which has the prices of both the gold – 22 Carat and 24 Carat at a particular interval of one week.
- The rate of 22 ct. gold fluctuated throughout the month but without any huge surge or dip in the price. For the 24 ct. gold there was a surge at the beginning of the month and then a dip in the next week as you can see in the table, otherwise it was also quite stable this month.
- The highest and the lowest price for 22-carat gold was Rs. 3934 and Rs. 3734 which shows a gap of exactly Rs. 200 which is feasible and suggests that the gold price didn’t jump or fell that much.
- The performance metric shows an increase in the overall percentage for the 22 Carat gold for January and the price increased by 5.36%.
- For the 24 Carat gold, similarly, the performance was overall good and also jumped by 5.30%.
- The highest and the lowest price for 24 Carat gold was Rs. 4133 and Rs. 3925 which shows a medium difference and not huge fluctuation in the price of the purest form of gold for this month.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in Chennai
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,652||₹ 3,834|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,618||₹ 3,800|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,630||₹ 3,808|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,642||₹ 3,826|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,733||₹ 3,915|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,740||₹ 3,928|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,595||₹ 3,772|
For understanding how Gold Rate in Chennai performed for December 2019, you need to take a look at the table given below along with the details –
- Overall performance of both 22 Carat and 24 Carat gold was average and both increased by 4.03% and 4.14% in this month respectively.
- The highest and the lowest price for the 24 Carat gold was Rs. 3928 and Rs. 3772 which shows there was a very nominal fluctuation in the price of this gold this month.
- Similarly, for the 22-carat gold, the price didn’t fluctuate that much and thus the highest and the lowest prices are pretty close to each other like Rs. 3740 and Rs. 3595 respectively.
- There was no huge surge or enormous fall in the price of the 24 Carat Gold Rate in Chennai and also not for 22 carat gold for this month.
Gold Rate in Chennai – Trend in 2020
Gold rate varies on various factors and one of the crucial of all is the economic situation or a global cue.
This year marked a place for itself in world history with the never seen COVID-19 crisis and Indian economy which was already in turmoil in the pre-COVID period almost got destroyed during this crisis.
Due to this crisis, both investors and traders are looking for safe means of investment or a haven which is undoubtedly gold for many.
This is why the gold prices fluctuated a lot this year and also economists and eminent financial analysts are predicting that the gold prices can even touch new highs this year due to high demand.
Gold Rate Trend in Chennai also predicts the same as the economy completely succumbs and Chennai is one of the top cities where this crisis hit hard so investors are converting their investments into gold which is spiking up the gold prices.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
|Gold Rate in Tirunelveli||Gold Rate in Ahmedabad||Gold Rate in Odisha||Gold Rate in Indore|
|Gold Rate in Udupi||Gold Rate in Chandigarh||Gold Rate in Patna||Gold Rate in Kanpur|
|Gold Rate in Warangal||Gold Rate in Goa||Gold Rate in Coimbatore||Gold Rate in Madurai|
Gold Rate in Chennai – Trend in 2019
Gold Rate Trend 2019 in Chennai was pretty normal at the beginning of the year but towards the second half of the year, it started to surge owing to the RBI’s change in the monetary policies and also the addition is made in the gold reserve of the country.
However, the prices of the gold increased throughout the year but there was no drastic change at the starting of the year.
Another one of the major reasons behind this continuous surge was the average performance of the stock market which was witnessed in the year 2019. Historical Gold Rate in Chennai shows an increasing graph for the year 2019.
What makes Gold Rates in Chennai to increase?
If you check the Gold Rate in Chennai as of today, you will see at least a bit of shift or change from yesterday’s price.
This is called the increase or decrease in the price and the reasons behind an increase or surge in the price of the gold can be tagged to the following reasons-
- Uncertainty or a time of crisis, be it medical or financial or an economic crisis or anything can increase the price of the gold immediately which is happening this year. This factor is spiking the price of the gold as this commodity is regarded as one of the most valuable and safe investment options in times of crisis as COVID-19.
- The next point we will discuss is inflation. Inflation means the rise in prices of commodities and services in the economy in general and gold falls under the same. So, if inflation is rising in an economy, then the prices of gold will also increase but not drastically.
- Then comes the factors which are in control of the government and the financial regulator of our country that is RBI. If they make any policies which favor the gold investors or take away any favoring situation for the other investors who invest in other asset classes, then the prices of gold may increase.
- Finally, the most important point for the increase in the price of gold is its demand. The prices of gold generally increase during the wedding season, and festivals. So, the high demand increases the price during this time and in any situation when the demand is more than the supply.
What makes Gold Price in Chennai to decrease?
If you are looking for the reasons for the decrease in Today Gold Price in Chennai per gram, then here are the most relevant reasons –
- The Gold Price in Chennai can decrease because of the increase in supply. If the supply increases more than the demand for the commodity the prices are bound to fall.
- The next is import duty if it is increased by the government, then the prices can fall because of the decrease in demand for the commodity.
- Then comes one of the most important reasons behind the decrease in gold prices and that is the interest rate. If the interest rate on financial assets – FD, Bonds, and others increases then the gold prices will fall because the investors will want to earn those extra interests and divest in the gold and thus the prices will fall.
- Finally, gold prices are dependent on the international market. The value of the currency in our country improves then the price of the gold can go down.
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in Chennai?
The Gold Rate in Chennai is highly dependent on the policies made by the Central government and RBI. It is because the value of the gold is derived based on various factors as we discussed in the above two sections.
So, if the monetary policies are changed then the gold prices get affected directly or indirectly. The gold reserve of RBI if increased or decreased, then the prices of gold get affected, and also the price of the currency decides the price of the gold.
Why Gold Price in Chennai is different from other Cities?
Gold Price in Chennai can be different from the other cities owing to the following factors and components –
- Making Charges: The making charges vary from one city to another and also differ from one jeweler to another. So, if you are buying and making a gold ornament in Chennai, and in any other city, the prices can vary.
- Transportation Cost: The transportation charges for transporting the gold (importing) can change the price of the commodity. If the transportation charges are high, then the price will increase and vice versa.
What is Gold Rate in Chennai 916 Hallmark gold?
Gold Rate in Chennai for 916 hallmark gold is the price you saw above for the 22 Carat gold in the city. It is the same gold quality that is referred to as 916 hallmark gold. The hallmark is the metric for purity and the percentage of purity of gold in the 22 Carat gold is 91.6%.
This means the alloy of this gold type has this amount of pure gold in it and remaining other metal to make it stronger. Hallmark gold is best known for use as you get the assurance of the quality.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Bhopal||Gold Rate in Gurugram||Gold Rate in Hosur||Gold Rate in Raipur|
|Gold Rate in Mangalore||Gold Rate in Ranchi||Gold Rate in Amritsar||Gold Rate in Kakinada|
|Gold Rate in Meerut||Gold Rate in Vijayawada||Gold Rate in Nellore||Gold Rate in Lucknow|
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in Chennai?
The Tax on Gold Rate in Chennai includes –
- 5% GST or Goods and Services Tax which is levied on the gold jewellery or to be specific on the making charges.
- If you buy raw gold then a GST of 3% will be imposed on the same.
Gold Rate in Chennai – Conclusion
In times like this, when nothing is certain, gold can be a rescuer for many investors. We hope you have found all the details regarding the Gold Rate in Chennai in this article.
Today Gold Rate in Chennai can vary from the previous day as we discussed above and thus, you need to keep an eye regularly and this page will give the details of gold prices every day.
Most Read Articles