IIFL Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: May 02, 2022
India Infoline, popularly known as IIFL, is one of the most sought-after financial service firms that offer different financial services, including IIFL Trading and IIFL Online Trading services.
The firm is the brokerage segment of the India Infoline Group, one of the rapidly growing financial service providers in the country.
The article will have the India Infoline Online Trading process to help the new and experienced traders. Then we will discuss India Infoline Trading Benefits & more.
IIFL Trading or India Infoline Trading and Benefits
IIFL allows you to hold and trading in securities across various segments with just one account.
Open your Demat and Trading account with this one of the Best Trading Account in India entity and reap all its benefits at your fingertips.
Some of the characteristics and features are listed below:
- IIFL is a traditional brokerage house. It has all the investment products in its kitty, and they offer them all to the clients. This helps the traders to trade any investment vehicle and diversify their investment across the different asset segments, which reduces the risk involved in the investment. Moreover, you don’t have to open multiple Demat accounts and trade on different platforms for different investments.
- For online trading – trading platforms play a very crucial role. IIFL online trading platforms are referred to as one of the best available online trading platforms in the market. Their trading terminal is one of the best terminal software in the stock market.
- The firm offers huge exposure to the traders, making their trading much more profitable and fruitful. Especially the intraday traders get relief and can trade as much as they want with the exposure limit provided to them up on the trading margin they keep.
- They have a very good team of research analysts and financial advisors. They are always up for market news research, stock research, and others to provide the traders and investors with the perfect information and opportunities in the market.
- Their customer care is also prudent and helps the customers to solve their issues instantly.
- IIFL is not limited to only the above features, the entity has much more to offer, find it in our IIFL Review section.
Open Trading Account with IIFL – Fill up the Form Now!
IIFL Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%. Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges||NA|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 17.7 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 10|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 10|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 15|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 12.5 + Rs. 12.5 (Rs. 25 per scrip)|
The IIFL Trading Charges are little on the higher side though the quality of their services and the huge range of their financial products and investment options make up for the same. Thus, you won’t be feeling the pinch in your pocket.
The brokerage charges are the same for futures, commodities, and cash and vary for the delivery and options segments. We will discuss the same in detail below.
However, before starting with the brokerage details, some other charges are also required to be paid by the traders when they trade using the IIFL platform. These are the mandatory charges imposed by the government and SEBI for trading.
India Infoline Trading Charges are as follows:
- Transaction charges – At IIFL, you need to pay 0.00325% of the total turnover as the transaction charges.
- STT – It is the Securities transaction charges levied on the turnover amount at a percentage of 0.0126%.
- SEBI Turnover Charges – The charge SEBI itself imposes and the rate is 0.00005% of the total turnover.
- GST- Obviously, you need to pay the Goods and Service Tax at 18% on the transaction’s total amount of Transaction charges and brokerage amount.
- Stamp Duty – It is a very nominal charge according to the stamp duty charges of the state from where you are trading.
To know more in detail, also check IIFL Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- Zerodha Trading Account
- Upstox Trading Account
- 5Paisa Trading Account
- Angel Broking Trading Account
- Edelweiss Trading Account
IIFL Delivery Trading
|IIFL Delivery Charges|
The IIFL Delivery Trading charges are waived off for its investors, and this is the general step taken by most broker houses in the market charges for the delivery trades.
IIFL Intraday Trading
|IIFL Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per order|
The IIFL Intraday Trading charges are Rs.20 per order of the total transaction. This is comparatively on the average end as this is somewhat similar to most brokerage houses in the industry.
Brokerage matters a lot for intraday trading, and paying high brokerage for the cash segment lowers the profit.
IIFL Option Trading
|IIFL Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per order|
The charges for IIFL Option Trading are Rs.20 per order, which is again like the minimum most brokers charge for options trading. You need to pay Rs.20 per order of options, and it is not dependent on the lot size.
IIFL Futures Trading
|IIFL Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||Rs.20 per order|
You have to pay Rs.20 per order of the total transaction value for IIFL Futures Trading. This charge is also on the average end of the spectrum.
IIFL Currency Trading
|IIFL Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per order|
|Currency Futures||Rs.20 per order|
The charges for IIFL Currency Trading is segregated into two parts:
Currency options are available at Rs.20 per order, like equity options. This is high as currency options normally have lower brokerage charges than their equity counterpart.
The currency futures are traded at Rs.20 per order like the equity futures, and without a doubt, this is also a little higher than the market average.
IIFL Commodity Trading
|IIFL Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per order|
The IIFL Commodity Trading charges are also Rs.20 per order, which is higher than the average charges for the same in the market.
IIFL Online Trading Process or India Infoline Online Trading Process
If you want to start IIFL Online Trading, you need to follow these steps:
Open Demat Account
- You have first to open a Demat and trading account with IIFL, and for the same, you need to click on this button you find on the page where it is mentioned: “Open Demat Account.”
- You will see a form popping up, and you need to fill that same form. This is an application form that appears on the screen of your desktop. Submit it when it is done.
- Now you have to upload the KYC documents required for the verification process of the application and the applicant.
- You will receive the login credentials once your application is approved and the KYC is done.
Login and Setup
- Use the same user id and password you have received in the mail login to the IIFL portal.
- You can also use the online trading site on the website. Also, you can download the mobile application from the APPLE or Google Play Store.
- Search for the stocks, click on the add button on the script of stock that you want to add, and it will be added to the market watchlist.
- You can now start trading if your watchlist is ready.
- You need to click on the script you want to see the details.
- Various details of the stocks will be displayed on the screen, which will include current price, highs, lows, and others
- You will find BUY, SELL, Modify, and other options
- Click on the activity you want to undertake.
IIFL Online Trading Platforms
The IIFL Online Trading Platforms includes the following:
- IIFL Trader Terminal is the terminal software offered by the firm. It has high security and authentication measures, making your trade safe and secure. There are real-time updates and a highly responsive trading platform for active traders who execute superfast orders.
- IIFL App or IIFL Markets App is the mobile trading platform of the brokerage house. It is an advanced new-age trading application available for android, iOS, and Windows phone users. It has a rating of 4.4, which suggests that the traders like the application.
- IIFL TRADE is a browser-based trading platform that replicates the trading terminal. This platform also has different interactive charts, heatmaps, tools for analysis, and all other features on the terminal software.
IIFL Trading or India Infoline Trading – Conclusion
The IIFL Online Trading facility is worth every penny you spend on it. It provides one of the best trading platforms, a wide range of products, multiple banking options, and most importantly, the best research and advisory facilities in the market.
To avail of IIFL Trading facilities, you have to open an account and start trading. They have offices and sub-brokers in more than 900 cities in the country, and more than four thousand branches are there in the country.
It has a global presence, with branch offices in different countries. This helps the traders and investors open an account from any part of the country and abroad and seek offline support from the offices.
IIFL Online Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the IIFL online trading:
Does IIFL provide Online Trading?
India Infoline is famously known as IIFL and is one of the most popular services people tend to be dependent on. For a long time, they have offered online trading and have been one of the most sought-after firms.
What are the Charges in IIFL?
First and foremost are the Transaction charges, where you need to pay 0.00325% of the total trading charge. Then comes the STT or the Securities transaction charge levied at 0.0126%. Then there is the SEBI Turnover Charge, having had a rate of Rs.5 per crore, followed by the GST at 18% and the Stamp Duty, which keeps changing depending on the state you reside in and are doing the business from.
Does IIFL provide Delivery Trading?
They do. Delivery trading is one of their best hands-on features as a security firm helping millions to make a fortune for themselves. This is indeed an attractive feature that IIFL provides its customers with.
Is delivery trading Free at IIFL?
They are. The delivery trading charges are nil to the transaction value, and this is a site most often seen in the trading arena, as brokers ought to increase their client base by providing attractive offers.
Does IIFL provide Option Trading?
IIFL does provide Option Trading for customers all over. This only makes investing in this company easy and reliable. The charges are not that much, which quickly increases the chances of efficient investment.
What are Option Trading Charges at IIFL?
The charges are Rs.20 per lot for equity options, which is again the average amount the brokerage charges for options trading in general. For the currency options category, you need to pay Rs.20 per order.
Does IIFL provide Futures Trading?
They do provide Futures trading, and it only adds to the exceedingly dependable service they provide to assist customers shortly.
You have to pay Rs.20 per order, whichever is lower than the total transaction value for IIFL Futures Trading. This charge is also on the average end of the spectrum.
What is Futures brokerage at IIFL?
Here, the futures brokerage is seemingly manageable. You have to pay a sum of Rs.20 per order of the turnover charges for the total transaction value. This runs just about right for the average brokerage fee.
Is IIFL safe for trading?
IIFL is a safe trading platform and plays a significant role in shaping lives. The online trading platforms IIFL provides are referred to as one of the finest available platforms in the share market. Their trading terminal is advanced, and their software is backed with speed and security.
Does IIFL provide Trading Tips?
IIFL is backed by a team of experts in every field who are more than just willing to come for the aid of people lagging in this expertise. They promise to reshape inexperienced customers, making them high visionaries and solving whatever issues they have.
Is IIFL good for trading?
IIFL securities is a public company listed on the mainboard exchanges. It is SEBI registered and complies with all the required regulations. It is a safe, dependable, and growing entity.
How do I trade in IIFL Securities?
To trade with IIFL Securities first, you need to open an account with the entity to trade.
- Fill out the lead form from the website to open a free Demat account.
- Specify your PAN details and Bank account details.
- Submit the required documents.
- Complete your KYC.
- IIFL will provide Account details to you.
- Now, you can make your investment journey with IIFL Securities.
What is TT in IIFL?
TT Edge is a trading platform laid down by IIFL Securities. It is a next-generation terminal made to help customers make more informed and knowledgeable trades. It offers various attractive features, including IIFL view, advanced UI, Custom Watchlist, in-depth analytics, etc.
Is IIFL good for beginners?
IIFL Securities offers highly technological resources for trading purpose to its customers. It offers advisory and recommendation features built into its trading application, which helps customers pick the right stocks. It is helpful for investors who are just entering into investment field.
Is the IIFL trader terminal free?
Trader Terminal is an efficient trading platform that allows you to watch and track a watchlist. It is a free access platform for IIFL Securities Demat and Trading accounts customers.
How do you sell holding shares in IIFL?
To sell shares from the IIFL market app, follow the following steps:
Select the stocks you want to sell on the watchlist and click on the “Sell” button. Or, even easier, you can proceed to sell just by swiping left on the stock you wish to sell.
Is it safe to invest in IIFL bonds?
Yes, IIFL is a registered Indian entity; your money will be safe if you invest in IIFL bonds.
Is IIFL a good Demat account?
IIFL Securities offers free account opening to its customers. It offers multiple trading platforms to trade from. The services are also impressive, and the brokerages charged by this broker are also competitive. Therefore, IIFL is a good Demat account.
Which is better, Sharekhan or IIFL?
Sharekhan and IIFL are both full-service brokers. Sharekhan has 2800 branches, whereas IIFL has 900. Both the entities offer no AMC for Demat Account for the first year and from the second year, respectively; Sharekhan charges Rs. 400 and IIFL charge Rs. 250 for the same.
Which is the best platform for trading in India?
Technology is a driving force when it comes to deciding the stockbroker; some of the best trading platforms in India are:
- Zerodha Kite 3
- Upstox Pro Web
- Groww Trading Platform
- Angel One Speed Pro
- 5Paisa Trade Station
- Kotak Keat Pro X
- Sharekhan Trade Tiger
- Motilal Oswal MO Web Trader
- IIFL Trading Platform
- ICICI Trade Racer Web
How do I trade on the IIFL app?
IIFL trading app is a very easy-to-use application. Just click on the ‘Search’ button and search for the stock. Now click on the ‘Buy’ button to buy the stock. Specify the price, quantity, and order type. Confirm your order. You can also check the status of your order from the ‘Order Book’.
What are the brokerage charges in IIFL?
IIFL Securities does not charge for Equity Delivery trades. IIFL Securities levies a flat brokerage rate of Rs. 20 for Future & Options trade in currency, equity, commodity, and intraday.
Is IIFL good, Quora?
IIFL securities offer research and advisory services, which its customers appreciate well. Its trading platform and other services are also credible.
Is IIFL Gold Loan Safe?
IIFL offers loans against pledging of GOLD at interest starting from 9.24%. They provide loans from Rs. 3000 to Rs. 10 lakhs. The pledged gold is kept safely in the bank locker. The conditions of the loan are stated upfront.
How do I open a Demat account with IIFL?
Visit the website of IIFL Securities or Sign up as a guest on the IIFL trading platform with your mobile number.
Open Demat Account with IIFL – Fill up the Form Now!