IIFL Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
India Infoline which is popularly known as IIFL is one of the most sought after financial service firm which offers different financial services including IIFL Trading and IIFL Online Trading services.
The firm is the brokerage segment of the India Infoline Group which is one of the rapidly growing financial service providers in the country.
The article will have India Infoline Online Trading process to help the new and also experienced traders. Then we will discuss about India Infoline Trading Benefits & more.
IIFL Trading or India Infoline Trading and Benefits
When you choose IIFL Trading you will get:
- IIFL is a traditional brokerage house. It has all the investment products in its kitty and they offer them all to the clients. This helps the traders to trade any kind of investment vehicle and diversify their investment across the different asset segments which reduces the risk involved in the investment. Moreover, for the different investments, you don’t have to open multiple Demat accounts and trade on different platforms.
- For online trading – trading platforms play a very crucial role. IIFL online trading platforms are referred to as one of the best available online trading platforms in the market at present. Their trading terminal is one of the best terminal software in the stock market at present.
- The firm offers huge exposure to the traders and this makes their trading much more profitable and fruitful. Especially the intraday traders get relief and can trade as much as they want with the exposure limit provided to them up on the trading margin they keep.
- They have a very good team of research analysts and financial advisors with them and they are always up for the market news research, stock research and others to provide the traders and investors with the perfect information and the opportunities that arise in the market.
- Their customer care is also prudent and helps the customers to solve their issues instantly.
Open Trading Account with IIFL – Fill up the Form Now!
IIFL Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%. Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges||NA|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 17.7 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 10|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 10|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 15|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 12.5 + Rs. 12.5 (Rs. 25 per scrip)|
The IIFL Trading Charges are little on the higher side though the quality of their services and the huge range of their financial products and investment options make up for the same. Thus, you won’t be feeling the pinch in your pocket.
The brokerage charges are the same for the segments like futures, commodities, and cash and vary for the delivery segment and the options segment. We will discuss the same in detail below.
However, before starting with the brokerage details, here are some other charges that are also required to be paid by the traders when he or she trades using the IIFL platform. These are the mandatory charges imposed by the government and SEBI for trading.
India Infoline Trading Charges are as follows:
- Transaction charges – At IIFL, you need to pay 0.00325% of the total turnover as the transaction charges.
- STT – It is the Securities transaction charges which are levied on the turnover amount at a percentage of 0.0126%.
- SEBI Turnover Charges – It is the charge that is imposed by SEBI itself and the rate being 0.00005% of the total turnover.
- GST- Obviously, you need to pay the Goods and Service Tax at 18% on the total amount of Transaction charges and brokerage amount of the transaction.
- Stamp Duty – It is a very nominal charge and it is according to the stamp duty charges of the state from where you are trading.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
IIFL Delivery Trading
|IIFL Delivery Charges|
The IIFL Delivery Trading charges are waived off for its investors and this is the general step taken by most of the broker houses in the market charges for the delivery trades.
IIFL Intraday Trading
|IIFL Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per order|
The IIFL Intraday Trading charges are Rs.20 per order of the total transaction and this is comparatively on the average end as this is the somewhat similar to most of the brokerage houses in the industry.
For intraday trading, brokerage matters a lot and paying high brokerage for cash segment, lowers the amount of profit.
IIFL Option Trading
|IIFL Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per order|
The charges for IIFL Option Trading are Rs.20 per order which is again like the minimum most of the brokers charge for options trading. You need to pay Rs.20 per order of options and it is not dependent on the lot size.
IIFL Futures Trading
|IIFL Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||Rs.20 per order|
You have to pay Rs.20 per order, of the total transaction value for IIFL Futures Trading. This charge is also on the average end of the spectrum.
IIFL Currency Trading
|IIFL Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per order|
|Currency Futures||Rs.20 per order|
The charges for IIFL Currency Trading is segregated in two parts –
Currency options are available at a price of Rs.20 per order like equity options and this is really high as currency options have normally lower brokerage charges compared to the equity counterpart.
The currency futures are traded at Rs.20 per order like the equity futures and without a doubt, this is also a little higher than the market average.
IIFL Commodity Trading
|IIFL Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per order|
The IIFL Commodity Trading charges are also Rs.20 per order which is again higher than the average charges for the same in the market.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
IIFL Online Trading Process or India Infoline Online Trading Process
If you want to start IIFL Online Trading, you need to follow these steps:
Open Demat Account
- You have to first open Demat and trading account with IIFL and for the same you need to click on this button you find on the page where it is mentioned “Open Demat Account”.
- You will see a form popping up and you need to fill that same. This is an application form that appears on the screen of your desktop. Submit it when it is done.
- Now you have to upload the KYC documents required for the verification process of the application and the applicant.
- You will be receiving the login credentials once your application is approved and the KYC is done.
Login and Setup
- Use the same user id and the password that you have received in the mail login to the IIFL portal
- You can also use the online trading site on the website. Also, you can download the mobile application from the APPLE or Google Playstore.
- Search for the stocks, click on the add button on the scrip of stock that you want to add and it will be added to the market watchlist.
- You can now start trading if your watchlist is ready.
- You need to click on the scrip you want to see the details of.
- Various details of the stocks will be displayed on the screen which will include current price, highs, lows, and others
- You will find BUY, SELL, Modify, and other options
- Click on the activity you want to undertake.
IIFL Online Trading Platforms
The IIFL Online Trading Platforms includes the following:
- IIFL Trader Terminal is the terminal software offered by the firm. It has a high level of security and authentication measures which makes you trade safe and secure. There are real-time updates, highly responsive trading platform for active traders who executes orders superfast.
- IIFL App or IIFL Markets App is the mobile trading platform of the brokerage house. It is an advanced new-age trading application that is available for android, iOS and also for the Windows phone users. It has a rating of 4.4 which suggests that the application is really liked by the traders.
- IIFL TRADE is the browser-based trading platform which is a replica of the trading terminal. This platform also has the different interactive charts, heatmaps, tools for analysis and all other features that are there on the terminal software.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
IIFL Trading or India Infoline Trading – Conclusion
The IIFL Online Trading facility is really worth every penny you spent on it as it provides one of the best trading platforms, a wide range of products, multiple banking options and most importantly the best research and advisory facilities in the market.
To avail IIFL Trading facilities you just have to open an account and then you can start trading as well. They have offices and sub-brokers in more than 900 cities in the country and more than four thousand branches are there in the country.
It has a global presence as well with branch offices in different countries. This helps the traders and investors to open an account from any part of the country and abroad and also seek support offline from the offices.
IIFL Online Trading FAQs
Ques – Do IIFL provide Online Trading?
Answer – India Infoline is famously known as IIFL and is apparently one of the most popular services people tend to be dependent on. They offer online trading since long and have been one of the most sought after firms.
Ques – What are the Charges in IIFL?
Answer – First and foremost are the Transaction charges, where you need to pay 0.00325% of the total trading charge. Then comes the STT or the Securities transaction charge levied at a rate of 0.0126%. Then there is the SEBI Turnover Charge having had a rate of Rs.5 per crore, followed by the GST at 18% and the Stamp Duty, which keeps changing depending on the state you reside in and are doing the business from.
Ques – Do IIFL provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – They totally do. Delivery trading is one of their best hands-on feature as a secure firm helping millions to make a fortune for themselves. This is indeed a pleasing feature that IIFL provides its customers with.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at IIFL?
Answer – They are, as a matter of fact. The delivery trading charges are nil to the transaction value, and this is a site most often seen in the trading arena, as brokers ought to increase their client base by providing attrative offers.
Ques – Do IIFL provide Option Trading?
Answer – IIFL does provide Option Trading for customers all over. This only makes investing in this company really easy and reliable. The charges are not that much as well, which increases the chances of efficient investment in the near future.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at IIFL?
Answer – The charges are Rs.20 per lot for equity options, which is yet again the average amount as the brokerage charge for options trading in general. You need to pay Rs.20 per order, for the currency options category.
Ques – Do IIFL provide Futures Trading?
Answer – They do provide Futures trading and it only adds up to the exceedingly dependable service they provide to assist customers in the near future.
You have to pay Rs.20 per order, whichever is lower of the total transaction value for IIFL Futures Trading. This charge is also on the average end of the spectrum.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at IIFL?
Answer – Here, the future brokerage is seemingly manageable. You have to pay a sum of Rs.20 per order, of the turnover charges for the total transaction value. This run just about right for the average brokerage fee.
Ques – Is IIFL safe for trading?
Answer – IIFL is an absolutely safe trading platform and plays a pretty significant role in shaping lives. The online trading platforms IIFL provides are referred to as one of the finest available platforms in the share market as of now. Their trading terminal is really advanced and the software they use is backed with speed and security.
Ques – Do IIFL provide Trading Tips?
Answer – IIFL is backed with a team of experts in every field who are more than just willing to come for the aid of people lagging behind in this expertise. They promise to reshape inexperienced customers, making them high visionaries and solving whatever issues they have.
Open Demat Account with IIFL – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles