There are few things which are common across the globe and one of them is Gold. In this article, we will discuss Gold Rate in Shimla for a different time like for the previous six months.
We will also cover the Gold Rate in Shimla Today and of the previous day for both 22-carat and 24-carat gold. Whether you go south or north, east or west, you will find people who are in love with their gold possessions.
One of the biggest reasons for this is that, the value of gold increases during times of crisis. Here you will find the Gold Rate in Shimla Live for the day and you can easily track the price while trading.
The article is not only about the price of the gold commodity but it has various important facts and insights about the commodity as well.
For investing in gold, you do not just need to know the numbers but also the factors which influence these numbers.
So, let us start with the different gold prices in the beginning, and then we will dig deeper into the concepts and ideas behind the price movement of gold.
22 Carat Gold Rate in Shimla – Gold Price in Shimla Today
In this section, we have discussed the 22 Carat Gold Rate in Shimla. You will find the Gold Price in Shimla Today and also for the previous day which will give you insight into the change that happened in the price of the gold over one day.
As you can see in the table above, the price for a different quantity of gold is given in the table. There is 1 gram, 10 and 100 grams as well.
For each of them, the price has been mentioned; change in percentage as well as in number is given over here.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Shimla Today – Gold Price in Shimla
In our country, the 24-carat gold is regarded as the purest form of gold and people sought this gold more than any other form of gold.
This section is for the 24 Carat Gold Rate in Shimla and you will read about its current price and the price it attained a day before.
The price change for Pure Gold Price in Shimla is also mentioned in the section. The price for three different quantities of gold is provided in the table so that the investor/buyer can get a quick view and understand the same without any hassle.
Check out some amazing Gold Calculators
|Shimla Gold Investment Calculator||Gold Rate Calculator of Shimla|
|Gold Investment Comparison||Gold Rate Comparison|
Gold Price in Shimla for Last 15 Days
In this section, you will find the Gold Price in Shimla for the past fifteen days which are crucial for any trader and investors as well.
The last fifteen days’ price for both 22-carat and 24-carat gold has been given in this table which you can refer to for trading and investment needs.
These fifteen days’ data will give you an insight into the price of the commodity and how it is moving. For analyzing trends in the market for the gold price these fifteen-day price data is crucial.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Bhopal||Gold Rate in Gurugram||Gold Rate in Hosur||Gold Rate in Raipur|
|Gold Rate in Mangalore||Gold Rate in Ranchi||Gold Rate in Amritsar||Gold Rate in Kakinada|
|Gold Rate in Meerut||Gold Rate in Vijayawada||Gold Rate in Nellore||Gold Rate in Lucknow|
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Shimla – Also Past Gold Price in Shimla
In this graph given below, you will find the price of the gold for the previous days. This is one of the most important parts of this article as many traders and investors also find graphs enchanting and intriguing and easier to understand when analyzing Gold Rate in Shimla.
The Gold Rate in Shimla for different timelines from past, has been plotted on this graph so that you can get a clear idea of all the prices, i.e. the trend and movement of the gold price.
It will make your analysis easier and you can make decisions about your investments easily.
Gold Price in Shimla – Past 6 Months Price
The Gold Rate in Shimla for the past six months is given below. While you are investing in the gold, you need to be aware of the facts and figures about the commodity from the past and these six months’ data will do the same.
You can find the highest and the lowest prices, volatility, performance measurement, and many other details apart from the price levels of both 22-carat and 24-carat gold in this section.
September 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in September 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|Highest Rate in September||5045||5298|
|Lowest Rate in September||4864||5104|
This section goes out to describe and state the price changes which happened across the month of September. We have noted the variations in Gold Rate in Shimla and have picked the major intervals for your study. You can pick up the data you want from the table and also from the explanation below.
- Rates for 22 as well as 24 carat gold are individually provided to you in the table, for better understanding.
- We have recorded the opening price for you, the closing price and also the prices from across the first day of each week.
- This led us to the discovery of price change, and we have commuted the percentage change for you, where the changes were recorded as -2.94% and -2.89%
- It is only right to see the highest point of the month for both category gold and it was Rs.5045 and Rs.5298
- Next, we must also take how low the price of the metal fell for both 22 and also 24 carat gold, and it was Rs.4864 and Rs.5104
August 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in August 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|01-08-2020||₹ 5,185||₹ 5,445|
|08-08-2020||₹ 5,422||₹ 5,687|
|15-08-2020||₹ 5,122||₹ 5,374|
|22-08-2020||₹ 5,132||₹ 5,390|
|31-08-2020||₹ 5,007||₹ 5,255|
|Highest Rate in August||₹ 5,481||₹ 5,750|
|Lowest Rate in August||₹ 4,989||₹ 5,239|
Let us guide you through the Gold Rate in Shimla in the month of August, i.e. the price levels of the metal for the entire month. We have included a lot of data, which will make your research and study process easy, allowing you to investment in a strategical manner.
- So, the table provided above, shows the highest, lowest, opening, closing and various other prices. This monitoring of the price will help you formulate an investment strategy.
- Let us go on with the explanation of the table, where we wish to now discuss the change in price. As you see the percentage of change in the table, i.e. 9.86% and 9.75%, were extracted from the highest point and the lowest price points of the month.
- On the other front, we show the opening and the closing price of the metal for the month. Here, we have seen a rising pattern in the beginning of the month, which further went to a decline towards the end of the month.
- Next, we wish to discuss the highest price level for the 22 and 24 carat gold category, which stood at Rs.5481 and Rs.5750.
- Also, the next consideration must be of the lowest price intervals of the month, which were Rs.4989 and Rs.5239 respectively.
July 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,715||₹ 4,948|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,728||₹ 4,968|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,776||₹ 5,016|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,791||₹ 5,028|
|31-07-2020||₹ 5,151||₹ 5,414|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 5,154||₹ 5,414|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,696||₹ 4,932|
Moving on with the Gold Rate in Shimla, we have the data from the month of July for you. Study the month as per your convenience and then choose to take a decision based on the price level of the commodity. It is necessary to observe the price level in order to crack the best deal.
- Take a look at the table if you want to check the highest price level gained by the metal, or the contrary lowest price level.
- Firstly, we need to start the discussion with the percentage change in both the categories of gold, which was 9.75% and 9.77%.
- This is a significant high shift in the price levels and we can say the metal’s price did take a serious surge in the market.
- Specifically, let us go through the 22 carat gold’s highest and the lowest price level and they were Rs.5154 and Rs.4696.
- Next, we have the data in relation with the 24 carat gold price, where the highest price level was Rs.5414 and the lowest was Rs.4932.
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,572||₹ 4,801|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,547||₹ 4,774|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,610||₹ 4,838|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,678||₹ 4,914|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,729||₹ 4,967|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,729||₹ 4,967|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,513||₹ 4,739|
Let us begin our study with the frequent Gold Rate in Shimla analysis, which is for the month of June 2020. Here, we let you study all the major and minor fluctuations which happened across the entire month. The tabular representation is provided for your convenience.
- Here is how the price duration has changed across the entire month, for both the category of gold. You can check 5 price intervals, which shows the price flow of the month.
- Gold price for this month reached the highest to Rs.4729 and Rs.4967
- The price of this yellow metal fell as much as Rs.4513 and Rs.4739 for the month.
- So, the commuted percentage change as per the data from above is 4.79% and 4.81%.
- This change as figured out during the month was average of nature.
May 2020, Gold Rates in Shimla
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,477||₹ 4,706|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,533||₹ 4,759|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,561||₹ 4,794|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,623||₹ 4,853|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,574||₹ 4,806|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,657||₹ 4,890|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,426||₹ 4,652|
In May 2020, the Gold Rates in Shimla were becoming more stable as you can understand from the given table and the points which we are going to discuss –
- As you can see the Gold Rate in Shimla per Gram for the beginning of the month for 22-carat gold was going up and it did so till little before the end of the month. Except for the month-end, the price was increasing. Towards the month-end, it started dipping. But all these happened at a fair pace, not too fast nor very slow.
- The 24-carat gold also reacted similarly. The price of the same increase in the first four weeks of the month and then it started dipping towards the end of May. Here also, the increase was gradual and nothing drastic was observed in the price movement.
- The highest price recorded by the 22-carat gold was Rs.4657 whereas the lowest was Rs.4426 which also shows that there a little volatility which is next to nil.
- In the case of 24-carat gold, the price topped at Rs.4890 and dropped till Rs.4652 which shows the fluctuation been very subtle.
- The overall performance of this gold commodity was average while the 22-carat gold gained 5.22%, the other one 24-carat gold gained around 5.12%.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 4,055||₹ 4,255|
|08-04-2020||₹ 4,058||₹ 4,257|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,057||₹ 4,258|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,557||₹ 4,788|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,536||₹ 4,767|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,621||₹ 4,851|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,051||₹ 4,255|
Here we will see the price details for April. The Gold Rate Movement in Shimla has been detailed in this section and you take reference of the same for your trading purpose.
Analysis of Gold Price in Shimla
- The performance of the 22-carat gold as given for April shows a huge increase of around 14.07%. This is attributed to the fact that this month saw the starting phase of coronavirus fear among the general people. When people are afraid of the future, they seek to save haven and that’s what happened in this month, investors started pouring money in the gold and the prices increases.
- The month was quite volatile as well as you can understand from the price of the 22-carat gold and also 24-carat gold as given in the table. For both of them, the price in the first three weeks almost remained the same but jumped in the fourth weeks and surged by more than Rs.500 which was huge.
- The performance of the 24-carat gold was also the same as the other counterpart and it also went up by 14.01% this month.
- The highest price for the 24-carat gold in this month was Rs.4851 and the price floored at Rs.4255 which shows the huge volatility that the gold market was witnessing this month.
- Similarly enough, the price for the 22-carat gold also topped at Rs.4621 while dropping at Rs.4051 as the lowest and this speaks volumes about the fluctuations that were taking place in the gold market towards the end of April.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 4,073||₹ 4,282|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,328||₹ 4,543|
|15-03-2020||₹ 4,223||₹ 4,432|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,996||₹ 4,197|
|30-03-2020||₹ 4,054||₹ 4,258|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,328||₹ 4,543|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,918||₹ 4,117|
For March, the Gold Price Movement in Shimla has been recorded in this section with all the details, analysis of the price movement, and everything.
- As you can see in the table above, the highest price achieved by the 22-carat gold was Rs.4328 while the lowest was Rs.3918. The difference between these two prices is quite wide and that says a lot about the kind of fluctuations that were there in the price of this gold for this month.
- The prices were very volatile in this month for the 24-carat gold as well and that is why it’s the highest price stands at Rs.4543 while the lowest was Rs.4117.
- Overall performance of the 22-carat gold was around 10.46% up and 10.35% up for the 24-carat gold. This is a very good performance and the prices went at a high in this month following the starting of the country-wide lockdown due to the coronavirus fear that we all are in.
- The price of 22-carat gold in the first two weeks performed terrifically and went up in the second week by almost Rs.300 but then went downhill in the third & fourth week and again went up by the end of the month.
- The 24-carat gold price was going down in the mid of the month but went up again in the end. However, the significant change in the price was noticed in the second week when the price surged drastically.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,972||₹ 4,175|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,921||₹ 4,123|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,974||₹ 4,177|
|22-02-2020||₹ 4,101||₹ 4,302|
|29-02-2020||₹ 4,161||₹ 4,374|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 4,191||₹ 4,397|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,921||₹ 4,118|
The Gold Rate in Shimla per gram for both the gold, that is 22-carat and 24-carat gold has been given over here. You can understand how these prices moved through the month and this will help you in your analysis.
- The price of the 24-carat gold started dipping in the initial weeks of the month but started gaining momentum gradually from the third week and increased until the month-end.
- Similarly, the 22-carat gold rate also started jumping and moved upward significantly from the 3rd week of the month.
- The highest price that the 24-carat gold recorded in this month was Rs.4397 and the lowest was Rs.4118 and this shows the low level of fluctuation that was there in the price of the gold.
- The 22-carat gold also witnessed low volatility in the price and thus the highest price of Rs.4191 is not that far away from the lowest price of Rs.3921 in this month.
- The overall performance of the gold in this month was average and both grained around 6%.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,811||₹ 4,000|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,930||₹ 4,123|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,848||₹ 4,040|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,926||₹ 4,117|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,923||₹ 4,119|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 4,015||₹ 4,217|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,811||₹ 4,000|
The Gold Price in Shimla is mentioned over here for January 2020. The highest, lowest and various other important prices, volatility, performance will be discussed over here –
- As you can see in the table above, the price of the gold – 22-carat gold and also 24-carat gold made progress of 5.35% and 5.43% respectively. This shows that the growth was sluggish and the price movements were also the same.
- To understand the same better let us see the price movements for 22-carat gold. The price of this gold moved up in the first two weeks but then dipped in the middle of the month but then again recovered and saw an up in the next week and almost remained the same towards the end of the month.
- For the 24-carat gold, the price was moving up very gradually after the third week but the significant move was noticed in the 2nd week only.
- To understand the volatility, we have to analyze the highest and the lowest prices of the gold now. So, for the 22-carat gold price as you can see the highest price was Rs.4015 and the lowest was Rs.3811, the volatility was hardly there.
- Similarly, the price topped at Rs.4217 and dropped till Rs.4000 for the 24-carat gold and that suggests, volatility in the case of this gold also was low or negligible.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in Shimla
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,726||₹ 3,912|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,694||₹ 3,877|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,667||₹ 3,852|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,716||₹ 3,898|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,815||₹ 4,008|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,815||₹ 4,008|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,667||₹ 3,852|
In this section, you will find the details of the 22-carat and24 Carat Gold Rate in Shimla. Not only the price details but we also have analyzed the performance and the volatility factors of the gold for this month here –
- As you can see the Gold Rate in Shimla for the 22-carat gold started dipping from the starting of the month, it is the same with the 24-carat gold as well. The price of both the gold were decreasing at a slow pace for the first three weeks.
- After that, the price started increasing and it increased towards the end of the month. The price increased for the last two weeks and also gained a little momentum.
- The highest price marked by 22-carat gold was Rs.3815 and the lowest was Rs.3667. The difference between these two prices is not that big which depicts the low volatility in the price of the commodity.
- The same thing goes for the 24-carat gold as well. The highest price for this gold was Rs.4008 while the lowest was Rs.3852 and the difference between these two depicts the negligible volatility that was there in the gold market this during the month.
- The overall performance of the commodity – both 22-carat and 24-carat gold was very average and they gained around 4.04% and 4.05% this month.
Gold Rate in Shimla – Trend in 2020
If you have closely observed the six months’ data which is given above, they are of the year 2020 and as you have noticed, that the prices were highly volatile this year up till now.
However, in the initial months of the year, the price of both gold gained momentum. It was the month of March when the Gold Rate Trend in Shimla started depicting huge volatility and price gains.
This is mainly because we all are in a pandemic situation that has made the investors withdraw their other investments and invest in gold. This is because gold is regarded as one of the safest assets to invest in especially during the crisis.
While other markets can crash but the gold prices are never going to slow down especially when there is a crisis. It will rather go up and this is happening if you see the gold price graph.
The prices are at an all-time high and it can further increase as per the analysis of the eminent economists and the research analysts.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
Gold Rate in Shimla – Trend in 2019
The Gold Rate Trend 2019 in Shimla was very interesting to watch and study. It was a year when the gold prices were increasing from the starting of the year but the turn came when the RBI policies were altered.
The RBI policies regarding the gold reserves in the bank were increased which means RBI added more gold to their reserves and that made the supply of gold to cut short and that increased the price of the gold in the market drastically. This happened during the second half of the year.
Post the RBI policies change, the prices further increased due to the currency valuation. RBI then depreciated the value of our currency and that made the price of the gold increase further.
Overall, this year, the prices increased at a great pace which benefitted the investors a lot.
What makes Gold Rates in Shimla to increase?
The reasons behind the rise of the Gold Rate in Shimla today per gram can be attributed to any or all of these following –
- Inflation can be a cause of an increase in the price of gold in general. When inflation happens, the general price level rises, and gold comes under that. So, the price of gold also increases.
- Monetary policies by RBI if changed like an additional of gold in the reserve, depreciation of the currency, etc. like it happened in the previous year.
- Demand plays a crucial role in the rise of the price of this commodity. As the demand for the commodity increases, the price level also increases for the gold. Demand increases on different occasions like weddings, festive seasons, and crisis. So, in all these times, the prices increase of the commodity as there is a limited amount of gold in demanded and thus, the person who will pay a higher price, can buy it.
What makes Gold Price in Shimla to decrease?
Gold Price in Shimla can decrease because of the following reasons –
- If the currency of our country has appreciated against the currency of the country from where we import gold, then the price of the gold is bound to fall. This is because gold prices are very sensitive to the international market and when the currency appreciates, it means our currency is becoming stronger against the exporting country’s currency. This means less money needs to be paid for the gold the government imports. So, in turn, we will also be paying fewer amounts for the gold purchases.
- The second point that can lead to a decrease in the price of gold is a hike in the interest rate. Yes, the price of gold is inversely proportionate to the interest rate prevailing in the market. The interest rate is increased by the RBI. When interest rate increases, the investors want to earn more by investing in the assets where the interest rate has been increased. Thus, they withdraw their gold investments, or limit their investment in gold, and then the demand for gold decreases, leading to the price fall of the commodity.
- When RBI started supplying more gold in the market, the demand falls shorter in front of the gold supply and the price of the commodity starts dipping.
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in Shimla?
The Gold Rate in Shimla is very sensitive to the policies of the Central Bank – RBI. If RBI changes the gold reserve, the price of the commodity changes as well.
Supposedly, it increases the gold reserves, which means the supply of gold in the market contracts, and that leads to an excess of demand over supply, and the price decreases.
Similarly, if the interest rate is increased by the RBI, the demand for gold fall short as investors starts investing in FDs, Bonds where they can earn more returns.
So, whenever, the policies of the Central Bank changes, the price of the commodity gets impacted because all these are interlinked, and changing one thing will affect the other.
Why Gold Price in Shimla is different from other Cities?
The difference in Gold Price in Shimla with other cities’ gold price can be attributed to the following reasons –
- Different transportation cost that is required to transport the gold to the beautiful city of Shimla. As we know, Gold is imported in our country from other nations and then supplied to different cities. So, Shimla is in Himachal, and transporting the gold there takes a higher transportation charge which increases the price of the gold in this city a bit from many other cities.
- Making charges of gold jewelry also changes the price of gold in the city.
What is Gold Rate in Shimla 916 Hallmark gold?
Gold Rate in Shimla 916 hallmark gold is nothing but the 22-carat gold that you read above in the article. So, the commodity is the same, the difference is just in the name. The hallmark is a term used for measuring the purity of gold in the gold items/products.
So, 916 hallmark gold price is the price of the 22-carat gold only. This gold contains 91.6% of the pure gold in the alloy, and that is why the name is given as 916 hallmark gold.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in Shimla?
The Tax on Gold Rate in Shimla includes –
- 5% GST on the making charges of the gold
- 3% GST on Gold which is bought as good.
- Import Duty of 10%
Gold Rate in Shimla – Conclusion
So, we hope you found the above article on Gold Rate in Shimla useful for your research and investment purpose.
We have tried to incorporate most of the information about the gold prices in the city. You can check Today Gold Rate in Shimla and then invest in the commodity after thorough analysis.
Most Read Articles