This article right here is meant to address the change in gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir. We’ve included a lot of tables, charts and graphs within the article. All of them grant a specific set of understanding using certain historical data around the industry.
Gold rates are reaching a new high every day and, the investors who already have their hands in the industry are flushing in with profits.
However, for the people who’re new to this entire thing, it may prove difficult to judge between the moment to invest and the time to withdraw all investments in gold.
Afterall, gold rates are subject to frequent change. We acknowledge this problem. That’s why we’ve created an entire series of articles just around this industry.
We’ve even included sections that elaborate the tables, charts and graphs separately. This’ll help you relate to the reasons directing gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir today.
In fact, you may treat this article as an authentic source of gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir live!
22 Carat Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir – Gold Price in Jammu & Kashmir Today
Gold forms a rather important part of the culture around entire Asia. India, especially included the metal as a part of its most auspicious ceremonies.
However, usage of gold in these ceremonies require it to be transformational. In other words, gold in these ceremonies is used for ornamental purposes.
Alas, gold in its purest form is not capable of such transformations. It is rather fragile and lacks the strength to hold other precious jewels often associated with it.
This requires some mending and, that’s where 22 carat gold comes in. It is created by fusing in 22 parts of pure gold with 2 parts of strengthening agents like nickel and silver.
This part talks about 22 carat gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir. In fact, we’ve included a detailed version of 22 carat gold price in Jammu & Kashmir as per varying weights.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir Today – Gold Price in J&K
You’ve already learnt about the importance of 22 carat gold in India and its malleable properties. 24 carat gold proves to be a lot more valuable at times.
It is used as a measure for currency strength across the world. Simply put, Central banks around the world maintain a certain reserve of 24 carat gold.
This helps them to determine the value of their respective currencies. It even helps the individual investors across the world to balance the risk profile of their portfolios.
This is carried out due to the elastic nature of gold. In simple words, the value of gold rate in J&K today often increases with decrease in the value of regular stocks.
Check out some amazing Gold Calculators
|Jammu & Kashmir Gold Investment Calculator||Gold Rate Calculator of Jammu & Kashmir|
|Gold Investment Comparison||Gold Rate Comparison|
Gold Price in Jammu & Kashmir for Last 15 Days
This part gives you a detailed outlook of gold price in Jammu & Kashmir in the last 15 days. You may consider this as the beginning of our research approach.
You’ll find more historical data pertaining to the subject in the later parts of the article. Anyway, this part will help you to figure out the recent fluctuations in the gold price in Jammu & Kashmir for both 22 and 24 carat segments.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Bhopal||Gold Rate in Gurugram||Gold Rate in Hosur||Gold Rate in Raipur|
|Gold Rate in Mangalore||Gold Rate in Ranchi||Gold Rate in Amritsar||Gold Rate in Kakinada|
|Gold Rate in Meerut||Gold Rate in Vijayawada||Gold Rate in Nellore||Gold Rate in Lucknow|
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Jammu & Kashmir – Also Past Gold Price in Jammu & Kashmir
We’ve plotted a graph for you to understand the resent changes in gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir. It should give you a hint of the trend the respective gold rates have been following!
Gold Price in Jammu & Kashmir – Past 6 Months Price
We believe the past two sections granted you enough knowledge about gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir for the recent times.
However, as an investor, you must try to figure out the root cause of any fluctuation. That’s exactly what the next few sections will help you to achieve.
They’ll guide you through the change in gold prices across both the segments through a narrowed down manner.
In fact, they’ll take you through the versatility of gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir for 6 consecutive months!
Gold rate analysis in Jammu & Kashmir for August 2020
|Gold Rates in August 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|01-08-2020||₹ 5,181||₹ 5,446|
|08-08-2020||₹ 5,420||₹ 5,689|
|15-08-2020||₹ 5,118||₹ 5,377|
|22-08-2020||₹ 5,134||₹ 5,390|
|31-08-2020||₹ 5,002||₹ 5,252|
|Highest Rate in August||₹ 5,480||₹ 5,754|
|Lowest Rate in August||₹ 4,989||₹ 5,236|
Jammu & Kashmir is often called the ‘Heaven on Earth’ as it is naturally gifted with the best landscapes in the country. People here mostly trade in dry fruits and spices. Gold trading is also encouraged in this state to a great extent and many traders are involved with this business.
Residents of Jammu have a different lifestyle from the residents of Kashmir but their fondness for gold jewelry remains the same. Therefore the demand for both 22 Ct and 24 Ct Gold is quite high in this state.
Readers will find below the price of both of the forms of gold below along with the performance report for August 2020. This will be very helpful for those who are planning to invest in this precious metal in the next few months.
- The highest price marked by 22 Ct Gold was Rs.5480 per gram and the lowest for a gram was Rs.4989
- 24 Ct Gold rates were on the higher side with the maximum value touching Rs.5754 per gram and the minimum value reducing to Rs.5236 for one gram
- Gold rates opened with a price that was on the higher side and increased more in the first two weeks of the month
- The last week of August 2020 witnessed the lowest rates for 22 Ct and 24 Ct Gold in Jammu & Kashmir
- A performance percentage of 9.84% was calculated for 22 Ct and 9.89% for 24 Ct Gold
July 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Jammu & Kashmir
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,715||₹ 4,950|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,727||₹ 4,965|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,782||₹ 5,017|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,790||₹ 5,031|
|31-07-2020||₹ 5,151||₹ 5,413|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 5,155||₹ 5,413|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,695||₹ 4,930|
We have prepared a table to offer an insight to our readers on the gold rate for both 22 carat and 24 carat gold. We have inserted the figures pertaining to both the gold categories. Our mission is to fill in our readers with the correct gold rate so that they can invest without any hesitation. So follow the below table and understand the highest, lowest prices of the gold. Additionally, review the performance analysis as well.
- The highest price for 22 carat gold was Rs 5155.
- The highest price for 24 gold was recorded as Rs 5413.
- Lowest rate of 22 carat gold was Rs 4695.
- We observed that the lowest gold rate for 24 gold Rs 4930.
- The percentage performance of 22 carat gold was 9.80%.
- Performance of the gold in terms of percentage is 9.80%.
- The highest price difference between the two categories of gold is huge.
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in J&K
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,574||₹ 4,804|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,547||₹ 4,777|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,606||₹ 4,840|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,676||₹ 4,914|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,726||₹ 4,966|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,726||₹ 4,966|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,511||₹ 4,737|
Anyone from Jammu & Kashmir who is reading this article and planning to invest in gold shortly should go through the gold rate analysis provided below. It contains the highest and lowest prices of 22 Ct and 24 Ct Gold in Jammu & Kashmir. Other useful details about the performance of this metal in June 2020 are also mentioned below.
- In June this year, 24 Ct Gold touched the highest price of Rs.4966 per gram in this state
- The lowest rate attained by this commodity was Rs.4737 per gram of 24 Ct
- 22 Ct Gold rate showed a similar fluctuation ranging between Rs.4726 and Rs.4511 per gram
- Gold rates took a sudden leap in the last week of the month with the highest price marked on the 30th of June
- The percentage change was calculated as 4.77% for 22 Ct Gold and 4.83% for 24 Ct Gold which are above average
May 2020, Gold Rates in J&K
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,481||₹ 4,705|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,530||₹ 4,759|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,564||₹ 4,792|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,622||₹ 4,856|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,574||₹ 4,804|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,658||₹ 4,890|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,428||₹ 4,651|
Gold rates in Jammu & Kashmir change frequently much like any other parts of India! We continue our research with the price shift during May 2020.
Analysis of Gold Rate in J&K, May-2020
This is to ensure that you understand how the post lockdown scenario impacted gold rate in J&K per gram. So, let’s begin without any more ado:
- The table above consists of three different columns. The first column registers the dates that recorded the gold prices. It even has two rows with marks Highest Rate and Lowest Rate inscribed on them. And, lastly the final row inscribes Performance on it. The next two columns show relative data for 22 and 24 carat gold segments.
- The lowest registered price for 22 carat gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir was worth Rs. 4,428. This was during May 2020. The month even registered a high worth Rs. 4,658 per gram.
- The lowest value achieved by the 24 carat gold segment was worth Rs. 4,651. However, it even achieved a record high for the month worth Rs. 4,890.
- The graphs for both segments form a similar curve. They begin with a low price in the 1st The price for both segments moves to a constant high till 4th week. However, we see a slight decrement in the graph during the 5th week.
- The performance of 22 carat segment had a mark worth 5.19%. On the contrary, the 24 carat segment marked a performance worth 5.14%.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Jammu & Kashmir
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 4,053||₹ 4,259|
|08-04-2020||₹ 4,052||₹ 4,257|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,055||₹ 4,260|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,558||₹ 4,786|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,536||₹ 4,764|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,616||₹ 4,848|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,051||₹ 4,255|
This is the part where we glimpse into the gold rate movement in Jammu & Kashmir during April 2020. However, there is something you must understand before we begin.
Analysis of Gold Rate in J&K, April-2020
April 2020 is the month to be impacted the most during lockdown. So, here you go:
- The table shows the lowest 22 carat gold price during this month to be worth Rs. 4,051. It even shows the highest value achieved by this segment.
- Records show 22 carat gold price went as high as Rs. 4,616.
- The table even shows us a glimpse of the 24 carat segment. The lowest price point for the segment during April 2020 was worth Rs. 4,255 per gram.
- However, the highest rate it acquired in that period was worth Rs. 4,848.
- The shift in gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir per gram during this period was studied further. It helped us determine the performance factors for both the segments. In fact, we found that the 22 carat segment performed at 13.95%. However, the 24 carat segment price merely performed at 13.96%. Another notable fact is that both the segments performed at their best during this month.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Jammu & Kashmir
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 4,075||₹ 4,281|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,328||₹ 4,538|
|15-03-2020||₹ 4,226||₹ 4,433|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,995||₹ 4,196|
|30-03-2020||₹ 4,055||₹ 4,258|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,301||₹ 4,517|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,921||₹ 4,116|
We’ve been considering the impact of the pandemic a lot in this article. That’s because it led the stock prices down by many points.
Analysis of Gold Rate in J&K, March-2020
In other words, it led the gold price to increase a lot as well. So, here’s a glimpse into the month when it all began:
- We must consider the structure of the table before we may move ahead. It is made up in the same format as that of the remaining tables from this series. It registers different values for 22 and 24 carat segments. In fact, a total of 5 values are recorded for each of the segment. These records were taken in a difference of 7 consecutive days from the beginning of the month.
- Gold price in Jammu & Kashmir per gram was recorded at its lowest for the 22 carat gold during the 4th This is when the price dropped down to Rs. 3,921. Although, it recovered and went as high as Rs. 4,328 as well.
- The price shift in the 24 carat segment was in fact much similar. Its lowest values were estimated to be worth Rs. 4,116. However, the highest value it achieved during this month was worth Rs. 4,517.
- The graph plots for both segments are similar as well. They both have troughs during 1st and 4th However, the crests can be found during the 2nd and 4th weeks nonetheless.
- Interestingly, their performances were quite similar too. The 22 carat segment registered a performance worth 10.38%. On the other hand, the 24 carat segment registered a mark of 10.25%.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Jammu & Kashmir
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,974||₹ 4,177|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,921||₹ 4,121|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,975||₹ 4,176|
|22-02-2020||₹ 4,102||₹ 4,304|
|29-02-2020||₹ 4,166||₹ 4,371|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 4,188||₹ 4,399|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,950||₹ 4,146|
Feb 2020 was considerably a normal month. The nation did face certain political disturbances given the CAA acceptance.
Having that said, we must even acknowledge that the stock market was performing a bit better. So, inevitably the gold prices were not as much elevated.
Anyway, this is our way trying to figure out the performance of the considerable segments during this time:
- 22 carat gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir throughout Feb 2020 never went any lower than Rs. 3,950.
- The same category even saw the highest value worth Rs. 4,188, nonetheless.
- Values were different for the 24 carat segment though. The lowest value for this segment in Feb 2020 was registered against the 2nd week at Rs. 4,146.
- The highest value for the segment went for a net worth of Rs. 4,399 per gram nevertheless.
- Both segments performed rather similar. The 22 carat segment gave a performance worthy of a mark worth 6.81%. Although the 24 carat counterpart performed at 6.77%.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Jammu & Kashmir
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,808||₹ 4,001|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,926||₹ 4,126|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,851||₹ 4,041|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,928||₹ 4,119|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,925||₹ 4,119|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 4,014||₹ 4,214|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,851||₹ 4,041|
This section shall provide with the insight on gold price in Jammu & Kashmir during Jan 2020. This serves its purpose in the research given, the fact that it shows the transition from the previous year:
- 22 carat gold price in Jammu & Kashmir during Jan 2020 was recognized to go as low as Rs. 3,851.
- The same segment was even noted to achieve a worth of Rs. 4,014 as it’s highest.
- 24 carat segment however, loomed within a range of Rs. 4,041 to Rs. 4,214.
- The lowest prices for both the segments were registered well during the beginning of the month. Although, they achieved their highest limits towards the end!
- 22 carat gold rates changed to grant a performance worthy of 5.46%. However, the 24 carat gold performed a bit better with a mark of 5.32%.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in J&K
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,727||₹ 3,913|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,696||₹ 3,882|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,672||₹ 3,850|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,718||₹ 3,904|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,813||₹ 4,006|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,813||₹ 4,006|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,671||₹ 3,850|
This is the last bit of the 6 months’ research we needed to disclose. This one showcases the gold rate in J&K during Dec 2019.
So, just give it some of your valuable time to understand the transition between the two years better:
- The highest rate achieved during this time by the 22 carat segment was estimated to be worth Rs. 3,813. This price was registered during the 5th week of the month.
- Lowest figure for this segment was however, worth Rs. 3,671. This was achieved during the 3rd week of the month.
- The highest value for the 24 carat category was estimated to be worth Rs. 4,006.
- Lowest value for this segment was recorded during the last week of the month. The value was then calculated to be worth Rs. 3,850.
- The segments performed at 3.87% and 4.05% respectively.
Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir – Trend in 2020
Today gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir is shown above. The measured rates are of the 24 carat category as well as the 22 carat gold. The price shifts across all gold categories have been rather dodgy all 2020.
Let’s consider the 24 carat segment for instance. It started with a price worth Rs. 4,121 around 8TH Jan. The price reached a value worth Rs. 4,211 within the next two days. This again fell off Rs. 4,037 on 15th Jan.
This is by far the least it ever valued throughout 2020 as of yet. Anyway, the most important phase of this year has been from March 21st to April 20th.
This was the time when the value for this segment dropped to Rs. 4,253 and remained the same throughout the period. Having said that, the price graph has been on a constant rise ever since.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
Gold Rate in J&K – Trend in 2019
Gold rate trend 2019 in Jammu & Kashmir was not as much dramatic as it has been in 2020. However, it still underwent through a lot of fluctuations.
In fact, historical gold rate in J&K suggests that the lowest value for the 22 carat segment was achieved during April 2019.
This was the time that recorded the segment value at Rs. 3,014 per gram. It reached its highest potential during Nov 2019.
Its estimated price then was worth Rs. 3,799 per gram. The overall trend during the year 2019 was up nonetheless!
What makes Gold Rates in Jammu & Kashmir to increase?
Gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir has a lot of reasons that tend to impact the gold rate. Here are some of them that enable the price to elevate:
- India, not having many places to dig gold within the country tends to import it. In fact, we fall under the category of heavy importers. So, our prices for gold tend to rise with the rise of import duty. In short, with the increase in international tax values, our gold rate also tends to increase!
- The rates even elevate when the RBI begins its hoarding spree. This creates a lack of sufficient gold in the market. Thus, tending to increase the price of the available article!
What makes Gold Price in Jammu & Kashmir to decrease?
Gold price in Jammu & Kashmir keeps on changing every day. This occurs as a result of multiple factors. Here, we’ve enlisted a few of those factors that tend to decrease the gold price:
- We see gold as an escape plan during tough financial times. This can even be true in the alternate way. This means that we only value gold during our troubled times. This increases the value of the metal then. However, when everything is normal (stable political environment, good stock values, etc.) the metal tends to lose its high stature to some extent. That is when the gold rates deteriorate!
- They even come down as a result of lowered international trade rates. In other words, the gold prices fall when the applicable import duty is waived off or at least decreased to some extent!
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in Jammu & Kashmir?
Central banks are the national banks charged with maintaining the financial posture of a nation. RBI can be considered as one of them.
These banks even lay down certain policies to serve their purpose. These policies in turn have a direct impact on the price of gold across the countries.
For instance, if a central bank tends to add on to its gold reserve the value of the currency increase. However, this usually decreases the value of gold.
The situation turns around in the alternate direction if such banks try to release some of their reserve!
Why Gold Price in J&K is different from other Cities?
We’ve already established the gold price is Jammu & Kashmir today for the 22 and 24 carat category. The price levels are primarily determined by a set of local jewellers and traders.
These people cumulatively form a group called the bullion association. They even decide the rate of flow of gold within the state perimeters and, they do so based on a couple of factors.
These factors include the approaching festivities, current need and demand of gold within the state and the national laws determining a certain price for gold.
What is Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir 916 Hallmark gold?
916 hallmark gold is a type of 22 carat gold certified by the BIS. BIS or the Bureau of Indian Standards resonate with the willingness for customer satisfaction across the nation. That’s why it established certain rules pertaining to creating of 22 carat gold.
This ensures that a particular quality check measure is involved while mixing 2 parts of impurities to gold. The result is equivalent to 91.6% pure gold added with 8.4% worth of impurities.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir?
Tax on gold rate in Jammu & Kashmir is levied on every person who buys gold within the state limits. These taxes are established for a fixed purchase value and are imposed in a layered pattern.
Here are the exact values of these taxes:
- The first level of tax is called the import duty. This caters more to the international trade laws. Anyway, it’s imposed a rate of 10% per purchase.
- Second one is for the sake of GST and, it is charged at a rate of 3% per purchase.
- The last one is charged for converting gold into ornaments at a rate decided by the manufacturer, i.e. the making charge.
Gold Rate in Jammu & Kashmir – Conclusion
There’s nothing else we can add to this article. We’ve already briefed you on the frequent changes observed in gold rates during 2019 and 2020 and, we certainly hope you use the data to profit from your investments.
Most Read Articles