Geojit Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 23, 2023
Stock broking companies which let you invest as per your will have expanded. It might be a tough call for investors to consider a particular company. If you are still uncertain, the Geojit Trading services might draw your attention efficiently.
One may weigh in their own set of decision-making facts, but we have added some of the necessary insights on the Geojit Online Trading facilities, for ease of it. It definitely is your call, to fix your broker, and Geojit being a consideration, this article may add on.
Geojit Trading and Benefits
We are here to serve you the Geojit Trading benefits, straight out of the company’s terms, conditions and structure. Giving you the key to choosing the right firm, we present to you the aspects of Geojit Online Trading you must consider.
- Trading platforms provided by the company are well embedded with all the needful aspects. You will find the items which would act like the stepping stones to successful trading.
- The trading products they provide are extended, giving the traders a set of options to invest in, as per their convenience and choice.
- Demat accounts needed for trading can be availed seamlessly, online.
- The support and assistance they provide are commendable.
- They even provide tips for investment, to help investors maximize their returns.
Open Trading Account with Geojit – Fill up the Form Now!
Geojit Finance Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Nil + courier charges @ Rs 35/-|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
Here is the set of Geojit Finance Trading Charges you need to pay. They are apart from the brokerage charge you pay to the company for availing their services.
Check the charge out, so you have a hold of your expenses.
- The first expense on every transaction is the transaction charge of 00311% of the Total Turnover.
- STT charge is as well deducted from the turnover of the transaction at the rate of 0.0126%.
- Next in line is the SEBI turnover charge, which is charged at the rate of 0.00005% on the total turnover as well.
- Stamp duty is as well levied, based on the state from which the transaction is held.
- Last is the GST Charge of 18%, to be charged on the brokerage and transaction charges altogether.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
Geojit Delivery Trading
|Geojit Delivery Charges|
The first and prime consideration of people who enter the capital market is delivery trading. It is a traditional type of trading, and the demand for this type of trading has never fallen. People buy stocks of companies and retain them for longer periods and then sell them off.
As for this brokerage house, however, you can consider it’s quality Geojit Delivery Trading services. The brokerage tagged to it is an amount of 0.30% of the total turnover.
Geojit Intraday Trading
|Geojit Intraday Charges|
Next in line is the Geojit Intraday Trading. This segment is a lot more similar to delivery trading. However, the differing factor is time. Delivery trading does not provide any limit of time, however, intraday offers a limit of 1 day.
Experts are believed to have the right means to master this segment. But, anyone can try it out with a small payment of 0.03% of total turnover.
Geojit Option Trading
|Geojit Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.125 per lot|
Futures investment is undoubtedly a great investment segment to avail for. Underlying assets of all types are dealt with here, thereby drawing the attention of people who seek profitable deals to invest in.
The company does provide Geojit Option Trading, all of which you can avail of with just a payment of Rs.125 per lot as a brokerage for every lot.
Geojit Futures Trading
|Geojit Futures Charges|
The risk for all the other asset classes stays constant. A future segment is not affected by market volatility. It is because all the aspects of the contract are weighed and agreed upon in advance, including the time of the trade.
Therefore, people who are drawn towards Geojit Futures Trading may easily choose to avail of it. This broking house charges a mere 0.03% of brokerage for the services it provides.
Geojit Currency Trading
|Geojit Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.125 per lot|
Currency dealing has become quite a choice for a lot of people. Since it is traded through Forex, it is deemed to be profitable to a great extent, drawing out the attention of people in numerous ways. It would be a great choice if you opt for the Geojit Currency Trading services.
However, you would be expected to pay a charge for both the category. For the currency options, it is Rs.125 per lot, and for the currency futures, it is 0.03% of the total turnover.
Geojit Commodity Trading
|Geojit Commodity Charges|
Commodity trading has become quite a demanded segment of investment and is being widely accepted since the time of its emergence.
Unfortunately, there is no provision for Geojit Commodity Trading. This company provides no such service as of present times. So, if commodity trading is aspired investors need to look elsewhere to avail of this segment.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Geojit Online Trading Process
Safeguarding your interest in trading with Geojit, we would also like to help you take a step ahead. We are here to contribute to the process of getting associated with Geojit Online Trading.
We have put up all the steps which would let you successfully register for their services.
- You need to have a hold of a demat account with this company. You can get one with the help of this page. Search for the green button at the bottom of the page, which refers to “Open Demat Account”.
- When you click on it, you will view a pop-up, fill it up with your contact details, and a company executive will call you back.
- You will be explained, the entire process and formalities. Also, keep your documents handy, as you will be asked to upload them in scanned copy format, for the KYC procedure.
- If you do it right, and your documents are verified, an account will be granted to you.
- The credentials will be sent to you, in your email id. You need to log in using it.
- Use any of the company’s trading platforms, and log into it.
- You shall now create a watchlist and also explore all the other options.
- If you are good to go, and well accustomed to the tools, you may continue placing an order using the buy or sell button.
Geojit Online Trading Platforms
If you wish to know the medium which you can use to invest with the company, you might wish to take a look at the Geojit Trading Platforms. The platforms offered by the company are:
- Selfie Gold: It is a web-based platform provided by geojit finance. It caters for a lot of features such as a customizable dashboard, uniform experience across multiple devices, market intelligence, research calls etc.
- Selfie Platinum: With this virtual dealer terminal, you can invest in any items you want to, with ease. They have tons of facilities, which come in handy for trading activities. The remarkable options are customized market watches, fast trade execution, real-time updates, easy order placing, sophisticated study etc.
- Selfie Mobile: This is the official Geojit App, which lets you use their services on a mobile device. It is a state of art mobile trading platform, which is available to download in the major app stores. If you get a hold of it, you shall prosper in your respective investing planning and execution, on account of tons of features it provides. It includes market streaming, MBP and portfolio, customized settings etc, which lets you invest on the go.
Check out the Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Geojit Trading – Conclusion
So, this article has covered a lot of aspects fairly. We have provided all the essential information required. The efforts put by the company in the provision of Geojit Trading are spectacular and can be viewed through their service lineup.
Also, the Geojit Online Trading platforms are like the icing to the already served dish of products and services. The means to easy access is as well included by the company. Altogether, you are more likely to invest with a well-sorted company, if you choose Geojit.
Geojit Finance Trading FAQs
Does Geojit Finance provide Online Trading?
Yes, Geojit Finance does provide online trading using various platforms. These are Selfie Gold, Selfie Platinum and Selfie Mobile. Selfie Gold is a web-based platform, Selfie Platinum is a virtual dealer terminal and Selfie Mobile is a mobile app-based platform for trading.
What are the Charges in Geojit Finance?
At Geojit Finance, Transaction Charges are set at 0.00311%, the STT charges at 0.0126%, and the SEBI charges at 0.00005% of total turnover. The stamp duty charges vary as per state while the GST applied is 18% of the brokerage plus transaction charges.
Does Geojit Finance provide Delivery Trading?
Yes, Geojit Finance does provide delivery trading. The service is provided with top-tier quality in tow. It is a traditional type of trading, in which people buy stocks of companies, retain them for longer periods and sell them off. It is and has remained for quite some time, one of the most popular forms of trading.
Is delivery trading Free at Geojit Finance?
No, delivery trading is not free at Geojit Finance. However, while it isn’t free, the charges for delivery trading at Geojit Finance are a minute 0.30% which makes it an affordable and reasonable option for traders.
Does Geojit Finance provide Option Trading?
Yes, Geojit Finance does provide options trading. In this type of trading, buying and selling are done on the options market, which trades contracts based on securities, whereas options are contracts that give the bearer the right, but not the obligation, to either buy or sell an amount.
What are the Options Trading Charges at Geojit Finance?
The service for option trading at Geojit Finance can be availed at a dismal Rs. 125 per lot. This affordable cost makes it available to a larger population of traders and clients who can opt for options trading at the brokerage house without paying a hefty fee.
Does Geojit Finance provide Futures Trading?
Yes, Geojit Finance does provide Futures Trading. It is a reliable segment of trading with relatively low risk as this segment is not affected by market volatility. It is because all the aspects of the contract are weighed and agreed upon in advance, including the time of the trade.
What is Futures brokerage at Geojit Finance?
People from different backgrounds and experience in trading who are drawn towards Geojit Finance Trading may easily choose to avail of the futures trading option as this broking house charges a mere 0.03% of brokerage for the services it provides in this segment.
Is Geojit Finance safe for trading?
Yes, Geojit Finance, with its extensive support and assistance is a completely safe option for trading. Having serviced almost a million clients, the brokerage house is one of the most prominent security members in the nation, making it a reliable option with a good reputation.
Does Geojit Finance provide Trading Tips?
Yes, Geojit Finance does provide trading tips. The research provided spans many aspects based on the trading segment of Equity, Mutual Funds, Currency and IPO Analysis, and includes reports and free stock tips. The app in particular provides regular alerts and updates on the market to help clients make intelligent decisions.
Open Trading Account with Geojit – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles