Kotak Securities is an integral part of the Kotak Mahindra Bank which is a premier banking institution in the country. Kotak Securities Trading has been really popular among a lot of traders and investors because of the exceptional services provided by the firm.
In this article, we will discuss the various brokerage plans that the firm has for different trading segments and also will talk about the benefits of using the Kotak Securities Online Trading service.
The article will also cater to the people who want to know the process of starting Kotak Securities Online Trading. Apart from these, there will be other information as well as related to the trading terminals and others.
Kotak Securities Trading and Benefits
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities bring a lot of benefits with it which are discussed below –
- The Kotak Securities Online Trading facility is available on multiple trading platforms. There are highly advanced trading platforms that are offered by the firm which are discussed in detail below. All the platforms are accessible for trading.
- Apart from the online trading facility, there are multiple offices, branches, franchises of the firm where offline trading can also be done and this eases the life of the traders of the small towns and other cities that have not that much internet connection or having slow internet speed.
- The firm offers a 3-in-1 account as it has the banking services of its own. The fund transfers become really easy with this type of account and also safe as well.
- This firm is present in the market for over 25 years and this count for its reliability.
- The firm offers research and advisory services.
- There is a complaint cell where you can share all your grievances and every complaint will be dealt with due diligence and sincerity.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Kotak Securities Trading Charges
|Kotak Securities Charges|
|Transaction Charges||0.00320% of Total Turnover|
|STT Charges||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty Charges||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST Charges||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
The Kotak Securities Trading Charges are on the higher end as per the market, but that is only the brokerage charges. The mandatory charges are the same as they are decided by the government or SEBI.
The mandatory charges include –
- SEBI Turnover charges at 0.0002% on the total amount of the turnover.
- STT is levied at 0.0126% on the full amount of the turnover
- Transaction charges are levied on the same at 0.00320%.
- The Stamp duty is levied as per the state of the transaction and it is a very nominal amount
- The GST is levied at an 18% rate on the amount derived by clubbing brokerage amount and transaction charges together.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading|
Kotak Securities Delivery Trading
|Kotak Securities Delivery Charges|
The firm offers the delivery trading facility for the equity segment. It charges 0.49% of the transaction amount as Kotak Securities Delivery Trading.
The brokerage for this segment can be said to be average as per the market though little on the higher end.
Kotak Securities Intraday Trading
|Kotak Securities Intraday Charges|
The Kotak Securities Intraday Trading charges are 0.049% of the turnover which is on the higher end of the spectrum. The intraday charge being high is a problem for the daily traders and especially for the bulk traders.
However, the facilities and trading platforms provided by the firm justify this charge.
Kotak Securities Option Trading
|Kotak Securities Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.100 per Lot|
The charges for Kotak Securities Option Trading are Rs.100 per lot for the equity options segment. It is also on the higher side and the market average is lower than this.
Kotak Securities Futures Trading
|Kotak Securities Futures Charges|
For Kotak Securities Futures Trading, you need to pay 0.049% of the total transaction as brokerage. This investment option being safe from the market volatility is highly aspired by the investors, for investment.
Kotak Securities Currency Trading
|Kotak Securities Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.70 per Lot|
For the currency segment, the charges for Kotak Securities Currency Trading are Rs.70 per lot for the currency options and for the currency futures it is 0.049%.
Kotak Securities Commodity Trading
|Kotak Securities Commodity Charges|
The firm does not offer commodities trading facilities and thus, there is no charge for Kotak Securities Commodity Trading.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Kotak Securities Online Trading Process
The process for Kotak Securities Online Trading is –
- Start with account opening with Kotak Securities and for the same you have to click on this button you see on this webpage where it is mentioned to “Open Demat Account”.
- You need to fill the application form that appears on the screen of your computer and click on submit option, and the further process will be directed to the company executives.
- Make sure you upload all the documents that are mentioned and upload their scan copies online, as directed by the executives.
- If your application is approved and the documents are verified then you will receive the login details on your registered mail id.
- You have to login to the Kotak Securities website using the login credentials you have received
- The trading platforms are on the website ready for download. Download the trading terminal from the website. You can download the mobile trading application from Google Playstore or Apple Store.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- After you have downloaded the trading platforms – terminal software, and mobile application or login to the web-browser based platform directly you need to create a market watchlist.
- To create the watchlist of stocks, you have to add your favourite stocks scrips by selecting them and click on the add button
- Once the market watchlist is created, you can start trading
- If you want to trade or track a stock, you just need to click on that scrip
- You will see all the details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY and others
- Select the scrips and then select the option of “buy or sell”.
Kotak Securities Online Trading Platforms
There are five different Kotak Securities Trading Platforms and they are discussed below –
- Kotak Securities trading platform for browser-based trading does not require you to download any software or application. It is like the website where you need to login and you can see the whole platform. You can trade in different trading segments using this platform.
- The next is Kotak Securities XTRALITE which is a web-browser based platform again but for the places where a network is slow. It works in remote places. It works on any devices – mobile, laptop, desktop or tablets as well. There are order monitoring facilities and a lot of resources for market research.
- KEAT Pro X is the trading terminal of the firm. It is for the active and serious traders who trade in bulk and need speed in trading. It has a highly responsive trading interface that offers the speed the traders want while trading and loaded with multiple analytical tools and others.
- Then comes the Kotak Securities Fastlane which is a trading terminal based on Java but it is for the places where the internet is slow.
- Kotak Stock Trader is the mobile trading application offered by the firm to the traders. This Kotak Securities App has a customized watchlist option, transferring funds is really smooth and easy on this platform and there is high-level security on this application which helps in securing your shares and funds and your information as well.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Kotak Securities Trading – Conclusion
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities are sought after for various reasons as we saw above. One of the most important benefits of Kotak Securities Online Trading is its trading platforms which are five in number catering to the need of different traders, in a different situation.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles
|Top 10 Discount Brokers in India|
|Top 10 Full Service Brokers in India|
|Best Stock Broker in India|
|Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Broker Comparison|
|Top 10 Broking Franchise|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Stock Market Franchise|