Kotak Securities Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 15, 2023
Kotak Securities is an integral part of Kotak Mahindra Bank, a premier banking institution in the country. Kotak Securities Trading has been popular among many traders and investors because of the exceptional services provided by the firm.
In this article, we will discuss the various brokerage plans that the firm has for different trading segments and talk about the benefits of using the Kotak Securities Online Trading service.
The article will also cater to people who want to know how to start Kotak Securities Online Trading. Apart from these, there will be other information related to the trading terminals and others.
Kotak Securities Trading and Benefits
Backed by the support of millions of trading enthusiasts and investors, Kotak Securities aims at offering the Top Trading Account in India and immaculately curated services.
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities bring a lot of benefits with it which are discussed below –
- The Kotak Securities Online Trading facility is available on multiple trading platforms. There are highly advanced trading platforms offered by the firm, which are discussed in detail below. All the platforms are accessible for trading.
- Apart from the online trading facility, there are multiple offices, branches, and franchises of the firm where offline trading can also be done, which eases the life of the traders of small towns and other cities that do not have that much internet connection or have slow internet speed.
- The firm offers a 3-in-1 account as it has banking services. Fund transfers become easy with this type of account safe.
- This firm has been present in the market for over 25 years, which counts for its reliability.
- The firm offers research and advisory services.
- There is a complaint cell where you can share all your grievances, and every complaint will be dealt with due diligence and sincerity.
- Kotak Securities offer a wide range of products and services supported by an efficient customer care system, learn all the features from the Kotak Securities Review page.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Kotak Securities Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy-side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 25 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 50/- per request and Rs 3/- per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||0.05% of the value of securities|
|Pledge Invocation||0.04% of the value of securities|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 18.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
The Kotak Securities Trading Charges are on the higher end as per the market, but that is only the brokerage charges. The mandatory charges are the same as the government or SEBI decides them.
The mandatory charges include :
- SEBI Turnover charges at 0.0005% on the total amount of the turnover.
- STT is levied at 0.0126% on the full amount of the turnover
- Transaction charges are levied on the same at 0.00320%.
- The Stamp duty is levied as per the state of the transaction, and it is a very nominal amount
- The GST is levied at an 18% rate on the amount derived by clubbing brokerage amount and transaction charges together.
To know more in detail, also check Kotak Securities Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- HDFC Securities Trading Account
- ICICI Direct Trading Account
- Axis Direct Trading Account
- SBI Cap Securities Trading Account
- Motilal Oswal Trading Account
Kotak Securities Delivery Trading
|Kotak Securities Delivery Charges|
The firm offers a delivery trading facility for the equity segment. It charges 0.49% of the transaction amount as Kotak Securities Delivery Trading.
The brokerage for this segment can be average as per the market, though a little on the higher end.
Kotak Securities Intraday Trading
|Kotak Securities Intraday Charges|
The Kotak Securities Intraday Trading charges are 0.049% of the turnover on the higher end of the spectrum. The high intraday charge is a problem for daily traders, especially bulk traders.
However, the facilities and trading platforms provided by the firm justify this charge.
Kotak Securities Option Trading
|Kotak Securities Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.300 per Lot|
Now, Kotak Securities Option Trading charges are Rs.100 per lot for the equity options segment. It is also higher, and the market average is lower than this.
Kotak Securities Futures Trading
|Kotak Securities Futures Charges|
For Kotak Securities Futures Trading, you need to pay 0.049% of the total transaction as a brokerage. This investment option being safe from market volatility is highly aspired by investors for investment.
Kotak Securities Currency Trading
|Kotak Securities Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.70 per Lot|
For the currency segment, Kotak Securities Currency Trading charges Rs.70 per lot for the currency options, and for the currency futures, it is 0.049%.
Kotak Securities Commodity Trading
|Kotak Securities Commodity Charges|
The firm provides 0.07% offer commodities trading facilities, and thus, there is a 0.07% charge for Kotak Securities Commodity Trading.
Kotak Securities Online Trading Process
The process for Kotak Securities Online Trading is:
- Start with account opening with Kotak Securities, and for the same, you have to click on this button you see on this webpage where it is mentioned to “Open Demat Account.”
- You need to fill out the application form that appears on the screen of your computer and click on the submit option, and the other process will be directed to the company executives.
- Ensure you upload all the mentioned documents and upload their scan copies online, as directed by the executives.
- If your application is approved and the documents are verified, you will receive the login details on your registered mail id.
- You have to log in to the Kotak Securities website using the login credentials.
- The trading platforms are on the website, ready for download. Download the trading terminal from the website. You can download the mobile trading application from the Google Play store or Apple Store.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- After you have downloaded the trading platforms – terminal software and mobile application or logged in to the web-browser-based platform directly, you need to create a market watchlist.
- To create the watchlist of stocks, you have to add your favourite stocks scrips by selecting them and clicking the add button.
- Once the market watchlist is created, you can start trading.
- If you want to trade or track a stock, you need to click on that scrip
- You will see all the details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY, and others
- Select the script and then select the option of “buy or sell.”
Kotak Securities Online Trading Platforms
There are five different Kotak Securities Trading Platforms, and they are discussed below –
- Kotak Securities trading platform for browser-based trading does not require you to download any software or application. It is like the website where you need to log in, and you can see the whole platform. You can trade in different trading segments using this platform.
- KEAT Pro X is the trading terminal of the firm. It is for active and serious traders who trade in bulk and need speed in trading. It has a highly responsive trading interface that offers traders the speed they want while trading and is loaded with multiple analytical tools and others.
- Then comes Kotak Securities TradeSmart, a trading terminal based on Java, but it is for places where the internet is slow.
- Kotak Stock Trader is a mobile trading application offered by the firm to traders. This Kotak Securities App has a customized watchlist option; transferring funds is smooth and easy on this platform. This application has high-level security, which helps secure your shares, funds, and information.
Kotak Securities Trading – Conclusion
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities are sought after for various reasons, as we saw above. One of the most important benefits of Kotak Securities Online Trading is its trading platforms which are five in number, catering to the needs of different traders in different situations.
Kotak Securities online FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to Kotak Securities:
Do Kotak Securities provide Online Trading?
Kotak Securities have been providing impeccable services to their customers for years now; given the premier baking firm that Kotak is, they have been walking shoulder to shoulder with current market advancement and have now also been providing Online Trading opportunities to all of their traders.
What are the Charges in Kotak Securities?
While the brokerage charges of the firm are more or less the same as that of the current markets, the other necessary charges which are also asked are – the SEBI turnover charge which is around 0.0005% of the total turnover. The STT charge is around 0.0126% of the full turnover.
Do Kotak Securities provide Delivery Trading?
Delivery trading is one of the most used or common trading practices traders widely adopt. Delivery gives the traders the luxury to sell their shares according to their best convenience and when they find the market in their favour. Kotak Securities indeed provide the delivery trading service to their customers.
Is delivery trading Free at Kotak Securities?
The brokerage of this segment is more or less similar to the standard market brokerage charge. The traders at Kotak Securities must pay a brokerage of 0.49% per trade in this field.
Do Kotak Securities provide Option Trading?
Traders widely trade in options, which is very helpful while protecting them from portfolio losses. As options act as an agreement for sell or buying of a share. Kotak Securities provides splendid service for option trading and has been widely praised for the very same.
What are Options Trading Charges at Kotak Securities?
Equity option brokerage at Kotak Securities is very systematic, and the brokerage structure for the same is flat and customary. Customers at Kotak Securities bear a brokerage of RS 100 per lot on equity options.
Do Kotak Securities provide Futures Trading?
As futures are known for their great diversification and hedging, they have always remained a centre of exceptional attention for traders and investors. For years, Kotak Securities have been providing better trade solutions and platforms for equity futures.
What is Futures brokerage at Kotak Securities?
There is a very low cost of brokerage associated with equity futures; Kotak Securities does not load their customers with excess brokerage and thus asks for only 0.049% of the brokerage charge in this field.
Are Kotak Securities safe for trading?
Kotak Securities carry 25 plus years of trust and reliability with every service they provide; their trading platform has proven an epitome of success and profit for many years, while trade security has always remained a prime focus.
Do Kotak Securities provide Trading Tips?
Yes, new traders at Kotak Securities can confidently join hands with the firm as this broker house has been remarkably appreciated for its unmatched financial and market-related advice, which has been proven to be of service in the long run.
Is Kotak Securities good for trading?
Kotak Securities is a good choice for trading purposes. Kotak Securities is a subdivision of Kotak Mahindra bank. It is a full-service stockbroking entity. It caters to Retail investors and Institutional Investors.
How can I trade in Kotak Securities?
- Open a Demat account with Kotak Securities.
- Understand its features and requirements.
- Trade-in securities from buying and selling options.
What is Kotak Securities’ trading platform?
Kotak Securities has various trading platforms for offering seamless services to customers. The platforms include the website, KEAT ProX, Kotak Stock Trader, Fastlane, Xtralite, Dealer Assisted Trading, and Call & Trade.
What is the minimum balance in the Kotak trading account?
There is no minimum balance to be maintained in a Trading account. Investors can invest in securities as they please.
Can I buy international stocks from Kotak Securities?
Kotak Securities has a dedicated team to support and advise investors about investing in international stocks.
They have a dedicated trading platform where Indian residents and NRIs can buy international stocks.
Are Kotak Securities safe?
Kotak Securities is backed by Kotak Mahindra Bank, one of the largest private sector banks. Trading in securities with Kotak Securities is completely safe and reliable.
What is margin money payment in Kotak Securities?
Margin trading allows investors to trade in securities by paying a portion of the trade value upfront, and the remaining is paid later.
How can I buy Kotak Security shares?
- Login to your Kotak Securities account.
- Search for the stock you want to buy.
- Click on the “Buy” button.
- Please place the order and confirm it.
How can I place a limit on Kotak Securities?
A limit order means buying or selling a security at some specific price. The trade is executed when the stock is priced at the same price the investor has quoted.
How do I add money to my Kotak Stock Trader?
After logging in to your account in the Kotak Securities trading platform, go to ‘Funds.’ Here, from the ‘Money Transfer option, you can add funds. Enter the bank name, account number, and other details and to transfer funds, click on ‘Go.’
How can I buy and sell in Kotak Securities?
You can buy or sell securities from a variety of Trading platforms laid out by Kotak Securities for the convenience of their customers. Search and select the stock and click on Buy/sell to place the order. Specify quantity and price and confirm the order.
How do I start trading for beginners?
The first requirement to start trading is the Demat and Trading account. Open a Demat account with a reliable stockbroker. Ensure to search about the features offered by different stock brokers. Select the stockbroker who suits your requirements. After opening Demat and trading account, start your investment journey.
What is the margin available in Kotak Securities?
Kotak Securities offers margin trade against the stocks. The available margin for Equity delivery is 1X, and for Equity Intraday, it is 5X.
How can I activate the Kotak Securities account?
To activate your Trading Account, click on the ‘Activate’ button. Now, mention your User ID and initial password. Enter your Client ID, initial password, and 4-digit pin on the next page. Click on ‘Submit,’ and your account will activate.
How can I use the Demat account in Kotak Securities?
- Open a Demat account with Kotak Securities.
- Fill out the form, and submit the documents.
- The details and documents are verified.
- After the verification, Kotak Securities will open your Demat Account.
- You can access the Demat Account through the trading platforms provided for trading.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles