Kotak Securities Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
Kotak Securities is an integral part of the Kotak Mahindra Bank which is a premier banking institution in the country. Kotak Securities Trading has been really popular among a lot of traders and investors because of the exceptional services provided by the firm.
In this article, we will discuss the various brokerage plans that the firm has for different trading segments and also will talk about the benefits of using the Kotak Securities Online Trading service.
The article will also cater to the people who want to know the process of starting Kotak Securities Online Trading. Apart from these, there will be other information as well as related to the trading terminals and others.
Kotak Securities Trading and Benefits
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities bring a lot of benefits with it which are discussed below –
- The Kotak Securities Online Trading facility is available on multiple trading platforms. There are highly advanced trading platforms that are offered by the firm which are discussed in detail below. All the platforms are accessible for trading.
- Apart from the online trading facility, there are multiple offices, branches, franchises of the firm where offline trading can also be done and this eases the life of the traders of the small towns and other cities that have not that much internet connection or having slow internet speed.
- The firm offers a 3-in-1 account as it has the banking services of its own. The fund transfers become really easy with this type of account and also safe as well.
- This firm is present in the market for over 25 years and this count for its reliability.
- The firm offers research and advisory services.
- There is a complaint cell where you can share all your grievances and every complaint will be dealt with due diligence and sincerity.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Kotak Securities Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 25 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 50/- per request and Rs 3/- per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||0.05% of the value of securities|
|Pledge Invocation||0.04% of the value of securities|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 18.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
The Kotak Securities Trading Charges are on the higher end as per the market, but that is only the brokerage charges. The mandatory charges are the same as they are decided by the government or SEBI.
The mandatory charges include –
- SEBI Turnover charges at 0.0005% on the total amount of the turnover.
- STT is levied at 0.0126% on the full amount of the turnover
- Transaction charges are levied on the same at 0.00320%.
- The Stamp duty is levied as per the state of the transaction and it is a very nominal amount
- The GST is levied at an 18% rate on the amount derived by clubbing brokerage amount and transaction charges together.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading|
Kotak Securities Delivery Trading
|Kotak Securities Delivery Charges|
The firm offers the delivery trading facility for the equity segment. It charges 0.49% of the transaction amount as Kotak Securities Delivery Trading.
The brokerage for this segment can be said to be average as per the market though little on the higher end.
Kotak Securities Intraday Trading
|Kotak Securities Intraday Charges|
The Kotak Securities Intraday Trading charges are 0.049% of the turnover which is on the higher end of the spectrum. The intraday charge being high is a problem for the daily traders and especially for the bulk traders.
However, the facilities and trading platforms provided by the firm justify this charge.
Kotak Securities Option Trading
|Kotak Securities Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.300 per Lot|
The charges for Kotak Securities Option Trading are Rs.100 per lot for the equity options segment. It is also on the higher side and the market average is lower than this.
Kotak Securities Futures Trading
|Kotak Securities Futures Charges|
For Kotak Securities Futures Trading, you need to pay 0.049% of the total transaction as brokerage. This investment option being safe from the market volatility is highly aspired by the investors, for investment.
Kotak Securities Currency Trading
|Kotak Securities Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.70 per Lot|
For the currency segment, the charges for Kotak Securities Currency Trading are Rs.70 per lot for the currency options and for the currency futures it is 0.049%.
Kotak Securities Commodity Trading
|Kotak Securities Commodity Charges|
The firm provides 0.07% offer commodities trading facilities and thus, there is a 0.07% charge for Kotak Securities Commodity Trading.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Kotak Securities Online Trading Process
The process for Kotak Securities Online Trading is –
- Start with account opening with Kotak Securities and for the same you have to click on this button you see on this webpage where it is mentioned to “Open Demat Account”.
- You need to fill the application form that appears on the screen of your computer and click on submit option, and the further process will be directed to the company executives.
- Make sure you upload all the documents that are mentioned and upload their scan copies online, as directed by the executives.
- If your application is approved and the documents are verified then you will receive the login details on your registered mail id.
- You have to login to the Kotak Securities website using the login credentials you have received
- The trading platforms are on the website ready for download. Download the trading terminal from the website. You can download the mobile trading application from Google Playstore or Apple Store.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- After you have downloaded the trading platforms – terminal software, and mobile application or login to the web-browser based platform directly you need to create a market watchlist.
- To create the watchlist of stocks, you have to add your favourite stocks scrips by selecting them and click on the add button
- Once the market watchlist is created, you can start trading
- If you want to trade or track a stock, you just need to click on that scrip
- You will see all the details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY and others
- Select the scrips and then select the option of “buy or sell”.
Kotak Securities Online Trading Platforms
There are five different Kotak Securities Trading Platforms and they are discussed below –
- Kotak Securities trading platform for browser-based trading, does not require you to download any software or application. It is like the website where you need to login and you can see the whole platform. You can trade in different trading segments using this platform.
- KEAT Pro X is the trading terminal of the firm. It is for the active and serious traders who trade in bulk and need speed in trading. It has a highly responsive trading interface that offers the speed the traders want while trading and loaded with multiple analytical tools and others.
- Then comes the Kotak Securities TradeSmart which is a trading terminal based on Java but it is for the places where the internet is slow.
- Kotak Stock Trader is the mobile trading application offered by the firm to the traders. This Kotak Securities App has a customized watchlist option, transferring funds is really smooth and easy on this platform and there is high-level security on this application which helps in securing your shares and funds and your information as well.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Kotak Securities Trading – Conclusion
The Kotak Securities Trading facilities are sought after for various reasons as we saw above. One of the most important benefits of Kotak Securities Online Trading is its trading platforms which are five in number catering to the need of different traders, in a different situation.
Kotak Securities online FAQs
Ques – Do Kotak Securities provide Online Trading?
Answer – Kotak Securities have been providing impeccable services to their customers for years now, given the premier baking firm that kotak is they have been walking shoulder to shoulder with current market advancement and now also been providing Online Trading opportunities to all of their traders.
Ques – What are the Charges in Kotak Securities?
Answer – While the brokerage charges of the firm are more or less same with that of the current market’s is. But the other necessary charges which are also asked are – SEBI turnover charge which is around 0.0005% of the total turnover while the STT charge is around 0.0126% of the full turnover.
Ques – Do Kotak Securities provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – Delivery trading is one of the most used or most common trading practices that are widely adopted by traders. As delivery gives the traders the luxury to sell their share according to their best convince and when they find the find the market in best of their favor. Kotak Securities indeed provide the delivery trading service to their customers.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at Kotak Securities?
Answer – The brokerage of this segment is more or less similar to standard market brokerage charge. Given the traders at Kotak Securities are required to pay a brokerage of 0.49% on per trade in this field.
Ques – Do Kotak Securities provide Option Trading?
Answer – Traders widely trade in options as it is very helpful while protecting from portfolio losses. As options act as an agreement for sell or buy of a share. Kotak Securities provides splendid service when it comes to option trading and have been widely praised for the very same.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at Kotak Securities?
Answer – Equity option brokerage at Kotak Securities is very systematic and the brokerage structured for the same is flat and customary. Customers at Kotak Securities bear a brokerage of RS 100 per lot on equity options.
Ques – Do Kotak Securities provide Futures Trading?
Answer – As futures are known for their great diversification and hedging, they have always remained a center of prime attention for traders and investors. Kotak Securities have been providing better trade solutions and platform for equity futures for years now.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at Kotak Securities?
Answer – There is a very low cost of brokerage associated with equity futures , Kotak Securities does not load their customers with excess brokerage and thus ask only 0.049% of brokerage charge in this very field.
Ques – Are Kotak Securities safe for trading?
Answer – Kotak Securities carry a 25 plus years of trust and reliability with every service they provide, their trading platform has been continuing to prove an epitome of success and profit for many years while the trade security has always remained a prime focus for the firm.
Ques – Do Kotak Securities provide Trading Tips?
Answer – Yes, new traders at Kotak Securities can every confidently join hands with the firm as this broker house has been remarkably appreciated of for their unmatched financial and market related advises which has been proven to be of service on a long run for traders.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles