SBI Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
SBI is a name in the financial industry of the country that everyone reckons with. This is known as the financial institution for everyone. SBI Trading service rendered by SBICAP Securities is a part of the great State Bank of India.
The firm is providing SBI Online Trading services for decades and more. It has both NRI and domestic clients, institutional and retail clients, traders and more than thousands of sub-brokers and agents working from 115 branches operating in the various parts of the country.
In this article, we will discuss the facilities that you can get from SBICAP Securities and the benefits. However, our main focus is on describing the brokerage charges levied by the firm for the different asset classes.
Apart from these, we will write about the trading platforms and the online trading procedure with SBI Cap Securities.
SBI Trading and Benefits
The SBI Trading facilities provided by the firm include the following features –
- SBI Online Trading facilities is available on multiple platforms that are offered by the firm. There are trading terminal, mobile trading application and browser-based trading platform for online trading.
- It is under the country’s largest banking network and thus, there is no question of distrusting the brand.
- It provides a great network
- The broker is a traditional one which provides all kind of research and advisory services along with the Demat and trading services.
- It offers all kinds of investment options ranging from the equities to the commodities. You can trade and invest in any of the asset classes or all.
- There are mutual funds as well if you want to invest in the share market using mutual funds, you can do that with SBI Cap Securities.
Open Trading Account with SBI Cap Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
SBI Trading Charges
|SBI Cap Securities Charges|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 5 per certificate + Rs 35 per request|
|Pledge Creation||If SSL/SBI is the counter party, 0.02% of Value or Min Rs 25 whichever is higher (Plus CDSL Charges)|
|Pledge Invocation||If SSL is not the counter party, 0.04% of Value or Min Rs 50 whichever is higher (Plus CDSL Charges)|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 12.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
The SBI Trading Charges includes –
- Brokerage charges are a little different from other firms. We will discuss the brokerage charges in detail in the next section of the article.
- Transaction charges at a rate of 0.00384% on the total turnover
- STT and SEBI Charges at 0.0126% and 0.00005% of the total transaction value respectively
- GST is levied on the transaction and brokerage charges clubbed together and the percentage for the same is 18% at present.
- Then comes the stamp duty which is levied as per the state government fixed price for the stamp. It depends on the state from which you are trading.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
SBI Delivery Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Delivery Charges|
For the SBI Cap Securities Delivery Trading services, you need to pay 0.50% of the transaction amount. It is at par with the brokerage rate for the same segment prevailing in the market.
SBI Intraday Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Intraday Charges|
The charges for SBI Cap Securities Intraday Trading is really high and there are not many firms which charge so high brokerage for day trade segment and it is 0.05%.
SBI Option Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs100 per lot|
While the brokerage for the cash segment is so high, the charge for the SBI Cap Securities Option Trading segment is Rs.100 per lot which is comparatively lower than many other full-service brokerage houses.
SBI Futures Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Futures Charges|
For the SBI Cap Securities Futures Trading, you have to pay brokerage within a range and that is 0.05%. This can be said to be in sync with the market average.
SBI Currency Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.30 per lot|
SBI Cap Securities Currency Trading is available at Rs.30 per lot for the currency options segment and at 0.03% of the transaction amount for the currency futures segment. Both the charges are really lower compared to the market averages.
SBI Commodity Trading
|SBI Cap Securities Commodity Charges|
SBI Cap Securities Commodity Trading services are yet to start.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading|
SBI Online Trading Process
Here is the detailed SBI Online Trading Process –
- Click on the button that you can find on this page where it is mentioned to “open Demat account”. Once you click on the link, there will be a form opening on the screen of your laptop or computer.
- Duly fill the form and make sure all the details are correct before submission. Click on the submit button.
- Once your form is submitted you will be redirected to another where you have to upload the documents for KYC purposes.
- You need to upload the scan copies of PAN, AADHAAR Card and a cancelled cheque and photograph.
- Wait for their call and mail when your KYC is done and your account is opened. If your account is opened then you receive the password and user id of the same in your mail.
- You need to login to the SBI Cap Securities website. Put the login details you have received and login.
- On the website, you will find all the details about the trading platforms the firm is offering. Click on the same and download the trading terminal.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- The online platform is accessible on the site itself.
- Now create the market watchlist by adding the stock scrips that you want to trade.
- After setting up the trading terminal and another platform, you need to go through the market continuously and do your research to grab the best opportunities in the market.
- Click on the scrip of the stock – view the details, market depth, and others
- Click on the buy and sell option. Put the details – price and unit of shares and other details as required
- Finally, click on place order.
SBI Online Trading Platforms
SBI Online Trading Platforms are an inclusive of the following mediums.
- The SBI Cap Securities App or the mobile trading application of SBICAP Securities is called SBI Smart Mobile App. It is a good mobile trading application for traders and investors who are not into bulk or active trading. It has great design and interfaces to sooth the trading experience of the traders and investors. The application gives you access to live market prices, updates and news. You can create a market watchlist on this application and track the stocks you want. You can also check your positions and status of the orders. It allows you to trade both on BSE and NSE.
- SBI Smart Express is the terminal-based trading software offered by the firm. It is high performing trading software that gives you a platform where you can trade in bulk and quick execution of the same happens helping you earn more profit. This Platform has all the data from the past for fundamental and technical analysis. It has multiple charts, indicators for technical analysis. There are multiple market watchlist facilities and you can avail the trading and research calls from this terminal as well.
- SBI Smart WEB is the browser-based trading platform of the firm which is a very lightweight platform offering quick fund transfer during trading. There are various fundamental and technical analysis tools and resources available on this platform as well. There is no need to download or install this platform as it can be directly used on the browser.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
SBI Trading – Conclusion
The SBI Trading facilities are one of the sought after Online Trading services because of its reliability.
SBI Online Trading is available at reasonable brokerage charges and also has the advanced trading platform. This makes the trading experience better for the traders.
SBI Smart Online Trading FAQ
Ques – Do SBI Smart provide Online Trading?
Answer – SBI Smart has been recalled and remembered as a very strong name in the financial industry, marking their services as an epitome of excellence. The brokerage house avail their clientele with services ranging from offline trading to Online Trading.
Ques – What are the Charges in SBI Smart?
Answer – The chares at SBI Smart are same as universal or standard charges that are followed in the market; the firm does not add any extra charge to the fore established charges. Charges at SBI Smart as follows- GST charges 18% of the brokerage, 0.0126% of STT charges and 0.00384% of transaction charges.
Ques – Do SBI Smart provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – The most common segment of trade is equity delivery, as every trader which to sell the share when the market is in the most favor of that. Thus, in order to facilitate better trade experiences SBI Smart have delivery trading service for interested customers.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at SBI Smart?
Answer – No, delivery trading brokerage at SBI Smart requires the trader to pay a fraction of total transaction amount. Traders are supposed to pay 0.50% of brokerage on equity delivery trades.
Ques – Do SBI Smart provide Option Trading?
Answer – Options have been an intrinsic art of traders where traders require a contract which gives them a right but as well not obligate the sell or buy of a particular share. SBI Smart have been repeatedly excelling and fining their service and this sector of trade. Thus the broker house provides option trading.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at SBI Smart?
Answer – The option trading segment of trading carries a flat and standard brokerage charge, given supporting traders who trade bulky shares or huge transaction amount. Traders at SBI Smart pay brokerage of RS 100 per trade on option trading.
Ques – Do SBI Smart provide Futures Trading?
Answer – As futures acts as a rigid contract in selling or buying of an asset, it thus is a very crucial part of trade. Given which SBI Smart provides their clientele with the most easy and seamless ways of trading in futures.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at SBI Smart?
Answer – At SBI Smart the brokerage for futures can be anywhere between the given range of 0.05%. The broker house provides their traders with the most finest of brokerage encouraging better trade experience.
Ques – Is SBI Smart safe for trading?
Answer – SBI Smart has been a very celebrated name in the industry for decades together. The firm today has their office spread all over the nation and is known for providing remarkable services in addition to unmatched security with every trade.
Ques – Do SBI Smart provide Trading Tips?
Answer – SBI Smart comes in that aura of full-service broker which have finely selected their research and advisory team only to grant the most genuine advice to their customers. Thus, the handpicked advisory team of SBI Smart has been widely chosen by traders when in need of advice of market research.
Open Trading Account with SBI Cap Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles