Sharekhan Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 11, 2023
If you are looking for a brokerage house that offers one of the best online trading services, you must think about Sharekhan Trading services. It is one of the largest brokers in the traditional brokerage firm segment.
It offers its services to millions of traders and investors and it has more than 1.4 million active client bases that use Sharekhan Online Trading facilities.
The firm is famous for its incredible brokerage plans, trading terminals and applications, and other facilities and services.
In this article, we will mainly focus on the different brokerage charges for every segment of assets, and we will also evaluate other charges. Apart from that, we will discuss the process of starting trading online with Sharekhan services and other details.
Sharekhan Trading and Benefits
Features and facilities are abundant with the Sharekhan Trading Facility. Here are some of the most crucial benefits that are offered by Sharekhan through its Top Trading Account services:
- For trading online, trading platforms are a must. So, Sharekhan has been developing different platforms to suit the requirements of different clients. They have different platforms starting from trading terminals to mobile applications. A call and trade facility is also available.
- There are multiple brokerage schemes for traders and investors to suit individual investment budgets. The firm also offers various discounts on brokerage, which reduces the brokerage charges if availed.
- The most important facility of this shared brokerage house is that they provide educational facilities through classroom and online platforms. Numerous resources can be found with Sharekhan for learning about the market. They also offer various workshops on trading, and seminars are also conducted at regular intervals.
- There is no charge for transferring funds from the account of other banks.
- The firm also does not charge any fee for DP transactions.
- You can keep your FDs as collateral with Sharekhan for trading derivatives which is one of the rarest features offered by any other firm in the market yet.
- They offer a call & trade facility, so if you cannot access the terminal or the mobile application, you can call the executives of Sharekhan and place and execute the trade on your behalf.
- The Sharekhan Review section will provide you with further information about Sharekhan and its products & services.
Open Trading Account with Sharekhan – Fill up the Form Now!
Sharekhan Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges
|Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)
|18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges
|Rs 20 per instruction
|Account Closure Charges
|Rs 25 per instruction
|Rs 5 per certificate
|0.03% of the value of the transaction (Min Rs 100)
|Rs. 17.5 per scrip
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure
|Rs. 12.5 per scrip
|Rs. 12.5 + Rs. 12.5 (Rs. 25 per scrip)
The Sharekhan Trading Charges include the brokerage charge for the transactions. The charges for each asset segment are different, with some similarities. The highest is charged for the delivery trades, which is normal in the market.
The trading charges also include the statutory charges: STT, SEBI turnover charges and transaction charges, GST, and stamp duty.
The stamp duty is levied according to the state from where you are trading, while the GST is charged at 18% on the brokerage and transaction charges.
The transaction charges, STT, and SEBI turnover charges are levied on the total turnover only at 0.00275%, 0.0126%, and 0.0005%.
To know more in detail, also check Sharekhan Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- Anand Rathi Trading Account
- Tradebulls Securities Trading Account
- Reliance Securities Trading Account
- Religare Securities Trading Account
- Ventura Securities Trading Account
Sharekhan Delivery Trading
|Sharekhan Delivery Charges
For the Sharekhan Delivery Trading, you need to pay 0.5% of the total transaction amount as brokerage to the firm. It has kept its charges for the Delivery trade at the market’s average.
Sharekhan Intraday Trading
|Sharekhan Intraday Charges
For the Sharekhan Intraday Trading service, the charge is 0.1% on the higher end. The average charge for the intraday segment is lower than this in the market. However, due to the exceptional quality of services and the range of the firm’s products, this charge can be justified.
Sharekhan Option Trading
|Sharekhan Option Charges
|Rs.50 per Lot
The charge for Sharekhan Option Trading is Rs.50 per lot. This is for equity options trading, which is high compared to most of the brokerage houses in the market.
Sharekhan Futures Trading
|Sharekhan Futures Charges
The firm also offers a futures trading facility, and the Sharekhan Futures Trading charges are fixed at 0.1% of the transaction. The rate is high, no doubt, but the firm offers such facilities worth the expense.
Sharekhan Currency Trading
|Sharekhan Currency Charges
|Rs.30 per Lot
For Sharekhan Currency Trading, you need to pay Rs.30 per lot for the currency options segment. The charge is levied at 0.1% of the turnover for the currency futures segment. The charges for the currency options are average, while the currency futures are a little higher.
Sharekhan Commodity Trading
|Sharekhan Commodity Charges
The Sharekhan Commodity Trading can be availed at a charge of 0.03% of the transaction amount. The firm offers a wide range of commodities to choose from and trade. The charge may seem slightly higher as per the average market rate for the same.
Sharekhan Online Trading Process
For starting Sharekhan Online Trading, you need to follow the below-mentioned process:
- For account opening with Sharekhan, you have to click on “Open Demat Account” on this webpage, which reads
- Fill out the form that appears on the screen of your computer and click on submit
- Submit documents online, as the company representative asks who calls you back.
- If your application and documents are verified and approved, you will receive the login details in your mail.
- Use the user id and the password received on your mail to log in to the Sharekhan website.
- Check the trading platforms, download the trading terminal, and download the mobile trading application from the Google Play store or Apple Store.
Downloading and setting up trading platforms
- Download the trading platforms – terminal software and mobile application or log in to the web-browser-based platform directly.
- Create the watchlist of stocks by adding your favourite stocks scrips
- You are all set to start trading.
- Select the stocks you want to trade
- Get all the details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others
- There is BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY, and other options
- So, while placing the order, you need to click the Buy or Sell option.
Sharekhan Online Trading Platforms
The Full-service Brokerage house, Sharekhan, has different Sharekhan Online Trading Platforms.
- Sharekhan Trade Tiger is a trading terminal that is highly powerful terminal software. It is highly recommendable for active traders. It helps you trade various assets; using the technical tools is super easy on this platform, and it has a load of it.
- The Sharekhan App is the mobile application tool that the firm offers. It has been in use since a time when a mobile application for trading was not that popular in the market. It offers live reports, news, real-time updates, easy fund transfer, and many other facilities.
- Sharekhan Mini is an online trading platform for places where the internet is slow. It can work on the 2G network as well, and thus, it helps traders from remote places to trade whenever they want.
- Sharekhan also offers Sharekhan NEO, an initiative to make Robo-advisory services popular.
Sharekhan Trading – Conclusion
With Sharekhan Trading services, you can trade across different market segments at a cost that is perfectly justifiable as per the quality and quantity of services offered by Sharekhan.
Sharekhan Online Trading services is one of the largest in the industry because of its exceptional quality of service.
Sharekhan Online Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to Sharekhan trading:
Does Sharekhan provide Online Trading?
Sharekhan undeniably provides Online trading services. It is, in fact, one of the best in recent times. It provides steady experience and advice to newcomers, polishing their novel ideas.
What are the Charges in Sharekhan?
First and foremost, the Sharekhan Trading Charges include the brokerage charge, then comes the trading charges, which are STT at a rate of 0.0126%, SEBI turnover charges at 0.0005%, transaction charges at 0.00275%, GST at an 18% rate, and stamp duty, depending upon the state you reside in.
Does Sharekhan provide Delivery Trading?
Yes, they do. Sharekhan provides just the right delivery trading for the trader and investor with hassle-free functioning. The rates they work on are just as feasible and seem undoubtedly justified for a huge company.
Is delivery trading Free at Sharekhan?
It is not. You need to pay 0.5% of the total transaction fee as the sole brokerage to the company for the delivery trading. It has kept its delivery trading charges pretty feasible and average as far as the market is concerned.
Does Sharekhan provide Option Trading?
Sharekhan does provide options trading, but at an amount that seems a little too far-fetched compared to its competitors in the market.
What are Options Trading Charges at Sharekhan?
The charges for the options trading are a solid Rs.50 per lot. This, however, seems to subconsciously turn down a lot of new customers, for it is expensive. Nevertheless, the service provided by this company cannot be compared to its contemporaries in any way whatsoever.
Does Sharekhan provide Futures Trading?
The firm offers futures trading facilities that are fixed at 0.1% of the entire transaction money. The rate is not a doubt higher than the stable others, but the company offers incredible features and facilities, making money all the more worth it.
What is Futures brokerage at Sharekhan?
The futures brokerage at Sharekhan is a striking 0.1% of the entire turnover made from the total transaction, per se. And although a little tough on the monetary side, it builds up a good reputation for itself for people to put their money in it, wholly convinced.
Is Sharekhan safe for trading?
For safe and sound online trading, trading platforms are a necessity. Similarly, Sharekhan has been busy producing such a platform wherein different people would find different features to suit their interests and needs. With a secured server and a transparent motto, Sharekhan is as safe as anything else.
Does Sharekhan provide Trading Tips?
Sharekhan does offer some trade experience and ideas for new customers to get just as thorough with the proceedings as everyone else. The new call and trade facility makes every job ten times easier to be done. Be it the internet assistance or an on-call one, the executives at this company are always willing to leap forward in your assistance.
Is Sharekhan good for trading?
Sharekhan has developed and maintained a reputable position in the market. It delivers standardized services to its customers and ensures integrity. Sharekhan is an ideal choice to kick off your investment journey.
Is Sharekhan good for beginners?
Sharekhan offers an easy and paperless Demat account opening process free of cost. It maintains a close relationship with customers and underpins their trading journey at every step. Therefore, it is undisputedly in favour of a person to commence their trading journey with Sharekhan.
How can I trade in Sharekhan?
You can trade with Sharekhan through their:
- Mobile Application
To trade in shares through the Sharekhan website – Go to the website and click on the “Trade Now” button. Now a new page will appear for logging in. Log in with your ID and password.
After logging in, click on ”Trade Now,” It will redirect you to “New Order Form.” Select the exchange, the stock you want to buy/sell, the order quantity, and the order type. Now Select Buy/Sell accordingly.
To trade in shares through the Sharekhan Mobile application – Open the mobile app, and log in to your account. Go to “Trade.” Select the stock, specify other details, and click “Trade Now.”
Is Sharekhan demat account free?
Yes, Sharekhan offers Free Demat account openings to its customers. The account opening process is online and paperless. Sharekhan offers a seamless step procedure to open an account for trading.
How much margin does Sharekhan give?
Sharekhan offers a maximum of 5x leverage on Equity Intraday trading according to the stock. Future & Options intraday margin is 1.3x across currency, equity, and commodity trading.
Which is the cheapest stock broker in India?
Some of the best discount brokers in India are –
Zerodha, Angel Broking, Upstox, Paytm Money, SAMCO, Groww, 5paisa, Alice Blue, and many other firms offer attractive brokerages.
Who is the CEO of Sharekhan?
Jaideep Arora is the CEO of Sharekhan.
Can I transfer my shares from Sharekhan to Zerodha?
Yes, you can transfer shares from Sharekhan to Zerodha. You will have to fill out and submit the account closure cum transfer form with Sharekhan. You will also require to submit the Client Master Report (CMR) from Zerodha to Sharekhan. After that, your request for closure will initiate.
What is a big trade, Sharekhan?
BigTrade+ is a facility of order placement offered by Sharekhan where a customer can place an order for any Market/Limit backed by a stop-loss order. It is a leveraged product for Sharekhan customers to trade more confidently.
How much is Sharekhan’s brokerage?
Sharekhan has widened its arms with 1800 offices present in the country, covering over 550 cities. Sharekhan strives to offer the best of services at prices at reasonable charges. They charge 0.50% for equity delivery and 0.10% for equity intraday trading.
Who owns Sharekhan?
Sharekhan was founded by Shripal Morakhia in 2000. He is a Mumbai-based entrepreneur.
How long does it take to withdraw money from Sharekhan?
Usually, the withdrawal of funds from the Sharekhan account to your Bank account takes one business day. In some cases, it might take about 2 to 3 business days to be credited to your registered bank account.
What is the full name of Sharekhan?
Sharekhan has been acquired by BNP Paribas and since then it has been rebranded as Sharekhan by BNP Paribas.
What is the cash limit in Sharekhan?
Sharekhan is a full-service stockbroker offering services like portfolio management and investment in various securities. Sharekhan provides non-cash limits where you can invest in securities with “Limit Against Shares.”
How can I transfer money from Sharekhan to my bank account?
- Log in to your trading account.
- Go to the “Accounts” section and click on the “Funds” tab.
- Select the type of transfer method.
- Enter the amount you want to transfer.
- Select the bank account for the transfer of money in case of multiple bank accounts.
- Now, enter your trading password.
Open Trading Account with Sharekhan – Fill up the Form Now!