Edelweiss Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
Edelweiss Broking Ltd.is a decade old financial service firm in the country which has gathered quite a lot of praise for its excellent services and products in the financial industry. It offers Edelweiss Trading services and various Edelweiss Online Trading facilities.
Along with that fact, it offers great research and advisory services. It’s one of the most important aspects, and is its advisory services. The firm is no less in developing new technologies and thus, it offers great platforms for online trading as well.
In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of the firm starting from its features and the benefits it provides to the customers and then will slip into the different charges that you need to pay when you trade using the Edelweiss platforms and services.
After the brokerage charges, we will take you through the entire process of trading online and the related process. Then, we will also give you the insights of the trading platforms that the firm offers to the customers for trading online.
Edelweiss Trading and Benefits
The benefits and the features of Edelweiss Online Trading are as follows:
- Edelweiss Trading can be available at a very cheap brokerage scheme which will discuss in detail in the latter segment of the article. However, the firm offers the Edelweiss Lite brokerage scheme which is a discounted brokerage scheme. Using this scheme one can trade at only Rs.10 per order which gets executed. It is a highly discount brokerage plan that really helps the bulk and active traders a lot.
- All the trading platforms that the firm offers are enriched with analytical tools, research and reports, various technical indicators, data, and information and real-time updates apart from the trading tools which are there on all the platforms.
- The trader or the investor will get all products of the investment arena under one roof at Edelweiss. It has Equities as well as mutual funds and derivatives all in one place. It helps the traders to diversify the portfolio and that reduces the risk of trading and investment.
- The firm is having a wide presence across different cities of the country and has offline trading facilities as well which ensures that due to lack of internet or slow internet connection, no one misses any opportunity in the market they want to take advantage of.
- There is a great network of customer care support and services provided by the firm which helps to solve the queries and the issues of the customers.
- The firm provides an extensive research and advisory services and also portfolio management services.
- The firm doesn’t charge any extra fee or cost for trading platforms and research and advisory services.
Open Trading Account with Edelweiss – Fill up the Form Now!
Edelweiss Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||NIL|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 2.00 per certificate + Rs 20 for postage|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 6 per transaction+GST|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 25 per transaction|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 25 per transaction|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 35 per ISIN|
Hardly, there are brokerage houses in the country that can beat the Edelweiss Trading Charges for all the segments. Yes, The Edelweiss Lite which is a discounted brokerage plan or it will be better to say highly discounted brokerage scheme that offers a flat fee across all the segment.
Though the brokerage plan is discounted and flat, there are certain mandatory charges that one needs to pay when trading on this platform. The charges include:
- STT which is the securities transaction charges that are levied at 0.0126% on the overall transaction value.
- Then comes the SEBI Turnover charges levied on the turnover only at 0.00005%.
- GST is levied at 18% at present and it is calculated on the amount, taking together the transaction charges and brokerage charges of a transaction
- The transaction charges are 0.00275% of the total turnover
- Stamp duty is applicable as per the state of the trading operation
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||ICICI Direct Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
Edelweiss Delivery Trading
|Edelweiss Delivery Charges|
|Equity Delivery||Rs.10 per Trade|
For Edelweiss Delivery Trading, you need to pay Rs.10 per order which gets executed. Delivery trades usually attract huge brokerage but with Edelweiss, you just pay Rs.10 per trade.
Edelweiss Intraday Trading
|Edelweiss Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.10 per Trade|
The Edelweiss Intraday Trading facilities are available at the same price where you pay for each executed order Rs.10. This charge is lower than the market average as well.
Edelweiss Option Trading
|Edelweiss Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.10 per Trade|
The Edelweiss Option Trading is available at the same price of Rs.10 per order and this is one of the lowest brokerage charges for equity options trading you will find in the market.
Edelweiss Futures Trading
|Edelweiss Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||Rs.10 per Trade|
For Edelweiss Futures Trading, you need to pay Rs.10 per order only and there is no change in the same. You can hardly find any other brokerage house in the market providing the same facilities at this price.
Edelweiss Currency Trading
|Edelweiss Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.10 per Trade|
|Currency Futures||Rs.10 per Trade|
For both currency options and currency futures, Edelweiss Currency Trading charges you need to pay Rs. 10 per trade and you can understand how cheap it is. For currency options, it is really cheaper and hardly any brokerage house would provide currency options at this charge.
Edelweiss Commodity Trading
|Edelweiss Commodity Charges|
There is no Edelweiss Commodity Trading facility available yet.
So, as you see, the firm charges a flat fee for all the segments, be it derivatives or the currencies or the equities. This gives an edge to the active traders and also highly beneficial for the investors.
The charges are the lowest in the market and there is no firm in the market which charges lower than Rs.10 per order. You can order any volume of shares, commodities, derivatives in one order and the charge will be Rs.10 only.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||SBI Trading|
Edelweiss Online Trading Process
For the Edelweiss Online Trading, you need to:
- Open Edelweiss Demat and trading account and to open the same you need to click on the button where it is mentioned “Open Demat Account” on this page.
- Fill the application form that pops on the screen of your computer and submit the same, and an executive of the company will get in touch with you to share a form.
- Once the form is submitted, scan the documents you have to upload that are required for the verification process and upload the documents in the scanned format.
- Your documents will be verified at their end and then you will receive the login credential on successful verification of the documents and the details provided by you.
Login and Set up
- You need to login to the Edelweiss website. Use the login credentials that you have received on your mail
- Download the trading terminal and app offered by the firm from the website of Edelweiss once you log in.
- Create the watchlist of stocks and for the same, you need to add stocks scrips by selecting them and click on the add button
- You can start trading after you have created the watchlist
- All the scrips of stocks are visible on your screen in the market watch list, click on the one you want to track and trade
- The details of the stocks will be visible on the screen – current price, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen
- Select the buy or sell option as per the requirement and then check out your order.
Edelweiss Online Trading Platforms
The broking house offers one of the best trading platforms in the industry and here we will discuss all of the Edelweiss Trading Platforms and Edelweiss App for the mobile and other devices.
- Edelweiss Capital Xtreme Trader is the terminal software that is for desktop trading and mainly beneficial for active traders and intraday traders. The software is loaded with features and it is highly responsive and very quick in processing orders. The platform is loaded with research reports, analytical tools, fundamental reports and many others. There is full customization available for the platform and you can make it your own by customizing the platform. There are various interactive charts, indicators and triggers to help you trade more consciously.
- Edelweiss Capital Traders Lounge is the browser-based platform for trading offered by the firm. It just requires you to log in and then you can start trading. There is no need for any installation or download. The platform can be used across different browsers as well, and there is no restriction on that. The platform offers an abundance of information on the market, data, research reports, reviews and many others. Then there is a multiple market watchlist facility, and the interface of the platform really worth a mention as it is super-quick, responsive and user-friendly.
- Edelweiss Mobile Trader App allows you to track your portfolio anywhere you go and there is no boundary of place or time for trading with this application. There are more than seventeen technical indicators that are available on the mobile application only for technical analysis and this is really huge. The interface is quick, responsive and very customer-oriented. You can place an order with just three clicks and it gets executed smoothly as it matches the market.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
Edelweiss Trading – Conclusion
Edelweiss Trading facilities come really for cheap prices of Rs.10 per order as the Edelweiss Online Trading facilities and offline as well are worthy of more. They have all the facilities for the customers ranging from Demat and trading to the research and advisory.
Their trading platforms are extremely advanced and improve the experience of trading. You get a margin trading facility as well to be used on this platform.
Edelweiss intraday FAQ
Ques – Does Edelweiss provide Online Trading?
Answer – Edelweiss has been a much appreciated financial service firm in the country which has been quite famous for providing excellent and unsurpassed services to their clients for decades. The firm provides both offline and online trading services to their clients.
Ques – What are the Charges in Edelweiss?
Answer – The brokerage charges at Edelweiss are unbeatable, the brokerage model at this firm carry a very fine structure. The SEBI turnovers charges are around 0.00005% total turnover, while STT charges are around 0.0126% of total turnover.
Ques – Does Edelweiss provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – Delivery trading is a very intrinsic part of stock industry, as most traders wish to keep their securities or assets in their account until the market seems fair. Thus, seeing the hype and the interest for delivery Edelweiss provides delivery trading to their clients.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at Edelweiss?
Answer – At Edelweiss the delivery trading follow a specific flat price for every transaction. The brokerage on equity delivery at Edelweiss is around RS 10 per trade.
Ques – Does Edelweiss provide Option Trading?
Answer – Edelweiss has been providing an assortment of trading services for around a decade; their client managing skills have been widely appreciated. While, given the list of services Edelweiss provides, option trading is one of them.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at Edelweiss?
Answer – The brokerage prices at Edelweiss has been always in favor of their customers, given the current stock market situation where traders are getting more active and less occasional, Edelweiss’s brokerage on option trading is quite fair. The charge for per trade at Edelweiss is only around RS 10.
Ques – Does Edelweiss provide Futures Trading?
Answer – Future trading is the kind of trading that is agreed to happen on a pre-agreed date in future by respective parties. Edelweiss lends their services on this very segment of trade and provides trouble-free way to future trade for interested traders.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at Edelweiss?
Answer – Edelweiss charges a very defined and customary designed, traders only need to pay RS 10 per order. There are hardly any brokerage houses in the market which work on such less brokerage.
Ques – Is Edelweiss safe for trading?
Answer – Edelweiss has a very wide presence almost across all over the nation both online and offline, while the offline service of this very firm has been testified to be secure, their online segment too have been reportedly appreciated by clients for transparency and security in trade.
Ques – Does Edelweiss provide Trading Tips?
Answer – The firm impart a wide-ranging research and advisory service to their customers and as well as portfolio management services. While the company’s enormous network of customer support has been solving client queries actively.
Open Trading Account with Edelweiss – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles