Edelweiss Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 14, 2023
Edelweiss Broking Ltd. is a decade-old financial service firm in the country which has gathered quite a lot of praise for its excellent services and products in the financial industry. It offers Edelweiss Trading services and various Edelweiss Online Trading facilities.
Along with that fact, it offers great research and advisory services. It’sIt’s one of the most important aspects of its advisory services. The firm is no less in developing new technologies, and thus, it offers great platforms for online trading.
In this article, we will discuss the various aspects of the firm, starting from its features and the benefits it provides to the customers and then will slip into the different charges you need to pay when you trade using the Edelweiss platforms and services.
After the brokerage charges, we will take you through the entire trading online and the related process. Then, we will also give you insights into the trading platforms that the firm offers to customers for trading online.
Edelweiss Trading and Benefits
To execute your trades well, an efficient trading account and the system is an indispensable factors. Therefore, it is of great importance to choose the Best Trading Account in India. And Edelweiss is the best choice to start off.
Edelweiss came into existence in 2008 and is headquartered in Mumbai, India. The benefits and features of Edelweiss Online Trading are as follows:
- Edelweiss Trading can be available at a very cheap brokerage scheme which will discuss in detail in the latter segment of the article. However, the firm offers the Edelweiss Lite brokerage scheme, a discounted brokerage scheme. Using this scheme, one can trade at only Rs.10 per order, which gets executed. It is a highly discount brokerage plan that helps bulk and active traders a lot.
- The trading platforms that the firm offers are enriched with analytical tools, research and reports, various technical indicators, data and information, and real-time updates apart from the trading tools on all the platforms.
- The trader or the investor will get all products of the investment arena under one roof at Edelweiss. It has Equities, mutual funds, and derivatives all in one place. It helps traders diversify their portfolios, reducing the risk of trading and investment.
- The firm has a wide presence across different cities in the country. It also has offline trading facilities, which ensures that due to a lack of internet or slow internet connection, no one misses any opportunity in the market they want to take advantage of.
- There is a great network of customer care support and services the firm provides, which helps solve the customer’s queries and issues.
- The firm provides extensive research and advisory services and also portfolio management services.
- The firm doesn’t charge any extra fee or cost for trading platforms and research and advisory services.
- Edelweiss Review helps you to get well-versed with all the features of this stock-broking entity.
Open Trading Account with Edelweiss – Fill up the Form Now!
Edelweiss Trading Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges
|Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)
|18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges
|Rs 20 per instruction
|Account Closure Charges
|Rs 2.00 per certificate + Rs 20 for postage
|Rs 6 per transaction+GST
|Rs 25 per transaction
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure
|Rs 25 per transaction
|Rs 35 per ISIN
Hardly, brokerage houses in the country can beat the Edelweiss Trading Charges for all the segments. Yes, The Edelweiss Lite is a discounted brokerage plan, or it would be better to say a highly discounted brokerage scheme that offers a flat fee across all segments.
Though the brokerage plan is discounted and flat, there are certain mandatory charges that one needs to pay when trading on this platform. The charges include:
- STT is the securities transaction charge levied at 0.0126% on the overall transaction value.
- Then comes the SEBI Turnover charges levied on the turnover only at 0.00005%.
- GST is levied at 18% at present, and it is calculated on the amount, taking together the transaction charges and brokerage charges of a transaction
- The transaction charges are 0.00275% of the total turnover.
- Stamp duty is applicable as per the state of the trading operation.
To know more in detail, also check Edelweiss Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- Zerodha Trading Account
- Upstox Trading Account
- Groww Trading Account
- Angel One Trading Account
- IIFL Trading Account
Edelweiss Delivery Trading
|Edelweiss Delivery Charges
|Rs.10 per Trade
For Edelweiss Delivery Trading, you need to pay Rs.10 per order, which gets executed. Delivery trades usually attract huge brokerage, but with Edelweiss, you pay Rs.10 per trade.
Edelweiss Intraday Trading
|Edelweiss Intraday Charges
|Rs.10 per Trade
The Edelweiss Intraday Trading facilities are available at the same price where you pay for each executed order Rs.10. This charge is lower than the market average as well.
Edelweiss Option Trading
|Edelweiss Option Charges
|Rs.10 per Trade
The Edelweiss Option Trading is available at the same price of Rs.10 per order, and this is one of the lowest brokerage charges for equity options trading you will find in the market.
Edelweiss Futures Trading
|Edelweiss Futures Charges
|Rs.10 per Trade
For Edelweiss Futures Trading, you need to pay Rs.10 per order only, and there is no change in the same. You can hardly find any other brokerage house in the market providing the same facilities at this price.
Edelweiss Currency Trading
|Edelweiss Currency Charges
|Rs.10 per Trade
|Rs.10 per Trade
Now, Edelweiss Currency Trading charges you need to pay Rs for both currency options and currency futures. Ten per trade, and you can understand how cheap it is. For currency options, it is cheaper, and hardly any brokerage house would provide currency options at this charge.
Edelweiss Commodity Trading
|Edelweiss Commodity Charges
There is no Edelweiss Commodity Trading facility available yet.
So, as you see, the firm charges a flat fee for all the segments, be it derivatives or currencies, or equities. This gives an edge to active traders and is also highly beneficial for investors.
The charges are the lowest in the market, and there is no firm in the market which charges lower than Rs.10 per order. You can order any volume of shares, commodities, or derivatives in one order, and the charge will be Rs.10 only.
Edelweiss Online Trading Process
For Edelweiss Online Trading, you need to:
- Open Edelweiss Demat and trading account, and to open the same, you need to click on the button where it is mentioned: “Open Demat Account” on this page.
- Fill out the application form that pops on your computer screen and submit the same, and an executive of the company will get in touch with you to share a form.
- Once the form is submitted, scan the documents you have to upload required for the verification process and upload the documents in the scanned format.
- Your documents will be verified at their end, and then you will receive the login credential on successful verification of the documents and the details provided by you.
Login and Set up
- You need to log in to the Edelweiss website. Use the login credentials that you have received in your mail.
- Download the trading terminal and app offered by the firm from the website of Edelweiss once you log in.
- Create the watchlist of stocks, and for the same, you need to add stocks script by selecting them and clicking on the add button.
- You can start trading after you have created the watchlist.
- All the scripts of stocks are visible on your screen in the market watch list; click on the one you want to track and trade.
- The details of the stocks will be visible on the screen – current prices, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen.
- Select the buy or sell option as per the requirement and then check out your order.
Edelweiss Online Trading Platforms
The broking house offers one of the best trading platforms in the industry, and here we will discuss all of the Edelweiss Trading Platforms and the Edelweiss App for mobile and other devices.
- Edelweiss Capital Xtreme Trader is the terminal software for desktop trading and is mainly beneficial for active traders and intraday traders. The software is loaded with features, and it is highly responsive and very quick in processing orders. The platform is loaded with research reports, analytical tools, fundamental reports, and many others. There is full customization available for the platform, and you can make it your own by customizing the platform. Various interactive charts, indicators, and triggers help you trade more consciously.
- Edelweiss Capital Traders Lounge is the browser-based platform for trading offered by the firm. It just requires you to log in, and then you can start trading. There is no need for any installation or download. The platform can be used across different browsers, and there is no restriction on that. The platform offers much information on the market, data, research reports, reviews, etc. Then there is a multiple market watchlist facility, and the platform’s interface is worth a mention as it is super-quick, responsive, and user-friendly.
- Edelweiss Mobile Trader App allows you to track your portfolio anywhere you go, and there is no boundary of place or time for trading with this application. More than seventeen technical indicators are available on the mobile application only for technical analysis, which is huge. The interface is quick, responsive, and very customer-oriented. You can place an order with just three clicks, and it gets executed smoothly as it matches the market.
Edelweiss Trading – Conclusion
Edelweiss Trading facilities come at low prices of Rs.10 per order as the Edelweiss Online Trading facilities and offline are worthy of more. They have all the facilities for the customers ranging from Demat and trading to research and advisory.
Their trading platforms are extremely advanced and improve the experience of trading. You get a margin trading facility to be used on this platform.
Edelweiss intraday FAQ
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Edelweiss Intraday:
Does Edelweiss provide Online Trading?
Edelweiss has been a much-appreciated financial service firm in the country, which has been quite famous for providing excellent and unsurpassed services to its clients for decades. The firm provides both offline and online trading services to its clients.
What are the Charges in Edelweiss?
The brokerage charges at Edelweiss are unbeatable; the brokerage model at this firm carries a very fine structure. The SEBI turnovers charges are around 0.00005% of the total turnover, while STT charges are around 0.0126% of the total turnover.
Does Edelweiss provide Delivery Trading?
Delivery trading is an intrinsic part of the stock industry, as most traders wish to keep their securities or assets in their account until the market seems fair. Thus, seeing the hype and the interest in delivery Edelweiss provides delivery trading to their clients.
Is delivery trading Free at Edelweiss?
At Edelweiss, the delivery trading follows a specific flat price for every transaction. The brokerage on equity delivery at Edelweiss is around Rs 10 per trade.
Does Edelweiss provide Option Trading?
Edelweiss has provided an assortment of trading services for around a decade; their client managing skills have been widely appreciated. While, given the list of services Edelweiss provides, options trading is one of them.
What are Options Trading Charges at Edelweiss?
The brokerage prices at Edelweiss have always been in favour of their customers; given the current stock market situation where traders are getting more active and less occasional, Edelweiss’s brokerage on option trading is quite fair. The charge per trade at Edelweiss is only around Rs 10.
Does Edelweiss provide Futures Trading?
Future trading is the kind of trading that is agreed to happen on a pre-agreed date in the future by respective parties. Edelweiss lends its services to this very trade segment and provides a trouble-free way to future trade for interested traders.
What is Futures brokerage at Edelweiss?
Edelweiss charges a very defined and customary design; traders only need to pay RS 10 per order. There are hardly any brokerage houses in the market which work on such less brokerage.
Is Edelweiss safe for trading?
Edelweiss has a very wide presence almost all over the nation, both online and offline; In contrast, the offline service of this very firm has been testified to be secure, and their online segment has been reportedly appreciated by clients for transparency and security in trade.
Does Edelweiss provide Trading Tips?
The firm imparts wide-ranging research and advisory service to their customers and portfolio management services. At the same time, the company’s huge network of customer support has been solving client queries actively.
How do you trade on Edelweiss?
There are a variety of options to trade with Edelweiss, which are:
- Visit the Edelweiss website and log in with your ID password. Go to the Buy/sell option and trade in your favourite stocks.
- Open Edelweiss mobile trader application and log in.
How do I buy shares on the Edelweiss app?
- Open the Edelweiss Mobile Trader app and log in.
- Add funds to your Edelweiss account.
- Go to the Buy/Sell option.
- Search for the stock you want to buy.
- Click on the trade option and select buy.
- Choose the product type as Delivery CNC and place an order.
How do I buy and sell shares in Edelweiss?
You can easily buy or sell shares from the Edelweiss website or the Edelweiss mobile application. Log in to your account and go to the buy/sell option. Search for the stock and place order.
Which is better Edelweiss or Zerodha?
Zerodha charges Rs. 20 per trade while Edelweiss charges range between Rs. 10. Edelweiss delivers services as a full-service broker, and Zerodha operates as a Discount Broker. Zerodha’s rating stands at 4.5 out of 5, whereas Edelweiss is rated 3. Out of 5.
How do I buy shares in Edelweiss?
Edelweiss has a website and a mobile application to help its customers trade in various securities available in the market.
Is Edelweiss good for the long term?
Edelweiss is a full-service stockbroker offering best-class services to its customers. Also, its brokerage charges are very nominal, starting at just Rs. 10. You can rely on Edelweiss for the long term.
Is Edelweiss an Indian company?
Edelweiss was founded by Rashesh Shah and Venkat Ramaswamy as co-founders. The company is incorporated in Mumbai, India.
What is margin trading in Edelweiss?
Margin trades offer a facility to customers where they can trade more money than they have. With Edelweiss, you can buy shares for up to 4 times the value of your current resources.
How do I withdraw money from Edelweiss?
You can withdraw funds from the Edelweiss website or the mobile application. Login to your account and go to the ‘Withdraw Funds’. Select the amount you want to withdraw and click on the Submit button.
Can I open only a trading account in Edelweiss?
Go to the website or mobile application of Edelweiss. Click on the “Open an Account” button. From here, the account opening process will commence. Provide all the details and the required documents.
How long does it take to activate a trading account?
Usually, it takes about 24 working hours to activate a trading account.
How do I add funds to my Edelweiss trading account?
Visit the Edelweiss website or the Mobile trader app. Log in with your credentials. Go to the ‘Add Funds’ section and add money to your Edelweiss trading account.
How do I activate my trading account in Edelweiss?
After document verification, your Edelweiss trading account is activated within 24 hours.
Can we open a Demat account on Sunday?
Yes, a person can initiate the process of Demat and Trading account opening online easily. You can visit the website of the stockbroker or apply for an account opening via their mobile application. Online Account Opening is an easy and quick process.
How do I add UPI ID to Edelweiss?
Log in to the Edelweiss website www. Edelweiss. In/EMT or the mobile application. Go to “Profile” and click on “Add New UPI ID.” Select the bank the UPI ID is registered with, then put the details of the UPI ID.
How much does Edelweiss cost?
Edelweiss brokerage starts from Rs. 10 per trade across all sections of trading and segments. The Edelweiss Elite plans of the company charge 0.30% for delivery, 0.03% for equity intraday & futures, and Rs. 75 for equity options.
Open Trading Account with Edelweiss – Fill up the Form Now!