ICICI is a big name in the financial industry. With a lot of financial services in its kitty, it has created repute for itself which makes it a brand in the financial industry. Among the gamut of financial services that it offers, one of the most important services is ICICI Direct Trading services.
It provides both ICICI Direct Online Trading and offline trading, and there are a lot of benefits of trading using the services of ICICI which will be discussed in the article below.
The article will cover the different benefits, features of the ICICI Direct services and the charges for the online trading facilities that it offers. The article will also take in to account the process of starting trading in detail and will guide you about the steps involved in starting trading online.
Here in this article, you will find the brokerage charges of the firm according to the different segments of the investment and will also see whether those charges are according to the market average or not.
ICICI Direct Trading and Benefits
If we have to enumerate the benefits of ICICI Direct Online Trading, then the list will be really long. So, we have decided to mention the most crucial benefits that you will receive with ICICI Direct Trading services.
- The first and most important factor that comes with ICICI Direct is that you can rely on this company. It is a part of India’s biggest private financial service firm and has enormous goodwill in the market.
- The next benefit is that you get offline trading facilities along with the online trading services. The firm has a huge presence and it is having offices and branches across the different cities in this country.
- This firm provides a bank account along with the Demat and the trading account. This helps smoothen the fund transfer during trading. It also makes the fund transfer safer as all the three accounts are within the same network.
- The firm provides an abundance of products to trade. You have equities, commodities, currencies, derivatives, IPOs, mutual funds and what not. They have bonds, both private and government bonds which are up for purchase. So, here under one roof, you will get all the financial/investment products that you want.
- The firm is a member of both NSE and BSE and thus, you get to trade the shares of both the exchanges.
- The trading platforms of the firm are one of the main attractions for the clients. The firm offers really advanced trading platforms that have lots of features and the same will be discussed in this article in the latter sections.
Open Trading Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
ICICI Direct Trading Charges
|ICICI Direct Charges|
|Transaction Charges||0.00280% of Total Turnover|
|STT Charges||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty Charges||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST Charges||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
As we all know ICICI is a big name in the financial industry and its quality of service and range of products is noteworthy. However, even after providing such great services and ample of products for investment, it has kept it’s ICICI Direct Trading Charges pretty average.
Apart from the brokerage charges, there are certain charges which are required to be paid by the customer as they are mandated by the government or SEBI. The charges include:
- STT is the Securities Transaction Charges and it is levied at 0.0126% on the total value of the turnover.
- Transaction Charges is levied at 0.00280% on the total turnover
- SEBI Turnover charges are 0.0002% of the total transactional amount.
- Then there is GST which is 18% of the Transaction Charges and brokerage of the transaction taken together.
- Stamp Duty which is levied as per the state government regulations.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||SBI Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
ICICI Direct Delivery Trading
|ICICI Direct Delivery Charges|
The charges for the ICICI Direct Delivery Trading are little above the average in the market. It is 0.55% of the transaction amount.
For the Delivery segment, generally, all firms charge higher brokerage compared to the other segments and there are some which charge no brokerage at all for this segment. So, keeping this in mind, the charges for the segment as mentioned is more or less around average.
ICICI Direct Intraday Trading
|ICICI Direct Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||0.03% – 0.05%|
ICICI Direct Intraday Trading is one of the most crucial services offered by the firm. It has kept the charges for this segment within the bracket of 0.03% to 0.05%. This range of charge is quite reasonable for the traders and also fits in the average of the market.
ICICI Direct Option Trading
|ICICI Direct Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.35 – Rs.95 per Lot|
The ICICI Direct Option Trading comes at a brokerage charge of Rs.35 to Rs.95 per lot which is incredibly cheap if you take the lowest brokerage for equity options.
Though it can go up to Rs.95 per lot but that depends on the amount of margin money you are keeping in the trading account. So, you are getting equity options really cheap if you have high margin money in the account.
ICICI Direct Futures Trading
|ICICI Direct Futures Charges|
|Equity Futures||0.03% – 0.05%|
ICICI Direct Futures Trading can be done by paying 0.03% to 0.05% of the transaction amount. It is on par with the average brokerage charges for this section.
ICICI Direct Currency Trading
|ICICI Direct Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.10 – Rs.35 per Lot|
|Currency Futures||0.03% – 0.05%|
ICICI Direct provides currencies trading and you can trade currency futures and currency options both at a very reasonable brokerage charge.
The ICICI Direct Currency Trading charges for the currency options segment starts from Rs.10 and can go up to Rs.35 per lot while the charges for the currency futures segment are between 0.03% to 0.05%.
ICICI Direct Commodity Trading
|ICICI Direct Commodity Charges|
The firm doesn’t offer ICICI Direct Commodity Trading.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading|
ICICI Direct Online Trading Process
To start the ICICI Direct Online Trading you need to:
- The first step is to open ICICI Direct Demat account and for the same, you have to click on this button. Here, you see a button on this webpage where it is mentioned “Open Demat Account”.
- Then fill the Demat application form that appears on the screen of your desktop and submit it
- Once the form is submitted you have to upload the documents that are required for verification process, as instructed by the company executive.
- Once the application is approved and the documents of yours are verified, you will receive the login details on the email id that you have registered while applying.
Login and Set up
- The next step is to log in to the ICICI Direct website. Use the login credentials that you have received on your mail
- You can download the trading terminal from the website of ICICI Direct once you log in and download the mobile trading application from Google Playstore or Apple Store.
- Once the terminal software or mobile application is installed, you need to open them and create the watchlist of stocks.
- You have to add stocks scrips by selecting them and click on the add button
- You can start trading when you have created the watchlist
- Click on the scrip of stocks which you want to trade
- Details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY and others
- Click in the buy or sell option as per your order preference.
ICICI Direct Online Trading Platforms
There are three ICICI Direct Trading Online Platforms which includes the following:
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer is the trading terminal offered by the firm. It needs to be installed on the desktop after downloading it. On a single interface, it shows multiple stock scrips, there are a lot of resources for your research on this platform. There are heat maps, charts, and many other advanced trading tools that you can find on this terminal software.
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer Web is the browser-based trading platform that needs no download and installation. It has various features which include live quotes, you can see different companies stock price streaming on the screen, there are drag and drop widget. You can create up to five market watch list which is really helpful in trading multiple segments at the same time.
- ICICI Direct App or the mobile application of ICICI Direct has been one of the top-rated mobile trading applications at present. It is popular because of its various features which help you trade on the go and without any restriction of place and time. It has quotes of stocks, market news and updates, you can use the research call facility from this application as well. There is a portfolio tracking facility present on this application along with many other facilities.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
ICICI Direct Trading – Conclusion
If you want a safe, secure and reasonable brokerage house for trading then you can consider the ICICI Direct Online Trading services.
You not only get the online trading facility but also offline ICICI Direct Trading. You pay as per your investment budget and also if you are trading more, then you get benefited from the different brokerage plans of the firm.
Open Demat Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles
|Top 10 Discount Brokers in India|
|Top 10 Full Service Brokers in India|
|Best Stock Broker in India|
|Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Broker Comparison|
|Top 10 Broking Franchise|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Stock Market Franchise|