ICICI Direct Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & more
ICICI is a big name in the financial industry. With a lot of financial services in its kitty, it has created repute for itself which makes it a brand in the financial industry. Among the gamut of financial services that it offers, one of the most important services is ICICI Direct Trading services.
It provides both ICICI Direct Online Trading and offline trading, and there are a lot of benefits of trading using the services of ICICI which will be discussed in the article below.
The article will cover the different benefits, features of the ICICI Direct services and the charges for the online trading facilities that it offers. The article will also take in to account the process of starting trading in detail and will guide you about the steps involved in starting trading online.
Here in this article, you will find the brokerage charges of the firm according to the different segments of the investment and will also see whether those charges are according to the market average or not.
ICICI Direct Trading and Benefits
If we have to enumerate the benefits of ICICI Direct Online Trading, then the list will be really long. So, we have decided to mention the most crucial benefits that you will receive with ICICI Direct Trading services.
- The first and most important factor that comes with ICICI Direct is that you can rely on this company. It is a part of India’s biggest private financial service firm and has enormous goodwill in the market.
- The next benefit is that you get offline trading facilities along with the online trading services. The firm has a huge presence and it is having offices and branches across the different cities in this country.
- This firm provides a bank account along with the Demat and the trading account. This helps smoothen the fund transfer during trading. It also makes the fund transfer safer as all the three accounts are within the same network.
- The firm provides an abundance of products to trade. You have equities, commodities, currencies, derivatives, IPOs, mutual funds and what not. They have bonds, both private and government bonds which are up for purchase. So, here under one roof, you will get all the financial/investment products that you want.
- The firm is a member of both NSE and BSE and thus, you get to trade the shares of both the exchanges.
- The trading platforms of the firm are one of the main attractions for the clients. The firm offers really advanced trading platforms that have lots of features and the same will be discussed in this article in the latter sections.
Open Trading Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
ICICI Direct Trading Charges
Brokerage plans provided by this full service broker are 6 in number, and the most popular one is NEO. You can check the NEO plan in this article, while the other plans are briefed in the brokerage article.
|ICICI Direct Charges|
|Transaction Charges||0.00280% of Total Turnover|
|STT Charges||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty Charges||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST Charges||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
As we all know ICICI is a big name in the financial industry and its quality of service and range of products is noteworthy. However, even after providing such great services and ample of products for investment, it has kept it’s ICICI Direct Trading Charges pretty average.
Apart from the brokerage charges, there are certain charges which are required to be paid by the customer as they are mandated by the government or SEBI. The charges include:
- STT is the Securities Transaction Charges and it is levied at 0.0126% on the total value of the turnover.
- Transaction Charges is levied at 0.00280% on the total turnover
- SEBI Turnover charges are 0.0002% of the total transactional amount.
- Then there is GST which is 18% of the Transaction Charges and brokerage of the transaction taken together.
- Stamp Duty which is levied as per the state government regulations.
Find Online Trading Services of other Stock Brokers
|Zerodha Trading||Angel Broking Trading||SBI Trading|
|5Paisa Trading||Sharekhan Trading||HDFC Securities Trading|
|Upstox Trading||IIFL Trading||Axis Trading|
|SAMCO Trading||Motilal Oswal Trading||Kotak Securities Trading|
ICICI Direct Delivery Trading
|ICICI Direct Delivery Charges|
The charges for the ICICI Direct Delivery Trading are in sync with the current market demand, where free services are offered for this segment. To put it together, there is no charge taken for delivery trading with ICICI under the NEO plan.
For the Delivery segment, generally, many firms charge higher brokerage compared to the other segments and there are some which charge no brokerage at all for this segment. So, keeping this in mind, free brokerage in this segment is a perk to grab.
ICICI Direct Intraday Trading
|ICICI Direct Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per order|
ICICI Direct Intraday Trading is one of the most crucial services offered by the firm. It has kept the charges for this segment within the bracket of Rs.20 per order. This range of charge is quite reasonable for the traders and also fits in the average of the market.
ICICI Direct Option Trading
|ICICI Direct Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per order|
The ICICI Direct Option Trading comes at a brokerage charge of Rs.20 per order which is incredibly cheap if you take the lowest brokerage for equity options.
Though it can go on other direction as well, if you choose any other plan, and not the Neo Plan. So, you are getting equity options really cheap if you have high margin money in the account.
ICICI Direct Futures Trading
|ICICI Direct Futures Charges|
ICICI Direct Futures Trading can be done by paying noting as the brokerage charge is waived off. It is on par with the average brokerage charges for this section. Also, the charge is subject to change, as per the plan you choose, since there are a lot of plans ICICI Direct offers.
ICICI Direct Currency Trading
|ICICI Direct Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per order|
ICICI Direct provides currencies trading and you can trade currency futures and currency options both at a very reasonable brokerage charge.
The ICICI Direct Currency Trading charges for the currency options segment are Rs.20 per order while the charges for the currency futures segment are waived off.
ICICI Direct Commodity Trading
|ICICI Direct Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per order|
In order to invest in the commodity segment, you will as well be ordered to pay the same charges of Rs.20 per order which is a feasible charge. This charge is in context with the Neo plan offered by the broker, or will be subject to change as per the plan you choose.
Find Segment Trading Charges of other Brokers
|Mastertrust Trading||Karvy Trading||IDBI Direct Trading|
|Fyers Trading||SMC Global Trading||Yes Securities Trading|
|Alice Blue Trading||Edelweiss Trading||Standard Chartered Trading|
|Paytm Money Trading||Aditya Birla Trading||Nirmal Bang Trading|
ICICI Direct Online Trading Process
To start the ICICI Direct Online Trading you need to:
- The first step is to open ICICI Direct Demat account and for the same, you have to click on this button. Here, you see a button on this webpage where it is mentioned “Open Demat Account”.
- Then fill the Demat application form that appears on the screen of your desktop and submit it
- Once the form is submitted you have to upload the documents that are required for verification process, as instructed by the company executive.
- Once the application is approved and the documents of yours are verified, you will receive the login details on the email id that you have registered while applying.
Login and Set up
- The next step is to log in to the ICICI Direct website. Use the login credentials that you have received on your mail
- You can download the trading terminal from the website of ICICI Direct once you log in and download the mobile trading application from Google Playstore or Apple Store.
- Once the terminal software or mobile application is installed, you need to open them and create the watchlist of stocks.
- You have to add stocks scrips by selecting them and click on the add button
- You can start trading when you have created the watchlist
- Click on the scrip of stocks which you want to trade
- Details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY and others
- Click in the buy or sell option as per your order preference.
ICICI Direct Online Trading Platforms
There are three ICICI Direct Trading Online Platforms which includes the following:
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer is the trading terminal offered by the firm. It needs to be installed on the desktop after downloading it. On a single interface, it shows multiple stock scrips, there are a lot of resources for your research on this platform. There are heat maps, charts, and many other advanced trading tools that you can find on this terminal software.
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer Web is the browser-based trading platform that needs no download and installation. It has various features which include live quotes, you can see different companies stock price streaming on the screen, there are drag and drop widget. You can create up to five market watch list which is really helpful in trading multiple segments at the same time.
- ICICI Direct App or the mobile application of ICICI Direct has been one of the top-rated mobile trading applications at present. It is popular because of its various features which help you trade on the go and without any restriction of place and time. It has quotes of stocks, market news and updates, you can use the research call facility from this application as well. There is a portfolio tracking facility present on this application along with many other facilities.
Check out Online Trading Services of other Brokers
|Profitmart Trading||Anand Rathi Trading||Reliance Trading|
|SAS Online Trading||Choice Broking Trading||Religare Trading|
|Bonanza Portfolio Trading||Geojit Trading||Tradebulls Trading|
|Indiabulls Trading||NJ Wealth Trading||Ventura Trading|
ICICI Direct Trading – Conclusion
If you want a safe, secure and reasonable brokerage house for trading then you can consider the ICICI Direct Online Trading services.
You not only get the online trading facility but also offline ICICI Direct Trading. You pay as per your investment budget and also if you are trading more, then you get benefited from the different brokerage plans of the firm.
ICICI Direct Online Trading FAQs
Ques – Do ICICI Direct provide Online Trading?
Answer – ICICI provides both online as well as offline trading. There are, needless to say, a lot of benefits that you can procure if you stay intact with them. ICICI provides subtle services to all its customers, making it one of the most trusted companies all over.
Ques – What are the Charges in ICICI Direct?
Answer – First and foremost is the STT or the Securities Transaction Charges which is levied at 0.0126% on the total sum of the transaction turnover. Then comes the transaction charges at 0.00280% , followed by the SEBI Turnover charges at 0.0002% , the GST at 18% and brokerage of the transaction charged altogether. Not to forget, stamp duty depends on the state government norms.
Ques – Do ICICI Direct provide Delivery Trading?
Answer – They do provide Delivery Trading. What is surprising here, is the fact that plenty of firms charge a lot of money for this purpose unlike ICICI. They ask for a meagre pay and pay you back with all your troubles and miseries sorted out in minutes.
Ques – Is delivery trading Free at ICICI Direct?
Answer – Yes, delivery trading is free under the most common plan offered by the company, which is NEO. If you choose to go for any other plan, then you have to pay the charge as described in it.
Ques – Do ICICI Direct provide Option Trading?
Answer – They do provide Option trading which is again a really less sum of money. It is Rs.20 per order precisely, which is splendidly cheap if you compare to the most low rate in the entire market.
Ques – What is Option Trading Charges at ICICI Direct?
Answer – The option trading charge is Rs.20 per order and that is an extremely good bargain for a company this huge. If at all you are planning to get equity options at a really doable rate, try working on a high margin money in your account.
Ques – Do ICICI Direct provide Futures Trading?
Answer – The company does provide Futures Trading and it can be done by paying a lumpsum of Rs.20 per order of the entire transaction that has taken place. It is, not to forget, on par with the average brokerage fee for this particular segment.
Ques – What is Futures brokerage at ICICI Direct?
Answer – The Futures brokerage is a striking pay of Rs 20 per order of the entire turnover trade. It goes without saying how incredibly comfortable the amount is, as compared to all the other companies in the market.
Ques – Is ICICI Direct safe for trading?
Answer – If at all you want a safe and comprehensible brokerage house for trading, then you should, hands down, go with the ICICI Direct Online Trading lease as they have the ultimate facility to guide you through. You only pay as per your investment budget, but if at all you are trading more, you get hugely benefitted from the different brokerage plans the company has to offer.
Ques – Do ICICI Direct provide Trading Tips?
Answer – They surely do. They have a team of experienced researchers and analysts who turn your naive self into the most experienced one. No matter what inquiries and troubles you have, the company assures you to take care of them. The company offers advanced training with a lot of new features that are extremely helpful for an inexperienced customer.
Open Demat Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
Most Read Articles