ICICI Direct Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 12, 2023
ICICI is a big name in the financial industry. With a lot of financial services in its kitty, it has created a reputation for itself, making it a brand in the financial industry. Among the gamut of financial services, one of the most important services is ICICI Direct Trading services.
It provides both ICICI Direct Online Trading and offline trading. There are a lot of benefits of trading using the services of ICICI, which will be discussed in the article below.
The article will cover the different benefits, features of the ICICI Direct services, and the charges for the online trading facilities. The article will also take into account the process of starting trading in detail and guide you about the steps involved in starting trading online.
Here in this article, you will find the brokerage charges of the firm according to the different segments of the investment and will also see whether those charges are according to the market average or not.
ICICI Direct Trading and Benefits
The ICICI Group has been serving its customers for decades with prominence and high value.
One of the well-formed entities of this group is ICICI Direct which avails you the services of owning the Best Demat Account and Best Trading Account.
If we have to enumerate the benefits of ICICI Direct Online Trading, then the list will belong. So, we have decided to mention the most crucial benefits you will receive with ICICI Direct Trading services.
- The first and most important factor with ICICI Direct is that you can rely on this company. It is a part of India’s biggest private financial service firm and has enormous goodwill in the market.
- The next benefit is that you get offline trading facilities and online trading services. The firm has a huge presence, and it has offices and branches across the different cities in this country.
- This firm provides a bank account, the Demat, and a trading account. This helps smoothen the fund transfer during trading. It also makes the fund transfer safer as all three accounts are within the same network.
- The firm provides an abundance of products to the trade. You have equities, commodities, currencies, derivatives, IPOs, mutual funds, etc. They have private and government bonds that are up for purchase. So, here under one roof, you will get all the financial/investment products you want.
- The firm is a member of both NSE and BSE and thus, you get to trade the shares of both exchanges.
- The trading platforms of the firm are one of the main attractions for the clients. The firm offers advanced trading platforms with lots of features, and the same will be discussed in this article in the latter sections.
- ICICI Direct trading platforms are just filled with attractive offers and trading ideas, discover them all from the ICICI Direct Review.
Open Trading Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
ICICI Direct Trading Charges
Brokerage plans provided by this full-service broker are 6 in number, and the most popular one is NEO. You can check the NEO plan in this article, while the other plans are briefed in the brokerage article.
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs. 5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 75 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||NIL|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 50|
|Pledge Creation||If, ICICI Bank is counterpartY – 0.02% (Minimum Rs 35 and Maximum Rs 25,000)|
|Pledge Invocation||If, ICICI Bank is not counterparty – 0.04% (Minimum Rs 45 and Maximum Rs 25,000)|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 15.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 13.5 + Rs. 13.5 (Rs. 27 per scrip)|
As we all know, ICICI is a big name in the financial industry, and its quality of service and range of products is noteworthy. However, even after providing such great services and ample products for investment, it has kept its ICICI Direct Trading Charges pretty average.
Apart from the brokerage charges, certain charges are required to be paid by the customer as the government or SEBI mandates them. The charges include:
- STT is the Securities Transaction Charge, and it is levied at 0.0126% on the total value of the turnover.
- Transaction Charges are levied at 0.00280% on the total turnover
- SEBI Turnover charges are 0.0005% of the total transaction amount.
- Then there is GST which is 18% of the Transaction Charges and brokerage of the transaction taken together.
- Stamp Duty is levied as per the state government regulations.
To know more in detail, also check ICICI Direct Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Account you may also Like
- HDFC Securities Trading Account
- Kotak Securities Trading Account
- Axis Direct Trading Account
- SBI Cap Securities Trading Account
- Motilal Oswal Trading Account
ICICI Direct Delivery Trading
|ICICI Direct Delivery Charges|
The ICICI Direct Delivery Trading charges are in sync with the current market demand, where free services are offered for this segment. There is no charge taken for delivery trading with ICICI under the NEO plan to put it together.
For the Delivery segment, generally, many firms charge higher brokerage than the other segments and some charge no brokerage at all for this segment. So, keeping this in mind, a free brokerage in this segment is a perk to grab.
ICICI Direct Intraday Trading
|ICICI Direct Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||Rs.20 per order|
So, ICICI Direct Intraday Trading is one of the most important services offered by the firm. It has kept the charges for this segment within the bracket of Rs.20 per order. This range of charge is quite reasonable for the traders and fits in the market average.
ICICI Direct Option Trading
|ICICI Direct Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.20 per order|
The ICICI Direct Option Trading comes at a brokerage charge of Rs.20 per order, which is incredibly cheap if you take the lowest brokerage for equity options.
Though it can go in another direction if you choose any other plan, not the Neo Plan, you are getting cheap equity options if you have high-margin money in the account.
ICICI Direct Futures Trading
|ICICI Direct Futures Charges|
Now, ICICI Direct Futures Trading can be done by paying to note as the brokerage charge is waived. It is on par with the average brokerage charges for this section. Also, the charge is subject to change, as per the plan you choose, since there are a lot of plans ICICI Direct offers.
ICICI Direct Currency Trading
|ICICI Direct Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.20 per order|
Thus, ICICI Direct provides currency trading, and you can trade currency futures and currency options at a very reasonable brokerage charge.
The ICICI Direct Currency Trading charges for the currency options segment are Rs.20 per order, while the charges for the currency futures segment are waived.
ICICI Direct Commodity Trading
|ICICI Direct Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Trading||Rs.20 per order|
To invest in the commodity segment, you will also be ordered to pay the same charges of Rs.20 per order, which is a feasible charge. This charge is in context with the Neo plan offered by the broker or will be subject to change as per the plan you choose.
ICICI Direct Online Trading Process
To start the ICICI Direct Online Trading, you need to:
- The first step is to open an ICICI Direct Demat account, and for the same, you have to click on this button. Here, you see a button on this web page that mentions “Open Demat Account.”
- Then fill out the Demat application form that appears on the screen of your desktop and submit it.
- Once the form is submitted, you have to upload the documents required for the verification process, as instructed by the company executive.
- Once the application is approved and your documents are verified, you will receive the login details on the email id that you have registered while applying.
Login and Set up
- The next step is to log in to the ICICI Direct website. Use the login credentials that you have received in your mail.
- You can download the trading terminal from the website of ICICI Direct once you log in and download the mobile trading application from the Google Play store or Apple Store.
- Once the terminal software or mobile application is installed, you need to open them and create the watchlist of stocks.
- You have to add stocks scrips by selecting them and clicking on the add button.
- You can start trading when you have created the watchlist.
- Click on the scrip of stocks which you want to trade
- Details of the stocks – current price, highs, lows, and others will be on the screen
- There are options like BUY, SELL, CANCEL, MODIFY, and others
- Click on the buy or sell option as per your order preference.
ICICI Direct Online Trading Platforms
There are three ICICI Direct Trading Online Platforms which include the following:
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer is the trading terminal offered by the firm. It needs to be installed on the desktop after downloading it. On a single interface, it shows multiple stock scrips; there are a lot of resources for your research on this platform. There are heat maps, charts, and many other advanced trading tools that you can find on this terminal software.
- ICICI Direct Trade Racer Web is a browser-based trading platform that needs no download or installation. It has various features, including live quotes; you can see different companies’ stock prices streaming on the screen, and there are drag-and-drop widgets. You can create up to five market watch lists, which helps trade multiple segments simultaneously.
- ICICI Direct App or the mobile application of ICICI Direct has been one of the top-rated mobile trading applications. It is popular because of its various features, which help you trade on the go without any restriction of place and time. It has quotes of stocks, market news, and updates; you can also use the research call facility from this application. There is a portfolio tracking facility on this application and many other facilities.
ICICI Direct Trading – Conclusion
If you want a safe, secure, and good brokerage house for trading, you can consider the ICICI Direct Online Trading services.
You get not only the online trading facility but also offline ICICI Direct Trading. You pay as per your investment budget, and also, if you are trading more, you get to benefit from the different brokerage plans of the firm.
ICICI Direct Online Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to ICICI Direct online trading:
Does ICICI Direct provide Online Trading?
ICICI provides both online as well as offline trading. There are a lot of benefits that you can procure if you stay intact with them. ICICI provides subtle services to all its customers, making it one of the most trusted companies all over.
What are the Charges in ICICI Direct?
First and foremost is the STT or the Securities Transaction Charges levied at 0.0126% on the total sum of the transaction turnover. Then comes the transaction charges at 0.00280%, followed by the SEBI Turnover charges at 0.0005%, the GST at 18%, and the brokerage of the transaction. Not to forget, stamp duty depends on the state government norms.
Does ICICI Direct provide Delivery Trading?
They do provide Delivery Trading. What is surprising here is that plenty of firms charge a lot of money for this purpose, unlike ICICI. They ask for meagre pay and pay you back with all your troubles and miseries sorted out in minutes.
Is delivery trading Free at ICICI Direct?
Yes, delivery trading is free under the most common plan offered by the company, which is NEO. If you choose to go for any other plan, you have to pay the charge as described in it.
Does ICICI Direct provide Option Trading?
They do provide Option trading, which is a less money sum. It is Rs.20 per order precisely, which is splendidly cheap if you compare it to the lowest rate in the entire stock market.
What are the Options Trading Charges at ICICI Direct?
The options trading charge is Rs.20 per order, and that is an extremely good bargain for a company this huge. If you are all planning to get equity options at a doable rate, try working on high-margin money in your account.
Does ICICI Direct provide Futures Trading?
The company does provide Futures Trading, and it can be done by paying a lump sum of Rs.20 per order for the entire transaction that has taken place. It is, not to forget, on par with the average brokerage fee for this particular segment.
What is Futures brokerage at ICICI Direct?
The Futures brokerage is a striking pay of Rs 20 per order of the entire turnover trade. It goes without saying how incredibly comfortable the amount is compared to all the other companies in the market.
Is ICICI Direct safe for trading?
If at all you want a safe and comprehensible brokerage house for trading, then you should, hands down, go with the ICICI Direct Online Trading lease as they have the ultimate facility to guide you through. You only pay as per your investment budget, but if at you are trading more, you get hugely benefited from the different brokerage plans the company has to offer.
Does ICICI Direct provide Trading Tips?
They surely do. They have a team of experienced researchers and analysts who turn your naive self into the most experienced one. No matter what inquiries and troubles you have, the company assures you to care for them. The company offers advanced training with many new features that are extremely helpful for inexperienced customers.
How can I trade in ICICI Direct?
ICICI Direct is a key player as a retail broker and financial service provider. ICICI Direct is trusted by over 50 lakhs of customers.
To trade with ICICI Direct, you have to:
- Log in to your account with ICICI Direct.
- Add funds for Trading in securities.
- Now you must place an order from the “Place Order” option.
- Put the quantity and select order validity thereafter.
- Now click on “Buy Now,” and you are done.
Is ICICI Direct Demat or a trading account?
ICICI Direct offers a 3-in-1 account deal where you can open three accounts, i.e., a Bank account, a Demat account, and a Trading account.
You can also open only a Demat account and Trading if you already have a bank account with another bank.
Is ICICI Direct Safe for Trading?
ICICI Direct has been in business for over two decades and is a significant part of the ICICI group. Therefore, trading with ICICI Direct is completely safe. It is a reliable entity where all your money and investment are safe.
Can I open only a trading account in ICICI Direct?
A trading account is sufficient when the investor wishes to hold the securities in physical form. Still, for the purpose of buying and selling, securities must be in dematerialized form only. And for this, a Demat and Trading Account is necessary.
What is fast buy-sell in ICICI Direct?
It is a speedy measure proffered by ICICI Direct, allowing investors to place quick orders. Investors can deal in e-ATM, Margin, Cash, and Margin Plus products with this facility.
How can I buy margin in ICICI Direct?
Margin is leverage in terms of funds which allows investors to invest for funds in excess of the sum they have. ICICI offers a 1X margin on equity delivery.
How can I sell my shares in ICICI Direct?
- Log in to your ICICI Direct account.
- Select the share you want to sell from the Demat Allocation link.
- Now click on “Sell.”
- Put the stock code or in case you don’t know the stock, click on “Find Stock Code.”
- Select the quantity you want to sell.
- Click on “Sell Now” and after that on “Proceed.”
What is Future Plus in ICICI Direct?
FuturePLUS is an intraday trading product available for the Future & Options segment. This facility is available for particular stocks only and is available in two versions.
What are DP charges in ICICI Direct?
DP charges are the source of income for Depository Participants. It is levied on the sell transactions. ICICI Direct charges Rs. 25 for every 100 securities or part thereof from Residential Retail Customers.
Is ICICI Direct good for beginners?
ICICI Direct is a financial product distributor present since 2000. It is a subsidiary of ICICI Bank. It offers smooth trading facilities which are very easy to access and get along with. New beginners can also comfortably trade with the help of a trading platform provided by ICICI Direct. They are a well-established entity that offers a variety of investment products.
Is ICICI Direct free?
ICICI Direct does not charge any sum for its customers’ Demat and Trading account opening. Despite that, the charges levied by ICICI Direct are quite high compared to other full-service stock brokers.
How do I short-sell in ICICI Direct?
Yes, you can trade in a short sale. From the “Margin Segment.” Or you can also use the “MarginPLUS” for Trading in a short sell.
How can I buy shares in ICICI Direct App?
To buy a share from the ICICI Direct app, you have to:
- Log in to your account on the website or the trading application.
- From the “Allocate funds” option, add funds for Trading.
- Click on the “Cash Buy” option.
- Mention the stock, price, and quantity.
- Confirm the order.
What is basket order in ICICI Direct?
Think about being able to place more than one order with a single. This is what Basket order does for you. It allows you to place multiple orders at a single time.
What is 2000 free brokerage ICICI Direct?
It is the free brokerage functionality of ICICI Direct, where the brokerage for equity delivery is just Rs. 25 or 2.5% (whichever is low) for an amount up to Rs. 5555.
Open Demat Account with ICICI Direct – Fill up the Form Now!