Geojit BNP Paribas Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & more
Geojit Finance is one of the top prominent security members in India. They have strong presence in Kochi, Kerala and also have a vibrant presence in Gulf also.
They provide the facility to their customer is 3 in 1 account, appoint relationship manager, provide trading tips and educational training.
Multi-channel services address the needs of more than 987,000 customers-a land-wide network with more than 479 offices and telephone service and dedicated Customer Care.
In this article get to know the detail of Geojit Finance Broker and will help to decide to trade with them.
Geojit BNP Paribas Customer Rating & Review
About Geojit BNP Paribas
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
|Founder||C. J. George & A. P. Kurian|
Geojit Finance is a public Full Service Broker established in 1986. The prominent investment services firm in India, Geojit Financial Services, has a powerful presence in the Gulf.
The company has about 987,000 client base, a network of 479 office spaces and assets in total and managed valuable at Rs 38,500 crore specified on the national stock exchange (NSE) and the Bombay stock exchange (BSE).
C. J. George & A. P. Kurian is the originator and Managing Director of Geojit finance security. Rakesh Jhunjhunwala holds the major shareholders of the company Geojit Financial Services operates through joint projects and partnerships in the Middle East region.
The firm also has their existence in Bahrain by a business associated with Bank of Bahrain and Kuwait.
They provide large range of financial product investing and trading in Mutual Funds, Stock Broking, Investment Management, Portfolio Management, Currency Futures, Equities, Derivatives, Margin Trading, General Insurance, Life Insurance, Financial forecast, Wealth Management, and Advisory Services
Get a Call Back from Geojit BNP Paribas. Fill up this form.
Geojit BNP Paribas Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Options||Rs 125 per contract|
|Currency Options||Rs 125 per contract|
|Minimum Brokerage||Rs.20 per executed order|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.400|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Brokerage Calculator||Geojit Brokerage Calculator|
Following brokerage apply to Ordinary Resident account only.
- While Geojit costs brokerage in the future segments in the full-service stockbroking aspect on a medium scale, its options brokering is very costly for trading on delivery segments. Customers are therefore recommended to know which segment they wish to trade or put the money in and choose accordingly.
- Brokerage for intraday trading in equity is 0.03%.
- Rs.20 / contract or Rs 0.1 / share whichever ever is high concern to a maximum limit of 2.5% / share.
- In case the contract note is delivered via post then Rs.20/- per Contract or 5 paisa per share whichever is higher subject to a maximum of 2.5% per share.
- Derivative equity options apply & square off the position on Brokerage Rs.125 /- per lot which is very costly compared to another broker.
- Trading in currency future brokerage of 0.03% and for currency options for Rs.125 per a lot of brokerages is levied.
- Brokerage for trading on derivative futures expires at 0.030% of trade.
- Additional charges are billed like taxes, levies and other statutory charges.
Compare Stock Brokers
Find brokerage charges of other Full Service Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|Axis Direct||ICICI Direct||Karvy||Upstox|
Geojit BNP Paribas Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 30 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Nil + courier charges @ Rs 35/-|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 50/- per transaction|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
In addition to opening brokers and accounts, Geojit BNP Paribas levies its customers with respect to the transaction.
- Geojit’s transaction costs 00311% of total turnover is are quite marginal and comply with industry standards.
- Securities tax of 0126% is a kind of tax imposed on gains from trading. This primarily involves equity, bonds, debentures and all marketable security that is traded at the security market
- SEBI tax is charge of 0.00005% of total turnover.
- The trading stamp duty is dependent upon the customer’s address status.
Geojit Other Charges
- Dematerialisation – If you wish to convert your physical certificate electronically, you will be charged only courier charges @ Rs 35/-.
- Rematerialisation – The charges for physical certificate conversion are Rs 10 for every hundred securities or part thereof; or Rs 10 per certificate, whichever is higher. The is an add on charge of courier, of Rs 35/- per scrip.
- Pledge – Pledge creation charge is Rs 50/- per transaction, whereas there is no charge for pledge closure. As for pledge invocation, the charge is Rs 50/- per transaction.
Geojit BNP Paribas Demat Account Opening Fees
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NIL|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 100|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 400|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
- Account opening charge for Demat with Geojit finance is Rs 100 and they are for Agreement Stamp Paper.
- Maintaining of Demat account are Rs 400 payable yearly.
- Maintenance charge for trading is free.
- Charges for opening account for trading are Rs 0.
- Shares are deposited in Demat account that you open with any broker which you buy, and your depository will rely on which broker you sign, Stocks will be deposited on your Demat account. Geojit is registered with CDSL and NSDL.
- Trader need to maintain Rs 15,000 as marginal amount as security.
Geojit BNP Paribas Offers
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
- Trading with Geojit finance offers a range of financial product for traders.
- Demat account are offered by depositing Rs 400 to permit traders to hold their shares.
- A Trading account is exercised for placing orders on the stock market for placing and selling orders. They offer trading account for free of cost.
- Geojit brokers provide flexible plans for brokerage. Traders can choose plan according to their preference.
- Holiday offers are provided to their selected traders to promote trading.
Find Offers from other Broking Houses
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||5Paisa|
How to open Demat Account with Geojit BNP Paribas?
- To open Demat account with Geojit Finance, click on the “Open Demat Account” button below.
- A Form will open asking for Name, Mobile no & City.
- Fill the form with all required detail.
- You will receive call from representative to make a visit at preferable time.
- Representative will visit and collect all documents from you.
- Your Demat account will be opened and you will receive account details.
Get a Call Back from Geojit BNP Paribas
Why Open Geojit BNP Paribas Trading Account?
- At the very same time, when you trade via Geojit, you have the following benefits:
- Offers account of 3-in-1 to its customers in association with certain prominent banks which take away the concern of reassign across accounts
- Advanced internal technological platforms with frequent inventions and changes
- An old brand name has thus achieved considerable confidence in the market in the security broking industry.
Geojit BNP Paribas Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
Geojit BNP Paribas Products:
- Geojit financial present various financial products to trade and invest options.
- Provide facility to trade in equity security market.
- Provide platform to trade in currency trading.
- Allow trader to trade in equity derivative option and future market.
- Offer their customers to invest in mutual fund and SIP.
- They are well-known to offer one of the best products for PMS or portfolio management.
Geojit BNP Paribas Services:
|3 in 1 Account||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
- Provide demataccount to holds the credentials of financial instruments like shares, bonds, government securities, mutual funds etc.
- Trading Services for buying and selling of stock in security market with hassle free experience are provided.
- An intraday service is offer for choosing the right stock and to opt for those have a higher correlation with major sectors and indices. They also help you to inherent risk in intraday trading.
- IPO in detailed investigated to decide your readiness for IPO. They provide in detailed report for IPO.
- Updated stock research reports with buy recommendationsalso with the target prices predict and upside. Provides free stocks trading tips for every segment to trade.
- Provide trading exposure of 5 times by broker.
Geojit BNP Paribas Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||No|
|Free Stock Tips||Yes|
|Daily Market Review||Yes|
- Geojit finance a full service stockbroker regularly provides its customers with research and tips. In contrast, as demonstrated below, research is divided into many aspects based on the trading segment of Equity, Mutual Funds, Currency and IPO Analysis.
- Research reports, advices and tips are available to customers through Email and SMS.
- With regard to research accuracy and reliability, Geojit only offers industry standards at the average level. Users should make their own analyzes using Geojit’s research unit to justify and verify the broker’s suggestions and tips.
- Daily Market review is offered to keep you updated of market index movements of Sensex & Nifty. Also points the precise stock index movers, gainers/losers, segment movement. It is provided on daily bases.
- Offer a good fundamental report to be kept up-to-date comprising market analysis and details about companies and corporate communications.
- Free stock tips for trading with all proper level to entry, exit and stop loss are mentioned at free of cost.
- IPO reports are offered to traders.
- They appoint personal representative to every customer to resolve any enquiry.
- Reports are provided monthly and weekly bases.
- They are offered offline customer support by assisting over phone or can visit branch office.
Geojit BNP Paribas Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
|Margin Calculator||Geojit Margin Calculator|
- The Geojit BNP Paribas offers its customers with the following limits-only Equity in Geojit finance security for making trading a little easier for trading to its customers.
- Geojit is among the security broker provides the minimum exposure to customers to trade.
- Traders are offered the maximum exposure of 5 times in trading Equity Intraday.
- For equity deliver trading segments, the brokers provide an exposure of Upto 1x with 22% interest per year.
- However, exposure or leverage is a dangerous notion and it is advisable to stop using this notion unless you realize the effects and risks involved with it. Taking exposure can possibly take up your trading capital also.
Check Margin or Exposure of other stock brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||Groww||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||Paytm Money||Reliance Securities|
Geojit BNP Paribas Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||No|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||No|
Trading Platform help to trade easily with supervising & track your portfolio. The transactions get automatically updated.
Provide platform to easy trade in stocks, currency, commodities; invest in mutual funds. Obtain the newest market data with extensive Research Reports & chart. Handle the income in the same login information.
- Provide trading on all different market segments
- Offer the Real-time Market notification.
- Keep informed on top market gainers & losers for trading.
- You can stay updated of trading reports, holdings & limits
- You will get right to use contract notes, ledgers etc
Geojjit Finance Web Based Trading Platform – Geojit Finance Flip Lite
FLIP Lite is a web browser-based application it helps the trader to trade also in the slow-speed internet connection. You can easily supervise & track your portfolio.
Get your transactions automatically updated. Provide a platform to easy trade in stocks, currency, commodities; invest in mutual funds.
Obtain the newest market data with extensive Research Reports & charts. Handle the income in the same login information.
- Helps to investment across all different segments.
- It is a very compact and light weighted application it requires simple basic configuration
- Trader are conformed confirmations communicated via email and SMS
- Research and advice from over 120 firms throughout 6 sections listed in the stock market.
- The home tab offers options like the market watch, book of orders, business book and the view of the funds. These features are one click away, and therefore you won’t have a lot of concerns about obtaining this app even if you are a learner level dealer.
- Users can prepare chosen featured windows in several desktop screens with multi-desktop function and switch between them.
- Perform at a good speed and proposes high performanceat all internet bandwidth.
- Provide the quick application and analysis with personalized shortcut keys.
Geojit Finance Web Based Trading Platform – Geojit Finance Flip Gold
FLIP Gold Platform is also a web browser-based application for trading that allow you to trade accessed from any part of world.
For those who frequently travel and thus cannot access their own trading web browser, the FLIP Gold Platform is perfect. All online customers can use this Platform freely.
- Trading platform has feature to update at Real-time.
- Advance charts with technical indicators with trading chart. You can pick any indicator to trade by selecting your own parameters for the indicator.
- Can easily get portfolio history any time with single login.
- The Account gives an easy preview of the cash balance, positions, ordering status, portfolio results throughout schedules, and financial data in a single view.
- Easy order type across asset classes with put together market profundity and advanced charts
- Offers the versatility to pick the mutual funds you wish to buy or choose from the expert advice.
- Get intensive market information such as top performing and losing stocks, the most active stocks, top events, news and more through the trading portal advanced asset classes.
Geojit Finance Mobile Trading App – Geojit Selfie Mobile Trading App
Selfie is a Mobile Trading. It is best fit for all types of users.
- One-tap widespread instrument to search for all contracts across all exchanges NSE, BSE and MCX
- Multiple market-watch and live market depths.
- Provide advanced indicator with more than 100+ indicators.
- Enables you to analyze the fundamental news by analyzing technical and company data
- Trader can invest in diverse segment such as Equity, Commodity, Currency as well as mutual funds
- Data analysis with data with report of 52-week high/low, gainers and losers of the day etc are presented
- Great work on 2G, 3G & 4G Internet access on all smartphones.
- In attempt to give a quick assessment of their trades, customers can access to trade calls and to fundamental research reports. These calls appear in the menu section of the research and are noticeable with constant updates at the screen.
- One tap news and report updates control to get the share market alert. Traders can set alerts and updates as required.
- As Geojit Finance is a complete service provider, users will get regular reports, tips and market advice from this application.
- Trader can install market data and financial data in an excellent layout to perform a fast analysis and crushing of numbers.
Geojit BNP Paribas Customer Support
|Toll Free Number||No|
- The full-service stockbroker provides its customers with the email support means of communication.
- Geojit presents both quality and quantity in customer support with various channels of communication. In fact, the broker set up a portal to support his existing user base. This portal, customers can log problems, receive turn-around data and, finally, create a customized approach. In this way, the customer will be informed every time a ticket action is required.
- Moreover, when users seek Off-line support. Traders can also be able to solve their problems by phone, and direct visit to branches. There are total 489 branches around India.
- In general, the broker offers customer service to its users higher than average.
- They offer Online and Offline trading for trading support.
- Heat-maps and stock scanners for fast evaluation important data. Due to technical parameters such as the Super Trend or RSI you can find numerous trading opportunities using those scanners.
Geojit BNP Paribas Complaints & Feedback
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||187|
|Resolved in BSE||176|
|Lodged in NSE||214|
|Resolved in NSE||198|
In year 2018–19 Geojit Finance Paribas many complaints have been lodges with an active traders base grievance rate of 0.01 %. This full-stock broker service is much safer than that of the sector standard.
- In BSE total 187 complaints were lodged and among 176 were resolved.
- In NSE total 214 complaints were lodged and among 198 were resolved.
Geojit BNP Paribas Disadvantages
- Some of the issues you have to understand if you choose to open your full service security broker demat account are these:
- Brokerage in comparison to other full service brokers is ridiculously high
- Commodity trading is not permitted throughout the segment
- No desktop and no smart phone trading apps for iOs platforms accessible
- The exposure proposed across segments except Equity Intraday.
Geojit BNP Paribas Conclusion
Geojit is one of the security brokers who has experienced the industry’s ups and downs and has managed to maintain its dynamism. But the broker could not establish a decision making around a particular customer center for itself.
Whereas they offer the nominal brokerage fees with a decent service to the customer and a convince factor for the brand, with so many competitors still out, the broker cannot be characterized as a challenger or one of the top brokers.
You should have a thorough discussion of pricing, hidden fees, trading platform fees etc, so that you stay informed on any type of price you could be collected afterward if you are planning to open an account with the broker.
Geojit Finance Review – FAQs
Ques – Is Geojit Finance safe for trading?
Answer – Yes, Geojit Finance is safe for trading. Geojit Finance is one of the top prominent security members in India. Having serviced almost a million customers, and managed Rs. 38,500 crore specified on the national stock exchange (NSE) and the Bombay stock exchange (BSE), the company’s spotless reputation precedes itself and makes it trustworthy.
Ques – What is the brokerage of Geojit Finance ?
Answer – As full service brokers, the company charges upto 0.3% for Equity Delivery Trading and as low as 0.03% for Equity Intraday, Equity Futures and Currency Futures Trading.
Ques – How to open Geojit Finance demat online?
Answer – To open a demat account with Geojit Finance, customers can click on the “Open Demat Account” button below, which will allow a form to appear on their screens. They are requested to fill and submit the form, post which they will receive a call from a representative who will guide them further.
Ques – Can I invest in IPO via Geojit Finance ?
Answer – Yes, you can. You will require a bank account with Self-Certified Syndicate Bank, a demat account with Geojit Finance for credit of shares and a trading account with Geojit Finance to sell the shares after getting credit. The last one might be skipped if you’re investing for a long term.
Ques – What Leverage does Geojit Finance provide?
Answer – Geojit Finance provides upto 5x leverage for Equity Intraday, upto Upto 1x with 22% interest per year for delivery. Rest of the segments are not applicable for margin or exposure.
Ques – Does Geojit Finance have trading App?
Answer – Yes, Geojit Finance has the Geojit Selfie Mobile Trading App, fit for all types of users. It acts as an instrument allowing customers access to all contracts across all exchanges, reports, advanced indicators, data analysis etc.
Ques – How to contact Geojit Finance customer care?
Answer – Geojit Finance customer care can be accessed either online through email support or offline by visiting one of its 489 branches. Support for offline and online trading as well as a dedicated dealer is provided by the company.
Ques – Does Geojit Finance provide Research?
Answer – Geojit Finance acts as a pinnacle for swift and thorough research. The research provided spans many aspects based on the trading segment of Equity, Mutual Funds, Currency and IPO Analysis, and includes reports, free stock tips and a relationship manager.
Ques – Is Geojit Finance good for Beginners?
Answer – Yes, Geojit Finance is good for beginners. They offer a good part of their expertise to their customers in the form of daily market reviews, weekly and monthly reports, offline advisory, stock tips etc. making it a good fit for even beginners or amateurs.
Ques – Who Founded Geojit Finance?
Answer – C.J. George and A.P. Kurian founded the company back in 1986 and laid down its headquarters in Mumbai. Today, the company has a prominent presence in the Gulf.
Get a Call Back from Geojit BNP Paribas
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|SAMCO||Shriram Insight||Swastika Investmart||Way2Wealth|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most Read Articles