Religare Trading / Online Trading – Review, Process, Benefits, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 21, 2023
Religare Trading facilities were offered by Religare Broking Ltd. earlier, and they started their journey in 1984. Religare Online Trading is provided by this firm which has experience of 30 long years in the financial market.
In this article, we will discuss the charges that it levies for various trading segments as the primary thing, and apart from that, we will discuss the trading platforms and various features of the firm and its services.
The article will give you a clear idea of how to open an account with Religare Online and start trading by setting up the whole thing.
Religare Trading and Benefits
Trade with entities among the Top 10 Trading Accounts in India list and flourish your money’s worth. Religare Securities is prominently one of them. There are multiple awards and entitlements that Religare is known for.
There are various benefits that you can reap by using Religare Trading Online, and they are:
- If you have shares in your Demat account, you can use those shares for trading as a margin. Yes, this firm offers a margin trading facility on Demat holdings, a boon for daily traders. The firm offers high leverage in all the segments, which enable the traders to take more positions and earn more profit from the market.
- The firm offers an all-time free Demat and trading account on which you do not need to pay annual maintenance charges. You have to make a one-time payment of Rs.2500, and then you can use the accounts for any number of years.
- The firm is well known for its research services. It has a proper research and advisory division that creates reports and reviews on the market from time to time and circulates among the firm’s traders and investors. This helps the investors get a better idea of the market, especially if the trader or the investor is a newbie.
- Research services offer powerful advanced research tools on trading platforms that make trader to enable research on their own.
- There are multiple funds transferring options that ease the trading process.
- Religare Review is a comprehensive means curated for you to gain insightful details about the company.
Open Trading Account with Religare Securities – Fill up the Form Now!
Religare Trading Charges
|Religare Securities Charges|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 25 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 50 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 2 per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 50 per request or 0.02% of the value of securities whichever is higher|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 50 per request or 0.02% of the value of securities whichever is higher|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 50 per request or 0.02% of the value of securities whichever is higher|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 50 per request or 0.02% of the value of securities whichever is higher|
The Religare Trading Charges include the following:
- Brokerage charges are the charge that the firm itself levies, and it is different for each segment. However, if you see the charges at one go, you will find the charges are pretty much on the lower end of the scale.
- Transaction Charges are levied on the turnover amount, and the rate is 0.00370%, which is a little higher than most brokerage houses.
- STT or Securities Transaction Charges are charged on the total turnover only at 0.0126%.
- SEBI Charges are 0.00005% of the total transaction amount.
- GST is levied on the summation of the amount of brokerage and transaction charges. The prevailing rate at present is 18%.
- Finally, this Stamp Duty is levied as per the state government’s charges for stamp duty.
To know more in detail, also check Religare Brokerage Charges.
Similar Trading Accounts you may also Like
- Sharekhan Trading Account
- Tradebulls Securities Trading Account
- Anand Rathi Trading Account
- Reliance Securities Trading Account
- Ventura Securities Trading Account
Religare Delivery Trading
|Religare Securities Delivery Charges|
|Equity Delivery||0.50% to 0.10%|
The charges for Religare Securities Delivery Trading start from 0.10%, and it can go up to 0.50%, which is below the average charge in the market.
Religare Intraday Trading
|Religare Securities Intraday Charges|
|Equity Intraday||0.050% to 0.010%|
The Religare Securities Intraday Trading service is available for 0.050% to 0.010%, which is also below the average in the market. It is beneficial for intraday trading as the brokerage charges decrease and the profit margin increases.
Religare Option Trading
|Religare Securities Option Charges|
|Equity Options||Rs.70 per lot|
The Religare Securities Option Trading is available at Rs.70 per lot, which is higher than the market average. Most of the big brokerage houses charge around Rs.70 for the Equity options on per lot basis.
Religare Futures Trading
|Religare Securities Futures Charges|
For Religare Securities Futures Trading, you will be charged 0.05% of the transaction amount. It depends on the margin money you keep in the trading account.
Religare Currency Trading
|Religare Securities Currency Charges|
|Currency Option||Rs.30 per lot|
Now, Religare Securities Currency Trading is available at Rs.30 per lot for the currency options segment, which is super cheap. You need to pay 0.05% of the transaction for the currency futures, which is low comparatively.
Religare Commodity Trading
|Religare Securities Commodity Charges|
|Commodity Futures Trading||0.05%|
|Commodity Options Trading||Rs 30 per lot|
The Religare Securities Commodity Trading is also available within a brokerage of 0.05% for the commodity futures segments and Rs.30 per lot for the Commodity Options segment.
Religare Online Trading Process
The process to start Religare Online Trading is as follows:
- You will find a green button on this page, click on the green “Open Demat Account” button, and a Demat application form will appear on the screen.
- Please fill out the form and submit it, ensuring all details are correct.
- Upload the generally required documents, including the PAN, AADHAAR Card, and a cancelled cheque and photograph. These are required for KYC purposes.
- Once the verification of your documents is over and it is successful, you will receive the login details of your account in your given email id.
Login and setup
- Log on to the Religare Securities Website.
- On the website, there are links to download the trading platforms. You can read about the different platforms there and download them.
- You can also use the online platform, accessible without any download or installation.
- For setting up the trading platform, you need to create a watchlist of the market.
- You have to add the stocks that you want to track and trade.
- For adding, you need to click on the add stocks button and search for the share name and click on the add button.
- The primary thing you need for trading is the analysis and stock market knowledge. Analyze the market thoroughly and the stocks you want to trade.
- By clicking on the script of the stock, you can view the details, market depth, and others.
- Put the price and unit of shares you want to trade and other details required into the BUY or SELL dialogue box. This shall place your order.
Religare Online Trading Platforms
The Religare Online Trading Platforms are constructed to provide a seamless experience. Here are the types of platforms you can use.
- Religare Online Web is a web-based platform that helps clients trade without installing or downloading. It is a simple yet effective trading platform with many features like trading tools, analytical tools, customized market watch list options, and research tools.
- Religare Securities App or the Religare Trade on the GO platform is a mobile trading platform that offers to trade anytime and anywhere. It is available on both iOS and Android platforms. It also has a personalized market watchlist option. There are multiple technical tools, and advanced charting options.
- Religare Dynamic is another mobile trading platform of the firm which offers more options than the first one we discussed. It has single-swipe order placement options, which are great for active traders.
- Odin Diet is the trading terminal that the firm offers. It is undoubtedly one of the best trading terminals that traders use, and it is really popular for its exceptional features and performance. It offers an advanced portfolio tracker, market watchlist, chartings, technical indicators, etc.
Religare Securities Trading – Conclusion
This firm’s Religare Securities Trading facilities are worth the brokerage charges it takes.
However, the brokerage charges for Religare Securities Online Trading are very affordable. The trading platforms are varied and offer a great arena for the traders to trade at ease.
Religare Broking Trading FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Religare Broking trading:
Does Religare Broking provide Online Trading?
Yes, Religare Broking does provide online trading. Religare Broking Ltd. offered trading facilities earlier, and they started their journey in the year 1984. Religare Online Trading is provided by this firm which has experience of 30 long years in the financial market.
What are the Charges in Religare Broking?
Apart from the brokerage charge that is different for each segment, there are the Transaction Charges worth 0.00370% and STT worth 0.0126% of the total turnover, 0.00005% of the total transaction amount as SEBI charges, stamp duty charges as per state, and GST worth 18% of the sum of brokerage and transaction charges.
Does Religare Broking provide Delivery Trading?
Yes, Religare Broking does provide delivery trading easily and affordably to its customers. The stocks that will be bought through delivery trading will be added to the Demat account of clients. All brokerage house services are open for availability to clients to help them with the trade.
Is delivery trading Free at Religare Broking?
No, delivery trading at Religare Broking is not free. The company charges a fee from clients wishing to carry out delivery trading through the brokerage house. The charges for Religare Securities Delivery Trading start from 0.10%, and it can go up to 0.50%, which are still below the average charges in the market.
Does Religare Broking provide Option Trading?
Yes, Religare Broking does provide options trading. Options trading at the brokerage house is completely safe. There are several benefits offered to the clients of the firm. This segment of trading allows a bigger percentage of return to the clients.
What are Options Trading Charges at Religare Broking?
The Religare Securities Option Trading is available at Rs.70 per lot for Equity Options and Rs.30 per lot for commodity and currency options, which is on the higher limit when compared to the market average. However, the services provided by the company and the reputation it holds are also on the higher end compared to the market.
Does Religare Broking provide Futures Trading?
Yes, Religare Broking does provide futures trading. Futures Trading involves trading in contracts in the derivatives markets. This type of trading offers better safeguarding to traders as they get to deal in fixed prices with fewer chances of losses.
What is Futures brokerage at Religare Broking?
Religare Broking charges an affordable fee as a futures brokerage. For Religare Securities Futures Trading, you will be charged at 0.05% of the transaction amount. It depends on the margin money you keep in the trading account.
Is Religare Broking safe for trading?
Yes, Religare Broking is completely safe for trading. With over 30 years of experience under its belt, the company has a strong reputation that makes it a trustworthy brokerage house for traders. Religare Broking offers several secure advanced services to its clients.
Does Religare Broking Provide Trading Tips?
Yes, Religare Broking does provide trading tips. It has a proper research and advisory division that creates reports and reviews on the market from time to time and circulates it among the firm’s traders and investors. This helps the investors get a better idea of the market.
Is Religare good for trading?
Religare offers Demat and trading account openings with CDSL and NSDL. It has an efficient trading terminal that offers a variety of trading opportunities to its customers.
Is religare CDSL or NSDL?
Religare Enterprise Limited is a Depository Participant with Central Depository Services (India) Limited (CDSL) and National Securities Depository Limited (NSDL). Customers can open a Demat account with CDSL or NSDL.
What are the brokerage charges of Religare securities?
Religare securities charge 0.50% to 0.10% on Equity Delivery Trades and 0.050% to 0.010% on Equity Intraday Trades from its customers in brokerage.
Who is the owner of Religare?
Rashmi Saluja is leading Religare Enterprises Limited as the Chairperson.
Which is best, Zerodha or Religare?
Zerodha renders its services a Discount Broker, whereas Religare serves its customers by offering full-serving booking facilities. Their services and brokerage differ from one another. In the overall rating, Zerodha is rated 4.5, and Religare is rated 3.5 out of 5.
Why did Religare change its name?
Religare Enterprises Limited offers various services under its subsidiary companies. One of the sectors it caters to is Insurance. And recently, Religare Health Insurance has changed its name to Care Health Insurance.
What is NCB super in Religare?
NCB Super is a comprehensive Insurance Plan offered by Care Health Insurance. No-claim bonus or NCB is a discount on the premium paid by customers.
How do you pronounce Religare?
Pronunciation of Religare – Re·li·gare
How can I activate my Religare account?
To activate your existing Religare account for online trading:
- Open the Religare website from ex.religareonline.com.
- Log in to your account with your ID and password.
- Post login, terms, and conditions to activate your online trading will appear.
- Accept it, and you can start trading.
How can I close my Demat account in Religare?
You can submit the Account Closure Form in physical form to the nearest branch of Religare. Also, ensure to clear outstanding dues before closing your account.
Are Religare and care the same?
Religare Health Insurance has changed its name to Care Health Insurance. Apart from the name, all the services and facilities are the same.
What is the new name of Religare Health Insurance?
The new name of Religare Health Insurance is “Care Health Insurance.”
How can I use Religare online trading?
You can use Religare online trading through their Website and Mobile Trading application. The platforms are customer-friendly and easy to use. You can track different stocks from your watchlist, buy and sell securities as and when you want during trading hours, you can trade in intraday and delivery trades, and use other facilities offered on the platforms.
Is Religare now care?
The Insurance Company under Religare Enterprises Limited has recently been rebranded as Care Health Insurance.
How can I renew my Religare Insurance Online?
If you want to renew your Insurance with Religare, you don’t have to worry about stepping out and going to the branch. You can renew your insurance policy online.
- Visit the Care Health Insurance website.
- Go to the “Renew” section.
- Fill out the mandatory fields like Policy Number, Contact Number, and Date of Birth.
- After filling out the details, click on “Lets Renew” and make the payment online.
Open Trading Account with Religare Securities – Fill up the Form Now!