In India, gold is regarded as a metric for measuring one’s status, though this is an age-old thing, people still do it. So, if you are looking for investment in gold in the city of Chandigarh then here are all the details about Gold Rate in Chandigarh.
We have created this article with Gold Rate in Chandigarh Live so that you can understand how the price is moving. Gold is an investment option, which is crucial to be discussed at this given point in time when the world is witnessing a crisis like never before.
Apart from focusing on the Gold Rate in Chandigarh Today, we have also focussed on the factors that affect the gold price, increase or decrease in the same, the reasons why RBI’s monetary policy affect the price of the commodity, tax levied, import duties and many such vital information that is crucial for the investor.
Investing requires a lot of research and information is a base for that research. Here, we are trying to provide you as much information as possible so that you can easily draw your trading strategy and start investing in this commodity to achieve your financial goal.
22 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh – Gold Price in Chandigarh Today
Also, Check out the Silver Rate in Chandigarh Today
The section below will give you the details of the 22-carat gold. It is the second pure form of gold which is highly used in the market for jewelry making and also for other purposes which involves gold. The 22 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh is given for the previous day here.
Also, Gold Price in Chandigarh Today is given in the table and the change between the both is as well mentioned.
You can also check the percentage of change in the price of the commodity in the table and understand how the gold price has changed over one night. This is crucial information for traders who trade the commodity on a daily basis.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh Today – Gold Price in Chandigarh
The 24 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh is given in this table. Here, there are different details related to the price of the purest form of gold in the country. Pure Gold Price in Chandigarh which is of 24-carat gold is required by investors and traders.
The table is to understand the movement in the price of the commodity and also track and monitor the same, so that the price trend can be analysed. In this table, we have thus given the price of the commodity for the present day along with the previous day.
The change is given in percentage as well as in the numbers. This will help you to easily understand the difference in the price as of today and over the last day’s price. The performance is also mentioned that is whether the price declined or inclined today.
Check out some amazing Gold Calculators
|Chandigarh Gold Investment Calculator||Gold Rate Calculator of Chandigarh|
|Gold Investment Comparison||Gold Rate Comparison|
Gold Price in Chandigarh for Last 15 Days
In this section, you will find the details of the previous fifteen days’ price for both the 22 carat and the 24-carat gold.
The Gold Price in Chandigarh for the last fifteen days needs to be evaluated if you are in the day-trading or short-term trading of this commodity. This will give you an idea of how the price has been moving.
When you will analyse, you will nderstand the price trend and movement and that will help you in finding the right entry and exit points in the gold market. It is crucial for every trader to analyze at least the last fifteen days’ data.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Kochi||Gold Rate in Chennai||Gold Rate in Kerala||Gold Rate in Mysore|
|Gold Rate in Bangalore||Gold Rate in Delhi||Gold Rate in Hyderabad||Gold Rate in Vizag|
|Gold Rate in Mumbai||Gold Rate in Pune||Gold Rate in Kolkata||Gold Rate in Jaipur|
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Chandigarh – Also Past Gold Price in Chandigarh
The Gold Rate in Chandigarh goes up and down every day which is why you need to have a graphical representation, as that will make a lot of things easier. The graphical representation will give you all the prices over the last fifteen days in one place on a single screen.
This Gold Rate in Chandigarh graph we have created has both the price data of 22-carat gold as well as of 24-carat gold.
With this graph you can check whether the prices are going upward or down, is any price reversal or not and much similar analysis can be done with this one graph.
Gold Price in Chandigarh – Past 6 Months Price
Now, we will discuss the price details, trend, and price movement for the last six months starting from May 2020 until December 2019.
For any investor, who thinks about log-term investment in gold, needs to be aware of its historical prices and also understand how it has been performing over the last six months.
So, here we have cumulated Gold Rate in Chandigarh for these six months, the highest and the lowest prices for each month, performance in percentage, and all these are done for both 22-carat gold and 24-carat gold as well.
September 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in September 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|Highest Rate in September||5054||5330|
|Lowest Rate in September||4790||5070|
Let us get going with the Gold Rate in Chandigarh for the month of September. This month’s change in price has been recorded by us, and we have cleanly drafted the same in the tabular representation. We have also ensured to provide you an explanation for the same in the following pointers.
- We have ensured to provide you the price details of both the category gold, i.e. 22 and 24 carat.
- It is time we check the price change which was noticed in this month, and we have done the commutation for you. So, accordingly, the price change level was -4.77% and -4.88%.
- The commutation shows that the price level just underwent a decline, which meant the price of the metal fell down.
- Price of the metal has spiked up to the point when the 22 carat gold priced Rs.5054 and 24 carat gold was priced Rs.5330
- The contrary lowest price of the metal was recorded to be Rs.4790 and Rs.5070 for the 22 carat and 24 carat gold.
August 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in August 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|01-08-2020||₹ 5,225||₹ 5,500|
|08-08-2020||₹ 5,435||₹ 5,700|
|15-08-2020||₹ 5,094||₹ 5,490|
|22-08-2020||₹ 5,050||₹ 5,324|
|31-08-2020||₹ 4,960||₹ 5,300|
|Highest Rate in August||₹ 5,436||₹ 5,701|
|Lowest Rate in August||₹ 4,930||₹ 5,270|
We wish to be your guide in order to help you perform enough research about Gold Rate in Chandigarh. This section is rather inclined towards research of the data from the month of August. You can take a pretty defined conclusion out of the data provided, as they are provided to you in brief and clear manner.
- Check out the table, which contains the price details of the 22 carat and 24 carat gold, from across the entire month. We have also provided the change in price, in the form of percentage.
- You might now want to check the price change which happened throughout the month. For your convenience, we have commuted the same for you, and display its percentage expression for you. This percentage change for both the category gold was 10.26% and 8.18%, a rather noticeable change.
- On the other front, the opening price and the closing price of the month is as well displayed in the table. The opening price was higher than closing price, showing how the price drifted apparently towards end of month.
- You next consideration is the highest price for 22 carat gold, i.e. Rs.5436 and for the 24 carat gold it was Rs.5701.
- Well, the next considerable consideration is the lowest price intervals of 22 and 24 carat gold, which stood at Rs.4930 and Rs.5270.
July 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,698||₹ 4,898|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,690||₹ 4,888|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,737||₹ 4,941|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,790||₹ 5,080|
|31-07-2020||₹ 5,181||₹ 5,481|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 5,181||₹ 5,481|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,628||₹ 4,828|
A fair knowledge is essential for the investors of gold, where they must stay informed about the Gold Rate in Chandigarh. To help you get started with the process, we provide the essential information from the month of July, so you can stay put with your decision.
- If you see the table precisely, we have the highest and the lowest price variation in the price level of the yellow metal.
- Let us discuss the numbers now, where the percentage change for 22 carat gold has been 11.95% and for 24 carat gold it has been 13.53%.
- The change is a major amount and we can see that the price levels have sure went high enough for both the categories, 24 carat gold more than for 22 carat.
- Now, let us shift to the highest and the lowest price points of the 22 carat gold, where it was as much as Rs.5181 and as low as Rs.4628.
- Speaking of the next category, we have the 24 carat gold data, where the highest price was Rs.5481 and the lowest was Rs.4828.
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,590||₹ 4,790|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,460||₹ 4,660|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,600||₹ 4,700|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,642||₹ 4,842|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,656||₹ 4,856|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,700||₹ 4,900|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,460||₹ 4,660|
Take notes of the most recent month’s Gold Rate in Chandigarh. The provide you view above has the likely data of June’s price fluctuation, and the highs and lows for the month you need to take into consideration.
- Follow up on the price trends of June and discover if there was consistency in price level or otherwise. For the same, we have provided rates of 5 different days of the month.
- Percentage change as figured out was 5.38% and 5.15%.
- This percentage was of average nature, which was commuted using all the data of the month.
- Focusing on the high rate, Rs.4700 was the highest for 22 carat gold and Rs.4900 was for 24 carat gold.
- In a similar way, the lowest rate was Rs.4460 for 22 carat old and Rs.4660 for 24 carat gold.
May 2020, Gold Rates in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,525||₹ 4,700|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,475||₹ 4,635|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,560||₹ 4,740|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,590||₹ 4,791|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,571||₹ 4,771|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,620||₹ 4,830|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,440||₹ 4,601|
The Gold Rates in Chandigarh are mentioned over here for May 2020. It is vital for an investor to know how Gold Rate in Chandigarh per Gram moved over the past months.
Thus, we have accumulated the details in this table and tried to analyse the information with our best efforts.
- The first thing that catches our eyes is that the performance of the gold both 22-carat and the 24-carat gold, which performed sluggishly in this month. They both increased just by 4.05% and 4.98% this month respectively.
- The second point to look for or observe is the price movement over the month. The price of the 22-carat gold initially dropped in the second week of the month. Then, it increased in the next two weeks as per the information given above and then again dipped a bit at the end of the month.
- Similarly, for the 24-carat gold, there was a price hike in the mid of the month while the pace was very slow but it increased for the third and the fourth week.
- The highest price achieved by the 22-carat gold this month was Rs.4620 and the lowest was Rs.4440. The difference between these two prices shows the volatility was very low this month.
- The 24-carat gold has a high of Rs.4830 where the low was Rs.4601. In this case, the volatility was moderate but higher than the other type of gold mentioned above.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 4,057||₹ 4,255|
|08-04-2020||₹ 4,051||₹ 4,260|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,365||₹ 4,599|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,165||₹ 4,491|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,475||₹ 4,690|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,615||₹ 4,820|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,051||₹ 4,254|
This month, gold prices roared and all the credit goes to the uncertainty in the market. Yes, due to the coronavirus fear amongst the market participants, the uncertain times, and economic turmoil, gold looked as the best option for investment.
Analysis of Gold Price in Chandigarh for April 2020
Thus, the demand rose this month and so the price. Here are the important price and points amounting Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh for the month of April –
- The progress made by both the gold was incredible. While the 22-carat gold gained 13.92%, the other one that is 24-carat gold moved by 13.31% upward. Though the 24-carat gold gained lesser than the other one but both made significant progress.
- The price of 24-carat gold was highly volatile in this month. As you can see in the table above, the price moved significantly up and down every week. While it increased in the first and second weeks very sluggishly but then jumped in the third week and increased by a huge margin but then fell in the very next week but again spiked up at the end of the month.
- Similar to this 24-carat gold, the price of 22-carat gold also jumped during the third and the end of the month while the rest of the moth it slowed down. Both the gold were highly volatile in this month of April due to the economic distress and crisis going on.
- The highest price that was reached by the 22-carat gold this month was Rs.4615 while the lowest price was Rs.4051. The difference is evident and it suggests the amount of volatility in the market once again.
- For the 24-carat gold also, the volatility was this high and that can be well understood by the highest and the lowest price of this commodity this month. While the highest price was Rs.4820, the lowest price stands at Rs.4254 which is far apart.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 4,078||₹ 4,276|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,325||₹ 4,543|
|15-03-2020||₹ 4,221||₹ 4,435|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,993||₹ 4,194|
|30-03-2020||₹ 4,057||₹ 4,260|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,325||₹ 4,543|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,916||₹ 4,112|
Here in this section, you will read about the important Gold Price in Chandigarh per Gram for the month of March. We will discuss the volatility, highest and lowest prices, and many other details –
- In this month, 22-carat gold started with a fall but gained momentum towards the second week. But then, it again fell during the mid of the month until the month-end, it kept on dropping and then, jumped back towards the end.
- Likewise, the 24-carat gold also fell gradually in the mid of the month while growing in the initial weeks of the month.
- Even though the gold portrayed a downward trend for months of the time of the month, but both gained around 10.44% and 10.48% this month respectively. Yes, both 22-carat and 24-carat gold increased and their overall performance has been really good in this month of March.
- The highest price that was reached by the 22-carat gold was Rs.4325 while the lowest price for the same was Rs.3916 but the difference in the price shows the volatility was there ata moderate level.
- If you see the 24-carat gold highest price which is Rs.4543 for this month and compare it with its lowest price of Rs.4112 for the month, you can gauge the same amount of volatility.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,975||₹ 4,172|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,922||₹ 4,120|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,975||₹ 4,176|
|22-02-2020||₹ 4,097||₹ 4,304|
|29-02-2020||₹ 4,168||₹ 4,375|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 4,192||₹ 4,401|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,922||₹ 4,118|
In February, the prices were more or less stable and increased a bit. We will discuss the same in detail about both 24-carat gold and 22 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh.
- Here you will find the Gold Rate in Chandigarh per gram for both the gold types. The price is given for five days of the month which are the starting dates of each of the weeks or so. The performance of both 22-carat and 24-carat gold has been average this month and both gained around 6.88% and 6.87% respectively.
- The highest price reached by the 22-carat gold was Rs.4192 while the lowest price was Rs.3922 for this month. But, the price difference between these two is not very high which suggests the lowest volatility this month.
- Price for this gold increased from the third week of the month and it increased continuously but at a slow pace.
- The price for 24-carat gold topped at Rs.4401 and the lowest was Rs.4118. Here the difference is a bit more than the other gold. However, still, we will say that the volatility was not that high this month.
- The price dropped in the second week of the month but started increasing from the mid of the month which helped the commodity to gain its momentum.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,813||₹ 4,001|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,931||₹ 4,126|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,853||₹ 4,045|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,923||₹ 4,121|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,923||₹ 4,120|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 4,018||₹ 4,214|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,811||₹ 4,001|
In January, the Gold Price in Chandigarh was a little sluggish, as they increased very minutely. We will discuss the same in details in the section below –
- The overall performance of 22-carat gold was 5.43% which can be regarded as a slow growth. The other gold which is the purest of all 24-carat gold also performed likewise and grew only by 5.32%.
- The highest price of the 22-carat gold this month was Rs.4018 while the lowest was Rs.3811 and both depict the difference which is not that high.
- Similarly, the price for the 24-carat gold topped at Rs.4214 in this month and dropped till Rs.4001. Both the gold prices – the highest and the lowest for these two gold types show the volatility in the market was not that high and the prices were moving at a slower pace.
- If you look at the price given in the table for the five days of the month you can see the price moving up in the second week for the 22-carat gold while it went downhill for the next week until it gained a momentum towards the end of the month and surged again.
- The price of 24-carat gold also reacted in a similar fashion and was moving up and down throughout the month.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in Chandigarh
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,722||₹ 3,910|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,695||₹ 3,881|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,666||₹ 3,855|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,718||₹ 3,904|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,814||₹ 4,007|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,814||₹ 4,007|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,666||₹ 3,851|
The details of the 24 Carat Gold Rate in Chandigarh, and also for the 22-carat gold rate are given in the table. We have made an effort to analyze these important prices and the performance of the commodity in this month in brief.
- So, the price of 22-carat gold moved down the hill for the consecutive weeks starting from the first to the third week until the month was about to end when the prices jumped back and gained momentum.
- The price of the 24-carat gold also projected a similar price movement and the price started moving upward towards the fourth week of the month.
- The highest price which was reached by 22-carat gold in this month was Rs.3814 and the lowest being Rs.3666 doesn’t show a huge difference nor a high amount of volatility.
- Likewise, the 24-carat gold also performed similarly and the lowest price it dropped to this month was Rs.3851 and Rs.4007 was the highest which was not far apart.
Gold Rate in Chandigarh – Trend in 2020
The Gold Rate Trend in Chandigarh has been very volatile since March 2020. In this year, the analysts are predicting the gold prices to increase tremendously owing to the fact that the world is in a crisis.
As you check Today Gold Rate in Chandigarh, the prices are moving rapidly.
There is a high amount of volatility in prices, which wasn’t observed for quite a long time. This is due to the economic crisis which is a result of various other fallouts taking place this year.
The price of the gold was sluggish at the starting of the year but surged significantly from March.
It started rising robustly until April and then, started slowing its pace. It is still increasing but the pace of the increase in the price of the commodity is low.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
|Gold Rate in Tirunelveli||Gold Rate in Ahmedabad||Gold Rate in Odisha||Gold Rate in Indore|
|Gold Rate in Udupi||Gold Rate in India||Gold Rate in Patna||Gold Rate in Kanpur|
|Gold Rate in Warangal||Gold Rate in Goa||Gold Rate in Coimbatore||Gold Rate in Madurai|
Gold Rate in Chandigarh – Trend in 2019
In the year 2019, when the RBI made an addition to the Gold Reserve it has, the price of the gold jumped up. The Gold Rate Trend 2019 in Chandigarh has been very positive throughout the year.
The price of the commodity was rising at its own pace from the starting of the year only. However, with the RBI’s amendments in the monetary policy and, the gold reserve addition, the price of the gold increased in the market.
Furthermore, the currency got depreciated which made the commodity much more expensive.
What makes Gold Rates in Chandigarh to increase?
There are various reasons for the increase in Gold Rate in Chandigarh as on today or on any particular day or for a time span. The reasons for increase in price can be any or all of these points mentioned below –
- Inflation can be one of the basic causes of the rise in the price of gold. Yes, when the general price level increases in the market, each commodity gets expensive, so does gold.
- The demand for the commodity also increases the price of the same. If the demand increases for gold, provided the supply being stagnant or limited, then the price will automatically increase.
- Similar enough, the price level can increase when the price of other assets or demand for other assets like equities, bonds, band FDs, and others will decrease. Yes, in times like this, when investors believe in gold much more than other volatile and high-risk investments, the demand for those assets decreases, and the demand for gold increases.
- The RBI’s policy also helps increase the price of the commodity. For instance, depreciation of the currency.
What makes Gold Price in Chandigarh to decrease?
The reasons behind the fall in the Gold Price in Chandigarh can be attributed to –
- An increase in the interest rate. If the interest rate is increased by the RBI, then the gold investments fall, in turn, the demand for the gold will fall and so does the price of the gold. When RBI increases the interest rate on other financial assets, the demand for them increases as people seek more interest and profit. Thus, investors withdraw their gold investment to invest in those assets.
- The second reason can be an excess supply of gold in the market by RBI. Yes, sometimes, RBI decides to increase the supply of the commodity in the market and that is when the price falls.
- When there is an appreciation in the currency value of our country, then also the price decreases.
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in Chandigarh?
The Gold Rate in Chandigarh gets impacted by Central Bank’s policies because –
- It can increase the supply of gold which will bring down the price and vice versa.
- Bank can alter the currency valuation which will also affect the gold price.
- It can increase or decrease the interest rate which will indirectly affect the price of the gold.
Why Gold Price in Chandigarh is different from other Cities?
The reasons behind different Gold Price in Chandigarh are –
- Hauling cost which is different from other cities.
- Making Charges of jewelry.
- However, the main reason behind the difference in the price is the transportation cost of the gold from the point of import to the city of Chandigarh.
What is Gold Rate in Chandigarh 916 Hallmark gold?
The 22-carat gold is regarded as the 916 hallmark gold in general. It is known as 916 because of the percentage of pure gold in the alloy which is 91.6% and the hallmark is the sign of purity of the gold.
It is always advised to choose hallmark gold to get the best products and value. The Gold Rate in Chandigarh 916 hallmark gold is thus, nothing but the price of 22-carat gold.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Bhopal||Gold Rate in Gurugram||Gold Rate in Hosur||Gold Rate in Raipur|
|Gold Rate in Mangalore||Gold Rate in Ranchi||Gold Rate in Amritsar||Gold Rate in Kakinada|
|Gold Rate in Meerut||Gold Rate in Vijayawada||Gold Rate in Nellore||Gold Rate in Lucknow|
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in Chandigarh?
The Tax on Gold Rate in Chandigarh is –
- You need to pay a 5% GST on the making charges of the gold ornaments.
- If you are buying gold as a commodity then, you have to pay 3% GST only.
Gold Rate in Chandigarh – Conclusion
We hope you have found this article on Gold Rate in Chandigarh useful. We have tried to include different price details, performance details, and all the vital facts within one article so that you do not have to look elsewhere for the information.
Always analyze the price movements from the past and then, invest to make a safe bet.
Most Read Articles