The state of Kerala has been one of the largest consumers of gold. Gold rate in Kochi fluctuates as per the usual currency fluctuations.
You could use this article as a run-through varied outlook and find gold rate in Kochi live here. Included are gold rate in Kochi today of 22 carat as well as 24 carats
A detailed analysis of gold price in Kochi for the past periods can be checked in a flash here. It is consumed in the form of investment as well as jewellery. Here, we bring forth the latest trends and movements in the price of this precious metal.
22 Carat Gold Rate in Kochi – Gold Price in Kochi Today
This type of gold is usually 22 parts of gold and the rest two are metals like alloy, zinc, nickel etc. This is usually used for making jewellery.
This section shows you 22 carat gold rate in Kochi. The table also shows you the fluctuation of 22 carat gold prices as compared to yesterday and the percentage change in price. You can check this section for 22 carat gold price in Kochi today.
24 Carat Gold Rate in Kochi Today – Gold Price in Kochi
24 carat gold is used to make coins and bars alongside being used for manufacturing medical and electronics devices.
This section can walk you through 24 carat gold rate in Kochi today. You can use this section to also check pure gold price in Kochi vis-à-vis yesterday and the approximate percentage change.
Check out some amazing Gold Calculators
|Kochi Gold Investment Calculator||Gold Rate Calculator of Kochi|
|Gold Investment Comparison||Gold Rate Comparison|
Gold Price in Kochi for Last 15 Days
Monitoring the course of a previous period often helps buyers/sellers to make an informed decision about buying and selling.
This section will help you find gold price in Kochi for the last 15 days in a comparable format to assist you in identifying the trends.
Find Gold Rates of other Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in India||Gold Rate in Chennai||Gold Rate in Kerala||Gold Rate in Mysore|
|Gold Rate in Bangalore||Gold Rate in Delhi||Gold Rate in Hyderabad||Gold Rate in Vizag|
|Gold Rate in Mumbai||Gold Rate in Pune||Gold Rate in Kolkata||Gold Rate in Jaipur|
Graph of Gold Rate Today in Kochi – Also Past Gold Price in Kochi
A summarised view in the form of graphs give a bird’s eye view of information in a condensed manner. This section does exactly the same by providing you the graph of gold rate in Kochi. You can look into this section for gold rate in Kochi.
Gold Price in Kochi – Past 6 Months Price
Gold rate in Kochi for the past 6 months is provided in this section, which can help you understand the trends of price movements over a longer period of time. Check this out for a greater insight into how prices have fluctuated over a half year.
Gold rate analysis in Kochi for August 2020
|Gold Rates in August 2020||22 Carat Gold Rate||24 Carat Gold Rate|
|01-08-2020||₹ 5,042||₹ 5,295|
|08-08-2020||₹ 5,226||₹ 5,490|
|15-08-2020||₹ 4,936||₹ 5,384|
|22-08-2020||₹ 4,901||₹ 5,238|
|31-08-2020||₹ 4,767||₹ 5,127|
|Highest Rate in August||₹ 5,467||₹ 5,527|
|Lowest Rate in August||₹ 4,700||₹ 5,007|
Kochi is a famous South-Indian city that belongs to the state of Kerala. It is known for its port as well as its residents’ interest in trading gold. People from the south of India are always more eager in buying gold jewelry and this makes gold trading extremely popular in Kochi also.
This city houses a large number of traders and investors who deal with this precious yellow metal day in and day out. They track the price changes of this commodity every hour and choose the most appropriate time for investing in it.
The highest and the lowest rates of 24 Ct and 22 Ct Gold in Kochi for August 2020 is given below. It will help gold traders and investors in cracking the best deals.
- In August this year, the rates of both the forms of gold fluctuated immensely with a rise of more than Rs.500
- The highest price recorded for one gram of 22 Ct Gold was Rs.5467 while the lowest was Rs.4700
- 24 Ct Gold rate fluctuated between Rs.5007 and Rs.5527 per gram
- The rate of one gram of 22 Ct Gold took a leap of Rs.767 which is noteworthy
- The performance percentage of 22 Ct Gold was calculated to be 16.32% and that for 24 Ct Gold was Rs.10.39%
- The second week of August this year witnessed the highest price for both of the forms of gold in Kochi
Gold rate analysis in Kochi for July 2020
|Gold Rates in July 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-07-2020||₹ 4,520||₹ 4,747|
|08-07-2020||₹ 4,524||₹ 4,749|
|15-07-2020||₹ 4,559||₹ 4,787|
|22-07-2020||₹ 4,631||₹ 4,858|
|31-07-2020||₹ 4,949||₹ 5,195|
|Highest Rate in July||₹ 4,949||₹ 5,195|
|Lowest Rate in July||₹ 4,456||₹ 4,680|
Kochi houses many gold traders and investors who look for good investment options. They search for the latest price of the yellow metal in the city and invest accordingly. This portion of the article will help them invariably as it shall address the current gold analytics in Kochi.
The local gold market in the city is coming back to its position since the unlock session has started and the rates are increasing steadily.
- 22 Ct Gold touched the highest price of ₹ 4,949 per gram in the last week of July
- The lowest rate of 1 gram of 22 Ct Gold for July was ₹ 4,456 in Meerut
- The highest and the lowest rates recorded for one gram of 24 Ct Gold were ₹ 5,195 and ₹ 4,680 respectively
- Gold rates showed a steady increase throughout the month and the highest rates were recorded on the 31st
- The performance percentages were on the higher side with 11.06% for 22 Ct and 11.00% for 24 Ct Gold
June 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in June 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-06-2020||₹ 4,356||₹ 4,576|
|08-06-2020||₹ 4,279||₹ 4,495|
|15-06-2020||₹ 4,376||₹ 4,598|
|22-06-2020||₹ 4,452||₹ 4,674|
|30-06-2020||₹ 4,473||₹ 4,698|
|Highest Rate in June||₹ 4,491||₹ 4,714|
|Lowest Rate in June||₹ 4,217||₹ 4,489|
In this section, you will read about the price trend, volatility in the gold market, and price movements in the city of Kochi for June 2020.
- The price of 22-carat gold as you can see in the table was more or less stable in the initial weeks of the month. However, towards the end of the month, it started moving up a bit but the growth was pretty slow.
- The 24-carat gold also went up the ladder during the last weeks of June. Price was volatile during the initial days of the month.
- The highest price recorded by the 22-carat gold in June 2020 was Rs. 4,491 while the lowest price was Rs. 4,217. The difference between these two values suggests that the volatility in the price was moderate in this month in the city of Kochi.
- Highest and the lowest price for 24-carat gold was Rs. 4,714 and Rs. 4,489. The difference or gap between these prices depicts the fair amount of volatility that was there in the market of 24-carat gold.
- The overall performance of 22-carat gold was average and it grew by 6.50% while the other that is 24-carat gold increased by 5.01% for June 2020.
May 2020, Gold Rates in Kochi
|Gold Rates in May 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-05-2020||₹ 4,238||₹ 4,440|
|08-05-2020||₹ 4,292||₹ 4,495|
|15-05-2020||₹ 4,328||₹ 4,546|
|22-05-2020||₹ 4,331||₹ 4,550|
|31-05-2020||₹ 4,352||₹ 4,571|
|Highest Rate in May||₹ 4,430||₹ 4,651|
|Lowest Rate in May||₹ 4,203||₹ 4,405|
The table summarises the prices of 22 carat and 24 carat gold rates in Kochi for the month of May. Overviewing an entire month of fluctuations helps understand a better picture of movements. The key take-away from the table are also summarised in this article.
- Price of various intervals of the months is exhibited in the table, which also highlights major changes.
- Highest recorded gold rate in May in Kochi is Rs.4,430 on 18th May for 22 Carat and Rs.4,651 for 24 Carat on the same date.
- Also, the lowest recorded price is Rs.4,203 on 2nd May for 22 Carat gold and Rs.4,405 for 24 Carat on 1st
- The prices seem to have taken a hike towards the month end for both the categories.
- The overall percentage change in the gold rate in Kochi per gram from the 1st day of May to the last day of May has been approximately 5.40% for 22 carat and 5.58% for 24 carat gold.
April 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in Apr 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-04-2020||₹ 3,788||₹ 3,973|
|08-04-2020||₹ 3,953||₹ 4,152|
|15-04-2020||₹ 4,350||₹ 4,543|
|22-04-2020||₹ 4,331||₹ 4,533|
|30-04-2020||₹ 4,238||₹ 4,440|
|Highest Rate in Apr||₹ 4,375||₹ 4,577|
|Lowest Rate in Apr||₹ 3,783||₹ 3,972|
For the month of April, the gold rate movement in Kochi is show-cased in the table. The key points from the table have been mentioned here.
- Highest recorded gold rate in April in Kochi is Rs. 4,375 on 23rd April 2020 for 22 Carat and Rs.4,577 for 24 Carat on the same date.
- On the other hand, the lowest recorded price is Rs.3,783 on 2ndApril for 22 Carat gold and Rs.3,972 for 24 Carat on 1st
- The prices seem to have escalated towards the end for both the categories.
- The overall percentage change in the gold rate in Kochi per gram from the 1st day of April to the last day of April has been approximately 15.65% for 22 carat and 15.23% for 24 carat gold.
- This month saw a greater percentage change in gold rates in Kochi than May. Other details are also summarised in the table.
March 2020, Gold Rate Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in Mar 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-03-2020||₹ 3,883||₹ 4,077|
|08-03-2020||₹ 4,044||₹ 4,244|
|15-03-2020||₹ 3,979||₹ 4,177|
|22-03-2020||₹ 3,778||₹ 3,969|
|30-03-2020||₹ 3,783||₹ 3,970|
|Highest Rate in Mar||₹ 4,047||₹ 4,250|
|Lowest Rate in Mar||₹ 3,704||₹ 3,888|
For the benefit of the reader, we have summarised the gold price movement in Kochi in March in this section, for the month. You can use the data as per your convenience. The highlights are also mentioned.
- Highest recorded gold rate in March in Kochi is Rs.4,047 on 9thMarch 2020 for 22 Carat and Rs.4,250 for 24 Carat on 11th
- The prices seem to have decreased towards the end of the month for 22 carat gold category and the same for 24 carat gold category.
- On the contrast, the lowest recorded price is Rs.3,704 on 18ndMarch for 22 Carat gold and Rs.3,888 for 24 Carat on 19th
- The overall percentage change in the gold price in Kochi per gram from the 1st day of March to the last day of March has been approximately 9.26% for 22 carat and 9.31% for 24 carat gold.
- Gold price in Kochi per gram decreased towards the month end for both the categories.
February 2020, Gold Price Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in Feb 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-02-2020||₹ 3,781||₹ 3,968|
|08-02-2020||₹ 3,743||₹ 3,934|
|15-02-2020||₹ 3,794||₹ 3,988|
|22-02-2020||₹ 3,915||₹ 4,112|
|29-02-2020||₹ 3,960||₹ 4,158|
|Highest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,982||₹ 4,175|
|Lowest Rate in Feb||₹ 3,743||₹ 3,932|
This section summarises the fluctuations in the 22 carat gold rate in Kochi and 24 carat gold rates in Kochi for the month of February. Month wise analysis will help you understand the dynamics of gold price changes in Kochi better.
- Prices of gold rate seem to have increased as the month got over.
- Performance analysis is recorded as 6.39% and 6.18% for this month for each category simultaneously.
- Highest shift in price was Rs.3,982 and Rs.4,175 as clearly visible from the table.
- Lowest shift however was Rs.3,743 and Rs.4,932 for both the categories simultaneously.
- Other price trends for the gold rate in Kochi per gram for the month of February are summarised in the table.
January 2020, Gold Price Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in Jan 2020||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-01-2020||₹ 3,626||₹ 3,813|
|08-01-2020||₹ 3,738||₹ 3,928|
|15-01-2020||₹ 3,677||₹ 3,867|
|22-01-2020||₹ 3,739||₹ 3,928|
|30-01-2020||₹ 3,742||₹ 3,927|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,778||₹ 3,971|
|Lowest Rate in Jan||₹ 3,626||₹ 3,808|
Look at this section for all the highlights for gold price in Kochi for the month of January. The first column contains information regarding 22 carat gold price in Kochi and the second column for 24 carat gold data. The highlights have been summarised in the following points:
- The prices increased by the month end in January for both the categories.
- Lowest price was recorded as Rs.3,626 for 22 Ct gold on 1st January whereas the highest price was Rs.3,778 for the same category on 7th
- The highest price was recorded as Rs.3.971 for 24 Ct gold on 7th January whereas the lowest price was Rs.3,808 for the same category on 2nd.
- Stocks seemed to have increased only a little, however, clearly showing an upward trend.
- The price fluctuations of 5 different dates for the month are exhibited in the table.
December 2019, Gold Rate Movement in Kochi
|Gold Rates in Dec 2019||22 Ct Gold Rate||24 Ct Gold Rate|
|01-12-2019||₹ 3,555||₹ 3,733|
|08-12-2019||₹ 3,520||₹ 3,697|
|15-12-2019||₹ 3,504||₹ 3,679|
|22-12-2019||₹ 3,548||₹ 3,727|
|30-12-2019||₹ 3,631||₹ 3,808|
|Highest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,631||₹ 3,812|
|Lowest Rate in Dec||₹ 3,502||₹ 3,679|
As we move forward towards the monthly comparison of 24 carat gold rate in Kochi and the same statistics for 22 ct. gold prices, it would only be useful to see last year’s trends as well. This section summarises gold rate movement in Kochi for the complete month of December.
- Low price increases were visible towards the end when compared to the start of the month.
- Highest recorded gold rate in December in Kochi is Rs.3,631 on 30th December 2019 for 22 ct and Rs.3,812 for 24 ct on 31th December as the new year approached.
- On the contrast, the lowest recorded price is Rs.3,502 on 14th December for 22 Carat gold and Rs.3,679 for 24 Carat on 13th
- The overall percentage change in the gold rate in Kochi per gram from the 1st day of December to the last day of December has been approximately 3.68% positive for 22 carat and 3.62% positive for 24 carat gold.
- Likewise other months, we took the same intervals of the month to study the price fluctuations.
Gold Rate in Kochi – Trend in 2020
The primary factors that have influenced the gold rate trends in Kochi and India in this year have been the change in rate of US $.
A stronger U.S. dollar tends to keep the price of gold higher, while a weaker U.S. dollar is likely to drive the price of gold lower.
Another factor that influences the gold rates generally is investment demand. However, as the pandemic was declared, many changes were seen in Gold Rate Trend in Kochi as the year began.
However, year 2020 has seen a lot of fluctuations in the prices as trade deals happened and as the government declared a lockdown during March. However, prices have been rising since then.
Traders at the world’ largest futures market COMEX have been buying more gold future contracts before which is pushing the prices higher in India and eventually in Kochi. Today gold rate in Kochi, however, is around Rs. 48,860 for 10 gms.
Check out Gold Rates of more cities & states
|Gold Rate in Tirunelveli||Gold Rate in Ahmedabad||Gold Rate in Odisha||Gold Rate in Indore|
|Gold Rate in Udupi||Gold Rate in Chandigarh||Gold Rate in Patna||Gold Rate in Kanpur|
|Gold Rate in Warangal||Gold Rate in Goa||Gold Rate in Coimbatore||Gold Rate in Madurai|
Gold Rate in Kochi – Trend in 2019
Gold rate Trend 2019 in Kochi can be summarised as increasing in the first quarter, decreasing around April and May and then soaring high to reach a record high by the year end.
One of the most substantial reasons of the price fluctuations were trade relationships between the US and the China.
Apart from that, other general factors such as inflation affected the historical gold rate in Kochi in 2019. When inflation rises, the value of currency goes south and therefore people tend to hold money in the form of gold.
Therefore, in times when inflation remains high over a longer period, gold becomes a tool to hedge against inflationary conditions. This pushes gold prices higher in the inflationary period.
What makes Gold Rates in Kochi to increase?
Rural demand affects the overall gold demand in the country. Farmers in rural areas usually invest in gold, thereby affecting the overall demand of the gold of the city and the country.
There are numerous factors which increases gold rate in Kochi as on today. These are listed as follows:
- Interest Rates – Rising interest rates indicate a healthy economy which gives rise to inflation and gold is used as hedge against inflation
- Changes in dollar rates – If rupee weakens against dollar, gold prices soar in rupee terms.
- Geo-political factors – Trade ties between US, China, Korea and India affect much of the gold prices.
- Future Gold demand – With a limited mining capacity, the demand for gold is always higher than the supply and naturally, this influences the gold rate in Kochi today per gram as well.
What makes Gold Price in Kochi to decrease?
On the other hand, there are a lot of other reasons that influence the gold price in Kochi to decrease. They are majorly the opposite of the happenings that lead to an increase in demand.
The overall factors will, in total, lead to changes in Today Gold Price in Kochi per gram.
- A sudden increase in supply will lead to decrease in demand and prices may fall.
- Diplomatic and international factors also lead to a downfall in gold prices.
- Market conditions such as speculation is one of the very important reasons for prices to plummet.
- Poor monsoons lead to rural India not having sufficient incomes to invest, and therefore reduces the prices of gold.
Why Central Bank Policies impacts Gold Rates in Kochi?
Central Banks usually hold the country’s gold reserves. When Central bank increases its gold reserve, the price of gold rises.
If the policies of the Central Bank support economic expansion, there is an ever-increasing demand of jewellery, technology and long-term savings.
If the Central Bank policies smell of risk and uncertainty, market would want to invest in a very safe haven-gold, thereby increasing its demand. The prices of competing assets, such as bonds also affect the Gold rate in Kochi.
The interest rates on these bonds are influenced by the Central Bank. Gold Rate in Kochi today is also a sum up of the momentum of free capital flows which are largely influenced by the Central Bank policies.
Why Gold Price in Kochi is different from other Cities?
Gold price in Kochi is very different from other cities because of the import duty of the government in Kerala. Fluctuations in Indian currency over other currencies affect the gold price largely.
International factors usually influence gold prices in Kochi today but, the prices in Kochi are a combination of all these factors and other local factors including local taxes, government policies and transportation/ hauling costs.
The change in Gold Price in Kochi 916 variables are also on account of the above-mentioned factors along with the changes in purchase quantities.
What is Gold Rate in Kochi 916 Hallmark gold?
916 Hallmark Gold is a different name for 22 carat gold, which is used for making jewellery. 22 carat gold has 22 parts of gold and 2 parts of other metal creating an alloy to ease the use of gold. In 22k gold, only 91.67 percent of the total 100 percent is gold, hence the name 916.
Hallmark is an assurance that all the gold and its purity standards have been met in all cases. Hence, the Gold Rate in Kochi 916 is a synonym for 22 Carat Gold today.
Find out Gold Rates of more Indian Cities & States
|Gold Rate in Bhopal||Gold Rate in Gurugram||Gold Rate in Hosur||Gold Rate in Raipur|
|Gold Rate in Mangalore||Gold Rate in Ranchi||Gold Rate in Amritsar||Gold Rate in Kakinada|
|Gold Rate in Meerut||Gold Rate in Vijayawada||Gold Rate in Nellore||Gold Rate in Lucknow|
How much is the Tax Levied on Gold Rate in Kochi?
There are various taxes that are levied on gold rate in Kochi, GST of 5% on gold jewellery being one of them.
Making charges vary from trader to trader and can be influenced by jeweller’s association. It can be as a percentage of the final product or some fixed charged.
These will be added to the cost of purchasing the gold for the consumer. The cost of these can range between Rs.30 to Rs.60 per gram.
However, tax on Gold rate in Kochi is already fixed by the government. With the onset of GST since 2017, this tax is levied on gold in Kochi
Gold Rate in Kochi – Conclusion
Today gold Rate in Kochi has been a result of all these factors combined. In this article, we have tried to compile and show case various trends based on time and year, thereby providing you an overall as well detailed reading of gold rate in Kochi.
We have also tried to include information both on 22 carat and 24 carat gold rate in Kochi in this article, providing you a holistic approach and information to analyse gold trends.
Most Read Articles