SMC Demat Account – Find Opening Process, Charges, AMC & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 24, 2023
SMC Demat Account is very famous among traders due to the various facilities it provides. SMC Global Securities Ltd was incorporated in the year 1990 and over the years it’s grown massively in terms of its profitability as well as customer base.
It is a one-stop-shop solution for multiple investment needs of customers provided through SMC Global Demat Account and hence, is rated as one of the best broking houses in India.
They are currently serving more than 18 Lac customers across the country and have a field force of more than 3000 employees catering to their customers.
SMC Global is present in 500+ cities in India and overseas as well as in Dubai. The SMC Trading account is also equally popular among traders for the various benefits that they get from it.
SMC Demat Account
As mentioned above, the SMC Demat Account has many prevalent features that can surely lure any trader to join them:
Low Brokerage and Transaction Charges: They offer one of the lowest brokerage rates in the industry and also very competitive transaction charges.
Wide Spread network: They have over a hundred branches in around 500 cities all across the country.
Personalized Service: Whether you are a first-timer or an HNI customer, you can expect to get personalized attention and service from the SMC Global Customer Services team.
Close monitoring: You can keep a close eye on your holdings and transactions that you do each month with the SMC Global Demat Account Monthly Bill Statement that is generated and sent to you.
Automated Pay-in facility: They have incorporated a hassle-free and easily automated pay-in facility for all clients using the Demat Account.
Open SMC Global Demat Account – Fill up the Form Now!
How to Open SMC Demat Account?
In order to open SMC Global Demat Account, you don’t have to really visit any branch or any of their offices; it can all be done online by visiting their official website itself.
Let’s see the step-by-step process of getting a Demat Account opened:
- Click on the “Open Demat Account” button available below.
- A pop-up form will appear, fill in all your details like your Full Name, Mobile No & City.
- You will get a call from SMC Global KYC Team, they will share an EKYC link with you. With the help of this link, you can further process your account online.
- As per SEBI, the PAN Card is a mandate for any person who wishes to trade using a Demat Account and hence, the PAN number is required.
- Once you are done with the form filling, i.e. you have to provide the details of your Aadhaar number, PAN card, date of birth, bank account number and IFS code. You will also need to upload some of your documents on the website as a part of the KYC mandate. The documents required are Pan, Aadhaar, Passport size photo and cancelled cheque.
- Post this entire activity, you will receive a short message on your screen saying that someone from the SMC team will get in touch with you for verification purposes, just after you sign the form digitally via your Aadhaar card.
- The verification will be done by one of their Sales team members and they would also explain to you the various benefits of the Demat account as well.
- Post the successful verification, your SMC Global Demat Account will be activated within 24-28 hrs and you will be intimated about the same through your email.
Check out the Demat Account Opening Process of other Brokers
SMC Demat Account Charges
|SMC Demat Charges|
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NIL|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||NIL|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 499|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 200|
The SMC Demat Account Opening Charges are at par with that of their competitors. They charge Rs.499 as a one-time charge towards account opening for their Demat Account.
MC Global Securities Ltd has partnered with both the Depository Participants namely CDSL & NSDL and hence, you can pick either of these options for your Demat account.
Another requirement in the SMC Demat Account Charges is the Margin Money requirement which is also very low as compared to other market players.
They only require a minimum of Rs.10,000 as their Margin Money; however, customers can also choose to deposit a higher amount as well depending upon their need and requirement of leverage or exposure on their account.
SMC Global AMC or Annual Maintenance Charges
Although the company charges for an account opening which is again a cumulative cost between the Demat Account and the Trading Account, they have been completely flexible when it comes to the SMC Global AMC.
There is no charge whatsoever that the company is charging towards the Trading account AMC; however, for the Demat account, they charge only Rs.200 per annum for the same.
Check out the Demat Account Opening Charges of other Brokers
SMC Trading Account
One thing you can be assured of as a customer is the SMC Trading Account will also give you equivalent benefits to your Demat account.
- The Trading account can be completely integrated with your bank account to make sure that the inflow and outflow of funds happen smoothly.
- The SMC Global Trading account is also empowered by some amazing Trading Platforms that are Browser based, App-Based and Mobile based as well. These trading tools enable you to perform many tasks efficiently and provide accurate data before you make your decisions.
- Detailed portfolio analysis is done using your trading account which can help you analyze your holdings, and spending as well as gains and losses.
SMC Demat Account – Conclusion
SMC Global Securities Ltd is a company which has formed out of the sheer conviction that they can bring about a change in the stock broking industry and hence, they have been very persistent in their approach for so many years.
The SMC Demat Account has become such a rage among customers due to the value adds that it promises and delivers to its customers.
If you plan to join them as a trader, you can rest assured that you will certainly be proud of your decision.
SMC Global Demat Account FAQs
How can I open SMC Global Demat Account?
The process is simple and you are required to click on the “Open Demat Account” button. You will see a pop-up form, the moment you click on the button. When you fill it up and submit it, you will be redirected to the KYC process and the company will get in touch with you.
Is SMC Global Demat Free?
No, the demat account from the company SMC Global is not free of charge and you have to provide the account opening charge of Rs.499, which is the one-time fee alongside the Rs.200 per Annum fee for the account maintenance charge.
What are SMC Global Demat Charges?
Rs.499 is the first charge that the clients are obligated to pay, i.e. the fee referred to as the account opening charge. It is a one-time fee. On the other hand, the fee of Rs.200 per Annum is provided for the demat account maintenance charge.
Is AMC levied on SMC Global Demat?
Yes, an account maintenance charge is to be paid by the demat account holders to the stock broking company. You have to take hold of the account maintenance charge of Rs.399 once every year and do the needful payment.
Is SMC Global’s Demat Account the best?
Yes, this option is indeed a fair one, where you get to invest in a lot of financial products as per your interest. There are multiple investment options provided via the SMC Global Demat Account which is in sync with the need of the investors.
Does SMC Global provide Demat a/c?
Yes, you are provided with a demat account from this company’s end and this is your medium of feasible investment and trading in the stock market. You can avail of the ample products and services this stock broking house provides to you via the demat account.
What Documents are required for SMC Global’s Demat?
You need a bunch of documents which are required for the process of verification and identification. On the same note, you need to cater for the Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport size photograph and cancelled cheque documents accordingly.
Is Aadhaar Compulsory to Open SMC Global Demat?
Yes, an Aadhaar card is indeed a necessary requirement in the process of opening a demat account. It is the medium which lets you prove your identity and also lets you sign the declaration of the KYC form which is essential to get started with verification.
Is PAN required for Opening SMC Global Account?
Yes, it is necessary for the aspirants to provide the PAN card and it serves multiple purposes. The Pan card first serves as proof of identity and then it helps align the accounts by linking the demat account to that of the savings bank account.
Do they Charge a Demat Account opening Fee?
Yes, the company has indeed fixed an account opening fee for the demat account holder, where the said individual has to pay Rs.499 at the time of opening the account. This is, however, a one-time fee and the individual will gain the demat account ownership with the same.
Open SMC Global Demat Account – Fill up the Form Now!
Find out Demat Account details of other Stock Brokers
Most Read Articles