Kotak Demat Account – Find Opening Process, Charges & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 15, 2023
Kotak Demat Account is a three-in-one Demat Account that includes Kotak Trading Account and its Bank Account.
Being one of the most sought-after financial organizations in the country, Kotak Securities has many services and facilities to offer to its clients in the stock brokerage arena.
The article below is a detailed analysis of the Demat and trading account offerings and the services provided by Kotak Securities.
The article will include the details of the Demat account, the process of opening a Demat and trading account with Kotak Securities, its features and charges, and the benefits.
With a customer base of more than 12 lakhs, it is one of the biggest brokerage houses in the country as well.
Kotak Demat Account
Kotak Securities is perceived as a recommended choice. The Kotak Securities Demat Account comes in different types to suit the needs of the various clients and traders.
You do not get this level of variety in a Demat Account with other stockbrokers, Kotak Securities presented you with the most favorable opportunities with its Best Demat Account in India.
There are eight kinds of Demat accounts that one can open per the requirement.
- The first is Auto Invest which is for the investments to be made in Gold ETFs. The advisors of Kotak Securities suggest schemes that are according to the investor’s risk profile.
- Kotak Gateway is the Demat account for Beginners with many trading options and facilities like call and trade, SMS alerts, news, market reports, and many other features.
- Then comes the Kotak Privilege Circle, which is for the traders who can keep margin money more than Rs.10,00,000 (in cash or stocks). This is for elite clients.
- Kotak Freedom is an account for all kinds of Mutual Fund investments.
- Kotak Super Saver is a Demat account type where the brokerage charges are fixed and flat, and the margin requirement is super low.
- Then comes the PMS account, where the clients’ investments holding these accounts are monitored and managed by the financial professionals who are experts in this niche.
- The seventh type of Demat account offered by Kotak Securities is NRI Accounts, where the NRI can invest in the investment vehicles of the nation. It is an online trading platform.
- Trinity Account is the three-in-one account offered by Kotak Securities, where all three accounts are linked together and are with Kotak only. This makes the fund transfer smooth and safe to a great extent.
Advantages of opening Kotak Demat account
- You get to trade a wide variety of trading and investment options with the Kotak Bank Demat Account. There are mutual funds, equities, currencies, commodities, options and futures, and even IPOs.
- There are more than 1400 branches of Kotak Securities in the country where the clients can visit regarding any issues they are facing. However, everything is available online, and issues can also be resolved online.
- The Demat account of Kotak Securities has in-built SMS alert facilities, periodical research and analysis reports are available to market pointers, and stock recommendations are always available for use.
- There is also a chat facility that you get directly from the trading terminal to chat with the customer care personnel to solve your issues or trading queries.
- An easy integration facility is provided to link different banks with the trading and Demat account for easy and flawless fund transfer.
- Kotak Securities allows you all the freedom to invest in securities in your own unique style. Get familiar with all the features of this innovative entity with the Kotak Review section.
Open Kotak Bank Demat Account – Fill up the Form Now!
How to Open Kotak Demat Account?
To Open Kotak Securities Demat Account, you need certain documents, which are –
- AADHAAR CARD
- PAN Card
- Bank Details – Cancelled Cheques
- Address Details
The process of opening the account is very simple, and you need to –
- Click on the “Open Demat Account” button here on this page, and you will get a pop-up form that you need to fill out and submit.
- Once the form is filled and submitted, you need to upload the scan copy of the documents mentioned above.
- Once these two steps are completed, you can expect a call from the Kotak securities executives, who will guide you about the remaining account opening process.
- Complete the process and verification of the application with Kotak Securities; once your application is approved after verification, you will get your login details for the Demat account.
Similar Demat Accounts you may also Like
- HDFC Securities Demat Account
- ICICI Direct Demat Account
- Axis Direct Demat Account
- SBI Cap Securities Demat Account
- Motilal Oswal Demat Account
Kotak Demat Account Charges
The Kotak Securities Account Opening Charges are nil. Yes, there is no charge for opening the Demat account with this brokerage house.
There is no charge for opening any three of the accounts: Kotak Demat Account Charges, Trading, and Bank account.
The Kotak Securities Demat account is opened under the depositories – CDSL and NSDL. So you get the best place for your shares, and they are safe in these depositories.
Kotak Securities AMC & other charges
Take a look at this table to get a better idea of the charges levied by Kotak Securities:
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy-side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||75% Margin|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 25 per instruction|
|Dematerialization Charges||Rs 50/- per request and Rs 3/- per certificate|
|Pledge Creation||0.05% of the value of securities|
|Pledge Invocation||0.04% of the value of securities|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 18.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 15.5 + Rs. 15.5 (Rs. 31 per scrip)|
The Kotak Securities AMC or annual maintenance charge differs between an NRI and a resident Indian. Monthly payment of Rs.50 is taken from resident Indians, while an NRI is obligated to pay Rs.75 per month.
You can check the other likely charges you may incur along with the time interval of holding the Demat account in the provided table. It states the pledging charges, remat, Demat and other charges.
However, the maintenance charge for the Demat account can be waived if there are offers that are frequently provided by the brokerage house.
However, compared to other big brokerage houses, most of them do not charge any maintenance for the trading account, but Kotak does, and it provides services worth the fee you pay.
To know in detail, also check Kotak Brokerage Charges.
Kotak Trading Account
The Kotak Trading Account is a must for trading any investment options available with the brokerage house. The margin money you need to keep in the trading account is 75% Margin as the minimum.
This can go up to Rs. 1000000 and above depending upon your transactions. The margin can be kept in the form of stocks as well.
So, there is no restriction that you have to keep only cash to trade; you can use the stocks you have in your account for purchasing other stocks.
Kotak Securities Demat Account – Conclusion
The Kotak Securities Demat Account provides a world of opportunities for traders. Whether they are beginners or pro-traders, there are various Demat accounts and facilities that they can opt for as per their requirements.
Kotak Securities is undoubtedly one of the most famous stock brokerage houses in the country, evident by its huge customer base.
Kotak Securities Demat Account FAQs
Here is the list of FAQs related to the Kotak Securities Demat Account:
How can I open Kotak Securities Demat Account?
You must locate the “Open Demat Account” button from this page and click on it. When you see the pop-up form appear, fill it up, and then you will have to go through the KYC process. It is your account verification gateway and is necessary for a way or two.
Is Kotak Securities Demat Free?
This is partially true since the stockbroking house has waived the opening account charge for its clients. On the other end, the account maintenance change of the Demat account is taken from the account holder, based on the following structure.
What are Kotak Securities Demat Charges?
Investors must pay (AMC) account opening charges as they are levied by the stockbroker generally. The stockbroking house waives off the account opening charge; however, the AMC is imposed and charged once every month.
Is AMC levied on Kotak Securities Demat?
Yes, an AMC is levied by this stockbroker to all the account holders in general. This varies based on NRIs and resident Indians. So, the NRIs are obligated to pay a charge of Rs.75 per month, whereas the resident Indians are compelled to pay Rs.50 per month.
Is Kotak Securities Demat Account the best?
Yes, Kotak Securities is popular for the line of investment options they provide and the features embedded in the Demat account. They have a track record of successfully rendering services to all their clients in general, which led to the abundance of positive ratings this broker earned.
Does Kotak Securities provide Demat a/c?
Yes, this stockbroker has included the Demat account service for its clients, via which they can enter into active trade orders. There are many segments of investment provided by the broker, which is done through the Demat account.
What Documents are required for Kotak Securities’ Demat?
To open a Demat account with Kotak Securities, documents related to identity and financial holdings are required. The documents which fulfil the said purpose are Aadhaar card, PAN card, passport size photograph, and canceled cheque accordingly.
Is Aadhaar Compulsory to Open Kotak Securities Demat?
Yes, investors must provide an Aadhaar Card if they wish to open a Demat account. The Aadhaar Card is a proof of identity, and it is also used to sign the declaration of the Demat account application form, which should be done at the end.
Is PAN required for Opening Kotak Securities Account?
Yes, the individuals who wish to open a Demat account need to provide the stockbroker with a PAN card detail. IT is because this card proves identity and financial status and lets one link their bank account to a Demat account. Kotak offers 3 in 1 account, and hence PAN is mandatory.
Do they Charge the Demat Account opening Fee?
No, this is good news from the stock broker’s end, and they charge no account opening charge for first-time users. You can choose to open a Demat account with Kotak Securities, and you will be charged no specific fee for the same.
Is Kotak Securities good for trading?
Emerged from Kotak Bank, Kotak securities is a full-service stockbroker that efficiently offers easy and convenient services to its customers. It is backed with personalized research, online and offline services, and robust technological amenities to cater to its clients. It is one of the trusted, and reliable stockbrokers present currently.
Is Kotak Securities a good broker?
With the well-researched stock recommendation and attractive brokerages, Kotak securities have differentiated itself from its competitors in many ways. It offers free account openings to its customers and zero brokerage on intraday trades across segments.
Can I buy international stocks from Kotak Securities?
Kotak securities not only offer investment opportunities in the share market, but with its international platform, it paves the way for a world that is limitless. You can get on board on this journey on your own as it is a do-it-yourself (DIY) stride. Fill in your details and regulatory details, and you are good to go.
What is the Kotak trading account?
Just the way you need a Demat Account to hold your securities in dematerialized form, to transact and trade in those securities, you need to have a Trading Account. A trading account gives you the access to buy, sell and trade in the securities conveniently. Place an order online, and it will be done in no time.
What is the interest rate of Kotak Securities?
Kotak securities charge interest on Margin trades. It charges 0.025% per day for derivative trades. Further, it charges 0.04% per day for outstanding debit balances on Margin Trading Facility (MTF) and 0.05% per day on other debit balances. This interest is charged monthly.
How can I sell stock in Kotak Securities?
The first thing required to sell shares is having the shares in dematerialized form and having a trading account, as the shares are offered for sale online in the secondary market.
Who are the competitors of Kotak Securities?
Some of the strongest competitors of Kotak Securities are HDFC Securities, Angel Broking, Sharekhan, Motilal Oswal Asset Management, SPA Capital Services, and Edelweiss.
Can I transfer shares from Icici direct to Kotak?
The investor must submit the DIS with the current broker to transfer shares from one stock broker to another. In case the depository of your existing stockbroker and new stockbroker is the same, you will have to submit intra DIS; otherwise, inter DIS is required to be submitted.
Can I buy US stocks from Kotak Securities?
Yes, you can buy US stocks with Kotak Securities. Kotak Securities has a distinct investment platform from where Indians and NRIs can invest directly in US stocks.
Can I use Kotak 811 for trading?
Kotak 811 can be used for trading if the broker is linked with Kotak 811. In an otherwise situation, you can use NEFT to transfer money to your broker account.
Is intraday free in Kotak Securities?
Under the Kotak Securities Trade FREE Plan, Kotak Securities offers Zero brokerage on Intraday Trades to its customers.
How long does the dematerialization process take?
Usually, the dematerialization of shares takes about 30 days.
Open Demat Account with Kotak Securities