SAMCO Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & moreLast Updated Date: Mar 22, 2023
SAMCO securities is a very new company that entered the market in 1993. However, its innovative services and product range have got a good hold on the market.
The article below is a complete SAMCO review that will give you insights into the company, its working culture, operations, and its products and services.
The article has a detailed analysis of the trading platforms of the firm and all other relevant details that you would like to know about this discount broker.
Table of Contents
- Rating & Review
- Brokerage Charges
- Other Charges
- Account Opening Charges
- Account Opening Process
- Products & Services
- Research & Tips
- Trading Platforms & Apps
- Customer Care
- Open an Account with SAMCO Now!
SAMCO Ratings & Review by Top10StockBroker
|Research & Advisory||3.0 / 10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||8.5 / 10|
|Product & Services||6.0 / 10|
|Trading Platforms||6.2 / 10|
|Broking Experience||5.5 / 10|
|Overall Rating||5.8 / 10|
About SAMCO Broking House
|Broker Type||Discount Broker|
Commenced its business as SAMCO Ventures Private Limited in the year 1993. The firm acquired Samruddhi Stock Brokers Ltd. and finally re-launched itself as SAMCO Securities.
The firm’s founder is Mr Jimeet Modi, who has been a devoted stock market enthusiast from a very young age. The company is under his supervision, and he is the firm’s CEO at present.
The company has its headquarters in Mumbai and branches all over the country in different cities. It is registered as a private firm and works among the Top Brokers in India.
The firm launched the Indian Trading League (ITL), India’s first stock market league, in May 2015.
It has membership across various stock and commodities exchanges in India, which lets its customers and clients trade across multiple segments. It is a member of NSE, BSE, NCDEX, MCX, and MCX-SX.
The vision of this discount broker is to provide extremely affordable trading solutions to its customers to make the life of the traders and the investors easy. It is highly suitable for traders embarking on a new trading journey.
It also has a mission to solve the age-old stock market problems that the traders face and provide a new and improved platform for them to trade, churning the best opportunities available.
The main motive of this discount broker is to make trading feasible and reasonable for every aspiring Indian trader.
The current active clientele of the stockbroker is around 38243, which is growing at a good potential mainly because of its cheap brokerage charges and other facilities.
Open Demat Account with SAMCO – Fill up the Form Now!
SAMCO Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charges & Fees|
|Equity Delivery||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Commodity||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Minimum Brokerage||As per Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free|
|Trading AMC Charges||Rs.400 per annum from the second year|
|Margin Money||Zero Margin|
The brokerage charges of SAMCO vary across the segment, but the maximum one has to pay for each trade cannot exceed Rs. 20. For the equity delivery segment, it is Rs. 20.
For the intraday segment, it is Rs. 20, and the same goes for the commodities segments as well as for the equity and currency futures.
For the options segment, it is fixed at Rs. 20 per lot, whether it is equity or currency options.
For a detailed calculation of brokerage & other charges, check out our SAMCO Brokerage Calculator.
Similar Stock Brokers, you may also Like
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||18%|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 50 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 35 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 10 + Rs 50 Courier charges|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
The other charges of SAMCO, which are mostly mandatory charges levied by the authorities, include the STT, which is charged at 0.0126% on the total turnover of the trader; similarly, there are these SEBI turnover charges whose rate is 0.00005% on the total turnover.
Apart from these two, there are GST and stamp duty charges. The GST is charged on the cumulative amount of brokerage and transaction charges of the transaction at 18%.
The transaction Here is charged on the total turnover at a rate of 0.00325%. The stamp duty charges are very nominal and depend on the state you are trading from.
In addition to the above, SAMCO also charges its customers in the form of:
Transaction Charges – SAMCO charges no sum for buy market trades and charges Rs. 10 for sell market trades.
Inter-Depository Transfer – For inter-depository transfer, SAMCO charges 0.02% or Rs 25, whichever is higher for selling and no charges in case of buying.
Demat Charges – Demat charges charged by SAMCO is Rs 10, and on top of that, Rs 50 is Courier charges.
Remat Charges – Remat charges are charged as prescribed by CDSL and Rs. 50 as courier charges above that.
Pledge, Unpledge, Pledge Invocation – SAMCO charge Rs. 60 per ISIN for pledge creation, pledge closure, and pledge invocation.
To know in detail, just click on this link SAMCO Brokerage & Other Charges.
Compare SAMCO with Other Brokers
Compare Stock Brokers
SAMCO Demat Account Opening Fees
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Free 1st Year and 2nd Year 400 + GST|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Offline to Online||No|
The SAMCO Demat account opening charges are nil which means that the stockbroker offers a free Demat account.
Its depository source is CDSL, and the trading accounts provided are also free of cost. The only charge payable per year is the annual maintenance fee for the trading account, which is Rs. 400.
To know more, just click on this link SAMCO Demat Account.
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||No|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||No|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss-Making Trades||No|
SAMCO is an online discount broker and has been entitled to various awards for its features and offers.
The offers provided by the discount broker SAMCO are as follows-
- The Demat account and the trading account opening charges are waived off
- There is s a discount available on the brokerage amount on fulfilling certain criteria
- There are other limited-period offers that the company provides from time to time
SAMCO ensures you the best online experience of Trading and imparts every service as one of the Top 10 Full-Service Brokers in India from account opening to quick fund transfers.
Cash Plus – Cash Plus is a product that helps increase the investors‘ equity delivery leverage. It is an innovative tool that can optimistically enhance equity delivery leverage.
Stock Plus – A comprehensive mutual fund and margin-against-shares that maintains trading limits against shareholdings for intraday and positional trading.
BTPT – Another fascinating feature preferred by SAMCO is Buy Today, Pay in Two Days, which offers leverage of two days for equity delivery purchases.
How to open a Demat Account with SAMCO?
So, for opening a Demat account with SAMCO, you can approach it either through an online process or by visiting the branch itself.
For the online process –
- You have to click on the button that says “Open Demat Account.” A Pop Form will open; you have filled it with the necessary details; make sure the details are correct and updated.
- The next step is to find the list of documents you need to upload with the form, scan each of the documents and upload the form on the online site. The list of documents mostly includes the PAN, AADHAAR, bank statement, address proof, and other necessary KYC documents.
- Here, your part is done; now, the company will take over and verify all the documents and check whether all information is correct or not.
- Once they find everything perfect, your application will be approved, and the account will be opened. You will be given the login details and credentials to your account.
- You can start trading by logging into your account.
For the offline method –
- Visit the closest branch of SAMCO in your city. Talk to the executives there and take the Demat and Trading account opening application form.
- Please fill out the form and submit it along with the KYC documents. (all documents are the same as mentioned above)
- The executives will check the form and the KYC documents and verify them in person.
- Then they will approve the application if everything is alright.
- You will get your login details to your trading and Demat account, and you can start trading.
Open Demat Account with SAMCO – Fill up the Form Now!
Why Open SAMCO Trading Account?
There are ample reasons to open SAMCO Trading Account, and the most important ones are as follows –
- Brokerage is ultra-low that benefits the customers and the newbies in the market. The maximum amount of brokerage is Rs. 20 irrespective of the amount of the transaction or the volume of the same.
- There are intraday and charts of the historical data available from the broker on the trading platforms to facilitate your trading experience.
- It is a huge exposure level for the delivery trades available, and you can easily fund your delivery trades with SAMCO.
- You can benefit yourself and others from the Referral program of the company. You have to refer to the Demat and trading services of the company, and if anyone opens the account, you can earn money on the same for referring them.
- There is no need to maintain any margin or balance in the trading account, known as the Zero balance trading account.
- Calculators and other tools are available on the trading platform for calculating your profit and losses on the trades. There is an options calculator which uses the Black Scholes formulae.
- The hardware and its support facility are up to the mark, and it helps in providing the ultimate smooth experience of trading.
- Intraday opportunities are huge as it covers more than 500 stocks.
- The trading terminal is not only advanced but also very resilient. You can connect and trade from the comfort of your home and even when you are travelling using the mobile application of SAMCO.
- It provides the facility of trading across different markets simultaneously on the same screen.
- The leverage level it provides is the highest in the market.
- It has a platform that uses AI, the future of trading.
- It has a great network of customer care executives, and they are technically helpful and understand and take care of the customers pretty well. Also, it is regarded as having the best support team for stock trading.
- This discount broker has tutorials and knowledge banks, which help the new traders and all the traders understand the market better.
- Fundamental and market analysis is provided in the easiest form so that every trader can understand and make use of it.
SAMCO Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
The SAMCO products include equities, commodities, currencies, derivatives – futures, and options. Apart from these traditional investment instruments, the company also allows mutual funds and SIP investment trade.
Equity Derivatives – Derivatives are assets that derive their value from the underlying asset, and in the case of equity derivatives, the underlying asset is shares of a listed company.
Currency Derivatives – Investors can invest in the various currencies of different countries by investing in currency derivatives with SAMCO.
Commodity – With the evolution of society, the investment market has also evolved to a high degree. Now, investments are not limited to stocks or debentures, but several commodities can also be dealt with.
Mutual Funds – Investors can also invest in Mutual Funds with Samco’s various platforms.
IPO – Initial Public Offering or IPO is the first time a company offers its equity shares to the general public, and with Samco, you can apply for an upcoming IPO easily.
|3 in 1 Account||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
- Demat services – it is a depository participant of CDSL
- It has trading services which include intraday services ad IPO facilities, as well
Margin Funding – In margin funding, the investors pay a small percentage of the share value, and the stock broker funds the remaining portion.
Loan Against Shares – Another beneficial feature for investors is Loan Against Shares(LAS), where they can avail of a loan facility with the underlying shares they have.
Research Services – Samco also provides research services to its customers to make better investment choices.
SAMCO Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||No|
|Free Stock Tips||No|
|Daily Market Review||No|
The research and advisory facilities are yet to start with the firm. Various tools are available on trading platforms and the knowledge bank of the firm, which can be used for research and analysis.
SAMCO Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
The exposure or leverage provided by the company comes under three segments. There are –
- StockPlus account: Customers who opt for this account can use their holdings in the Demat account to purchase more shares. The Demat account holdings are used as a margin.
- Cashplus account: Traders who use this account type get leverage up to 1 time on their delivery trades.
- InstaPlus account: This account holder gets a margin against shares they trade during the day. It is available for the equity derivative segment and also for the currency derivatives segments.
- The maximum leverage traders can get up to 5 times for the intraday trades.
- The ultimate leverage for equity delivery, equity futures, currency futures, and commodities is up to 1 time.
SAMCO Margin Calculator will help you to calculate how much margin you will get if you invest or trade with 5Paisa.
How to transfer shares in SAMCO from other Stock Brokers?
Looking to transfer your shares from other stock brokers to SAMCO, we’ve got you in just 3 simple steps:
- Download the Delivery Instruction Slip from SAMCO’s website, fill in all the details and submit it with Samco’s registered address. Ensure to attest the requisite documents.
- Provide shares’ details of the shares to be transferred with the DP number on the issued DIS book and send it back to Samco’s address.
- Samco will process the share transfer within 24 hrs from the time the request is received.
SAMCO Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||No|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platforms||No|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
The trading platforms of SAMCO are well advanced to suit the requirement of the traders. There are three kinds of platforms, each for the web, desktop, and mobile.
SAMCO Trader: SAMCO Trading Terminal
SAMCO Trading Platform is a desktop-based trading terminal which is a software-based terminal. The software is Omnesys NEST Trader, which is NSE software. It is revamped and upgraded for SAMCO. It is highly adaptable and user-friendly software. The main features of SAMCO TRADER are as follows –
- It is downloadable and easily installable.
- There is a market watch option available with the real-time updates
- Snap quote facility is there on the platform. This helps the trader understand the recent stock price movement and the buyers’ and sellers’ current volume and price offers.
- There is an easy fund transfer facility across various banks
- There is a cover order facility available, as well as bracket orders.
SAMCO Stock Note Web – SAMCO Web Trading Platform
Now, the SAMCO Web Trading Platform is the web-based trading platform offered by the discount broker, known as SAMCO Stock Note Web.
- It is accessible through any device – desktop, tablet, mobile, and
- It has real-time updates and news flash.
- Tracking and placing orders is easy.
- This is an HTML-based trading platform; no downloads are required
SAMCO Stock Note App – SAMCO Mobile Trading App
SAMCO Mobile App is the mobile application-based trading platform of SAMCO. The features are –
- It is Artificial intelligence for the techniques and tools used for trading. This is the future of trading, and thus it helps the traders to be ahead of time, making the trades profitable.
- This is simple yet very efficient when placing orders and tracking the market.
- There are ample charts and data available for analyzing the market
- Live news, market day, market watch facilities
- Alerts can be set for trades and market movements
Stock Note – It is a mobile application that caters to all investors’ requirements at one point.
Nest Trader – To access all the features of SAMCO on a desktop or laptop, you can rely on the Nest Trader platform designed for accessing the system.
StockBasketKyaTrade – A platform that segments expert-selected portfolios and baskets of stocks at just one click of yours.
StockNote Trading APIs – Amongst many apps and platforms of SAMCO is Stock Note Trading API, which helps customers with trading.
RankMF – This platform is designed and dedicated to solving Mutual Fund Requirements. Customers can search and trade in a mutual fund from here and track their investments.
Samco Star – What makes an entity successful is its internal efficiency of operations and for which it requires a reliable technological source, and for SAMCO, Samco Star does it all.
SAMCO Customer Support
The customer care services of SAMCO are very popular and gained enough appreciation because of the friendly and helpful nature of the customer care executives.
They provide dedicated dealer services. You can contact them online and via Email support.
SAMCO Complaints & Feedback
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||89|
|Resolved in BSE||56|
|Lodged in NSE||114|
|Resolved in NSE||78|
In the last year, that is 2018, the number of complaints registered against SAMCO on NSE was 114, out of which only 78 had been resolved.
The company needs to take steps to resolve the complaints and reduce them by making improvements, as depicted by the scenario. On BSE, the number of complaints was 89, out of which 59 were resolved.
- The website-based trading platform needs to be upgraded, and also various features can be added to the existing trading platforms to make them up to date.
- There are no research and advisory facilities, which hinders the trader’s trading experience.
Being a new discount broker in the market, SAMCO has gained enough recognition for its exceptional services.
However, there is still a long way to go regarding the trading terminals research facilities to be a popular broker in the market.
SAMCO Review FAQs
Check out the FAQs on SAMCO
Is SAMCO safe for trading?
Yes, this stock broker is another addition to the list of stock brokers you can trust. They are highly trusted and reliable in terms of the services they offer and how well they have been serving their client base, i.e., to date.
What is the brokerage of SAMCO?
Since SAMCO is a discount broker, they charge a flat rate for all segments. The brokerage for Intraday, Futures, Currency Futures, and delivery is 0.02% or Rs.20. On the other hand, the brokerage for Equity Options and Currency Options is Rs.20 per lot.
How to open SAMCO Demat online?
Begin with the process by clicking on the “Open Demat Account” button. Enter all the details in the pop-up form as asked, and click submit.
You will then be redirected to the KYC process, which is mandatory. When the verification process is done, you will get your account.
Can I invest in an IPO via SAMCO?
Yes, investing in IPO is provided via this particular stock broking house. They let you invest in the latest IPO via their website.
You need to fill in the digital IPO investment form and make sure you go through the terms and conditions vividly and closely.
What Leverage does SAMCO provide?
The leverage option is not provided for two segments. When you invest in opportunities and Currency options, you will not be provided with the exposure facility; however, for the other segments, i.e., delivery, futures, currency futures, and commodity, it is 1x; for intraday, it is 5x.
Does SAMCO have a trading App?
Yes, the facility of investing via a trading app is available for the investors of SAMCO.
This application lets the investors overcome physical limitations and allows everyone to trade from anywhere and everywhere. Investment in any security can be made through the app.
How to contact SAMCO customer care?
The stock broking house assists with email support and dedicated dealer support. You can send them an email about your concern and get it clarified as the earliest.
They have a pretty good query resolution rate, which is a perk in a way or two.
Does SAMCO provide Research?
No, the company does not involve itself in providing any kind of research and advisory service for its clients.
They are a discount broker, and research and advisory are not generally their operation line, as full-service stock brokers usually provide it.
Is SAMCO good for Beginners?
Yes, and the major factor of consideration would be their nature of operations, i.e., they are discount brokers.
In this manner, they do not charge a high rate, nor do they ask for massive margin money to maintain the Demat account. This is required for beginners who wish to start small.
Who Founded SAMCO?
Jimeet Modi is the founder of this stockbroker who came into existence in the year 2015.
He is the CEO of this company which aims to provide investment and wealth maximization facilities at affordable rates for all customers.
Open Demat Account with SAMCO – Fill up the Form Now!