SAMCO Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & more
SAMCO securities are a very new company which entered the market in the year 1993. However, with its innovative services and products range it has got a good hold on the market at present.
The article below is a complete SAMCO review which will give you insights about the company, its working culture, and operations and about all its products and services.
Article has a detailed analysis of the trading platforms of the firm and all other relevant details that you would like to know about this discount broker.
SAMCO Customer Ratings & Review
About SAMCO Broking House
|Broker Type||Discount Broker|
SAMCO Securities was incorporated as SAMCO Ventures Private Limited in the year 1993. The firm then acquired Samruddhi Stock Brokers Ltd. and finally re-launched itself as SAMCO Securities. The founder of the firm is Mr. Jimeet Modi who is a devoted stock market enthusiast from a very young age. The company is under his supervision and he is the CEO of the firm at present.
The company has its headquarter in the city of Mumbai and has branches all over the country in different cities and it is registered as a private firm and works as a discount broker. The firm launched the Indian Trading League (ITL) which is India’s first stock market league, in the month of May 2015.
It has membership across various stock and commodities exchanges of India which lets its customers and clients trade across various segments. It is a member of NSE, BSE, NCDEX as well as of MCX and MCX-SX.
The vision of this discount broker is to provide extremely affordable trading solutions to its customers to make the life of the traders and the investors easy. It is highly suitable for the traders who are embarking on the new journey of trading.
It also has a mission of solving the age-old problems in the stock market which the traders face and to provide a new and improved platform for them to trade churning the best opportunities available. The main motive of this discount broker is to make trading feasible and reasonable for every aspiring Indian trader.
The current active clientele of the stockbroker is around 38243 which is growing at a good potential mainly because of its cheap brokerage charges and other facilities.
Get a Call Back from SAMCO. Fill up this Form.
SAMCO Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Intraday||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Futures||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Equity Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Futures||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Currency Options||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Commodity||Rs 20 per executed order|
|Minimum Brokerage||As per Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free|
|Trading AMC Charges||Rs.400 per annum from second year|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Brokerage Calculator||Samco Brokerage Calculator|
The brokerage charges of SAMCO vary across the segment but the maximum one has to pay for each trade cannot exceed Rs. 20. For the equity delivery segment it is Rs. 20. For the intraday segment, it is Rs. 20 and the same goes for the commodities segments as well as for the equity and currency futures. For the options segment, it is fixed at Rs. 20 per lot whether it is equity or currency options.
Compare Stock Brokers
Find brokerage charges of other Full Service Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|Axis Direct||ICICI Direct||Karvy||Upstox|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||18%|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 50 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 35 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 10 + Rs 50 Courier charges|
|Pledge Creation||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
|Margin Repledge||Rs 60 (Including CDSL Charges)|
The other charges of SAMCO which are mostly mandatory charges levied by the authorities include the STT which is charged at 0.0126% on the total turnover of the trader, similarly, there are this SEBI turnover charges whose rate is 0.00005% on the total turnover.
Apart from these two, there are GST and stamp duty charges. The GST is charged on the cumulative amount of brokerage and transaction charges of the transaction at 18%.
The transaction here is charged on the total turnover at a rate of 0.00325%. The stamp duty charges are very nominal and depend on the state where you are trading from.
SAMCO Demat Account Opening Fees
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0 (Free)|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Free 1st Year and 2nd Year 400 + GST|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Offline to Online||No|
The SAMCO Demat account opening charges are nil which means that the stockbroker offers free Demat account. Its depository source is CDSL and the trading account it provides is also free of cost. The only charge that is payable per year is the annual maintenance fee for the trading account which is Rs. 400.
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||No|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||No|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
The offers provided by the discount broker SAMCO are as follows-
- The Demat account and the trading account opening charges are waived off
- There is a discount available on the brokerage amount on fulfilling certain criteria
- There are other limited period offers that are provided by the company from time to time
Find Offers from other Broking Houses
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||Geojit Finance|
How to open Demat Account with SAMCO?
For opening a Demat account with SAMCO you can approach it either through online process or by visiting the branch itself.
For the online process –
- You have to click on the button that says “Open Demat Account”. A Pop Form will open, you have fill it with the necessary details, make sure the details are correct and updated.
- The next step is to find the list of documents you need to upload with the form, scan each of the documents and upload with the form on the online site. The list of documents mostly includes the PAN, AADHAAR, bank statement, address proof, and other necessary KYC documents.
- Here, your part is done, now the company will take over and verify all the documents and check whether every information is correct or not.
- Once they find everything to be perfect, your application will be approved and the account will be opened. You will be given the login details and credentials to your account.
- You can start trading by logging into your account.
For the offline method –
- Visit the closest branch of SAMCO in your city. Talk to the executives there and take the application form for the Demat and Trading account opening.
- Fill the form, submit it along with the KYC documents. (all documents are same as mentioned above)
- The executives will check the form and the KYC documents and all verify in person.
- Then they will approve the application if everything is alright.
- You will get your login details to your trading and Demat account and you can start trading.
Get a Call Back from SAMCO
Why Open SAMCO Trading Account?
There are ample reasons to trade with SAMCO and the most important ones are as follows –
- Brokerage is ultra-low that benefits the customers and the newbies in the market. The maximum amount of brokerage is Rs. 20 irrespective of the amount of the transaction or the volume of the same.
- There are intraday and charts of the historical data are available from the broker itself on the trading platforms to facilitate your trading experience.
- it is a huge exposure level for the delivery trades available and you can easily fund your delivery trades with SAMCO.
- You can benefit yourself and others from the Referral program of the company. You have to refer the Demat and trading services of the company and if anyone opens the account you can earn money on the same for referring them.
- There is no need to maintain any margin or balance in the trading account and it is known as the Zero balance trading account.
- calculators and other tools available on the trading platform for calculating your profit and losses on the trades. There is an options calculator which uses the Black Scholes formulae.
- The hardware and its support facility are up to the mark and it helps in providing the ultimate smooth experience of trading.
- intraday opportunities are huge as it covers more than 500 stocks.
- The trading terminal is not only advanced but also very resilient. You can be connected and trade from the comfort of your home and even when you are traveling using the mobile application of the SAMCO.
- It provides the facility of trading across the different markets at the same time on the same screen.
- The leverage level it provides is the highest in the market as of now.
- It has a platform that uses AI which the future of trading.
- Has a great network of the customer care executives and they are not only technically helpful but also understanding and take care of the customers pretty well. It is regarded to have the best support team in the country for stock trading.
- There are tutorials and knowledge bank of this discount broker which helps the new traders and also all the traders for understanding the market better.
- Fundamental and market analysis is provided in the easiest form so that every trader can understand and make use of it.
SAMCO Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
The SAMCO products include equities, commodities, currencies, derivatives – futures, and options. Apart from these regular investment instruments the company also provides the facility to trade in mutual funds along with SIP investment.
|3 in 1 Account||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
- Demat services – it is a depository participant of CDSL
- It has its trading services which include intraday services ad IPO facilities as well
SAMCO Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||No|
|Free Stock Tips||No|
|Daily Market Review||No|
The research and advisory facilities are yet to start with the firm. As of now, there are various tools on the trading platforms and the knowledge bank of the firm which can be used for research and analysis.
SAMCO Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
|Margin Calculator||SAMCO Margin Calculator|
The exposure or leverage provided by the company comes under three segments. There are –
- StockPlus account: Customers who opt for this account can use their holdings in the Demat account to purchase more shares. The Demat account holdings are used as margin.
- Cashplus account: Traders who use this account type they get leverage up to 1 times on their delivery trades.
- InstaPlus account: This account holder get margin against shares which they trade during the day. It is available for the equity derivative segment and also for the currency derivatives segments.
- For the intraday trades, the maximum leverage traders can get is up to 5 times.
- The ultimate leverage for equity delivery, equity futures, currency futures, and commodities is up to 1 times.
Check Margin or Exposure of other stock brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||Groww||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||Paytm Money||Reliance Securities|
SAMCO Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||No|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||Yes|
The trading platforms of SAMCO are well advanced to suit the requirement for the traders. There is three kinds of the platform each for the web, desktop, and mobile.
SAMCO Trader: SAMCO Trading Terminal
This is the desktop based trading terminal which is a software-based terminal. The software is Omnesys NEST Trader which is NSE software basically. It is revamped and upgraded for SAMCO. It is highly adaptable and user-friendly software. The main features of SAMCO TRADER are as follows –
- It is downloadable and easily installable.
- There is a market watch option available with the real-time updates
- Snap quote facility is there on the platform. This helps the trader understand the recent movement of the stock price along with the current volume and price offers by the buyers and sellers.
- There is an easy fund transfer facility across various banks
- There is a cover order facility available as well as bracket orders.
SAMCO Stock Note Web – SAMCO Web Trading Platform
This is the web-based trading platform offered by the discount broker which is known as SAMCO Stock Note Web.
- It is accessible through any device – desktop, tablet, mobile, and
- It has real-time updates, news flash.
- Tracking and placing orders are easy
- This is an HTML based trading platform, no downloads are required
SAMCO Stock Note App – SAMCO Mobile Trading App
This is the mobile application based trading platform of SAMCO. The features are –
- It is Artificial intelligence for the techniques and tools used for trading. This is the future of trading and thus it helps the traders to be ahead of time makes the trades profitable.
- This is simple yet very efficient when comes to placing orders and tracking the market
- There are ample charts and data available for analyzing the market
- Live news, market data market watch facilities
- Alerts can be set for trades and market movements
SAMCO Customer Support
|Toll Free Number||No|
The customer care services of SAMCO are very popular and gained enough appreciation because of the friendly and helpful nature of the customer care executives. They provide dedicated dealer services. You can contact them online and via Email support.
SAMCO Complaints & Feedback
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||89|
|Resolvd in BSE||56|
|Lodged in NSE||114|
|Resolved in NSE||78|
In the last year, that is 2018, the number of complaints registered against SAMCO on NSE was 114 out of which only 78 had been resolved.
The company needs to take steps to resolve the complaints and try to reduce them by making improvements as can be depicted by the scenario. On BSE, the number of complaints was 89 out of which 59 were resolved.
- The website based trading platform needs to be upgraded and also there are various features that can be added to the existing trading platforms to make them up to date.
- There is no research and advisory facilities provided which hinders the traders trading experience.
SAMCO being a new discount broker in the market has gained enough recognition for its exceptional services, however, there is still a long way to go in terms of the trading terminals, research facilities to be a popular broker in the market.
SAMCO Review FAQs
Ques – Is SAMCO safe for trading?
Answer – Yes, this stock broker is another addition to the list of stock brokers you can trust. They are highly trusted and reliable in terms of the services they offer and how well they have been serving their client base as of now, i.e. till date.
Ques – What is the brokerage of SAMCO?
Answer – Since SAMCO is a discount broker, they charge a flat rate for all segments. The brokerage for Intraday, Futures, currency Futures, and delivery is 0.02% or Rs.20. On the other hand the brokerage for Equity Options and Currency Options it is Rs.20 per lot.
Ques – How to open SAMCO demat online?
Answer – Begin with the process by clicking on the “Open Demat Account” button. Enter all the details in the pop up form as asked, and click on submit. You will then be redirected to the KYC process which is mandatory. When the verification process is done, you will get your account.
Ques – Can I invest in IPO via SAMCO?
Answer – Yes, there is provision of investing in IPO via this particular stock broking house. They let you invest in the latest IPO via their website. You need to fill in the digital IPO investment form and make sure you go through the terms and conditions vividly and closely.
Ques – What Leverage does SAMCO provide?
Answer – The leverage option is not provided for two segments. When you invest in options and Currency options, you will not be provided with the exposure facility, however for the other segments i.e. delivery, futures, currency futures and commodity it is 1x, for intraday it is 5x.
Ques – Does SAMCO have trading App?
Answer – Yes, the facility of investing via a trading app is available for the investors of SAMCO. This application lets the investors overcome the physical limitations, and lets everyone trade from anywhere and everywhere. Investment is any security can be done through the app.
Ques – How to contact SAMCO customer care?
Answer – The stock broking house provides the assistance of email support and a dedicator dealer support. You can send them an email about your concern and get it clarified as the earliest. They have a pretty good query resolution rate, which is a perk in a way or too.
Ques – Does SAMCO provide Research?
Answer – No, the company does not involve itself in the provision of any kind of research and advisory service for their clients. They are a discount broker, and research and advisory is not generally their line of operation, as it is generally provided by full service stock brokers.
Ques – Is SAMCO good for Beginners?
Answer – Yes, and the major factor of consideration would be their nature of operations, i.e. they are discount brokers. In this manner, they do not charge high rate and neither do they ask for massive margin money in order to maintain the demat account. This is required for beginners who wish to start small.
Ques – Who Founded SAMCO?
Answer – Jimeet Modi is the founder of this stock broker which came into existence in the year 2015. He is the CEO of this company which aims to provide investment and wealth maximization facilities at affordable rates for all the customers in general.
Get a Call Back from SAMCO
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|5Paisa||Shriram Insight||Swastika Investmart||Way2Wealth|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most Read Articles