Shriram Insight Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & more
Shriram Insight is one of India’s most important full service brokers. Want to have an in-depth Shriram Insight Review & to know their Demat services, Brokerage Charges and details about Trading platforms, then you have come to the right place.
Lets have a detailed analysis of Shriram Insight –
Shriram Insight Customer Ratings & Review
|Products & Services||6.4/10|
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||6.6/10|
|Stock Research & Advisory||6.5/10|
|Total Client Reviews||175|
About Shriram Insight
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
|Founder||Sri R. Thiagarajan|
Shriram Insight is Shriram Group Chennai’s retail broking arm. Established by Padma Bhusan Sri Thiagarajan in 1974. Shriram Group today has more than 70,000 employees and 1,40,000 employees in its 2 800 subsidiaries, serving around 9.3 million customers.
Shriram Insight is a centered security general merchandise agent with a presence in different cities in India. The company currently has its existence on the Tier II & III level across the entire country in about 700 cities covering 200 towns.
The company currently has a customer base of more than 185 000 and one of the leading brokers in Eastern India of over 16 5000 in its storage business.
Their principal offers are equity trading, MCX, investment management, Mutual funds, life insurance, IPO, depository services and investment advisory. They further offer management of wealth and ebroking.
The company provides a variety of facilities to fully meet the investment requirements of retail customers, which include equity trading, brokerage by derivatives, margin financing, commodities brokering, depository providers and distributing financial products. They also joined the RTA company recently.
Get a Call back from Shriram Insight
Shriram Insight Brokerage Charges & Fees
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Options||Rs 50 per lot|
|Currency Options||Rs 50 per lot|
|Commodity||Rs 30 per lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||Percentage of Transacton|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.250|
|Trading AMC Charges||Zero|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Brokerage Calculator||Shriram Insight Brokerage Calculator|
The details of Shriram Insight Brokerage are given below –
- In terms of brokerage, the brokerage of 0.30% in delivery trading and 0.03% in intraday trading are charged. However, in general, the broker charges throughout the segments are as follows:
- For trading in Commodity Options, Equity Futures and Currency Futures brokerage is 0.03%.
- The sum that is deposited in the trading account impacts the brokerage for Shriram Insight. You can start with the deposit of a high initial differential for advantage from decreased brokerage slabs. The more the margin deposit is higher, the lower your brokerage will be.
- Trading in Equity Options and Currency Options Rs.50 and Rs.30 per lot brokerage is charged.
- If you begin with a high initial margin and use the negotiating skills above, those values can be lower.
- For trading with Shriram Insight minimum marginal amount is very high compared to other is 75% Margin Minimum.
Find Brokerage Charges of other Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|Axis Direct||ICICI Direct||Karvy||Upstox|
Compare Stock Brokers
Shriram Insight Other Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell|
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||18%|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 75 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||Rs 35 per instruction|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Flat Rs 5 per certificates|
|Pledge Creation||0.02% of the value of the scrip (Min Rs 25)|
|Pledge Invocation||0.15% of the value of the scrip (Min Rs 25)|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||0.02% of the value of the scrip (Min Rs 25)|
|Margin Repledge||0.02% of the value of the scrip (Min Rs 25)|
In addition to the above fees, the full service broker charges its customer the preceding fees.
- Mostly these are taxes imposed by the government. This is very minimal, so do not result in profit or loss.
- This is fixed percentage charges that cannot be bargained; only stamp duty differs state to state.
Shriram Insight Demat Account Opening Fees
|Account Opening Fees|
|Trading Charges [One Time]||NIL|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||NIL|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs. 345|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs. 250|
|Margin Money||75% Margin|
|Offline to Online||Yes|
Mentioned below, the charges for opening and maintenance of trading account:
- For opening a Demat account and an annual maintenance charge is Rs 250.
- Depository Source of Shriram Insight is CDSL & NSDL.
- Minimum 75% Margin of margin money is required to maintain in the trading account.
- Commerce with your 2-in-1 account in stocks, capital derivatives, commodity and more.
Shriram Insight Offers
The offering of Shriram Insight securities is listed below –
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||Yes|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
Various offers are listed below –
- Free Demat Account offer is available with Shriram Insight. This refers to any of the plans above where a demat account will not be charged. For the first year, there will not be any AMC fees.
- Price cut and flexible on brokerage charges are obtainable.
- Referral Offers are proposed for every referred invest.
- Safe, highest data encryption environment.
To know about offers of other stock brokers check below
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||Geojit Finance|
How to open demat account with Nirmal bang?
Online application for a Demat account using Shriram Insight can be made as per below:
- Click on the Open Demat Account button below & fill in the form.
- Provide your initials, telephone number, and area information.
- A call from representative will be made to you.
- An agent will come, visit and take in all the papers required for opening a demat account such as aadhar, pan, bank statement, and some signatures.
- Your Demat account with Shriram Insight securities will be opened after a few days.
Why Open Shriram Insight Trading Account?
The various reasons to start trading with shriram insight are –
- Auto Pay-IN service is provided in the trading account.
- Margin Trading on trading can be avail by the broker
- Stock as Margin is offered.
- BTST on equity and derivative trading.
- Safe trade environment that uses the strongest data encryption levels
- Facilitate for Payment Gateway facility for 40+ banks offered.
- The Shriram Insight 2-in-1 account provides you a dual advantage of a share and demats account. So you all can link your savings accounts with your third party to the2-in-1 account and begin your commute on the share market.
Shriram Insight Products & Services
Below is the various products & services provided by the broking house –
Products offered by Shriram Insight
- They offer a financial instrument for trading in equity, commodity, derivative and currency.
- Important investment plan is available in Mutual Funds, SIP and Insurance.
- Admittance on your contract notes, demat ledger, fund ledgers, portfolio tracker, capital gain/loss and more are possible.
- Potential, fast, efficient and easy to use trading platforms are available.
Shriram Insight Services
|3 in 1 Acount||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
- Assist you throughout the IPO investment process.
- Intraday trading services are provided.
- Free access to extensive industry and market commentary.
- Trading limit provided for trading are very low is only 5 time.
- All-in-one trade account is enabled to invest in equities, commodities, mutual funds, derivatives and currencies.
Shriram Insight Research & Advisory
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||No|
|Free Stock Tips||Yes|
|Daily Market Review||Yes|
- The portfolio tracker indicates gains and the report on capital gains. The income or reduction you have made from the rising stock prices is shown.
- However, the study on your capital appreciation shows only your profits through the sale of your shares.
- Shriram Insight offer free of cost financial advice, market review, and stock picks etc.
- They nominate a traders relations manager to every customer.
- Portfolio Tracker for the customer at available at online.
- Capital Gain and loss studied opportunity.
- Stock Price Alert and heat map of nifty.
- Important marker overview includes FII activity, MF activities are provided.
- The company’s research leaders are in constant contact with the financial market and supply their customers with the best trading standards.
- Nifty and Bank Nifty indication offered Research Reports
- Updates to the timely World Market. All Important News & Information.
- On a daily basis and weekly reports. Calls are provided via SMS.
- Stock tip for every segment to observe is provided to trade for every segment. Initial Public Offer reports to their clients.
Shriram Insight Exposure/ Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
|Margin Calculator||Shriram Insight Margin Calculator|
With Shriram, the leverage values provided are rather low. Then you really can use the concept of exposure above your trading margin.
It can be divided on the basis of a range of factors which enhance investors ‘ risk mitigation.
- Shriram Insights provides very low Exposure limit to their customers.
- They provide maximum limit exposure for the trading of 5 times on trading on intraday equity and derivative option.
- For Equity BTST and STBT no exposures are provided to any customer.
- Equity derivative trading up to 1 time of limit is offered.
- Trading on MCX and NCDEX no leverage are provided to customers on trading.
Find Exposure or Margin of other Stock Brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||Groww||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||Paytm Money||Reliance Securities|
Shriram Insight Trading Platforms
In order to provide the best in the industry for class trade platform, Shriram Insight has invested heavily in technology.
Their developers constantly work on new technological solutions that improve and accelerate their market position over other traders.
Various trading software is offered by a full – service stock broker. The descriptions are as follows:
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||Yes|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||No|
Shriram Insight NetPro Trading Terminal
- It must be uploaded and launched onto your computer or laptop for this desktop-based business platform.
- You have to follow a few instructions to install the software once you upload the EXE file. Place your credible once you have done so and you can begin trading.
- A few of the trading application characteristics include:
- Effects of the enhancing of real – time market chart
- Customized market watch with the option to add equity, commodities, derivative in a common watch list
- Various intraday data for technical and fundamental analysis
- You can set warning messages and reminders to receive information via email or telephone.
- Research and recommendations through sectors, companies, indices and so on.
Shriram Insight NetPro Web Trading Platform
- This web – based browser trading platform. It is very light and gives you a fair trading experience in all segments for your investments. Simultaneously, this can be used via mobile or laptop trackpads. It’s a responsive application.
- Several of the following features provide:
- Many types of placing orders are available, including basic machine configuration, via browsers like Google Chrome, Mozilla, Safari and so on.
- IPOs and other common financial instruments were allowed to trade in mutual funds.
- Obtain email alerts when an inventory crosses the specified price.
Shriram Insight NetPro Mobile Trading App
- In addition, the full – service stockbroker offers its customers a smartphone trading app which has:
- Easy place delivery Basic chart interface for technical and essential analysis.
- Marketwatch provides up to 20 scripts in each MarketWatch portfolio monitoring.
- Check your balance sheets, receive in – day assessments and monitor your accounts.
Shriram Insight Trading Platform Benefits
Here are some of the positives of using Shriram Insight online Trade for your share market investments:
- The shriram insight online Trade provides a free list for all research articles, analysis, and market perspectives.
- One login enables trading for all segments of the market.
- This function does indeed make it easy to do.
- Shriram Insight online Trade is consistent and high-speed.
- The assisted trading is achievable by a phone call, SMS and email.
- Tailored support and counsel are also extensive to balancing portfolio.
Shriram Insight Trading Platform Disadvantages
- The low level of user experience and the design
- Trading in IPO or commodities the Mobile App does not allow.
- Many time trading platform blocked or crashed
Shriram Insight Customer Support
|Toll Free Number||Yes|
- Customer can receives trading support from their Dedicated Dealer for Offline Trading and Online Trading.
- Important customer contact channels such as a Toll-free number, Email Support, Chat Support can be added, mainly when there are security brokers in India that are utilizing superior service concepts such as robotic bots.
- Therefore, from now on it would not be incorrect to indicate that this broker’s customer support feature is somewhere forgettable or even below average.
- Office visiting time is00 AM till 3.30 PM Monday to Friday on all working days.
- You can try calling customer service on the free toll number for any inquiries on number 1800-102-4345.
Shriram Insight Complaints (Current Year)
|Complaints (Last Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||13|
|Resolved in BSE||13|
|Lodged in NSE||18|
|Resolved in NSE||18|
|Percentage of No. of Complaints Received Against Number of Active Clients||0.03%|
For the client to lodge and/or present their complaints or disagreements, SHFL provides services in each one of its sections and offices.
If you are not satisfied to your objection or are not pleased with the initial response, the company can extend your issues to Grievance Redress Officer.
- Percentage of No. of complaints received against the number of active clients was 0.03%.
- Total complaint receives on BSE board was 13 and all was also resolves.
- On NSE board total 18 complains is lodge and all complain was resolved.
Shriram Insight Disadvantages
Here are several major concerns of the introduction of an account and trading by Shriram Insight, as shown below:
- Low margin limit on trading for customers.
- Research accurateness can be done better.
Shriram Insight Conclusion
As you can see, Shriram Insights offers a variety of trading and investing substitutes and effectively contributes to maintaining all your financial necessities with no chaos in creating multiple accounts with this financial institution.
- Account opening trade platforms are free
- Good focus on new tech for improving the experience.
- A broad range of buying and selling stocks.
- Money transfer unit accessible to more than 40 prominent Indian banks.
- It is an Indian stockbroker better than usual full-service. It has shown considerable technological growth, however, when it comes to customer services, it can work on a lot. This area certainly needs the broker’s immediate attention.
- The broker is doing an adequate job of routinely reporting and recommending these research reports and ensures that users have the correct time to manage these reports. Moreover, the precision of these tips can be enhanced to match their research team’s visibility.
Get a Call back from Shriram Insight
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most read articles –
|Everything about Discount Broker|
|Everything about Full Service Broker|
|Top Stock Brokers in India|
|Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Broker Comparison|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Top 10 Broking Franchise|