Axis Direct Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & moreLast Updated Date: Apr 13, 2023
Axis Direct is a subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd., which distributes to retail customers a wide array of financial solutions and services. A broad spectrum of lending strategies can be used for customers. It is a participant of BSE and NSE.
This article will help you determine Axis Direct’s actual brokerage fees, trading platform offers, etc.
Table of Contents
- Rating & Review
- Brokerage Charges
- Other Charges
- Account Opening Charges
- Account Opening Process
- Products & Services
- Research & Tips
- Trading Platforms & Apps
- Customer Care
- Open an Account with Axis Direct Now!
Axis Direct Ratings & Review by Top10StockBroker
About Axis Direct
|Broker Type||Full-Service Broker|
Backed by one of the prominent financial groups Axis Bank, Axis Direct is enriched with useful features. Established in the year 2011 as a full-service stockbroker by Arun Thukral.
With around 75 branches across India, Axis Direct is one of the evolving stockbrokers in the offline space. Furthermore, Axis Direct also enjoys one of the highest active clients in the stockbroking space in India.
This provider broker has NSE, BSE, MSEI, and MCX – SX subscriptions and enables its customers to trade over multiple financial segments, such as Equity, Derivative Trading, Currency Trading, IPO, NCDs, Mutual Funds, Bonds, and ETFs.
Axis Direct has a working client base of more than 300,000. As an Axis Bank affiliate, Axis Direct allows customers to set up a Demat 3-in-1 account that removes all the difficulties with fund transfers.
The 3-in-1 account is offered by some stockbrokers like Axis Direct only and this is one of the reasons why Axis Direct stands out as the Best broker for trading.
Your bank account is directly integrated into your business account with this provision, and you do not have to handle funds transfers manually as an initiator.
Open Demat Account with Axis Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
Axis Direct Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||Fixed Brokerage Plan|
|Equity Options||Intraday: Rs 0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: Rs 10 per lot|
|Currency Options||Intraday: Rs 0.01 per lot | Carry Forward: Rs 10 per lot|
|Commodity||0.03% / Rs 50 per lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||Percentage of Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.650 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
Here are Axis Direct’s Fixed brokerage plan charges:
- Opening and maintaining account costs, and brokerage costs are relatively very high. They have recently launched Flat Brokerage Charges.
- Brokerage for trading in Equity Delivery Segment is 0.50%.
- Trading equity stock on Intraday is charged 0.05%.
- Axis Direct does not provide a platform to trade in the commodity.
- Trading cash derivatives in future charged 0.05% as brokerage.
- A flat Rs.20 per trade is charged for trading in options.
- Trading in currency with the brokerage as low as 0.05%.
- The maintenance charge of the Demat account is Rs.650, required to pay every year, which is free for the first year.
- The maintenance charge of trading is free of cost.
- Margin money for trading is Rs.25,000 needs to maintain.
For a detailed calculation of brokerage & other charges, check out our Axis Direct Brokerage Calculator.
Axis Direct Value-Added Subscription Plans
|Brokerage Charges & Fees||Investment Plus Plan||Now or Never Plan|
|Equity Delivery Trading||0.50%||0.25%|
|Equity Intraday Trading||0.05%||0.03%|
|Commodity Options Trading||NA||NA|
|Equity Futures Trading||0.05%||0.03%|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.20/ lot||Rs.20/ lot|
|Currency Futures Trading||0.05%||0.03%|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.20/ lot||Rs.20/ lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||Percentage of Transaction||Percentage of Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Levied as per Holding Value||Levied as per Holding Value|
|Trading AMC Charges||NA||NA|
|Complimentary Delivery Turnover (CDT)||Rs.3,00,000||Rs.12,00,000*|
Axis Direct Investment Plus Plan
This plan is referred to the code AP1500 and is valid for 6 months. You will get certain perks with this plan, which include a complimentary Delivery Turnover (CDT) of Rs.3,00,000.
The subscription fee for this plan is Rs.1500 and has a value-added service of a Free 1-month trade-on phone service for 20 calls. 21st call and thereafter will be charged at Rs.20 per call.
Axis Direct Now or Never Plan
The code refers to this plan is NN5555 which is valid for 10 years. Herein, you will have to pay Rs.5555 to avail of this value-added plan. The perks are complimentary Delivery Turnover (CDT) of Rs.12,00,000*.
As for the value-added services for this plan, it is a Direct trade terminal free for 6 months. You can check the table for the brokerage plans post-utilization of CDT.
Similar Stock Brokers, you may also Like
Axis Direct Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (₹5/Crore)|
|STT||Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
*Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell-side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell-side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell-side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.003%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.003%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.003% (MCX)|
|GST||18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)|
|Margin Funding Charges||NA|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 20 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||NIL|
|Dematerialisation Charges||Rs 5/- per certificate or Rs 50/- per request, whichever is higher.|
|Pledge Creation||0.04% of the value of the transaction or Rs 50/- (per Instruction) whichever is higher.|
|Pledge Invocation||Rs. 12.5 per scrip|
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure||Rs. 15.5 per scrip|
|Margin Repledge||Rs. 13.5 + Rs. 13.5 (Rs. 27 per scrip)|
Axis Direct has a minimum brokerage of 0.00325% of the brokerage value of total turnover per trade executed.
Axis Direct Charges
In addition to AMC and brokerage account opening fees, axis direct customers must also pay several stamp duties imposed on every trade. The value depends on the state of trade, and it is a state tax.
- In accordance with government proposals, taxes must be paid.
- The slabs STT and Turnover are small.
- Monetary trading against INR in India is only allowed. It is not permitted to use cross-currency like USD — GBP. There are no Safety Transaction Taxes (STT) in the currency segment.
- The taxing amount for STT is established by the government and determined by the type of stock and selling or acquisition of the transaction. In addition to all the benefits of STT in terms of timely and transparent payment of trade instruments tax. These charges are extremely low so that no profit or loss of trade is adversely affected by them.
- The taxation by share market trading on money largely depends on the purpose of equity transactions. A person may trade shares for business or investment uses. The STT imposed by the government is variable in both cases.
- Stamp duties are charged on a single transaction method and only obtained through the stock exchange at one location. The stamp duty collected is contributed to all the states.
Axis Direct Other Charges
- Pledge Services – The charge for a Regular account is 0.04%/0.06% of the transaction value of Rs. 50/- (per Instruction), whichever is higher.
- Dematerialization Charges – Rs. 5/- per certificate or Rs.50/- per request, whichever is higher.
- Rematerialization Charges – Rs.20/- for every 100 securities or part thereof or Rs.50/- per request, whichever is higher.
- Credit Transactions – There are no charges levied on credit transactions whatsoever.
- Debit Transactions – The charge here varies in the percentage of 0.04% or 0.06% of the transaction value or Rs.50/- (per Instruction), whichever is higher.
To know in detail, just click on this link Axis Direct Brokerage & Other Charges.
Compare Axis Direct with Other Brokers
Compare Stock Brokers
Axis Direct Demat Account Opening Fees
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 900|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 650|
- Their source of the reservoir is CDSL and NSDL. They help the lowest cost of the transaction. Various options for tariffs according to your preference. Monthly statement of hold and transaction. Rapid capital markets transfer leads to higher liquidity. SMS debit and credit alert facility on your Demat account.
- Account opening charges are high as Rs 900 compared to others.
- Annual maintenance charges of the Demat account are Rs 650 needed to may every year.
- Maintenance of trading accounts is free.
- Customers need to maintain a marginal amount. It is the amount that allows traders to secure a position with only a portion of the required capital. While this can increase your profitability, it can increase your losses as well.
To know more, just click on this link Axis Direct Demat Account.
Axis Direct Offers
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||No|
|Discount on Brokerage||No|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss-Making Trades||No|
Axis Direct serves as a full-service broker and has gained the attention of its customers with its long-standing as the Best Full-Service Broker in India.
- They do not need to offer additional services to draw customers, as they are one of the best brokers in India for their services and product for trading.
- They offer flat brokerage plans to trade for customers. The Customer gets the benefit of extremely low brokerage.
No AMC for the first year – Axis Direct offers its customers No Annual Maintenance Charges for the first year, which means that the customers can access all the benefits of the Demat Account without any charges in the first year. From the second year, it will be Rs. 650.
NRI – Services of Axis Direct does not limit to citizens of India only, but NRIs can also avail of its services with the help of a 4-in-1 investment account of Axis Direct. With the 4-in-1 account.
They offer the services of NRI PIS Saving Bank Accounts (NRE or NRO), NRI Non-PIS Saving Bank Accounts (NRE or NRO), NRI Demat Accounts, and NRI Trading Accounts.
Private Client Group – Inspired by the uniqueness of every portfolio and the financial vision of different investors, Axis Direct has added a new offering ton to its platter, Private Client Group, where investors’ portfolio is created according to their short-term and long-term goals.
Refer and Earn – Another offer given by Axis Direct is Refer and Earn, where you can earn rewards of Rs. 300 when your family or friend uses your referral code.
Business Associates – Axis Direct also offers association opportunities that can help you scale up and strike the right business opportunities.
How to open Demat Account with Axis Direct?
There are very simple ways to open an Axis Direct account:
- Fill up the form by clicking on the Open Demat Account button below.
- Enter the form by entering your name, mobile no & city.
- One of Axis Direct’s members will contact you for an appointment.
- A representative will visit you to finish other opening formalities by collecting the required document.
- Once all process is completed, your Demat account will be open in a few days.
Open Demat Account with Axis Direct – Fill up the Form Now!
Why Open Axis Direct Trading Account?
The various benefits of Opening an Axis Direct Trading Account are –
- The key offerings for Axis broker-in stock market shareholders include a Unique 3-in-1 Online Trading Account including Axis Banks Saving Account, Axis Direct Trading Account, and Axis Direct Demat Account.
- Security: You can perform Demat, and bank balances yourself when trading in Axis Securities rather than transferring money into a broker pool or deposits. You can only afford to pay when you trade.
- Possible to perform E-Broking House with less than 11 Lac customers.
- Cash, IPO, bond, FD, ETF, Mutual Fund, F&O, Currency derivatives, etc., the ability to trade in equities.
- Add facilities such as relationship managers, tips and advice, technical analysis, market information, periodic reporting, training, and education.
- Axis Direct delivers lectures, seminars, online workshops, and expert articles that help learners understand the basics.
- A major benefit for Axis Direct Clients is they can now trade in a Flat Brokerage of Rs.20 per Trade.
Axis Direct Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
Axis Direct Products:
Axis Direct financial products to customers for trading.
- Axis Direct offers a variety of financial products for its clientele.
- Take decisions with AxisDirect faster, and way smarter. Using their qualitative research, advanced tools, and powerful platforms, you will be able to use the strength of the stock markets.
- They make the available product for trading in cash, derivatives, and MCX.
- Currency trading is possible.
- They provide customers with a banking option.
- Investments in mutual funds and SIP can be made by customers.
- Provide a banking facility to the trader in one place. You can buy and sell securities via NSE Exchange in the future. In lots in Index Futures such as BANK NIFTY and Stock Futures, you can purchase and sell a contract for a particular stock.
- Take decisions with AxisDirect faster, and way smarter. Using our qualitative research, advanced tools, and powerful platforms, you can use the strength of the stock markets.
Tax-saving investment options – Looking for investment possibilities that can also work as a tax-saving mechanism, contact Axis Direct. They can help you lower your tax and add value to your money.
Equity Smallcase – AxisDirect curates different baskets of stocks according to the market ideas or themes, and these are called small cases. It offers the right exposure and simplifies market investments.
Axis Direct Services:
|3 in 1 Account||Yes|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
- Axis Direct offers a large range of services to the customer.
- All Demat and trading accounts are provided to you.
- 3 in 1 account services are offered.
- All intraday services for trading are offered.
- They help you undertake trading strategies with powerful trading platforms, strong research, and the educational support you need, be it a new investment trader to trading derivatives or an experienced veteran.
- IPO service to customers is offered.
- They provide one of the highest marginal amounts of 5 times for trading.
Along with the plethora of investment alternatives, Axis Direct emphasizes investor learning.
And for the same, it steps in with its various ways of offering education through courses, demos, webinars, direct speech, and a lot more.
Investors can utilize these ways to learn about the market’s trends and make prudent decisions
Axis Direct Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||Yes|
|Free Stock Tips||No|
|Daily Market Review||No|
The Axis Direct inventory broker provides multilevel research and advice.
- So, if you seek long–term investments or short–term investments, the broker ensures that you get different tips and searches across various channels.
- They provide reports daily, weekly, and monthly.
- It provides customer relation manager details to every customer to solve any complexity. They provide offline advisory.
- Research Reports: Users receive suggestions from equity market trading to long–term investment, based on technical analysis, recommendations, and tips to buy, sell or hold the position. They provide ideas for investment, trading, mutual fund, and SIP.
- Fundamental Reports: In this section, users have access to comprehensive research reports covering various areas, including allocating efficiency news, equity picks, segment–wide technical information, disclosures, derivatives, etc. This includes assets, trading, mutual fund, segment & market reports.
- Daily Market Review: Provide market preview and financial analysis daily. Help to define market outlook and important disclosure for the market.
- Market analysts: The broker gives customers tools for technical or basic analysis such as screeners, alert engines, and technical charting.
- Top Picks: Axis Direct offers its customers more than the average accuracy in terms of research and analysis. Users are advised to analyze the suggestion of Axis Direct at the same level, but the general quality of the research is good.
- IPO Report: They provide detailed information about every initial stock offered publicly.
- They provide smart, decisive scanners to help you select stocks on parameters based on the thumb rules of investors, such as top winners, technical indicators, and others.
- Their intelligent decision-making screens filter tons of scripts based on predefined, key factors many investors and investment professionals rely on.
- Our techniques help you identify market opportunities based on numerous data items from our state–of–the–art database using personalized selection criteria.
Axis Direct Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
With Axis Direct, customer benefits the exposure across various segments is as follows:
You will be satisfied if you try to get high leverage or exposure from Axis. That said, exposure is a risky notion and cannot be used unless you understand the effects and risks of exposure. Exposure for trading depends on customer reliability and investment in the broker.
- They offer 1.3x times of exposure for trading stock on a holding basis.
- Maximum exposure of 5x is provided to trade intraday in any segment.
- To trade in equity derivative both in the future and option maximum exposure of 1 time are provided.
- They do not provide much leverage for trading in the currency, as it is the same 1x for both future and options.
- As for the commodity segment, it is 1x for Commodity Future but is 1x for the commodity option.
Axis Direct Margin Calculator will help you to calculate how much margin you will get if you invest or trade with Axis Direct.
How to transfer shares in Axis Direct from other Stock Brokers?
Investors can easily transfer their shares from other stock brokers to Axis Direct in a few steps:
- Fill out the DIS (Delivery Instruction Slip) and submit it to your present broker.
- The broker will process it and forward the DIS form to the depository.
- After considering the request, the depository will transfer shares to the new Demat account. After completing the process, the same will be reflected in the new Demat account.
Axis Direct Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||Yes|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platforms||No|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
The stockbroker provides its customers with multiple options for trading platforms and software. The respective platform can be selected based on the user’s preferences and trading styles.
Lightweight application, there are no installations or uploads required for the number of features. The trading experience suits all kinds of traders, beginners, intermediate-level traders, or stock market experts.
In several segments, such as equity, commodities, currencies, mutual funds, IPOs, and so on, you can trade and invest.
Unlimited research is offered in the app, which simplifies and accelerates the trading process, especially if you work yourself.
Your extensive technical analysis can be carried out with a wide range of technical indicators and types of charts.
In this review, we will base ourselves on several fundamental aspects, as illustrated below, of these trading platforms:
- Web trading
- Desktop trading
- Mobile application
Axis Direct Swift Trade – Axis Direct Web Trading Platform
Swift Trade is Axis Direct’s web-based trading platform, which requires no download or installation. You only have to obtain and begin trading on a specific link. They provide automatically refreshed live-streaming quotes. The platform includes some features:
- Multiple watch market alongside customized filter, build across portals to quickly locate your needs.
- Research ideas and tips are available.
- Screen and dashboard personalization is possible using cards.
- Keyboard shortcuts for quick order placements and other features.
- Funtastic Learning is provided using quizzes, webinars, videos, and more.
- As far as the number of characteristics discussed earlier is concerned, It is a pretty exhaustive application. In recent times, stock dealers focused heavily on their terminal software.
Axis Direct Trade – Axis Direct Trading Terminal
Axis Direct trading platform terminal portal needs downloading and installation on your computer or laptop. That allows the customer to trade from anywhere for full flexibility and portability. The following features are loaded:
- Search bar to quickly find the customer’s specifics: live-streaming market rates, latest news, market reports, indices information, currency rates, etc.
- Easier navigation and operation uncluttered user interface
- Trading tutorials and videos are available to guide beginners.
- User preferences alerts and instant updates on trade confirmations, order status, open positions, MTM, or more.
- Chart with the highly developed analytical tool available alongside shortcut quick access keys.
- Easy-to-use navigation, heat map, technical screener, web charting, market watch, MF order placement, and quick order placement.
- Stock investors can also make quick decisions on their trade through technical and basic research. It’s a trading website that gives full investment control.
Axis Direct Mobile Trading App
One of India’s leading mobile trade applications is Axis Direct Mobile App. The following features are provided:
- The one-time registration process with two easy steps.
- Portfolio tracking online anytime from anywhere.
- Real-time viewing of stock updates and quotes.
- Customers can make multiple streaming personalization watchlists
- Minute-by-minute, intraday charts
- Stock trade can be performed during non-trading hours
- Strategy options are available to establish yourself.
- The application display can be customized by users, alongside adding favourites.
- With terminal locking feature highly secure.
For better service providing, Axis Direct has placed various platforms in the form of apps or web platforms where investors can easily access information and trade. The platforms are:
YIELD – This platform is your guide when it comes to investing in bonds, their buying, and selling. Also, debenture trading can be done through this platform.
Axis Direct Mobile App – To resolve many issues at your fingertips, Axis Direct introduced the Axis Direct Mobile app, a guide to track and trade from anywhere.
Axis Direct Mutual Fund App – Another specialized app of the entity is Axis Direct Mutual Fund App designed to cater to all your Mutual Fund related queries.
*Axis Direct Portal – To access the features of desktops and laptops, investors can use the Axis Direct Portal.
AxisDirect lite – A platform dedicated to the trading of equities and derivatives. Investors can easily buy and sell securities from the platform.
RING Mobile – In this rapid world, we all want speed, whether in work or investment and what better than finding worthy stocks within 60 seconds? It offers you speed by scanning over 25,000 stock market instruments and giving you the best results.
RING PC – The RING platform is also available as a web platform to offer on-point services to investors.
Axis Direct Customer Support
|Toll-Free Number||1800 210 0808|
- As a full-service provider based on a bank, Axis Direct offers its customers the following methods of support:
- Furthermore, customers expect high turnaround times, reaction & refresh rate reliability, support manager’s skills, etc. On the other hand, Axis Direct also offers decent service. You can trust customer service.
- Whether it’s offline support via telephone, subsidiaries, or online aid through a web form, social networking, or email, the delivery time is quick.
- Trading support is provided for online and offline trading.
- Customers can contact the toll-free number at any time for any solution.
- There are over 186 branches, and customers can visit any time directly.
Axis Direct Complaints & Feedback
Find the list of total complaints lodged & resolved at both exchanges.
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||129|
|Resolved in BSE||115|
|Lodged in NSE||189|
|Resolved in NSE||165|
Customers should always know the number of complaints lodged against a broker and how many are resolved.
- Last year total 129 numbers of complaints were lodged in BSE, and among them, 115 cases were resolved.
- In the NSE board, total 189 numbers of complaints were lodged, and among them, 165 cases were resolved.
Axis Direct Disadvantages
- High costs for brokerage, open accounts, and even yearly maintenance fees
- Very low exposure margins are offered.
- Customers need to pay fees monthly for the trading platform, but web and cellular apps are free.
- No trade provision for the product segment.
Axis Direct Conclusion
Thus, Axis Direct is a full-service broker with serious charges, whether an account or brokerage, so depth pocket users can consider using their services.
It also offers rational user service and good research. Because a bank supports it, a certain component of respect organically increases its reputation.
Therefore, in a way, the broker is ideal for customers who pay high fees and seek proper research.
This can also be provided by a discount stockbroker and a consulting service that can do a lot more detailed research than a broker.
This is an economy and can lead to higher returns on your investment. The rest is at the user’s request.
Axis Direct Review FAQs
Check out various FAQs related to Axis Direct:
Is Axis Direct safe for trading?
Yes, this brand has a high customer base and has been a potential market player for a long time, hence, you can indeed trust this brand.
They have a reach in the banking industry and are known to provide quality services and products.
What is the brokerage of Axis Direct?
The brokerage rate provided to you by this stock broker ranges. The final rate will be agreed upon by opening the Demat account.
You can choose from the three plans this stock broker provides, and brokerage charges will therefore be levied as per the specified plan.
How to open Axis Direct Demat online?
The process is seamless, and we let you begin from this page. Click on the “Open Demat Account” button, and when you see the form, enter the details as asked.
The next process is the KYC process for verification; a representative will guide you accordingly.
Can I invest in an IPO via Axis Direct?
Yes, you can invest in an IPO via this stockbroker. They provide the IPO forms on their official website, and you can also do so physically from the company’s branches.
But you need to understand the terms and conditions precisely if you wish to go through the process.
What Leverage does Axis Direct provide?
The highest leverage is extended to the Intraday segment, which allows as much as 6x exposure. Other stats are 1.3x leverage for delivery trading, futures, and option.
The rate for the commodity segment is 1x for Commodity Future and 1x for Commodity Options.
Does Axis Direct have a trading App?
Yes, this stock broker allows for trading via a mobile application, which is the most demanded medium in the smartphone era that we live in.
They have taken good care of the present technology needs of the investors and provided a mobile app for trading on the go.
How to contact Axis Direct customer care?
Excluding chat support, you can opt for any other way of contacting customer care. So, the options you can choose from are offline and online mediums.
For the online mediums, you have email support and all the assistance of helpline numbers.
Does Axis Direct provide Research?
Yes, research and advisory services are included in the list of benefits the clients of Axis Direct will enjoy.
You can rely on them for your investment needs and choose to take assistance from their stock market tips and research data.
Is Axis Direct Good for Beginners?
Yes, this app can result in a good start for investors who wish to invest in the stock market. They assist with recommendations and tips, which help a beginner make profitable investment decisions.
Who Founded Axis Direct?
This is a flagship brand under Axis Securities Limited, a subsidiary of Axis Bank. A group of professionals heads this firm, and the present CEO of this stock broking house is Anand Shaha.
Open Demat Account with Axis Direct – Fill up the Form Now!