Axis Direct is a subsidiary of Axis Bank Ltd., which distributes to retail customers a wide array of financial solutions and services. A broad spectrum of lending strategies can be used for customers. It is a participant of BSE and NSE.
This article will help you determine out Axis Direct’s actual brokerage fees, trading platform, offers, etc.
Axis Direct Customer Ratings & Review
About Axis Direct
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
Axis Direct is the stockbroking arm of Axis Bank and was established in the year 2011 as a full-service stockbroker, by Arun Thukral. With around 75 branches across India, Axis Direct is one of the evolving stockbrokers in the offline space.
Furthermore, Axis Direct also enjoys one of the highest active clients in the stockbroking space in India.
This provider broker has NSE, BSE, MSEI, and MCX – SX subscriptions and enables its customers to trade over multiple financial segments, such as Equity, Derivative Trading, Currency Trading, IPO, NCDs, Mutual Funds, Bonds, ETFs
Axis Direct has a working client base of more than 300,000. As an Axis Bank affiliate, Axis Direct allows customers to set up a Demat 3-in-1 account that removes all the difficulties with fund transfers.
Your bank account is directly integrated into your business account with this provision, and you do not have to handle funds transfers manually as an initiator.
Get a Call Back from Axis Direct. Fill up this Form.
Axis Direct Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Delivery Trading||0.20% – 0.60%|
|Equity Intraday Trading||0.03% – 0.05%|
|Commodity Options Trading||NA|
|Equity Futures Trading||0.03% – 0.05%|
|Equity Options Trading||Rs.10 per lot|
|Currency Futures Trading||0.03% – 0.05%|
|Currency Options Trading||Rs.10 per lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||Percentage of Transacton|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.650 per Annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Brokerage Calculator||Axis Direct Brokerage Calculator|
Here are Axis Direct’s brokerage charges:
- Opening and maintaining account costs, brokerage costs are relatively very high. They have recently launched Flat Brokerage Charges.
- Brokerage for trading in Equity Delivery Segment is Rs.20 per Trade.
- Trading equity stock on Intraday is charged Rs.20 per Trade.
- Axis Direct does not provide platform to trade in the commodity.
- Trading cash derivative in future charged Rs.20 per trade as brokerage.
- Flat Rs.20 per trade is charged for trading in option.
- Trading in currency brokerage as low as Rs.20 per trade.
- Maintenance charge of demat account is Rs.650, require to pay every year.
- Maintenance charge of trading is free of cost.
- Margin money for trading is Rs.25,000 needs to maintain.
Compare Stock Brokers
Find brokerage charges of other Full Service Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
Axis Direct Charges
|Transaction Charges||0.00325% of Total Turnnover|
|STT||0.0126% of Total Turnover|
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.0002% of Total Turnover|
|Stamp Duty||Depends on State (very minimal)|
|GST||18% of (Brokerage + Transaction Charges)|
Axis Direct has a minimum brokerage of 0.00325% of the brokerage value of total turnover, per trade executed.
In addition to AMC and brokerage account opening fees, axis direct customers must also pay a number of stamp duty are impose on every trade. The value depends on the state of trade, basically, it is state tax.
- In accordance with government proposals, taxes must be paid.
- The slabs STT and Turnover are small.
- Monetary trading against INR in India is only allowed. It is not allowed to use cross – currency like USD — GBP. There is no Safety Transaction Taxes (STT) in the currency segment.
- The taxing amount for STT is established by the government and is determined by the type of stock and by the selling or acquisition of the transaction. In addition to all the benefits of STT in terms of timely and transparent payment of trade instruments tax. These charges are extremely low so that no profit or loss of trade is adversely affected by them.
- The taxation by share market trading on money is largely dependent on the purpose of equity transactions. A person may trade shares for business or investment uses. The STT imposed by the government is variable in both cases.
- Stamp duties are charged on a single transaction method and only obtained at one location, through the stock exchange. The stamp duty so collected are contributed to all the state
Axis Direct Demat Account Opening Fees
|Depository Source||CDSL & NSDL|
|Account Opening Charges||Rs.999|
|Demat AMC Charges||Rs.650 per annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Offline to Online||No|
- Their source of the reservoir is CDSL and NSDL. They help the lowest cost of transaction. Various options for tariffs according to your preference. Monthly statement of hold and transaction. Rapid capital markets transfer lead to higher liquidity. SMS debit and credit alert facility on your demat account.
- Account opening charges are high as Rs 999 compared to others.
- Annual maintenance charges of demat account are Rs 650 need to may every year.
- Maintenance of trading account is free.
- Customers need to maintain a marginal amount. It is the amount allows traders to secure a position with only a portion of the required capital. While this can increase your profitability, it can increase your losses as well.
Axis Direct Offers
|Free Demat Account||No|
|Free Trading Account||No|
|Discount on Brokerage||No|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
Axis Direct does not offer many customers attracting service as other brokers in India.
- They do not need to offer additional service to draw customers, as they are one of the best brokers in India for their services and product for trading.
- They offer flat brokerage plans to trade for customers. Customer gets benefit of extremely low brokerage.
Find Offers from other Broking Houses
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||Geojit Finance|
How to open Demat Account with Axis Direct?
There are very simple ways to open the Axis Direct account:
- Fill up the form by clicking on Open Demat Account button below.
- Enter the form by entering your name, mobile no & city.
- One of Axis Direct’s members will contact you for an appointment.
- A representative will visit you to finish other opening formalities by collecting require document.
- Once all process is completed your Demat account will be open in few days.
Get a Call Back from Axis Direct
Why Open Axis Direct Trading Account?
The various benefits of Opening Axis Direct Trading Account are –
- The key offerings for Axis broker in stock market shareholders include a Unique 3-in-1 Online Trading Account including Axis Banks Saving Account, Axis Direct Trading Account and Axis Direct Demat Account.
- Security: You can perform demat and bank balances yourself when trading in Axis Securities rather than transferring money into a broker pool or deposits. You can only afford to pay when you trade.
- Possible to perform E-Broking House with less than 11 Lac customers.
- Cash, IPO, bond, FD, ETF, Mutual Fund, F&O, Currency derivatives, etc. ability for trade in equities.
- Add facilities such as relationship managers, tips and advice, technical analysis, market information, periodic reporting, training, and education.
- Axis Direct delivers lectures, seminars, on – line workshops and expert articles that help learners to understand the basics.
- Major benefit for Axis Direct Clients is they can now trade in Flat Brokerage of Rs.20 per Trade.
Axis Direct Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
Axis Direct Products:
Axis Direct financial product to customers for trading.
- Axis Direct offers a variety of financial product for their clientele.
- Take decisions with AxisDirect faster, way smarter. Using their qualitative research, advanced tools and powerful platforms, you will able to use the strength of the stock markets.
- They make the available product for trading in cash, derivative and MCX.
- Currency trading is possible.
- They provide customers with a banking option.
- Investments in mutual funds and SIP can be made by customers.
- Provide banking facility to the trader on one place. You can buying and selling securities via NSE Exchange in the future. In lots in Index Futures such as BANK NIFTY and Stock Futures you can purchase and sell a contract for a particular stock.
- Take decisions with AxisDirect faster, way smarter. Using our qualitative research, advanced tools, and powerful platforms, you can able to use the strength of the stock markets.
Axis Direct Services:
|3 in 1 Account||Yes|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 15x|
- Axis Direct offers a large range of services to the customer.
- All Demat and trading accounts are provided to you.
- 3 in 1 account service are offered.
- All intraday services for trading are offered.
- They help you to undertake trading strategies with powerful trading platforms, strong research, and the educational support you need, be it a new investment trader to trading derivatives or an experienced veteran.
- IPO service to customers is offered.
- They provide one of the highest marginal amounts of 15 times for trading.
Axis Direct Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||Yes|
|Free Stock Tips||No|
|Daily Market Review||No|
- The Axis Direct inventory broker provides multilevel research and advice. So if you are seeking about long – term investments or short – term, the broker ensures that you get different tips and searches across various channels.
- They provide reports on daily, weekly and monthly.
- It provides customers relation manager details to every customer, so if any complexity occurs can be solved by them. They provide offline advisory.
- Research Reports: Users do receive suggestions from equity market trading to long – term investment, based on technical analysis, recommendation, and tips to buy, sell or hold the position. They provide ideas of investment, trading, mutual fund, and SIP.
- Fundamental Reports: In this section, users have access to comprehensive research reports covering various areas, including, allocate efficiency news, equity picks, segment – wide technical information, disclosures, derivatives, etc. This includes reports like asset reports, trading, mutual fund, segment & market reports
- Daily Market Review: Provide market preview and financial analysis on a daily basis. Help to define market outlook and important disclosure for the market.
- Market analysts: The broker gives customers tools to conduct own technical or basic analysis as screeners, alert engines and technical charting.
- Top Picks: Axis Direct offers its customers more than the average accuracy in terms of research and analysis. Users are advised to analyze the suggestion of Axis Direct at the same level, but the general quality of the research is good.
- IPO report: They provide detailed information about every stock are initial are offered publicly.
- They provide smart, decisive scanners to help you to select stocks on parameters which are based on the thumb rules of investors, such as top winners, technical indicators, and others.
- Their intelligent decision-making screens filter tons of scripts based on predefined, key factors on which many investors and investment professionals rely. Our techniques help you identify market opportunities based on numerous data items from our state-of – the -art database using personalized selection criteria.
Axis Direct Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Delivery||Upto 10x|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 15x|
|Equity Futures||Upto 12x|
|Equity Options||Upto 12x|
|Currency Futures||Upto 7x|
|Currency Options||Upto 8x|
|Margin Calculator||Axis Direct Margin Calculator|
With Axis Direct, customer benefits the exposure across various segments is as follows:
Well, you will be satisfied if you are trying to get high leverage or exposure from Axis. That said, exposure is a risky notion and cannot be used unless you understand the effects and risks of exposure. Exposure for trading depends on customer reliability and investment to broker.
- They offer 10 times of exposure for trading stock on holding basis.
- Maximum exposure is provided to trade in intraday in any segment.
- To trade in equity derivative both in future and option maximum exposure of 12 times are provided.
- They do not provide much leverage for trading in currency, for future 7 times and for option maximum of 8 times of margin are offered.
- They do not offer margin to trade in the commodity.
Check Margin or Exposure of other stock brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||NJ Wealth||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||Paytm Money||Reliance Securities|
Axis Direct Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||Yes|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
The stockbroker provides its customers with multiple options for trading platforms and software. The respective platform can be selected based on the user’s preferences and trading styles.
Lightweight application, there are no installations or uploads required for the number of features. The trading experience suits all kinds of traders be it beginners, intermediate level traders or stock market experts.
In several segments, such as equity, commodities, currencies, mutual funds, IPOs, and so on, you can trade and invest.
Unlimited research is offered in the app, which simplifies and accelerates the trading process, especially if you are someone who works yourself. Your extensive technical analysis can be carried out with a wide range of technical indicators and types of charts.
In this review we will base ourselves on several fundamental aspects, as illustrated below, of these trading platforms:
- Web trading
- Desktop trading
- Mobile application
Axis Direct Swift Trade – Axis Direct Web Trading Platform
Swift Trade is Axis Direct’s web-based trading platform, which requires no download or installation. You only have to obtain and begin trading on a specific link. They provide automatically refreshes live streaming quotes. The platform includes some features:
- Multiple watch market.
- Research ideas and tips available.
- Screen and dashboard personalization possible.
- Keyboard shortcuts for quick order placements and other features.
- As far as the number of characteristics discussed earlier is concerned, It is a pretty exhaustive application. In recent times, stock dealers focused heavily on their terminal software.
Axis Direct Trade – Axis Direct Trading Terminal
Axis Direct is a trading platform terminal portal that needs downloading and installation on your computer or laptop. That allows the customer to trade from anywhere for full flexibility and portability. The following features are loaded:
- Search bar to quickly find the specifics the customer is looking for the latest news, market reports, indices information, currency rates, etc.
- Easier navigation and operation uncluttered user interface
- Trading tutorials and videos are available to guide beginners.
- User preferences alerts and updates.
- Chart with the highly developed analytical tool available.
- Easy to use navigation, heat map, technical screener, web charting.
- Stock investors are also able to make quick decisions on their trade, respectively, through technical and basic research. It’s a trading website that gives full investment control.
Axis Direct Mobile Trading App
One of the leading mobile trade applications in India, Axis Direct Mobile App. The following features are provided:
- Portfolio tracking online anytime from anywhere.
- Real-time viewing of stock update and quote.
- Customers can make multiple streaming personalization watchlists
- Minute by minute, intraday charts
- Stock trade can be performed off during non-trading hours
- Strategy option available to establish yourself.
- The application display can be customized by users.
- With terminal locking feature highly secure.
Axis Direct Customer Support
|Toll-Free Number||1800 210 0808|
- As a full-service provider based on a bank, Axis Direct offers its customers the following methods of support:
- Furthermore, customers expect quite high turnaround times, reaction & refresh rate reliability, support managers ‘ skills, etc. On the other hand, Axis Direct also offers decent service. You can trust customer service.
- Whether it’s offline support via telephone, subsidiaries or online aid through a web form, social networking or email, the delivery time is quick.
- Trading support is provided for online and offline trading.
- Customers can contact the toll-free number at any time of any solution.
- There are all over 186 branches, customer can visit any time directly.
Axis Direct Complaints & Feedback
Find the list of total complaints lodged & resolved at both the exchanges.
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||129|
|Resolved in BSE||115|
|Lodged in NSE||189|
|Resolved in NSE||165|
Customers should always be aware of the number of complaint lodged against a broker and how many are resolved.
- Last year total 129 numbers of complaints were lodge in BSE and among them, 115 cases were resolved.
- In NSE board total 189 numbers of complaints were lodged and among them, 165 cases were resolved.
Axis Direct Disadvantages
- High costs for brokerage, open accounts and even yearly maintenance fees
- Very low exposure margin are offered.
- Customers need to pay fees monthly for trading platform but web and cellular apps are free.
- No trade provision for the product segment.
Axis Direct Conclusion
Axis Direct is a full-service broker with heavy charges, whether it is an account or brokerage, so depth pocket users are definitely able to consider using their services.
It also offers rational user service and good research. Because it is supported by a stockbroker depending on a bank, there is a certain component of respect that organically increases its reputation.
Therefore, in a way, the broker is ideal for customers who pay high fees and seek decent research. This can be also be provided by a discount stockbroker and a consulting service that can do a lot more exact research than a broker.
This is an economy and can lead to higher returns on your investment. The rest is at the user’s request.
Get a Call Back from Axis Direct
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|SAMCO||Shriram Insight||Swastika Investmart||Way2Wealth|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most Read Articles