Karvy is one of the well known brokerage firm is based out of Hyderabad and is a part of country’s prominent business group – Karvy Group.
Karvy Group was set up by a group of 5 qualified chartered accountants in 1982.
Key numbers of Karvy Group:
- Counted among top 5 in its field;
- Serves over 70 million customers; and
- Customer base has more than 600 corporate houses
This Group, initially started with financial services, but now has broadened its business base to include data processing and managing segments as well.
The entity of the group engaged in broking business is Karvy Stock Broking Limited (KSBL). It caters to retail as well as institutional investors. It has been awarded BSE order of Merit award and SKOCH – BSE Inspiring Nation award. These awards have been presented to Karvy considering their contribution in educating the potential investors and encouraging them to invest.
On account of its first ranking in asset value generation genre, This broking house was awarded with NSDL star performer award in 2014.
Karvy Brokerage charges and fees
Karvy being a prominent broking house provides wide variety of brokerage offerings. Let’s have a look at their brokerage plans & fee structure.
The company provides trading account for no cost & annual maintenance cost of trading account is also zero. While their demat account opening cost is also zero but they charge yearly AMC of Rs.500.
Karvy Brokerage Plans – They have two types of brokerage structure. 1st is for Retail broking customers of low worth & 2nd for premium customers. Let’s check them out here in the table.
|Segment||Retail Plan||Premium Plan|
|Flat Monthly Fee||0 – 1 lakh||1 lakh plus|
|Equity Options||Rs.30 per lot||Rs.10 per lot|
|Currency Options||Rs.30 per lot||Rs.10 per lot|
Just a Comparison between Karvy’s Brokerage plans to other mid segment brokers. It seems they have a very good brokerage plan with detailed technical analysis team. Kary is very good option for any prospect looking for a decent brokerage with full fledge support of decent quality service.
Free Demat Account
This Company has pushed for Free Demat Account offering along with various brokers but they have interestingly pushed quite a lot for Free Trading Account aswell. This makes the company as a thinking company doing something or the other to engage their prospects & clients.
Brokerage offerings of Karvy is also very competitive and they also use their highly competitive brokerage plan as a promotion stunt. Their premium plan contains brokerage of 0.1% for delivery & 0.01% for intraday which attracts a lot of clients.
15 Minute Demat Account
Another important service offering from Karvy is 15 minute demat account opening commitment to the prospects. They rely highly on this offer & their prospect also appreciates this offer significantly.
This Brand is also offering brokerage reversal of Rs.5500 to their prospects who opens demat account with them. This offer is launched for a month in Jan 2017. This seemed to be very interesting offer as it gives a massive benefit to the client.
These offers running for the brand are quite high impact offers in this industry. The kind of offers they are promoting currently, it seems that they are very aggressive in the market.
Karvy Products and services
Karvy offers a complete range of products to deal in like equity, DEMAT, F&O, currency, commodity, mutual fund, IPO, NCDs, bonds, FDs etc. The company also offers services to NRIs.
For the products offered, the company provides following services:
- Day trading
- Delivery trading
- AMO (after market order) – This facilitates customers to place order post working hours of the market
- Limit order – This facilitates customers to specify the price at which an order should be executed.
- Basket order – This facilitates customers to place multiple order at one go.
- BTST (Buy today sell tomorrow) – This facilitates the customer to dispose the shares that were purchased a day ago without even receiving the delivery.
- Market order
- Cover order – This is like a sell stop loss order. This facilitates customer to place 2 orders at one go – one to buy an order and other to sell stop loss order.
- Bracket order – This facilitates customer to place two contrary orders such that loss is limited and certain profit is ensured. For example, a BUY order will have a high side sell limit order and lower side sell stop order.
- F&O: – Karvy offers trading in index F&O and stock F&O.
- Currencies – karvy offers 4 different class of currencies to trade in – USD, GBP, JPY, and EUR
Other services provided by Karvy are:
- Margin funding – This lets the customer purchase shares from their margin money
- Karvy priority account – With this priority account, the customer benefits certain privileges like exclusive trade reports, personalised portfolio management. For having a priority account, one needs to invest a minimum of INR 5 lacs as margin money.
- Depository Participant access
- Portfolio Management Services
- Wealth Management Services
Other than these services, Karvy provides wide range of tools like EMI calculator, Insurance calculator, Loan Calculator, Retirement planning tool, Montly SPI tool etc.
Karvy Trading platforms
The platform has 3 variants – desktop, online and mobile. Following has been mentioned below.
- Karvy Online Web – It is a browser based platform, it provides all kinds of features like real time trading, technical analysis, reports, charts, wishlist creation & more.
- Karvy Online Trade – It is a mobile application which help clients to check all information on the go. It is a feature stuffed mobile trading platform with access to all markets & works with all type of asset segments.
- Karvy Nest Trading Application – Karvy Nest is a Next Generation Electronic Securities Trading Platform. It is a downloadable application works on web. This is very high speed platform with all trading related features available.
Karvy Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
Karvy, to keep its client abreast of the various market scenarios, releases publishes various dockets:
- Daily reports:
- Morning moves – This report predicts the expected moves in market for the day
- Daily Wrap Up – This report captures a review of the movement in the market on that day and also reviews the report “Morning moves”
- Weekly report – Karvy Bazaar Baatein
This is an e-newsletter which summarises the pattern of the market and other information, tips, market predictions etc.
- Monthly report – The Finapolis
Various reports and newsletters published by the group are then added to a monthly magazine which acts as a repository to various knowledge letters rolled out by the company. It provides stock broking, depository participant, personal financial advisory services, merchant banking services, corporate finance, wealth management etc. It also offers products like mutual funds, bonds and fixed deposits. Karvy has also been registered as NBFC.
List of all Full-Service Brokers in India –
Angel Broking , Motilal Oswal , Kotak Securities , HDFC Securities , Sharekhan , India Infoline / IIFL , ICICI Direct , Edelweiss , Karvy , SBI Cap Securities , Geogit BNP Paribas , Anand Rathi , Religare Securities , Indiabulls Ventures , Just Trade , Ventura Securities , Marwadi Group , Aditya Birla Money , Axis Direct , SMC Global , GEPL Capital , IDBI Direct , GCL Securities , Arihant Capital , Mangal Keshav , MasterTrust , Networth Direct , Reliance Securities , Sushil Finance , LSE Securities
Important Blog Posts –
Top 10 Stock Brokers in India , Best Stock Broker in India , Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India , Top 10 Sub Broker Partner in India , Full Service Broker vs Discount Broker in India , 10 Best Practices of Share Market Investment , Mutual Fund vs Real Estate Investment