Reliance Securities Review, Brokerage Charges, Demat A/C, Platforms & more
Reliance Securities also known as Reliance Smart Money is the forefront organization dealing with the broking and distribution within the Indian stock trading industry for Reliance Capitals.
Needless to say, the brand is a legacy in itself and is among one of the leading full service brokerage houses in the nation. In short, they have built a fortress of fortune around their very brand in quite less than even two decades of operation.
Nevertheless, today we are not here to glorify the organization on their history but to rather question their ways of operation with regards to the products they offer, the services they dispense, the kind of brokerage they charge, the taxes and other relevant charges they levy, the exposure on trading leverage they extend and most important of all, the efficiency of all the remote trading platforms they have to offer to their respective registered traders as well as investors.
Reliance Securities Customer Ratings & Review
About Reliance Securities
|Broker Type||Full Service Broker|
Reliance Securities took over the responsibility of handling all the broking and distribution related to the Indian stock trading industry on behalf of Reliance Capitals after the firm was registered in the year 2005 by their founder Mr. Anil Ambani with their headquarters being Mumbai, Maharashtra.
It has since evolved as not only a full service brokerage house but a giant in the Indian stock trading industry with the help of many state of the art trading techniques and platforms that they have come up with in the past few years for their respective traders and investors located throughout the nation.
As a matter of fact their very mission statement reads ‘To simplify investments & trading for our customers through technology backed, user friendly, value-broking services.’
Get a Call Back from Reliance Securities. Fill up this Form.
Reliance Securities Brokerage Charges
|Brokerage Charge & Fees|
|Equity Options||Rs 100 per lot|
|Currency Options||Rs 100 per lot|
|Minimum Brokerage||As per Transaction|
|Demat AMC Charges||Free or Rs.400 per annum|
|Trading AMC Charges||Free|
|Brokerage Calculator||Reliance Securities Brokerage Calculator|
The aforementioned table has been positioned in a way to brief you about all the charges that Reliance Securities imposes up on their respective clients in the form of brokerage.
By taking one glance at the table above, you can easily speculate that the full service brokerage firm levies a charge of Rs. Rs. 100 per lot as their brokerage on Equity Options trading, Rs. 100 per lot as their brokerage on Currency Options Trading, 0.04 % as their brokerage on Currency Futures trading, 0.03% as their brokerage on Equity Futures Trading, 0.03% as their brokerage on Equity Intraday Trading, 0.30% as their brokerage on Equity Delivery Trading and a charge of Rs. 400 per year as the annual maintenance charge for maintaining Demat Account.
Apart from these, the brokerage house has also made it mandatory for their respective clients to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 25,000 in terms of Margin Money. Nevertheless, the frim charges absolutely no brokerage for annual maintenance of Trading Accounts.
The table is sufficient to brief you about the kind of brokerage you may expect from the company when trading across any of the above-mentioned segments.
However, if you want to determine the kind of charges you will be liable to pay in terms of brokerage when trading across multiple segments all at once, then you must refer to their dedicated Brokerage Calculator that goes by the name of Reliance Securities Brokerage Calculator.
This tool can help you to determine the exact brokerage you will have to pay in such situations and also help you out with calculating the overall tax amount to be paid in terms of like SEBI Turnover Charges, Stamp Duty, STT and GST.
Compare Stock Brokers
Find brokerage charges of other Full Service Brokers
|Sharekhan||Edelweiss||Indiabulls Ventures||Kotak Securities|
|Angel Broking||HDFC Securities||India Indoline / IIFL||Motilal Oswal|
|Axis Direct||ICICI Direct||Karvy||Upstox|
Reliance Securities Charges
|SEBI Turnover Charges||0.00005% (Rs.5/Crore)|
Equity Delivery: 0.1% on both Buy and Sell
Equity Intraday: 0.025% on the Sell Side
Equity Futures: 0.01% on Sell Side
Equity Options: 0.05% on Sell Side(on Premium)
Commodity Futures: 0.01% on sell side (Non-Agri)
Commodity Options: 0.05% on sell side
Currency F&O: No STT
On Exercise transaction: 0.125%
Right to entitlement: 0.05% on sell side
|Stamp Duty||(On buy side only) Delivery: 0.015%, Intraday: 0.002%, Equity Futures: 0.002%, Equity Options: 0.002%, and Currency F&O: 0.0001%.Commodity Futures: 0.002%, Commodity Options: 0.002% (MCX)|
18% on (Brokerage + Transaction Charge + SEBI Fee)
|Margin Funding Charges||NA|
|Reactivation Charges||Rs 40 per instruction|
|Account Closure Charges||NIL|
For each request form, Rs 20 & Extra for each certificate, Rs 5
0.05% of transaction value or min Rs 20
0.05% of transaction value or min Rs 20
|Margin Pledge/Unpledge/ Pledge closure|
0.05% of transaction value or min Rs 20
|Margin Repledge||Rs 25 per ISIN|
Taking a look at the aforementioned chart will give you a proper idea of all the other but relevant charges that you will be needed to pay in terms of taxes.
As you can see, the firm charges 18 % GST on the overall sum of Brokerage as well as Transaction Charges, 0.00005 % SEBI Turnover Charges on the total Turnover value, 0.0350 % Transaction Charges on the Total Turnover Value, 0.0126 % Securities Transaction Tax on the Total Turnover Value.
The overall taxes to be paid by you over a certain trade across multiple asset classes can be determined by using the Reliance Securities Brokerage Calculator tool as well.
Reliance Securities Demat Account Opening Fees
|Trading Charges [One Time]||Rs 0|
|Trading AMC [Yearly]||Rs 0|
|Demat Charges [One Time]||Rs 0|
|Demat AMC [Yearly]||Rs 400|
|Offline to Online||No|
Reliance Securities has always embraced the traders and investors from across the nation who want to join in the well-acclaimed full service brokerage house by allowing them to open up a Demat or a Trading Account.
As a matter of fact, anyone throughout the nation who is interested in joining the brokerage firm as a trader or as an investor can open up a Trading or a Demat Account with them without having to pay even a single rupee.
Furthermore, the brokerage house does not even charge anything in terms of annual maintenance corresponding to Trading Accounts. However, in case of Demat Account, the company does require the users to pay a sum of Rs. 400 every year in terms of annual maintenance charge.
The brokerage house has also made it mandatory for the traders as well as the investors to maintain a minimum balance of Rs. 25,000 in terms of Margin Money so as to be able to trade in without any hindrance. The transactions can all be made through either NSDL or CDSL.
Reliance Securities Offers
|Free Demat Account||Yes|
|Free Trading Account||Yes|
|Discount on Brokerage||Yes|
|Trading Happy Hours||No|
|Flexible Brokerage Plans||Yes|
|1 Month Brokerage Free||No|
|Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades||No|
The chart as mentioned above has been deliberately positioned in that particular place in order to provide you with a clear picture of all the offers that the brokerage house comes up with either occasionally or regularly.
As you can speculate from the chart, Reliance Securities extends exclusive offers for their respective registered traders as well as investors based on Free Trading Account, Discount On Brokerage, Free Demat Account and Flexible Brokerage Plane.
However, it must also be understood that they do not have any offers whatsoever in regards with Trading Happy Hours, Provision to charge Zero Brokerage for Loss Making Trades, Holiday Offers, Referral Offers or a month worth of trading without any brokerage whatsoever.
Find Offers from other Broking Houses
|SBI Smart||Aditya Birla Money||Asit C Mehta Investment||Bonanza Portfolio|
|Narnolia Securities||Alice Blue Online||Astha Trade||Choice Broking|
|Zerodha||Anand Rathi||BMA Wealth Creators||Geojit Finance|
How to open Demat Account with Reliance Securities?
Reliance Securities, as a full service brokerage house has gained humongous respect within the Indian trading and Broking space in the past few years by serving their respective registered traders as well as investors with utmost zeal. Therefore, if you too happen to be a great fan of their work and want to join them as a trader or as an investor, then it is the right time and the right place for you to learn what you need to do:-
- Underneath this particular section, you will find a green colored button reading ‘Open Demat Account’.
- Click on that button to open up a new form on your computer screen.
- Go through the entire form, reading carefully each line, sentence, and paragraph.
- Once you are done with reading the entire form, you will be required to fill up the form with correct details.
- As soon as you have filled up the form, submit the form and proceed for the KYC procedure.
- In order to conclude the KYC procedure, you will need to have your Aadhar Card, PAN Card, and a photograph with you and upload them to the website in order to verify your age, identity and address respectively.
- You may expect a call from one of the authorized personnel on behalf of the brokerage house as soon as you have completed the KYC procedure who will take care of the final few verification formalities.
- You will be granted full access to your new Trading or Demat Account as soon as you have completed all the aforementioned procedures within a couple of hours.
Get a Call Back from Reliance Securities
Why Open Reliance Securities Trading Account?
Frankly speaking, if you belong to the Indian judiciary territory and want to trade or at least invest within the Indian Trading and Broking Space in any or multiple asset classes, then you must have a Demat or a Trading Account as per the Indian Government and the laws of the nation. Nevertheless, there are far more compelling reasons for you to consider joining Reliance Securities:-
- They definitely are one of the big names with a lot of experience and exposure when it comes to full service financial brokering.
- It has been recognized many times for their tremendously satisfying customer care services by the maestros of the domain.
- They have showcased ceaseless growth in term of technological aspect in last decade.
Reliance Securities Products & Services
List of products & services provided to its clients
Reliance Securities Products:
As per the aforementioned chart of contents that has been deliberately placed in that particular position so as to grant you with detailed information about Reliance Securities’ line of financial products, it can be easily speculated that the full service brokerage firm offer products with regards to Equity Trading, Options Trading, Futures Trading, Currency Trading, Mutual Funds and Systematic Investment Plans.
However, the company does not have to offer any product with regards to Commodity Trading, Forex Trading, Banking or Insurances.
Reliance Securities Services:
|3 in 1 Account||No|
|Trading Exposure||Upto 5x|
The aforementioned chart has been tactically designed in order to give you a proper idea about Reliance Securities’ range of services they have to offer to their respective registered traders as well as investors.
Just a glimpse at the table will give you a proper idea that the brokerage firm provides active services with regards to Demat Account Services, Trading Account Services, Initial Public Offering Services, Stock Recommendation Services, Intraday Services and Portfolio Management Services with up to 5 times the average trading exposure.
However, the brokerage firm does not provide any services with regards to 3 in 1 account, Robo Advisory or Trading Institution.
Reliance Securities Research, Advisory & Stock Tips
|Research & Advisory|
|Company Stock Review||Yes|
|Free Stock Tips||No|
|Daily Market Review||No|
As you can speculate after looking at the aforementioned table of content that Reliance Securities provides extensive Research and Advisory Related Materials to their respective registered traders as well as investors throughout the nation with regards to Monthly Reports, Weekly Reports, Offline Advisory, Initial Public Offerings, Top Picks, Research Reports, Company Reports, Annual Reports, Company Stock Overview and Fundamental Reports.
However they have no provision to provide any research and advisory based materials with respect to Free Stock Tips or Daily Market Review.
Reliance Securities Exposure or Leverage
|Exposure / Leverage|
|Equity Intraday||Upto 5x|
|Margin Calculator||Reliance Securities Margin Calculator|
The table of contents as mentioned just above this particular section has been tactically designed so as to give you the proper idea about Reliance Securities’ provisions for letting out additional leverage on trading exposure with respect to various asset classes.
As you can see within the aforementioned table, they provide an additional exposure of up to 5 times on Equity Intraday Trading, up to 1 times on Equity Delivery Trading, up to 1 times on Currency Futures trading, up to 1 times on Currency Options Trading, up to 1 times on Equity Futures Trading and up to 1 times on Equity Options Trading.
Nevertheless, the company does not provide any additional exposure with regards to Commodities Trading.
Check Margin or Exposure of other stock brokers
|IDBI Direct||KIFS Trade Capital||Nirmal Bang||Prabhudas Lilladher|
|Jhaveri Securities||Mastertrust Capital||NJ Wealth||Profitmart|
|JM Financial||Monarch Networth Capital||Paytm Money||5Paisa|
Reliance Securities Trading Platforms
|Desktop Platform – Windows||Yes|
|Desktop Platform – Mac||Yes|
|Desktop Browser Platform||Yes|
|Mobile Site Platform||No|
|Android App Platform||Yes|
|iOS App Platform||Yes|
|Windows App Platform||No|
|Other Mobile OS Platform||No|
|Real time Updates||Yes|
|Online MF Buy||Yes|
|Multi Account Management||Yes|
Reliance Securities, being the fore front representative of the Reliance Capitals, have always been an enthusiastic company in the matter of growth, especially by integrating new age technological aspects.
As a matter of fact, they have continually been developing their ways to help their respective registered traders as well as investors throughout the nation by introducing brilliant tools and platforms for the sake of remote trading options.
As of today, they primarily offer four distinct platforms to help their respective clients throughout the nation:-
Reliance Tick – Reliance Web Trading Platform
Reliance Securities have their dedicated remote trading platform specifically developed to function through and over a web based browser for their respective registered traders and investors across the nation. This particular web based trading platform has been named as Tick Web and it comes loaded with the following features:-
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the Stock Analytics that can provide the traders as well as investors with their respective health score, ranking, peer group performance, industry position, financial position and more, by bringing into use a unique scoring methodology.
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the Market & Sector Analytics. This particular feature can help the users to always stay informed about the current ongoing within the market at real-time with the help of multiple charting options meant to be displayed in a simplified visual yet insightful format.
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the News Analytics. This particular feature enables the respective traders as well as the investors to obtain positive, negative or neutral news along with their respective source and sentiment through multiple analyses and filtrations.
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the Derivative Insights. This particular feature enables the respective registered traders as well as investors to obtain long & short built-up, unusual events, covering, F&O trades & a lot more at merely a glance.
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the Trade Analytics. This particular feature enables the respective registered traders as well as the investors to analyze their respective trading decisions & behaviour so as to help them figure out their own pros and cons and therefor trade profitably. This feature also enables the users to get the details of the winning as well as losing trades in accordance to the basis of sectors, holdings and a lot more.
- The web based trading platform comes integrate with a feature called the Portfolio Highlights. This particular feature enables the respective registered traders as well as investors to study and evaluate their respective portfolios in accordance to their risk tolerance capabilities, past performances and exposure in real time. This feature also grants valuable insights to the respective users so as to help them make informed decisions.
Reliance Securities Trading Terminal – Reliance Tick PC
Reliance Securities have built up their very own Desktop Based Trading platform called the Tick PC to facilitate their respective registered traders as well as investors across the nation to commence remote based trade across the Indian Stock Trading Industry. The app has been developed to function perfectly with Windows 32 and Windows 64 bit variants of Windows 7, Windows 8 and Windows 10 Respectively. It comes equipped with the following features:-
- The desktop based app comes equipped with the ability to let the respective users to access a large number of shortcut keys so as to execute complex trade and analysis related tasks with rather ease. The user is also enabled to create their very own set of shortcut keys in accordance to their own convenience.
- Tick PC, as a desktop based remote trading platform enables the users to execute complex and critical analyses with the help of multiple technical indicators and historical charting data.
- The desktop based trading platform also comes integrated with a functionality called the Span Margin Calculator that can be brought to active use by the respective traders and investors so as to get the accurate information about the kind of margin required to execute a certain trade.
- desktop based software also enables the respective registered traders as well as investors to create multiple customizable watch lists consisting of different set of stocks so as to be able to segregate all their respective trading related information.
- The desktop based software has been developed to be able to allow the respective users to customize and create scrip alerts based on the stock price they want to trade at. This feature especially comes in handy when the respective users do not have the time to be online all the time and yet do not want to miss out on an opportunity to trade in or out the best possible deals.
Relinace Tick Pro Mobile App – Reliance Securities Mobile Trading App
Reliance Securities have developed their very own mobile based remote trading platform called the Tick PRO which has been developed in a way to be compatible with both Android as well as IOs based smartphones. As a matter of fact the app can be found across both Google’s Play Store as well as Apple’s App Store with over one lakh downloads and an average rating of 3.8 and 2.5 ratings respectively. The app comes integrated with the following features:-
- The mobile based trading platform has been developed to easily help the respective registered traders and investors to analyze big data. As a matter of fact the app has more than twenty robos and eight scanners that can go through over twenty five thousand contracts and five thousand securities every second.
- The app comes integrate with a variety of robo advisors that can help the respective users to customized investment strategies in accordance to their own risk profiles within a matter of a single click.
- app has been developed in such a way that it can help the respective users to take informed and swift decisions by giving them detailed information on stocks from authentic social media and global market sources.
- The app has been deliberately designed in a way so that it can help the respective registered traders as well as investors to be informed about their respective profit potentials over a certain amount of option trades.
Reliance Securities Customer Support
|Toll Free Number||No|
You can easily guess the kind of customer service support you may expect from Reliance Securities by taking a moment to look at the aforementioned chart of contents.
The above table shows that the well acclaimed brokerage house provide active support with regards to Offline Trading, Online Trading, Email Support and a Dedicated Dealer through the help of their network of eighty branches located throughout the country.
Nevertheless, this must also be acknowledged that they do not provide any support with regards to 24 * 7 Support, Chat Support or have a Toll Free Number.
Reliance Securities Complaints & Feedback
|Complaints (Current Year)|
|Lodged in BSE||145|
|Resolvd in BSE||121|
|Lodged in NSE||198|
|Resolved in NSE||174|
The Reliance Securities, as a full service brokerage firm received a total of one hundred and forty five complaints against them in the BSE and one hundred and ninety eight complaints within the NSE last year, out of which, a total of one hundred and twenty one and one hundred and seventy four complaints against them were resolved within the respective segments.
Reliance Securities Disadvantages
The Reliance Securities have come a long way in terms of serving their respective customers satisfactorily. However, they still need to look out to rectify a few things within their organization like:-
- They still do not have any toll free number for their respective customers to reach out.
- They do not have any products across the Commodities trading segment.
Reliance Securities Conclusion
There isn’t much to be said about Reliance Securities apart from the fact that they have really been serving enthusiastically to all of their respective clients across the decades. Nonetheless, they can still look out at a few flaws in their organization and aim to become the best there is.
Reliance Securities Review – FAQs
Ques – Is Reliance Securities safe for trading?
Answer –Reliance Securities is an organization that is at the forefront of trading in the Indian stock market. Its legacy and wide range of experience is proof enough of its high standards in safety and reliability for trading. Reliance Securities looks to create a user friendly and value laden broking services for its customers.
Ques – What is the brokerage of Reliance Securities?
Answer –Reliance Securities is a full service broker company. The brokerage can range from 0.15 – 0.50% for Equity Delivery Trading to 0.015-0.050% for Equity Intraday Trading, Equity Futures Trading and Currency Futures Trading.
Ques – How to open Reliance Securities demat online?
Answer –By clicking on the green button labelled “Open Demat Account”, there will appear a new form on your screen. You can read, fill and submit the form and then proceed to the KYC procedure. Once these steps have been successfully completed, you can expect a call from authorized personnel. After the procedures are completed, you will have full access to your account within a few hours.
Ques – Can I invest in IPO via Reliance Securities?
Answer –Yes, you can invest in IPO via Reliance Securities in a hassle free manner. You can take the online route and simply fill in the requisite details in online screens. Your paperwork will then be handled by the company based on the information you have filled out.
Ques – What Leverage does Reliance Securities provide?
Answer –Reliance Securities provisions for letting out additional leverage on trading exposure varies with respect to various asset classes. The leverage can go as high as 5x on Equity Intraday and as low as 1X on Currency Future Options.
Ques – Does Reliance Securities have trading App?
Answer – Yes, Reliance Securities does have a trading app for both Android and iOS platforms called Tick PRO. Meant as a remote trading platform, the app has provisions for the analysis of a hefty amount of data, automated advisors, information about profit potentials etc., and has over 1 Lakh downloads.
Ques – How to contact Reliance Securities customer care?
Answer –Reliance Securities offers customer care for both online and offline trading. This can be acquired by customers either in the form of email support or in- person from one of its 80 branches located throughout the country. A dedicated dealer is also provided by the company.
Ques – Does Reliance Securities provide Research?
Answer –Yes, Reliance Securities provides extensive research to the registered traders as well as investors throughout the nation. Timely research reports and insights are offered by the company.
Ques – Is Reliance Securities good for Beginners?
Answer –Yes, Reliance Securities is a great option for beginners. Its thorough research and advisory support, combined with multiple reports makes it a good choice for beginners. Reliance Services serves its clients with its mission statement that is “to simplify investments and trading for our customers through tech backed, user friendly, value- broking services.”
Ques – Who Founded Reliance Securities?
Answer –The foundations for Reliance Securities were laid in the year 2005 by Mr. Anil Ambani. After the firm was registered with its headquarters in Mumbai, Reliance Securities took over the responsibility of handling of broking and distribution related to the Indian stock trading industry on behalf of Reliance Capitals.
Get a Call Back from Reliance Securities
Find Reviews of other Stock Brokers
|Religare Securities||Shri Parasram Holdings||Sushil Finance||Ventura Securities|
|SAMCO||Shriram Insight||Swastika Investmart||Way2Wealth|
|SAS Online||SMC Global||Tradebulls||Yes Securities|
Most Read Articles