ONGC Share Price / Stock Price
ONGC was the leadership of Jawaharlal Nehru and the founder of the firm was Kesha Dev Malviya. We will discuss the company in detail, to give you a detailed insight of the ONGC Stock Price. We also included, the financials and other fundamental details that affect the ONGC Share Price
Why Invest in ONGC Shares?
So, as mentioned above, we will enlist some of the critical facts about ONGC Shares so that it becomes easy for you to understand the share price movement and also the things which affect the price of the share and an investor should be aware of –
- It is a MAHARATNA status holder company which means the top league companies in the country which not just work for profit but also the citizen of the country and facilitate their lives. It is highly important for the investors as well because that depicts how reliable the company is for investment.
- Coming to the financials of the company, we have first for you the Net profit which has been growing forthe last three years after dipping in the first two years from the last five years. A growing profit indicates that the share price will also increase over time and the potential of the company.
- After Net profit, we need to discuss the EPS which is derived from Net profit divided by the number of outstanding shares. EPS is a crucial metric for investors. ONGC EPS has been rising with the growing profit for the last three years. As you saw above, the profits have increased and so has the EPS.
- The next is the dividend which has increased from 2018 in 2019. However, every year, the company has been paying the dividend, if we see the last five years of data.
Check out Share Price of other Companies
How to Invest in ONGC Stocks?
The process of investing in the ONGC Stocks comprises of few steps which are general for any stock. So, for this stock as well and here is the procedure for you in a most simplified way so, that you can understand and implement it without any hassle.
- The primary thing you need for investing in the shares of ONGC is a Demat and a trading account. The former one is for holding the shares while the later one is for trading those shares.
- For opening a Demat account, you need to select a brokerage house that provides all the trading facilities that you require.
- Fill the application form for opening accounts and submit the documents like PAN, AADHAAR Card, and other details.
- Once the executives of the brokerage house check and verify the details and the documents, you will receive the login credentials of your account and your account will be live.
- You can login and download the trading terminal and the other platforms for trading whichever suits you.
- Then, you need to install the trading platforms on to the device and set them up for use.
- For setting up, you need to create the market watchlist in which you need to add the ONGC stock.
- This will make it easy for you to track the price of the share and its movement and also help you trade and invest in the share easily.
- Always make sure that you know the entry and the exit points given the market scenario and also plan your strategy well in advance for any situation in the market to make your investment safe.
About Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd.
Oil & Natural Gas Corporation Ltd. embarked on its journey in the year 1955 and since then, it never looked back. It discovered oil and gas in Gujrat in the years 1960 and 1963 in Assam and then it continues.
They started their first offshore mining in the year 1970 and also then GAIL formed out of the company in the year 1984. In the year 1993, the Government of India, divest 2% share in the company, and 2% of shares were offered to the employees.
It has 6 oil-producing basins in the country which it discovered and till now, there are seven in total in the country.
Here are the Stock Prices of other brands
|Bandhan Bank Share Price||ACC Share Price||BPCL Share Price|
|BOB Share Price||Bharti Infratel Share Price||Britannia Share Price|
|Berger Paints Share Price||Biocon Share Price||Cadila Healthcare Share Price|
|Bharti Airtel Share Price||Bosch Share Price||Cipla Share Price|
Products or Services offered by ONGC
ONGC Services and ONGC Products fall under mainly these core business areas which it has. Let us see the core business areas of ONGC –
- Exploration: ONGC explores and finds the oil reserves and basins in the country and then the other processes like the development and production of oil and gas follow.
- Drilling: It is the main service of the firm which takes about 55% of the CAPEX of the firm. In the year 2017, the company drilled around 501 wells in the country and it is the highest ever for the company. It is prudent in radial drilling as well which is a drilling technology for more productivity.
- Production: Then comes the production of oil which is another important business that the business house carries on. It produces 4%-5% of the country’s hydrocarbon which makes it the leader in this department.
ONGC Share – Conclusion
ONGC Share Price is quite sensitive as the oil price is sensitive to the global prices of the product and the businesses around the world.
So, investing in ONGC needs precision and also understanding of the ONGC Stock Price and its movement. We have mentioned the financials above and also, you must do your research for full-proofing your investment.
Most Read Articles