Zerodha Z5 is a browser based trading platform which work on both desktop & mobile.
In this article, we will review Zerodha Z5 web trading platform, we will check its features, advantages, set-up process & more.
Zerodha Z5 Review & Ratings
|Zerodha Z5 Ratings|
About Zerodha Z5
Z5 is a new platform introduced by Zerodha that can work on web browsers, mobiles as well as tablets. This is a one of its kind web-based platform launched by Zerodha.
It is an html5 based platform on which trading can be done effectively. Here is an Insight on Z5 Platform launched by Zerodha.
The key goals behind the launching of Z5 are as follows:
- There was a lot of difficulty in using the desktop version. This was because of many reasons like high internet speed requirement and bulky file size of the desktop version. This was the biggest problem faced by many traders.
- There is a possibility that it is restricted to install the external software in locations like office, etc. So an alternative to the desktop version is solicited.
- The earlier web version had some problems which are solved in the new Z5 web-based version.
- The earlier web platform “Trade Express” required Java for working. There are many companies, which do not allow you to install java. Hence, this was also a big problem in the earlier version.
- Some companies also block ports which are required to receive live streaming quotes.
Thus, to solve the above-mentioned problems faced in the earlier versions, Zerodha has launched the new web-based Z5 version. It is a better version, in which the earlier restrictions are removed as well as new functionalities are added.
Zerodha Z5 has now been replaced by Zerodha Kite.
Open Free Demat Account with Zerodha – Sign-up Now
Zerodha Z5 Web Based Trading Platform Features
The all-new Zerodha Z5 platform has the following features:
Lightweight & Responsive Platform
The Zerodha Z5 is a lightweight as well as a browser adaptable platform. It works on all types of web and mobile browsers.
Live Stream of Share Market Quotes
This platform will ensure that you will be able to view streaming quotes even when your system is behind firewalls. The ports like port 80 and port 443 are used in this platform, which are typically kept open by most of the companies.
Highly Secure Platform
This platform utilizes https 443 for providing feeds as well as transactions. This port is also an open port in most of the companies.
Responsive Web Trading Platform
The user interface for Zerodha Z5 is very responsive as well as it is better than other web-based platforms. The Z5 platform is adaptive to mobile phones as well as tablets. This platform provides a very advanced trading experience to the people.
Placing Orders & Advanced Analysis
Various activities like placing orders and performing analysis can be effectively executed on Zerodha Z5 platform. The platform provides advanced charting for analysis & decision making.
How to setup Zerodha Z5?
Here we will look at the step by step process of using the Zerodha Z5. The steps for using the Zerodha Z5 platform are mentioned below:
First, you have to Login into Zerodha Web Platform. One can log in to trade.zerodha.com from the web browser on desktop, mobiles or tablets.
One can put his / her Zerodha account credentials and can log-in in the Z5 platform.
After logging into the browser, you will see a screen with a Z5 tab. One can click on a Z5 tab to launch the Z5 UI in the new window.
Once the Z5 platform is launched in your web platform, you can select various scripts as well as place various orders.
Know about other Stock Brokers
|SAS Online||Wisdom Capital||Fortune Trading||Fyers|
|RK Global||Achiievers Equities||Zeroshulk||Anand Rathi|
How to Own Zerodha Z5?
The Zerodha Z5 platform is free to use platform if you own a Zerodha Trading account. You can access this tool from the “trade.zerodha.com” URL.
The step by step process to start Zerodha Z5 platform is mentioned in the above section. You need to have a stable internet connection and a good web browser to access the Zerodha Z5 platform.
There are absolutely no extra charges for the Zerodha’s Clients to use this platform.
Advantages of Zerodha Z5 Platform
Some of the key Pros of using the Zerodha Z5 platform are as follows:
- Firstly, it is a very convenient platform to trade as compared to the desktop version.
- The Zerodha Z5 platform can be accessed at all the places, where there is a facility of a stable Internet connection.
- This tool can be accessed from desktops, mobiles as well as tablets.
- High level of trading related functionalities is rendered by this platform.
- This platform can work even with low internet speeds.
- The platform is made highly responsive so that it can work well with different devices.
Know about Sub Broker Franchise Business
|Angel Broking Franchise||Kotak Securities Franchise||Narnolia Franchise||Karvy Franchise|
|Sharekhan Franchise||ICICI Direct Franchise||Choice Broking Franchise||Religare Securities Franchise|
Disadvantages of Zerodha Z5 Web Platform
Some of the key Cons of using the Zerodha Z5 platform are as follows:
- This platform can be accessed only when you are online. That is you should have an active internet connection to work on this platform.
- At present, this platform is little limited in terms of functionalities like Technical Analysis tools. More Functionality will be added in the future versions.
Conclusion of Zerodha Z5
Thus, we have seen that Zerodha has launched Z5, as a new web-based tool to improve the trading experience of the traders. The problems in the earlier web versions, as well as desktop versions, are tried to be addressed in this platform.
This is the best platform available in the market for web-based trading when we compare it to the other alternatives. Also, the best part is that it is available for free. Just follow the steps mentioned in the above sections to use Z5 and you can have an excellent trading experience.
Zerodha Z5 is now Zerodha Kite
Open Demat Account with Zerodha – Sign-up Now
Know Everything about Zerodha
Most read Articles
|Everything about Discount Broker|
|Everything about Full Service Broker|
|Top Stock Brokers in India|
|Top 10 Intraday Trading Brokers in India|
|Best Demat Account in India|
|Stock Broker Comparison|
|Sub Broker Franchise|
|Top 10 Broking Franchise|
|Stock Market Franchise|